Who would you rather be President?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:31:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Who would you rather be President?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Who would you prefer to see inaugurated as President on January 20, 2017?
Chris Christie

Rand Paul

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 130

Author Topic: Who would you rather be President?  (Read 4628 times)
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2014, 06:38:18 PM »

Christie, for a chance at immigration reform.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2014, 07:31:41 PM »

Chris Christie.  He is probably who I will be supporting in the primaries if he's still in it by then/no one else steals my support away.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2014, 02:18:22 PM »
« Edited: September 04, 2014, 02:23:24 PM by Deadly Poisonous Zanzibar Hamster »

A corrupt liberal and nearly Obama clone pretending to be a moderate vs. a unashamed conservative with principles, albeit somewhat skewed?

Rand. If you asked me before Bridgeghazi I might have said Christie.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2014, 03:47:18 PM »

A corrupt liberal and nearly Obama clone pretending to be a moderate vs. a unashamed conservative with principles, albeit somewhat skewed?

Calling Christie a liberal or an Obama clone is, at best, politically ignorant.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2014, 03:39:27 PM »

Chrisi Christie is exactly like Obama on some issues. Most notably, national defense, NSA, Civil Liberties, etc.
GOON
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 7.17

« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2014, 01:14:12 AM »

Chrisi Christie is exactly like Obama on some issues. Most notably, national defense, NSA, Civil Liberties, etc.

I'd say Christie is worse than Obama on foreign policy, as well.  At least Obama withdrew his plans for invading Syria because it wasn't politically beneficial, despite all signs pointing towards him wanting to overthrow Assad.  Christie would probably have invaded whether or not the electorate agreed with it.  He'd probably be a lot more hawkish on Iran, too.
New_Conservative
United States

« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2014, 09:52:14 PM »

Rand I think would be a more trustworthy, more principled and less corrupt president. So Rand.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2014, 11:36:07 PM »

Rand the plagiariser? Rand who made up his own credentials as a doctor....more principled? Gimme a break!

First and foremost,the less Reaganomics and more Keynesian/New Deal the economic preferences the better. Both suck,but Paul takes on nearly the same selfish Ayn Rand economics...+1 Christie

Then there's the social issues, this is a near toss-up. Paul has the correct ideas with drugs,crime, and NSA stuff. Christie on the other hand seems more down to earth, bipartisan, would probably do more for education.....so.....wait did Paul oppose the Civil Rights Act of 1964? Okay that's an insta-loss +10 Christie

On foreign policy, Paul has the edge since he seems to be neutral-isolationist- NOT USING GUNBOAT DIPLOMACY AT EVERY DAMN CORNER when it comes to foreign policy. Christie is your average post-Jimmy Carter hawk. Unfortunately with so much involvement the country has and EVERY country getting on our case for doing nothing, a little hawkishness is necessary,...however only at 2008 Obama levels at the most.... +1 Paul

And when it comes to how they carry themselves,...Christie seems less android like, relaxed,and humorous. Honesty and principles seem to be out the window here regrettably. +1 Christie

+12 for Christie

Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2014, 08:55:19 PM »

Rand Paul. As if it's even a competition.
GOON
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2014, 11:21:59 AM »

so.....wait did Paul oppose the Civil Rights Act of 1964? Okay that's an insta-loss +10 Christie

Did you even bother to read up his stance on this, or did you just take Rachel Maddow's word and run with it?  He has said countless times that it was one portion of the act he disagreed with (private property), and would have voted for it regardless had he been in the Senate in 1964, despite his one disagreement.  Not every political issue is black-and-white.
dmmidmi
dmwestmi
United States

« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2014, 01:01:10 PM »

so.....wait did Paul oppose the Civil Rights Act of 1964? Okay that's an insta-loss +10 Christie

Did you even bother to read up his stance on this, or did you just take Rachel Maddow's word and run with it?  He has said countless times that it was one portion of the act he disagreed with (private property), and would have voted for it regardless had he been in the Senate in 1964, despite his one disagreement.  Not every political issue is black-and-white.

Sure. But debating certain parts of the CRA is the type of debate people have when they're in college, not when they're running for a US Senate seat. At the time, he very clearly didn't recognize the difference between being a politician and a legislator.
GOON
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2014, 02:00:44 PM »

Sure. But debating certain parts of the CRA is the type of debate people have when they're in college, not when they're running for a US Senate seat. At the time, he very clearly didn't recognize the difference between being a politician and a legislator.

You're correct, and it's something that I'm sure Rand learned from.  Plus, I believe he said the comments months before he even won his Senate seat, so he's much more refined now in how he talks to the press (outside of his drone comment a year ago, but that was more of a case of using a bad example that he probably made up on the fly).

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2014, 02:39:06 PM »

Christie seems to be a Northeastern version of W. Maybe even a little bit more competent. The ethics level seems to be similar. I expect a Christie Administration to actually be a lot like the HW administration for I think he will follow Boehner and McConnell on things like neoconservatism, personhood and other religious laws but not lead like W did.

Paul seems to be a wild card. He seems to be a far-right wine in a "libertarian" bottle.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2014, 11:48:54 PM »

Most dangerous combination in this country.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2014, 03:40:30 AM »

I like Christie's personality more, however I think Rand is socially (much) more moderate. On the other hand I have the clear feeling that Christie is much more moderate on economic policy, though I might be wrong. Politically I feel somewhat closer to Rand, but boy what a boring president he would be. You can say many things about Christie, but boring he has never been. I'd much rather have a beer with Christie (because he has a fun and outgoing nature; Rand on the other hand is a policy wonk and wants to appear somewhat intellectual). For the healing of the USA, Rand might be the better choice though. Perhaps.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies