Office of Former Senator Maxwell (F it, announcing early)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:56:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Former Senator Maxwell (F it, announcing early)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Office of Former Senator Maxwell (F it, announcing early)  (Read 5964 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2014, 09:59:08 PM »

Too often, the poorest among us aren't given a chance at success, partially because of a welfare system that is bungled in bureaucracy and inefficiency. I have embraced the most effective delivery system and decided that we need to create a fight on the war on poverty in the image of the federal system, but decidedly different. We decided to scrap the entire welfare system and go with a negative income tax. I am confident that this will be the way forward for regional change, and I sign this bill wholeheartedly.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

x Maxwell
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2014, 10:10:58 PM »

Congratulations on the last two bills!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2014, 10:14:23 PM »

Emperor Maxwell addresses the people of the IDS

I have signed two bold pieces of economic reform that will create jobs and fight poverty. Our work here, however, is not done. We must go beyond that and make our region a more active place. I am please to announce we have done serious work on that goal as well - 3 seats have four candidates running, something we haven't had in a long while. Competitive races in our region are key to keeping our region strong. I will only continue that fight for our region.

My next goal is wiki upkeep, a very important issue of mine. Over the next few days, I will fix the rampant neglect of our wiki page and update as needed the gaping holes that are there. From that point on I will make sure that the page doesn't go down to such levels again, but making sure we have accountability. I will go through the constitution, and if the goals aren't clear, I will make them clear.

I see growing discontent in other regions, but I will not address those problems. As your Emperor, I will only fight for you. Whatever is going on with Lebron FitzGerald is not my problem. We have to address our problems, like the rights of individuals, infrastructure, and jobs. Let's get to work!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2014, 05:22:48 PM »

I think I've hit a point where my interest level in the game has hit an all time low. I'm afraid to do it to my region, but I can't possibly go on in this fashion. Therefore, I will not be running for re-election. I will not resign mid-term though, so as to make sure there is a smooth transition.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2014, 05:26:40 PM »

x Maxwell
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2014, 10:06:58 PM »

Good news!

I think I've hit a point where my interest level in the game has hit an all time low. I'm afraid to do it to my region, but I can't possibly go on in this fashion. Therefore, I will not be running for re-election. I will not resign mid-term though, so as to make sure there is a smooth transition.

You've done a wonderful job as Governor and I wish you the best in your retirement.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2014, 03:32:14 PM »

IDS-ers,

We have an election next week. Dereich has announced his candidacy for re-election, we still need Duke to announce for re-election (should he wish to do so), and a candidate for Emperor. I will not stand as a candidate for re-election.

Sincerely,
Emperor Maxwell
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2014, 08:18:22 AM »

Atlasians -

As a last hurrah in this game of sorts, I am mounting a write-in campaign for Senate. You know me by now - a pragmatic consensus maker who will stand for common sense fiscal policy and will stand against ridiculous policy that comes out of Nyman. I authored key pieces of legislation as Senator - and if elected, I plan to do so again.

You may ask me anything while this short, rusty trailer rides me to nowhere.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2014, 01:30:31 PM »

I enthusiastically endorse your bid for Senate! Good luck!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2014, 01:36:21 PM »

I enthusiastically endorse your bid for Senate! Good luck!

I appreciate it old friend.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2014, 01:37:37 PM »

Endorsed.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2014, 03:10:00 PM »

x Maxwell
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2014, 02:47:10 AM »

CONCESSION SPEECH

I am saddened to deliver the news that we did not win tonight. However, I did accomplish one thing that is necessary for the game - we shook things up! What was looking like a dull Senate election turned into an exciting count where one or two incumbents could go down. I thank all of my voters who gave me a chance, and an apology to those who wished to vote for me but didn't hear me early enough or didn't even know I was running. This rusty trailer ends here.

I will be taking on a role as Vice Chairman of the Democratic Republicans, but beyond that, consider this my sabbatical from elected office for a while.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2014, 03:14:33 AM »

I'm disappointed that you couldn't win, although I wasn't able to vote for you (you did announce after I cast my ballot Tongue), you have been a fighter for our region and the country as a whole, and I hope you'll have a short retirement Wink.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2014, 04:42:52 AM »

For some reason that image of Bush when being asked about 2006 and he says, "Its hard to win a write-in campaign".

You have a declared a few days ago. Wink You probably would have won or at lease come close.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2014, 05:12:18 PM »

Due to an empty spot in the election, I am announcing I will be a write-in candidate for IDS District 2. After January, the districts system will be dissolved, so likely I will only be serving a month, but nevertheless we need to fill spots, so I'll take the initiative.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2014, 01:43:49 PM »

Oh, and the voting booth will open tonight!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2014, 05:00:16 PM »

IDS Legislator-elect and Former Emperor Maxwell speaks to excited crowd

Well, ladies and gents, we're back to square one. Luckily, 2015 is coming around, and it's time for some new ideas for the region I love dearly so. My first bill since becoming legislator is the drug legalization bill, legalizing everything that isn't already legalized under federal legislation, because of my sincere belief that awareness rather than prison is the best solution to drug addiction.

I will be proposing more in that way as things go on. For example, I am of the belief that polygamy, should all adults be consenting, is of no problem to me. In the coming days, I will post such legislation and argue with all of my heart that very point. Love is love, no matter how weird or how many people are in it, it deserves to be allowed in our society. No one who is of the ability to consent should have to struggle through the law in order to reach that love.

Next, I will fight for good economic policy. We should be lowering our governments burdens on our citizens, which is why I will work lower the scope of the IDS Regulatory process and make sure that businesses have more free reign. With Flo as Emperor, I will also make sure that we find a nice compromise on some of our economic ideas, since I know he is of far different mind than I. 

I believe we will be better than ever in the coming days, and I hope more of you join us in that journey!

Decided to go with a left-libertarian politico instead of a right-libertarian politico this time.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2015, 06:52:52 PM »

As IDS Legislator, now Speaker, I've not given up on my responsibilities. On social issues I've roundly failed, which is why I am taking a different route.

First, I'm promoting surveillance of the police. For too long, we have seen police violence toward our African American community, and I will no longer tolerate it in the IDS. I am introducing reforms so that the police are properly investigated so that they aren't going beyond their legal range and abusing their position. It's time for a change and it's been a change long overdue.

What else is long overdue is for members of our Government, especially those in higher roles like Legislator and Emperor, to play by the same rules that we do. That's why, as your legislator, I have legislation on the floor to make sure pensions for our Government leaders don't spiral out of countrol. I encourage legislators to work with me on this to make sure we have a more honest system while cutting our Government's spending. It will make things that much better.

I will be taking questions here on IDS business.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2015, 02:08:22 AM »

My fellow citizens,

Our wiki has been direly behind in terms of content. The last bill updated, before I got there, was in August of last year. I have helped push that more toward the present today, and while we are still far away, I know that the IDS can finally get it's stuff together in terms of having an accurate, on point wiki.

And while we're on the subject, I have seen our unemployment continue to be unacceptably high. I have pushed for proposals that have created jobs in the legislature, and I will continue to do so, but I think it's not enough to just sit on my high horse and shout commands from the law books. In recent days I have gone out, skyping with foreign companies, and meeting with dissatisfied executives in Atlasia, and giving the pitch the IDS is the best place in Atlasia to do business.

If taxes are too high in your region, if inconsistent leadership is a problem, come on down to the IDS, where we have made sure our economic climate is one that breeds competition rather than strangles innovation, where we don't go out of our way to waste taxpayer money, and where we give people the opportunity to succeed. It's time more leaders took this sort of approach to their job.

- Signing off,
Speaker Maxwell
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2015, 08:20:35 AM »

My fellow citizens,

I forgot to sleep last night, and while going through the night watching Twin Peaks, I have updated the IDS wiki so that EVERY LAW is on the books. You heard me right. Every single law is now on the books. Now - I haven't put up bills that are withdrawn or bills that failed, I think that maybe a bit too in-depth, but if so requested, I will try to weed through and find those bills and add them.

Currently we are debating the Duke-Glory Days Act and the Pesticide Act of 2015. The Duke-Glory Days Act is a bill that changes the name of the "IDS" to the "South" as well as adjusting the names of other things that have been, for a couple of years, with the "IDS" theme. I support this bill because I think making our region more normal will make it more acceptable for some users to want to enter the region. However, I will fight for two things on the bill - keeping the legislator name (some difference from other regions is fine, and I prefer legislator to representative anyway) and staying away from any terms with a deeply racial past like "plantation".

As for the Pesticide Act, That is a bill produced by our Governor limiting pesticides. This bill actually included all of the pesticides we've regulated as a country, so doing my homework, none of these pesticides were banned after 2004 - the day when American was ruthlessly abandoned and turned into the paradise known today as Atlasia. We are working on updating that list and making it known to farms what pesticides are safe for usage. While I don't want to limit our farmers potentially, I do want to make sure food is safe to eat, and this is the way to do it.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask,

Your Speaker,
Maxwell
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2015, 08:31:22 AM »

yes, i have no life, and neither do you. yay.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2015, 05:50:51 PM »
« Edited: February 24, 2015, 05:58:34 PM by Speaker of the South Maxwell »

This is once again my office, fellow citizens of the South, and I come with unfortunate news.

A terrorist group, who I will purposely fail to mention in this speech but I will reveal to relevant sources, is threatening my life. Despite their charges, I won't change course, I will continue to serve in full capacity as IDS Speaker and be a leader on that front. I am deeply disturbed by attempted attacks on Senator Windjammer, an honorable public servant, and this continual escalating of attacks leads me to think we need to react and make sure that no one else is harmed by these terrorists.

UPDATE: It was the same group that threatened TNF, so I guess the name got leaked anyway.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2015, 06:04:27 PM »

Our country weeps today for those lost in Topeka today. The threat of terror in our country must be combated, as  it legitmately threatening those within our borders. But we should not act before all information on these attackers are known. I encourage the Secretary of Internal Affairs to keep up with this, and I have applauded the efforts of Emperor Flo, and only ask that we continue this even further.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2015, 02:52:14 PM »
« Edited: February 28, 2015, 02:54:34 PM by Speaker of the South Maxwell »

IDS Speaker Maxwell on his Party Change

In the end I did not join the Senate race, mostly because I want to remain stable in the IDS for a while, but the announcement of my party change still stands. Right now the right holds two seats in the Senate, and very few seats across the nation. This is deeply concerning to me, because I remeber a time when the right coppled together a majority (or least even to Labor) in the Senate, holding 5 seats. The game is more vitrolic when there is less oppoisition on the issues and more issues with personalities, and thus, I wanted to rejoin my old party, strengthen it, and make sure there is a real fight for leadership and policy.

For a while I thought my days in this game are numbered, but I believe I must put that to bed to fight for the real changes we need to make. Hopefully we can fight our way back to a real party.

And whoever the Federalist nominee is in our At-Large Senate battle (I assume JCL at this point) will have my backing in the general election. I am willing to put whatever qualms or issues with other members I have behind me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies