Would you mind having gay parents?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:07:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Would you mind having gay parents?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Would you mind having gay parents?
Of course!

Probably

No, probably not

No, definitely not

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 29

Author Topic: Would you mind having gay parents?  (Read 2401 times)
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 06, 2005, 03:38:11 PM »

Option 1!
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 03:40:19 PM »

I can't say for absolute certainty, but I'd say probably not, especially if I was taken in at a young age(psychologically speaking, younger children are more adaptable). Of course, I wouldn't be who I am today if I had different parents, so I can't really say what 'I' would be like with different parents.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 03:41:43 PM »

Ignoring the possibility of having other people find it weird, probably not.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 03:42:08 PM »

You mean both of them?
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2005, 03:42:38 PM »

It would probably bother me at first, but I would get over it. 
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2005, 03:43:18 PM »

I'm thinking he means a homosexual couple, and not necessarily your biological parents(though you could be from an artificial insimination and one could be your biological mother). I think he's meaning in the case of adoption.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2005, 03:47:41 PM »

I have to imagine, if I'm honest with myself, that probably if I found out later, say at 15, that daddy was a butt-pirate I'd let it bother me.  I probably shouldn't, but I probably would.

I actually had this conversation, several times in fact, with the two daughters of one of my gay friends.  Let's call him Keith.  Since that's his name.  Long story short.  Keith knew he was gay, or so he tells me, back when he was maybe 18.  Long before he joined the army and longer before he was married.  but of course back in those days, you got married to prove to yourself that you weren't gay.  (Keith is maybe 52ish).  Anyway, Keith married young, at about 20 I think.  And had children young.  Early 20s.  I met Keith when he was 45ish, recently divorced, and with two early-teen daughters.  Actually, the circumstance underwhich we met was that he was hitting on me in a men's room at a Sierra Club outing.  Funny story.  Anyway, I said I wasn't into that.  but we became pretty good friends anyway.  So one day I'm at his house, which he shares with a totally slutty chick who occassionally does some manswapping with Keith, and we're sitting there smoking a joint, and in comes this black woman and two relatively attractive young brown girls.  (keith is white)  Keith introduces me to his former wife and his two daughters.  In spite of myself, I must admit to having been embarassed at the the thought of his ex-wife thinking I was his lover.  I'm an open=minded sort of guy.  why should that sort of thing bother me?  oh, well, anyway, so at some point I get to asking them about their dad and when they found out and all.  The short story is that one was way okay with it.  In fact, she kinda thought it was cool.  The other one clearly was uncomfortable with the whole thing.  I'm not sure there's any point to this story other than apparently some kids do just fine with it while others do not.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2005, 03:50:24 PM »

Um, how did this "gay" friend have children? I guess he could be gay in the opebo way...
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2005, 03:52:57 PM »

Um, how did this "gay" friend have children? I guess he could be gay in the opebo way...

Didn't angus just say the guy had an ex-WIFE? Mebbe you should read a bit more carefully next time. Wink
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2005, 03:53:43 PM »

I would, yes
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2005, 03:54:45 PM »

Opebo is straight.  Keith is gay.  yes, they have both had sex, or so they both say, with people of both sexes, but I am rather convinced of Keith's sexuality.   Assuming opebo is being honest, I am convinced of his as well.  Surely you're not so naive that you don't think that back in the old days gay men weren't under tremendous to just get married to a nice woman and everything would be okay.  Even nowadays that still happens.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2005, 04:04:25 PM »

opebo walks on both sides of the street
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2005, 04:05:09 PM »

If he's being honest, opebo is bisexual.

Didn't angus just say the guy had an ex-WIFE? Mebbe you should read a bit more carefully next time. Wink

If he ed her, how gay could he be?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2005, 04:08:46 PM »

of course not.  what matters more than the sexual orientation of your parents is whether they are loving and nurturing.   
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2005, 04:13:50 PM »

A18,
come now, you're a smart young man.  I'm sure you know that most gay men have a pressure (probably greater than any you and I don't even know) to settle down and get married.  I have several gay men friends, and for the most part, this was their mothers' immediate reaction.  Oh, now, now, you just haven't met the right woman yet.  That sort of thing.  seriously, lots of gay men out there have had heterosex.  My guess is that there is probably a large segment of the straight population that has had homosex.  Opebo once mentioned that there was lots of "buggery" going on in Muslim countries.  I must say that while vacationing in Egypt, I observed that homosexual sex was pretty much the only sex a young man could expect to get for free, at least till he got married.  I'm not into it myself, but then again I live in a country where chicks are free and easy.  Walk a mile in some egyptian bastard's shoes before you judge him queer.  Not sure why an american like opebo feels the need to buy pussy, since there so much free, but that's another issue entirely.  In any case, you can believe me or not, but my friend Keith is both Gay and out and Proud, and a divorcee as well.  I don't think it's that uncommon.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2005, 04:21:21 PM »

That's not my point. I can understand why he married her, but not how he had children. Obviously he had to aroused if he did the deed.

And he didn't just have one child, he had two. Obviously he had to enjoy her to get two.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2005, 04:25:57 PM »

you think he's just going to marry her and then not consummate?  hell, the guy was like 20 when he got married.  I remember being 20.  many you couldn't leave me in a room alone for more than five minutes without me making a big mess all over my hands.  this is what young men do.  they put their peepees in whatever hole they can find.  I was lucky enough to be both prehensile and generally surrounded by attractive women, so my sources of orgasm never included men.  but keith actually preferred men.  but he was also a faithful husband married to a hot horny black chick.  you think she's gonna let him off the hook?  seriously.  no way.  you can't just marry some chick and then go windsock all of the sudden.  you have to put out.  that's the deal.  gay or straight, a marriage obligates you that way.  you're too ing tired?  well, that's just too ing bad.  too gay?  well, that's too bad too.  I'm pretty sure Yolanda wouldn't have let keith go to bed without the high hard one.  I've met her.  Even at 50 she seemed pretty alive to me.  I can imagine what she was like at 20.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2005, 04:30:08 PM »

I don't know, angus. That doesn't sound very gay to me.
Snowe08
Rookie

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2005, 05:48:44 PM »

What a strange question. You get to choose your parents? Nope. Since you don't have a choice in the matter, of what possible relevance is whether or not you "mind"?
Cashcow

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2005, 05:50:01 PM »

Probably. Society hates gays.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2005, 05:52:46 PM »

What a strange question. You get to choose your parents? Nope. Since you don't have a choice in the matter, of what possible relevance is whether or not you "mind"?

It's important when you get into the subject of adoption.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2005, 06:01:17 PM »
« Edited: April 06, 2005, 06:05:32 PM by opebo »

Not sure why an american like opebo feels the need to buy pussy, since there so much free, but that's another issue entirely. 

I should think it was obvious - the quality is much better than what I could get for free at 36, and besides, no matter what you get for 'free' it is infinitely more trouble than paying a prostitute.  Also having enormous variety is great fun - I don't know how you fellows stick with just one (had four today myself).

Also, A18 seems to think I'm 'gay' because I have buggered (and/or been fellated by) a few ladyboys.  Personally I go with the Roman view that you aren't gay if you're the penetrator.  Besides, its just a lark, something different.  Life is boring if you get too bogged down in your rut.

As for Gay Parents, I would much prefer them!  Anything would be better than miserable anhedonic Midwesterners who's 'sexual preference' is to disapprove of it.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2005, 06:04:08 PM »

Personally I go with the Roman view that you aren't gay if you're the penetrator.

If you shove your cock up a guy's ass, you're either gay or bisexual.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2005, 06:05:43 PM »

you mean you didn't choose yours?  you must not be Mormon.

well, neither am I.  anyway, I don't think this is any less relevant than, say, folks who don't live, or pay taxes, in Kansas opining about what Kansas school board says the books should say.  If there were a poll of the least relevant thread, I don't even think this one would be a contender, being that we have "penis size by party" and "who's the most Republican democrat?" to compete with.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2005, 06:05:59 PM »

Personally I go with the Roman view that you aren't gay if you're the penetrator.

If you shove your cock up a guy's ass, you're either gay or bisexual.

Nah, a hole is a hole.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies