Opinion of the Huey P. Newton Gun Club
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:51:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of the Huey P. Newton Gun Club
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2014/08/armed-demonstrators-march-through-south-dallas-to-protest-police-shootings.html/?hootPostID=d3a5789845e05552ad3df2b1184cc541
Freedom Fighters

Horrible People

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 36

Author Topic: Opinion of the Huey P. Newton Gun Club  (Read 1289 times)
TNF
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 21, 2014, 08:11:21 PM »

Freedom Fighters, of course.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 08:47:04 PM »

Lean FFs.
Illuminati Blood Drinker
phwezer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.42, S: -7.30

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 08:51:04 PM »

Eh, I'm generally not a fan of guns but their cause is certainly just and it's preferable to the seven millionth "we're TOTALLY NOT suggesting Obama should be shot guys!" armed Tea Party march. Lean FFs.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 09:10:21 PM »

FF, duh
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 09:12:37 PM »

FFs
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 09:44:25 PM »

FFs, but guns should still be illegal.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 10:26:44 PM »

bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2014, 11:02:57 PM »

Seriously?  I'm not one to freak out about Black Panther cosplay like Fox News racists.  But, these people are knuckle-heads sending a horrible message and embarrassing their community. 
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2014, 11:15:06 PM »

Would be FFs if they weren't named after Huey Newton. As such, slight lean HP.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2014, 07:40:06 AM »
« Edited: August 22, 2014, 07:42:40 AM by Governor Simfan »

Seriously?  I'm not one to freak out about Black Panther cosplay like Fox News racists.  But, these people are knuckle-heads sending a horrible message and embarrassing their community. 

Ditto.

I mean the ludicrosity of the "the solution to the problem is MORE GUNS" rhetoric is not made any less so just because the people touting it are black instead of Tea Partiers.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2014, 07:43:12 AM »

Whitey's Worst Nightmare=Auto-FFs.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2014, 09:15:44 AM »

That horrible message being self-defense against racist cops?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2014, 09:36:02 AM »
« Edited: August 22, 2014, 10:11:18 AM by The Roose is Loose »

Seriously?  I'm not one to freak out about Black Panther cosplay like Fox News racists.  But, these people are knuckle-heads sending a horrible message and embarrassing their community.  

This, they are the best friends the St. Louis police department could possibly ask for and are an embarrassment to their community.  If the St. Louis PD threatens and attacks peaceful protesters, it becomes a Bull Connor moment.  If a bunch of idiots start marching around with guns, some of the people watching the news are going to go "huh, maybe those protesters were a bunch of thugs afterall."  Playing Black Panther dress-up and waving around guns may make those guys feel short-term emotional gratification, but it also scares away many whites who would otherwise be extremely sympathetic to Ferguson's African-American community (and willing to support serious action to combat the institutional problem of police brutality).  

The guys in that picture are also complete cowards.  There's nothing brave or admirable about wandering around with a gun to see how many people you can intimidate before someone finally stands up to you (and it is often counter-productive, as the gun-rights crowd has proven countless times).  The people with real courage are the ones who protest peacefully, day after day, knowing full well that they may be viciously attacked.  Any idiot can throw a punch, the real FFs are the people who can take a punch and still have enough sense to think before they punch back.  There's a reason Martin Luther King became arguably the single most influential civil rights leader in American history while Huey P. Newton ended up becoming little more than a boogie-man that "Law and Order" style racist politicians could use to scare people into voting for them.

TLDR: Major HPs
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2014, 10:32:46 AM »
« Edited: August 22, 2014, 10:34:35 AM by a real human being »

positive opinion of them, negative opinion of average 'protester' (i.e. "din do nuthin.. "*dashon grabs the sony display in front of him then drops chef boy everywhere*)
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2014, 10:35:27 AM »

Seriously?  I'm not one to freak out about Black Panther cosplay like Fox News racists.  But, these people are knuckle-heads sending a horrible message and embarrassing their community.  

This, they are the best friends the St. Louis police department could possibly ask for and are an embarrassment to their community.  If the St. Louis PD threatens and attacks peaceful protesters, it becomes a Bull Connor moment.  If a bunch of idiots start marching around with guns, some of the people watching the news are going to go "huh, maybe those protesters were a bunch of thugs afterall."  Playing Black Panther dress-up and waving around guns may make those guys feel short-term emotional gratification, but it also scares away many whites who would otherwise be extremely sympathetic to Ferguson's African-American community (and willing to support serious action to combat the institutional problem of police brutality).  

The guys in that picture are also complete cowards.  There's nothing brave or admirable about wandering around with a gun to see how many people you can intimidate before someone finally stands up to you (and it is often counter-productive, as the gun-rights crowd has proven countless times).  The people with real courage are the ones who protest peacefully, day after day, knowing full well that they may be viciously attacked.  Any idiot can throw a punch, the real FFs are the people who can take a punch and still have enough sense to think before they punch back.  There's a reason Martin Luther King became arguably the single most influential civil rights leader in American history while Huey P. Newton ended up becoming little more than a boogie-man that "Law and Order" style racist politicians could use to scare people into voting for them.

White liberalism: the astounding thought people who defend themselves when they're being attacked are the real cowards.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2014, 10:37:34 AM »
« Edited: August 22, 2014, 10:39:37 AM by a real human being »

White liberalism: the astounding thought people who defend themselves when they're being attacked are the real cowards.
^
liberalism and by extension the degenerate protest culture is more passive aggressive and ironically enough, reactive than anything. loiter on private property (lol i know that phrase but work with me here). block people going to work.. maybe tag some sh**t... then scream 'non violent' when the cops spray you after telling you to get lost. you 'win' by making them look like 'the bad guy.'
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2014, 10:38:10 AM »

What "action" is actually going to be taken as a result of the Ferguson protests? The only thing I could see even attempted to be done would be to stop funneling military equipment to police departments. Anyone who would oppose that because they saw black people with guns on TV probably wasn't going to support it in the first place.

Also, you think shooting or otherwise attacking someone for engaging in open carry constitutes "standing up" to them?
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2014, 10:41:05 AM »

i like black nationalists obvsly. well it should be anyway but it seems like most people here other than saw, tnf and snowstalker (weirdly enough) don't get why
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2014, 10:41:46 AM »

I value the lives of black people in poor communities over the of militantly stupid cosplay that glorifies violence.  Marching around with a gun in an American city is insane.  Shooting cops as a means of dealing with police brutality is even more insane.  But, again these are just stupid knuckleheads doing some cosplay to show off how cool they look in berets.  There's no real reason to pay attention, "black nationalism" is more silly than anything.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2014, 10:50:27 AM »
« Edited: August 22, 2014, 10:58:00 AM by The Roose is Loose »

What "action" is actually going to be taken as a result of the Ferguson protests? The only thing I could see even attempted to be done would be to stop funneling military equipment to police departments. Anyone who would oppose that because they saw black people with guns on TV probably wasn't going to support it in the first place.

Also, you think shooting or otherwise attacking someone for engaging in open carry constitutes "standing up" to them?

I believe that if people like the members of this Gun Club can manage to avoid giving suburban whites an excuse to revert to the default "police right, unarmed black person wrong" that there will be major and reasonably effective (albeit not perfect) changes to the way police do their job and that there will be greater accountability (although these changes will be bottom-up).  I think that you could see enough pressure to force most states to completely reform the rules for police departments and start requiring officers to have a small camera on their uniform at all times (which would presumably make them less likely to think they'll get away with murdering, beating up, or otherwise harassing African-Americans and Hispanics.

As for your straw-man question, no.  I was referring to things like business establishments changing their policy to start banning people from carrying around guns in their stores.  Another thing I meant was people refusing to let themselves be intimidated by the bad elements of either the white and African-American communities.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2014, 10:54:19 AM »

in this case they're probably right fwiw but i almost want to deny i agree just because i don't want to agree with typical whiny libertarians, white liberals and the 1 million man march (to the electronics display case)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2014, 10:57:22 AM »

I value the lives of black people in poor communities over the of militantly stupid cosplay that glorifies violence.  Marching around with a gun in an American city is insane.  Shooting cops as a means of dealing with police brutality is even more insane.  But, again these are just stupid knuckleheads doing some cosplay to show off how cool they look in berets.  There's no real reason to pay attention, "black nationalism" is more silly than anything.

This, and stuff like Black Panther dress-up is counter-productive because it freaks out enough whites to significantly reduce the political pressure for real, meaningful changes.  Whether the TNFs of the world like it or not, there won't be enough political pressure to force politicians to address the institutional problem of police brutality against African-Americans if the only people who are demanding changes are African-Americans and liberal whites.  This is the sort of thing that won't change without a Bull Connor moment and Ferguson could very well be one if people like this Gun Club don't get any attention from the media.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2014, 08:24:17 PM »

PiMp DaDdy FitzGerald
Mr. Pollo

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2014, 08:35:04 PM »

Scary
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2014, 08:57:22 PM »

I don't see anything wrong with what they are doing. Good for them!

Nothing good will come of "armed resistance," whether it's for real or for show. It's an idiotic gesture when suburban NRA members or squatting cultists are behind it, and it's no less stupid or unlikely to help in Saint Louis. HPs.
Anyone who advocates "armed resistance" is not going to participate in the actual event, so there is no real threat. Big talk has never hurt anyone, but it sure has kept me entertained.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies