should kids be allowed to wear clothing with these pictures on them to school? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:07:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  should kids be allowed to wear clothing with these pictures on them to school? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: should kids be allowed to wear clothing with these pictures on them to school?
A

B

C

D

E

F

G

H

none of these

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: should kids be allowed to wear clothing with these pictures on them to school?  (Read 3819 times)
Cashcow

« on: April 06, 2005, 09:16:42 PM »
« edited: April 06, 2005, 09:18:40 PM by Alcon »

All of the above, however, I would personally beat the living daylights out of anyone wearing the Arrowcross. I'm stunned that it's recieved more votes than the swastika; clearly, no one is aware that they were worse than the Nazis.
Cashcow

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 09:21:59 PM »
« Edited: April 06, 2005, 09:41:39 PM by Cashcow »

All of the above, however, I would personally beat the living daylights out of anyone wearing the Arrowcross. I'm stunned that it's recieved more votes than the swastika; clearly, no one is aware that they were worse than the Nazis.

I'm suprised someone recognized it. Kudos for being historically aware.

I'm surprised it was posted. Kudos to you for the same! I'm Hungarian, FYI. Wink

Edit: Alcon, are you having some sort of personal problems? Is the word "sh**t" really more offensive than the picture in someone's signature calling Rick Santorum a fag, or NixonNow's death threats? Angus and Bob say things much worse than that several times a day. You are clearly biased against me as a user. Find something better to do.
Cashcow

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 09:29:33 PM »
« Edited: April 06, 2005, 09:37:52 PM by Cashcow »

I'm suprised someone recognized it. Kudos for being historically aware.

I'm surprised it was posted. Kudos to you for the same! I'm Hungarian, FYI. Wink

ah, that explains it. Didn't you say you were Jewish too? That's probably the one symbol a Hungarian Jew would hate most.

Yes, the Arrowcross is personally responsible for killing 30% of my family tree (in that generation) and driving many of my immediate ancestors into starvation for years. I try not to be biased, but anyone who has read about similar German groups and the Arrowcross would know which one was more brutal. They had no regard for our cities, they destroyed the towns, farms, and villages; they raped the entire nation of Hungary in a way that no Russian bombing ever could. No Jew or other detested minority was even given a chance to survive or labor, they were simply taken out into the street and shot. Over a period of just a few months, almost none survived. The Nazis never came close to that.

However, people can wear what they want, as long as they don't expect to be left alone for it.
Cashcow

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 09:48:57 PM »

Only E, along with any other religious symbols. ... School is for learning, not political statements.

School is for learning, not religious statements. Wink

Just pointing out that this isn't very consistent reasoning, Jake, that's all.

True, but a cross will not cause an uproar like a hateful shirt like those would. 

Though I don't have a political problem with hateful shirts, I agree with Jake on this one. Religious symbols are sometimes required - swastikas are not. The excuse "it's part of my religion" is not acceptable in that situation. Some things are just wrong.
Cashcow

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2005, 10:21:02 PM »

Well, I don't know. Personally I don't think people should be allowed to wear well-defined symbols of hate and stupidity (Eg swastikas) to schools..

However, who decides what is hateful - for example some people think that the confederate flag stands for racism, some think it stands for southern heritage & pride....

If someone wants to display their southern pride, let them fly the stars and bars like States does. They don't have to act like the Klan.

What if someone wants to display their Soviet pride with communist symbols? That's just hypocritical.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies