Who do you think is more strongly disliked in Kansas?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:27:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who do you think is more strongly disliked in Kansas?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who do you think is more strongly disliked in Kansas at this moment?
Sam Brownback

Barack Obama

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 70

Author Topic: Who do you think is more strongly disliked in Kansas?  (Read 2499 times)
Rockefeller GOP
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2014, 05:23:17 PM »

Black President + lots of angry rural whites = no contest, Obama.

Race baiting at its finest
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2014, 05:59:36 PM »

Here's what I actually said:

"It wasn't meant to tell you about the Gubernatorial race. Well, other than combating the hackery that has run wild in that thread about how Obama and Brownback are basically disliked with the same intensity."

Let's focus on the last few words there: "basically disliked with the same intensity." That means some people were suggesting that the level of dislike for both was pretty close to even. 

Don't misquote me and expect to get away with it.

Now let's look at a comment from the poster known as IceSpear: "Agreed. I'd actually anticipate it being somewhat close, probably with a small lead for Obama. But unfortunately for Brownback, Obama isn't on the ballot and he is."

The bolded text suggests that you believe the level of distaste for both might not be equal but would be pretty close to even. And almost no one here agrees with you. Again, get over it.

Except this poll isn't asking whether or not it would be close, it's simply asking who would be more disliked, which virtually everyone (including myself in that very thread) said would be Obama. Nice try.

Besides, "close" is a relative term. For example, Santorum losing by 18 points in a state like PA is a complete thrashing and landslide. Now, if Santorum lost by only 18 points in a state like Vermont, that would be "relatively close" considering the circumstances. I even elaborated later that I meant close in a relative sense, which you chose to ignore.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2014, 09:02:52 PM »

Most likely President Obama is disliked more.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2014, 08:17:52 AM »

Black President + lots of angry rural whites = no contest, Obama.

Race baiting at its finest

Of course GOP leadership and such 'intellectual' leaders of right-wing America like Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, Savage, etc. wouldn't stoop so low as to dredge up old ethnic resentments?

"Nice kitty, wouldn't hurt a mouse!"
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2014, 12:34:14 PM »

Here's what I actually said:

"It wasn't meant to tell you about the Gubernatorial race. Well, other than combating the hackery that has run wild in that thread about how Obama and Brownback are basically disliked with the same intensity."

Let's focus on the last few words there: "basically disliked with the same intensity." That means some people were suggesting that the level of dislike for both was pretty close to even. 

Don't misquote me and expect to get away with it.

Now let's look at a comment from the poster known as IceSpear: "Agreed. I'd actually anticipate it being somewhat close, probably with a small lead for Obama. But unfortunately for Brownback, Obama isn't on the ballot and he is."

The bolded text suggests that you believe the level of distaste for both might not be equal but would be pretty close to even. And almost no one here agrees with you. Again, get over it.

Except this poll isn't asking whether or not it would be close, it's simply asking who would be more disliked, which virtually everyone (including myself in that very thread) said would be Obama. Nice try.

But the comments here have laughed off the idea that it would be close. Your red avatar brethren have even said the hatred for Obama is more intense. I think I found who is being purposely obtuse here...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Roll Eyes

Ok, pal.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies