Oil Pipeline Funding Expungement Act (Law'd)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:48:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Oil Pipeline Funding Expungement Act (Law'd)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Oil Pipeline Funding Expungement Act (Law'd)  (Read 5404 times)
TNF
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2014, 12:38:17 PM »

With six votes in the affirmative, three votes opposed, and one not voting, the Oil Pipeline Funding Expungement Act can be declared as having passed the Senate. It is now presented to the President for executive action.

Aye(s): President Pro Tempore TNF, Senator bore, Senator Cranberry, Senator Lumine, Senator Cynic, Senator Polnut
Nay(s): Senator Cassius, Senator Spiral, Senator North Carolina Yankee
Abstaining: None
Not voting: Senator JCL
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2014, 02:17:21 PM »

With six votes in the affirmative, three votes opposed, and one not voting, the Oil Pipeline Funding Expungement Act can be declared as having passed the Senate. It is now presented to the President for executive action.

Aye(s): President Pro Tempore TNF, Senator bore, Senator Cranberry, Senator Lumine, Senator Cynic, Senator Polnut

You cannot disregard my motion to delay the final vote without considering my amendment. It has not passed as my motion to delay the final vote must be heard and voted upon.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2014, 02:59:52 PM »

You cannot disregard my motion to delay the final vote without considering my amendment. It has not passed as my motion to delay the final vote must be heard and voted upon.

This is just not true. The only thing the OSPR says about halting final votes is this:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

The power of stopping a vote is held by the President of the senate alone.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2014, 03:20:41 PM »

X DemPGH, President

I think this is a wise and necessary step to take. One of the things that we need in order to push green technology and green energy to the next level and beyond is an impetus. The corporate largely doesn't care about environmentally friendly measures and research because they're making money selling something that's not environmentally friendly. The problem is that it's neither sustainable nor inexhaustible, so it's time to take measures that push renewable energy to the next level. The government saying that it will not be an enabler is a good preliminary step.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2014, 09:52:41 PM »
« Edited: September 08, 2014, 09:59:46 PM by Senator JCL and the geologist »

X DemPGH, President

I think this is a wise and necessary step to take. One of the things that we need in order to push green technology and green energy to the next level and beyond is an impetus. The corporate largely doesn't care about environmentally friendly measures and research because they're making money selling something that's not environmentally friendly. The problem is that it's neither sustainable nor inexhaustible, so it's time to take measures that push renewable energy to the next level. The government saying that it will not be an enabler is a good preliminary step.

I contest the final vote as I had proposed an amendment and motioned to delay a final vote. That motion to delay must be respected thus this is not worth the paper it was written upon.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2014, 09:57:46 PM »

The final vote had been called. That's it.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2014, 10:01:02 PM »

I motioned for a vote to delay. TNF refused without basis. So no this isn't over whatsoever.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2014, 11:25:06 PM »

I motioned for a vote to delay. TNF refused without basis. So no this isn't over whatsoever.

You cannot motion to delay the vote, when the vote is in progress.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2014, 12:56:02 AM »

Funny how many things we can do or cannot do, suddenly since JCL is in the Senate... Must have been that no one read the rules before, I guess that's the only way I can explain this...
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2014, 11:58:20 AM »

X DemPGH, President

I contest the final vote as I had proposed an amendment and motioned to delay a final vote. That motion to delay must be respected thus this is not worth the paper it was written upon.

"I'll huff. . . and I'll puff. . . and I'll. . ."

JCL, the procedure is so clear that I cannot imagine what's preventing you from grasping it.

1. You cannot stop a final vote to propose an amendment.

2. The PPT does not have to stop a final vote. In 18 months I've not seen it.

3. When you decided to ask that it be stopped, it had already concluded anyway.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2014, 01:31:49 PM »

X DemPGH, President

JCL, the procedure is so clear that I cannot imagine what's preventing you from grasping it.

I motioned for delay while the vote was still going on not after.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2014, 04:16:11 PM »

X DemPGH, President

I motioned for delay while the vote was still going on not after.

And the senate rules are such that only the President of the Senate, and no one else, can stop a vote. You do not have the power to halt the vote just by making a motion.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2014, 06:14:34 PM »

Historically though, the Presiding officer has respected a request provided it was made in a timely manner and including a substantive text to be offered. But yes, it is at his discretion.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2014, 01:29:11 PM »

Historically though, the Presiding officer has respected a request provided it was made in a timely manner and including a substantive text to be offered. But yes, it is at his discretion.

Which is what I did. And as such dispute this bills passage.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #89 on: September 12, 2014, 04:25:43 PM »

I dispute that you understand the Senate rules. And I'm fairly confident in that, given your total inability to act in any manner that would suggest anything to the contrary.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2014, 06:16:04 PM »

I dispute that you understand the Senate rules. And I'm fairly confident in that, given your total inability to act in any manner that would suggest anything to the contrary.

Perhaps he is just disputing the choice made "under your discretion" on the matter.

I would love to assist him in any areas of deficiency regarding the rules if such exist, but unfortunately, I cannot just scream at my computer screen "GRANT ME ACCESS" and be able to get on the Atlas. I would have done it August 6th if I could. Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies