The 2-nd Amendment. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:55:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  The 2-nd Amendment. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The 2-nd Amendment.  (Read 854 times)
Simon Feltser
Rookie
« on: August 23, 2014, 05:40:19 AM »

I want to discuss this topic again. But this time I don`t mean the prohibition of the right to bear arms. No, it is our right, prescribed in the Constitution. We are willing and able to defend ourselves. And that's good. But there is another side to the coin.
I believe that for self-defense at home is enough for me to have a hunting rifle or a simple pistol. I do not need to buy an automatic and a large and strong gun to scare away a thief or show someone that I can protect my home. Yes, it is enough to have simple rifle at home. And that's what I am talking about. Only crazies buying automatic guns and powerful guns on the pretext of self-defense
Simon Feltser
Rookie
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 06:03:05 AM »

I'm pretty sure automatic guns are banned even in the US.
However, machine guns and etc...issued before 1986, may remain in the possession of people and sold privately.
I am referring to the semi-automatic gun and automatic pistols
Simon Feltser
Rookie
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 07:57:10 AM »

Yeah, I don't really think that most petty criminals are going to use expensive semi-automatics for much, especially those discard potential evidence after use (i.e. non-morons) Why waste a huge investment on a one-off rifle?

Gun-control activists would be better off focusing on relatively cheap pistols and handguns, than those largely symbolic guns that inevitably trigger whining from gun enthusiasts.

Well, you`re right. Availability of weapons - is another big problem. The fact is that there is no single interpretation and legislation governing to public access to weapons. Acquiring weapons not require a license or registration in many of states. And there are no restrictions on the purchase of the number of trunks in the 46 states.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies