The Mideast: Dead? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:36:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Mideast: Dead? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is the Mideast Region on the right track?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: The Mideast: Dead?  (Read 1442 times)
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« on: August 21, 2014, 06:42:37 AM »

Alfred's right. I'll say that a healthy game and a healthy approach must allow for adaptation. We should not stick with a five region model just because that's how the game was set up a decade ago. But more than that, it's apparent that in the Mideast's case, despite its size, a few active people leave for various reasons and the region becomes inactive. Consolidating regions will allow us to combine the talent and desire to play that is spread too thin currently.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 08:02:26 PM »

The thing that has to be remembered is that because a lot of people register doesn't mean they want to get involved in all this. I saw that firsthand as Pacific Governor when we literally had a revolving door of people coming, saying "Nah, this isn't for me," and leaving.

Merging the MW and the Pac would not alter the identity of either region, although the Pac has certainly been tacking to the right lately. The same can be said of merging the Southeast with the Mideast. Or some such configuration. I thought this was taken into consideration. In the end, we're certainly running out of reasons not to attempt some kind of consolidation. We're to the point where we have to manufacture reasons not to do it, and I suppose there are those eager to do that.

Likely the extremism has made the game inaccessible to some.

Well, most sane leftists last summer, for instance, wanted nothing to do with the Mideast, which seemed on the brink of bringing back blue laws at some point, for goodness sakes.

Is it just me or has the usual one region that plays the role of the "Sick Man of Atlasia" now two?

My opinion carries very little weight here, but that's been the case for a long time and it's now actually three "sick men" out of five. Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies