Who will win in Rhode Island's Democratic primary?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:37:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who will win in Rhode Island's Democratic primary?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who will win the Democratic nomination for Governor of Rhode Island?
Angel Taveras

Gina Raimondo

Clay Pell

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 45

Author Topic: Who will win in Rhode Island's Democratic primary?  (Read 2662 times)
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2014, 11:04:20 PM »

Anyone who thinks RI is a liberal state should remember that we just voted for a Mitt Romney Clone for governor and anti-public education advocate for lt. governor.

Probably because of all those awful Italian- and Irish-Americans Progressives KCDem loves to demonize so much Wink

Realistically, is there any hope of Fung winning this race? Is it notable that Raimondo's win was pretty decisive?
njwes
United States

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2014, 11:22:51 PM »

Anyone who thinks RI is a liberal state should remember that we just voted for a Mitt Romney Clone for governor and anti-public education advocate for lt. governor.

Probably because of all those awful Italian- and Irish-Americans Progressives KCDem loves to demonize so much Wink

Realistically, is there any hope of Fung winning this race? Is it notable that Raimondo's win was pretty decisive?

I find KCDem as vile as anyone but I was actually thinking of Progressive commentary along these lines: http://www.salon.com/2014/03/15/how_did_irish_americans_get_so_disgusting/

Anyway, I was being (partially) tongue in cheek Tongue
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2014, 11:25:17 PM »

I'm a little surprised Raimondo won by such a big margin, but it's better this way.

I wonder who the unions will support now, if anyone.

Anyways, I would have at least considered Block, but as things are I won't consider Fung (after his campaign and reading his policy proposals).
njwes
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2014, 11:31:23 PM »

Certainly not Fung, maybe some Indy candidate? Are any of them prominent enough?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2014, 11:48:05 PM »

Certainly not Fung, maybe some Indy candidate? Are any of them prominent enough?

Eh, unions will follow behind Raimondo.
NerdyBohemian
United States

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2014, 10:54:45 AM »

Probably because of all those awful Italian- and Irish-Americans Progressives love to demonize so much Wink

I'm an aberration since I'm a progressive of both Italian and Irish heritage. Tongue

The RI midterm electorate is very elastic when it comes to gubernatorial elections. Fung could win, especially if he immediately cuts a deal with the public-sector unions.
nolesfan2011
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.68, S: -7.48

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2014, 06:41:55 PM »

Probably because of all those awful Italian- and Irish-Americans Progressives love to demonize so much Wink

I'm an aberration since I'm a progressive of both Italian and Irish heritage. Tongue

The RI midterm electorate is very elastic when it comes to gubernatorial elections. Fung could win, especially if he immediately cuts a deal with the public-sector unions.

Anyone but Raimondo, seriously, she's absolutely awful, I hope Fung wins
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2014, 07:23:44 PM »

What exactly is the low-down on Fung? Is he on the Liberal side?
New_Conservative
United States

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2014, 09:43:38 PM »

Not really, he is leaning towards the right for New England standards, further right than Charlie Baker (MA GOP nominee).
NHLiberal

« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2014, 09:55:54 PM »

Anyone but Raimondo, seriously, she's absolutely awful, I hope Fung wins

Cutting off the nose to spite the face?

I think Raimondo is pretty bad too but clearly is superior to Fung.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2014, 01:41:02 AM »
« Edited: September 11, 2014, 01:43:52 AM by Starwatcher »

Fung asked Mitt Romney to campaign for him for this primary.

Fung wants to essentially privatize our only public university, cutting off state aid and forcing it to raise tuition.

On the other hand, Raimondo wants a student loan forgiveness program for students who attended CCRI/RIC/URI and choose to stay in RI for residence and work.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2014, 11:55:45 AM »

Disappointing RI democrats
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies