Doctor Who - Series 8 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:05:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Doctor Who - Series 8 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Doctor Who - Series 8  (Read 3197 times)
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« on: August 24, 2014, 01:50:02 PM »

It was a pretty good episode, but I'd like to see where this series is going. I hope to see it distinguish itself from the past three series. I did appreciate the reference to Series 2's The Girl in the Fireplace (though I think I've already made clear my strong preference for RTD Era Doctor Who, which is ultimately the show I really fell in love with).
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 09:28:55 AM »

I agree. Last night's episode was really good. Did anyone else find it somewhat reminiscent of Midnight?
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 11:13:32 AM »

I've really been enjoying this season (apart from one or two slower episodes). I think it's the best since Series 4. I really liked the way this story arc was handled, much closer to the earlier seasons. I've been partial to the more subtle arcs that give way to a big finale.

As for last night's episode, just wow. Moffat really hit it out of the park on that one, definitely one of the best of his run. Unfortunately, the preview gave away the return of the Cybermen, but not the significance of their return. Obviously, the biggest surprise was the reveal of the return of The Master. I thought it was somebody from the past, but that wasn't what I was expecting. I'm looking forward to the explanation as to how. And am I the only who thought the actual meaning of the three words was downright chilling (as in, it literally gave me chills)? With a very strong episode like that, I'm afraid my expectations are set too high for the second part.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 02:05:17 PM »

As I expected, this episode did not live up to expectations. I quite liked Missy (i.e. this incarnation of the Master). Having seen enough Classic Doctor Who Master stories, she fits the role exceptionally well. There's really no way she won't be returning next season. The big reveal as to her plan for the Cybermen just didn't work for me.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2014, 12:01:40 PM »

I assumed it was teleportation at first too, which will probably be the explanation when she returns. The Master is a staple of Doctor Who, almost or on the level of the Daleks and the Cybermen.

(Apparently, Michelle Gomez has confirmed that she will return for Series 9. Smiley)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies