Office of Former Senator Maxwell (F it, announcing early)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:29:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Former Senator Maxwell (F it, announcing early)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Office of Former Senator Maxwell (F it, announcing early)  (Read 5956 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 24, 2014, 10:08:30 PM »
« edited: March 30, 2015, 12:31:25 PM by Maxwell »

IDS Legislator Maxwell for IDS Emperor!

Recently appointed IDS Legislator announcing his candidacy

New Orleans, Lousiana - The IDS has faced some tough times, but with no fault of our fallen Emperor. Scott has been an able-bodied leader for a long time, and I respect his tenure. A former Governor, Senator, and Legislator myself, I have experience in all these fields and will be able to help in the IDS. I've experienced a region in ruin, and under my leadership, the Midwest became one of the more active regions, and I think I can bring that level of good government leadership to action.

What a good leader requires is someone who is willing to be talkative. Talkative to new users, talkative about policy, and talkative about the region. I will keep taxes and expenditures low, so that more businesses come down to the South to do business. I will, however, be willing to compromise and work together with fellow legislators to create a better region. Tomorrow, I will put together some ideas of what I wish to do with the region under new leadership. I hope you join in me in this wonderful adventure.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 10:54:47 PM »

Endorsed.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 11:46:05 PM »

Endorsed.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 12:02:11 AM »

Grin Grin
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 12:05:42 AM »

Endorsed. You'll do great things for the IDS!
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 02:51:31 AM »

Endorsed.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 11:50:20 AM »

Endorsed, of course.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2014, 07:25:44 AM »

Congratulations, Emperor Maxwell!
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2014, 07:46:52 AM »

Congratulations!
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2014, 08:39:42 AM »

Congratulations! It will be great working with you in the legislature!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2014, 08:40:20 AM »

An announcement is coming later today over who is taking my spot and legislative stuffs. Thanks.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2014, 09:42:32 AM »

Congratulations!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2014, 01:43:57 PM »

A Victory in the IDS

I'd like to thank everyone who once again put their trust in me to be a leader for the region. It's truly an honor to represent all of you fine people

However, fine people can only do so much against a changing tide. The IDS is in trouble, with unemployment numbers high, activity levels low, and morale even lower, we face a crisis coming. Luckily, the person you elected is a long time Atlasia problem solver. I will introduce bold solutions to problems big and small, and work together with ideological opposites to make the IDS fun again. I've already talked to my opponent Flo, and he and I will be allies in this new mission of bringing forward positive change in the region.

My ideas include expanding research for the mentally disabled. As you recall, I already tried something of the sort earlier, but due to real life constraints, it got shot down and so did my ambitions for the project. However, with new energy, I will make changes to it and bring it forward again with the hopes of a more inclusive discussion.

Along with that, I will make sure the IDS Government doesn't get too involved in the lives of others. I want to move forward in the realm of privatization, to include stuff like sports arenas to make sure that the private sector is as open and free as possible. I will also push a jobs measure, so that we have more employment in the IDS. I want to make this region as competitive and as market friendly as I can, to make sure we get the best in our nation.

For the IDS to work again, we have to bring forward faces new and old. I have talked with Former President Duke, who, under some odd circusmstance, was appointed but never really took a seat on the legislature due to a mix-up. My first act as Emperor will be to appoint Duke to the empty seat I left behind, and to take control of the electoral process and get it again organized.

The IDS shall come alive again! With your help, we can do it!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2014, 01:48:54 PM »

Executive Order #1

I hereby appoint Duke to the Legislature.

x Maxwell

And we have two recent vacancies as far as I've been informed, so a special election will occur as soon as I get the information, whether or not the constitution allows me to do something or not.

P.S. I'm kind of going through a hectic school schedule and what not, so I'll be in and out with my proposals. But I am committed and excited to be in a leadership role once again.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2014, 05:41:17 PM »

Who is all even in the Legislature right now? Tongue
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2014, 05:42:35 PM »

Congratulations, Maxwell!
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2014, 05:49:18 PM »
« Edited: August 28, 2014, 06:50:42 PM by SJoyce of Harrenhal »

Myself, Duke, Dereich, and I think Oak Hills and DeadPrez Flo, apparently.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2014, 06:02:07 PM »

Class A:
Sjoyce
Duke
Oak Hills

Class B:
Flo
Dereich

It does get pretty confusing.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2014, 09:47:43 AM »

Dereich explained it all too me earlier on, his list is correct.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2014, 09:58:07 PM »

IDS Judiciary Position Open

Due to a falling off the records, we have to sadly announce that John Dibble will no longer be our IDS Overlord in the Judiciary. He has been in the region for a long time, spreading joy to our citizens, and his leaving after his long standing is sad but understandable. It's hard to stay on top for so long.

I have a couple names in mind, but I wish to open up the process a bit for a couple of days, so if you want to join the IDS Judiciary, please PM me with some qualifications and why you think you would be fit for the job, and I will look you over.

This brings me to my next qualm: We do not have so many people for the many roles we must fill. My goal is to reduce the number of offices to make things more effective. One thing my predecessor put into place that I disagree with is the role of Attorney General. I agreed with the semi-permanent role that was put into place before. Therefore, I am introducing an amendment to repeal the Southeastern Attorney General Amendment. I hope I can get broad support in that effort, and if not, so be it.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2014, 07:30:54 PM »

When I said I was looking for possible people to fill the role of IDS Magistrate, I knew who I had, but really only had one person in mind. He's perhaps the person who so much represents the IDS, and it's traditions and its ways of life, a leader in party politics and for so long a great leader of the region. I have no doubts you know who it is, so let's cut the bull.

I hereby nominate PiT for IDS Magistrate

x Maxwell
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2014, 08:37:50 PM »

Thank you, Mr. Emperor. It is my pleasure to accept the nomination.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2014, 09:40:00 PM »
« Edited: September 14, 2014, 09:51:05 PM by IDS Emperor Maxwell »

The Federal Government shall not bully our region. The IDS is proud, independent, and strong. We will not let the Federal Government destroy the energy industry in this country. With this bill, I think the IDS gets a chance to fight back against over a federal government running roughshod. It's time other regions took a bold stand against it too. While the chances of energy nationalisation have desentegrated to 0, I plan to fight back if the stench ever arrives again, thus, my signature.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

x Maxwell

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2014, 07:49:47 PM »

Imperial Statement - 9/7/2014

Today, a bill lays on my desk that makes me question whether or not I wish to sign it. The Fine Act, which increases the use of fines and does so in a way that punishes those who are of higher wealth equally to those of lower wealth, has a clause that I still am concerned about. It gives fines to those who commit felonies in addition to prison sentences. Speaker Dereich has said there is a study of which he has looked at that it lowers recidivism rates. If true, I will go along and sign the legislation. If he can not find it, or if I find more studies in contradiction, I will veto the bill, and hope the legislature goes through with other parts of the bill instead.

As for today, I have proposed some constitutional reforms that allow me, as Governor, to offer redrafts of legislation, and to propose a nominee to the IDS Magistrate and have that nomination approved by the legislature, not the voter. I think these are common sense reforms to our constitution, and I hope they steadily pass the legislature, and then pass the test of the people.

That is all for my imperial statement.

I will now be taking questions from the press and those here.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2014, 06:58:55 PM »

Your Imperial Highness,

What is your time frame for legislation allowing competition to AHNC in the exchange created for the IDS as part of the Healthcare bill we passed back in June? The regions were tasked were deciding whether or not to allow a competitive market and to define what that competition looks like, within the requirements set by Federal law.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies