Here's a handy list of what's been crossing the US border from Mexico recently
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:26:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Here's a handy list of what's been crossing the US border from Mexico recently
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Here's a handy list of what's been crossing the US border from Mexico recently  (Read 1575 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 23, 2014, 08:13:09 PM »

... according to the GOP, that is.

• ISIS

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

• Ebola

• Child soldiers trained to bring down our government

retromike22
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 08:45:52 PM »

They forgot gremlins.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 09:41:29 PM »

Ebola isn't an impossibility if it were to spread to Mexico.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 09:42:59 PM »

Border arrests are down 75% since 2000. So, unless the border patrol suddenly had less resources after 9/11 (yeah right!), illegal crossings are massively down.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/ali-meyer/arrests-illegals-crossing-us-mexico-border-down-75-2000
OAM

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 09:44:09 PM »

Wouldn't some of them be happy about the last one? Wink [/troll]
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 09:53:34 PM »

Border arrests are down 75% since 2000. So, unless the border patrol suddenly had less resources after 9/11 (yeah right!), illegal crossings are massively down.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/ali-meyer/arrests-illegals-crossing-us-mexico-border-down-75-2000
That doesn't really prove anything. I'm not a border control freak but that could just as easily be evidence that more people were getting through without being caught.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 10:18:30 PM »

That doesn't really prove anything. I'm not a border control freak but that could just as easily be evidence that more people were getting through without being caught.

But brown Ebola infested revolutionary child soldiers working for ISIS get a free pass in your warped version of logical consistency
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2014, 10:26:45 PM »

But brown Ebola infested revolutionary child soldiers working for ISIS get a free pass in your warped version of logical consistency
Um, what? First of all, as I implied in the post you quoted, I don't really care if people are coming illegally. I'm just pointing out that Jfern's statistic isn't necessarily evidence that fewer illegal crossings are occurring. Even if I did believe that a bunch ebola-infested terrorists were coming over (which I don't and never said and I'm guessing you just assumed out of nowhere to pretend to be offended) how would that be logically inconsistent with suggesting that Jfern's statistic isn't really proof of fewer illegal crossings.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 11:09:16 PM »

Um, what? First of all, as I implied in the post you quoted, I don't really care if people are coming illegally. I'm just pointing out that Jfern's statistic isn't necessarily evidence that fewer illegal crossings are occurring. Even if I did believe that a bunch ebola-infested terrorists were coming over (which I don't and never said and I'm guessing you just assumed out of nowhere to pretend to be offended) how would that be logically inconsistent with suggesting that Jfern's statistic isn't really proof of fewer illegal crossings.
You felt it necessary to put,down legit stats over putting down the crazy paranoid scare stories of people with real power. That's probably why no one takes you seriously
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 11:16:43 PM »

You felt it necessary to put,down legit stats over putting down the crazy paranoid scare stories of people with real power. That's probably why no one takes you seriously
I'm not questioning the statistic. I'm saying that it doesn't necessarily imply the conclusion that Jfern is making from it. I'm not agreeing with the statements in the OP and I don't know where you're getting the idea that I do.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2014, 04:17:25 AM »

I wonder what these Texans think of illegal American immigrants to Mexico.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_of_April_6,_1830
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2014, 04:39:56 AM »

So your argument are; that because Americans illegal immigrated into Mexico, took over a border territory, started a civil war and seceded, Mexicans should be allowed to illegal immigrate into USA...

I'm sorry that's a incredible bad argument, which will not convince anybody, and I mean anybody, in fact it may even make people support large scale deportation of illegal aliens, it's so bad.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2014, 04:49:38 AM »

So your argument are; that because Americans illegal immigrated into Mexico, took over a border territory, started a civil war and seceded, Mexicans should be allowed to illegal immigrate into USA...

I'm sorry that's a incredible bad argument, which will not convince anybody, and I mean anybody, in fact it may even make people support large scale deportation of illegal aliens, it's so bad.

I was't really making an argument, was just pointing out that a lot of Texans were illegal immigrants to Mexico, the irony.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2014, 05:49:08 AM »

I was't really making an argument, was just pointing out that a lot of Texans were illegal immigrants to Mexico, the irony.

Yes and the Spanish speaking Mexicans conquered it from the natives, who conquered it from other groups of natives, who conquered it fr....

That's how most of the world works.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2014, 05:56:48 AM »

• ISIS

It's what we call an asspull then...
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2014, 08:18:58 AM »

It's far more likely to spread to Europe and come here by an illegal Irish or Greek immigrant flying over here on a tourist visa but planning to stay and work.  Even before the current outbreak travel between Mexico and West Africa was practically nil. There aren't even any direct flights between them as far as I know.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2014, 07:05:08 PM »

It's far more likely to spread to Europe and come here by an illegal Irish or Greek immigrant flying over here on a tourist visa but planning to stay and work.  Even before the current outbreak travel between Mexico and West Africa was practically nil. There aren't even any direct flights between them as far as I know.
Of course I know that if a businessman from Mexico City needed to travel to Freetown, than he'd have to get there via London or the United States. And Ebola entering the United States through Europe is ten times as more likely than the southern border. But I'd imagine that if Ebola were to hit Mexico first (through a tourist from Europe who was previously in Africa perhaps?), and rapidly spread-though I assume Mexico's healthcare system can handle it-than the idea of it entering through the southern border isn't impossible.

My point is that we shouldn't mock the idea of Ebola spreading to the United States through any quarter, be it LaGuardia or Laredo.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2014, 07:09:04 PM »

Ebola the size of cantaloupes!
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2014, 07:15:11 PM »

Of course I know that if a businessman from Mexico City needed to travel to Freetown, than he'd have to get there via London or the United States. And Ebola entering the United States through Europe is ten times as more likely than the southern border. But I'd imagine that if Ebola were to hit Mexico first (through a tourist from Europe who was previously in Africa perhaps?), and rapidly spread-though I assume Mexico's healthcare system can handle it-than the idea of it entering through the southern border isn't impossible.

My point is that we shouldn't mock the idea of Ebola spreading to the United States through any quarter, be it LaGuardia or Laredo.

Oh yes I think it should be mocked, mwahahahahahahahaha!
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2014, 08:31:31 AM »

Wouldn't some of them be happy about the last one? Wink [/troll]

That's what I thought. Isn't that why Americans need to be armed to the teeth?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies