The 2-nd Amendment. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:20:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  The 2-nd Amendment. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The 2-nd Amendment.  (Read 842 times)
AggregateDemand
United States

« on: August 23, 2014, 11:02:04 PM »

I want to discuss this topic again. But this time I don`t mean the prohibition of the right to bear arms. No, it is our right, prescribed in the Constitution. We are willing and able to defend ourselves. And that's good. But there is another side to the coin.
I believe that for self-defense at home is enough for me to have a hunting rifle or a simple pistol. I do not need to buy an automatic and a large and strong gun to scare away a thief or show someone that I can protect my home. Yes, it is enough to have simple rifle at home. And that's what I am talking about. Only crazies buying automatic guns and powerful guns on the pretext of self-defense

The 2nd Amendment doesn't say anything about bearing arms for individual self-defense. It says the right to bear arms shall not be infringed because collective security relies upon a well-regulated militia.

We have no more well-regulated militias, and gun-owners rarely give a damn about collective security. The 2nd Amendment is dead. We're just arguing about how it's spirit should be honored.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies