Opinion of water (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:03:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Opinion of water (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What is your opinion of water?
Freedom drink

Horrible drink

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 65

Author Topic: Opinion of water  (Read 1677 times)
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« on: August 29, 2014, 08:21:03 PM »

When being contained in a glass bottle -> FD

When being contained in a plastic bottle -> HD

/snob

So Germans use to drink water in glass bottles? I had no idea. Here you only buy in in plastic bottles.

Yeah, seems to be in quite Germanic thing, at least I saw a lot in Oberbayern and iirc it was more or less the same in Austrian Tyrol where I made a few incursion. Dunno whether that's so in Germanic Switzerland.

But then when you pronounce Switzerland in a thread about water, you must quote that wonderfull taste of Nestlé CEO:

There are 2 ways to see water, either you think this is a public good, something that should benefit to anyone without counterpart, we consider this is an extremist option, or you consider this is something that needs private investment.

You'll find the exact sentence in that quite good documentary aired on arte recently (might still be available on their site, if you speak French or German). Nestlé being the 1st embottled water seller in the world.

'Amusing' how in the US they manage to own everybody by making big profits on selling tap water into bottles with 'Poland Springs', the documentary also showed how little cities in the Maine were being totally screwed by the exploitation of this water then sold all over the country.

Not that they are the only ones to do that anyways, Coca, Pepsi, etc, are all enjoying the 'maggic of the bottle'...
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 06:46:14 AM »

Have any of you ever met someone who says they "don't like the taste" of water, so they never drink it alone?

Well, I knew of someone who pretended only drinking Coke, and only Coca Cola, because you know, taste of Pepsi is so different.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies