Women in Combat (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:05:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Women in Combat (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you support allowing women in combat positions in the military?
Yes (D)

Yes (R)

Yes (I/O)

No (D)

No (R)

No (I/O)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 72

Author Topic: Women in Combat  (Read 3786 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: August 26, 2014, 06:27:48 AM »

95% of the time it's fine, an improvement even in the top special forces echelon (imagine how much easier it would to be all sneaky if you were a lady instead of a dude), I think that the "we don't want womens in the fox hole with us" is overblown and women already are in some combat positions.

...but physical and mental standards shouldn't be lowered to make it happen.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 08:42:13 AM »

Out of curiosity, are the standards currently the same in the US military?  Do they have different physical requirements for men and women?

When I joined (Dec94) to get in there were no physical requirements for any of the branches except, oddly, the Air Force which required everybody to lift some sorta low amount (say, 35lbs...I don't really remember).  You had to pass a "limber" test in MEPS (military in processing), but that wasn't that big of a deal.  During basic there were different requirements for men and women to graduate.  I don't remember the details, but say a male had to do the mile in 9min, women got 10:30...if males had to do 3 pullups, women only had to do 1...60 pushups in 2 min for men, 40 for women...that kind of thing.  If memory serves, Marines recently upped their requirements for women to match the men, but then most women failed.

The vast majority of people in the military don't do "combat".
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 08:56:17 AM »

95% of the time it's fine, an improvement even in the top special forces echelon (imagine how much easier it would to be all sneaky if you were a lady instead of a dude), I think that the "we don't want womens in the fox hole with us" is overblown and women already are in some combat positions.

Though I would think it would be more of a physical issue. There's more overlap than you think in terms of whose dark, obedient and though enough for the job.
I have no clue what you're trying to say here, especially the "dark" part.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Agreed.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 01:46:36 AM »

Three women pass Marine Corps endurance test, paving way for possible first female graduates of infantry school
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Good luck ladies, that was the "easy" part.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies