The 2-nd Amendment. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:47:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  The 2-nd Amendment. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The 2-nd Amendment.  (Read 863 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: August 23, 2014, 06:29:54 AM »

Well, I think you're actually referring to semi-automatic everything.  They do make fully auto pistols, but they fall under the same hard to get umbrella that all fully auto guns do.  As in they are legal, just very very very difficult to get for most people.  Now knowing we are all talking about SEMI-automatic guns (including handguns) lets go back to the OP.

I believe that for self-defense at home is enough for me to have a hunting rifle or a simple pistol.
A rifle kind of sucks for home defense and I'm not sure what you mean by "simple" pistol.  A semi-automatic hand gun and/or a shotgun are the best home defense weapons.  Neither penetrates through walls very well and the one that's hard to aim as extra rounds and the one that's even harder to aim well, but easy to aim "good enough" does the spread thing so it's ok to miss a little.  Revolvers (what I suspect you mean by "simple" pistol) are ok, but nowhere near as good as a modern handgun.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Nobody is buying automatic guns for self defense and "powerful" guns are almost toys or hunting equipment, neither is good for in home self defense.  Also "powerful" guns are almost never used by bad guys, so there is no need to make them illegal.....

....unless of course you're a moron that doesn't really understand gun culture you just want there to be less guns, never mind that the guns you're going after are rarely used in crime.  You're not after a drop in crime or violence, you just want guns to go away.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies