BIOPOLITICS with FOUCAULF - Future Plans
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:56:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  BIOPOLITICS with FOUCAULF - Future Plans
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: BIOPOLITICS with FOUCAULF - Future Plans  (Read 4609 times)
Foucaulf
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 26, 2014, 04:34:44 PM »
« edited: February 23, 2015, 08:31:22 PM by Foucaulf »

Citizens, Atlasians,

Our nation, ravaged by another polarizing election, cannot help but declare: the more things change, the more they stay the same. Our democracy is perverse, a breeding ground for populists and extremists of all kinds. The lowliest anarchist is given time to rant on destroying the state; those entrenched in Atlasia's political elite fool us with empty words.

It has not always been this way, yet for so long it has! Atlasia is locked in a conflict between the rich and the poor, the rural and the urban, inanity against insanity: a conflict over nothing of substance. Never in our founders' dreams could they have imagined this. Never could they have imagined the incompetence, if not the malicious intent, of this current administration and its puppeteers in the Senate.

[...]

At the heart of our troubles is the Labour Party, swept into power by a rash electorate. Since then the party has coddled the hand that feeds them, serving not the interests of our nation but of "the workers'". Its members have disrespected the checks and balances of our nation, exercising gross abuses of power. Atlasians cry out for change from this madness, but here is the irony: our constitution cannot allow to sweep out of power the people who intend to take it apart. What will the remaining two months, if not more, of the Labour cabal impose on us?

And who is there to oppose them? A "Federalist" opposition, whose legislators will gladly sign on to Labour populism if it will get them reelected - even after years of Senate membership? A "People's Party" consisting of the oldest of the old hats in Atlasian politics? A ragtag group of liberals, anarchists and communists with no plan in sight, never mind an agenda once in power?

Atlasians, no matter the past, and no matter the future, the decision is now. Our elected leaders, who have surrendered our nation's interests, deserve reckoning. But the democratic system bends too easily against their force. We need a decisive solution: suspend democracy, allowing military intervention to restore joy and order to this land's people.

[...]

I will passionately defend this plan, because to wait is to accept our nation's destruction. Let us suspend politics, suspend division and unite for the good of our nation. Let us defend our national values from those that wish to destroy them. Against Labour, against madness; for order, for Atlasia.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 04:53:43 PM »

I'm telling my driver to save this station on the car radio.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 04:56:26 PM »

Bout time we had a Talk Radio station in Atlasia.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 05:21:32 PM »

And exactly how is this military takeover going to work? Are you going to volunteer to be junta leader?

Anyways, I will stay tuned and wish the station well.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 05:42:18 PM »
« Edited: August 26, 2014, 05:57:06 PM by Lowly Griff »

At the heart of our troubles is the Labour Party, swept into power by a rash electorate.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes I don't consider winning 45% of all federal contests in the past 18 months - when most of this has been during an era consisting of three-to-five major parties - the result of a "rash electorate". Even in victory, some still manage to be sore losers.

But it's time for the anti-Labor groups to stop whining, for they now have a potential majority coalition to work with in the Senate. What will they choose to do with it?

Will they choose to do like Labor did when it didn't have a President, and work with the administration to get things done? Or, will they choose to campaign full-time against all the supposedly awful legislation Labor has passed in the past, while they themselves hold the keys to the Senate's (and this country's) future?

My money is on the latter; I can only hope that they keep whining about how awful the game is through October, December and more - for they now hold the same influence within the Senate as we did. It's this thing called governance: I know the Right and its satellite whiners aren't used to it, but they better learn quickly.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 05:56:21 PM »

Lol, this is going to be hilarious.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 06:55:02 PM »

At the heart of our troubles is the Labour Party, swept into power by a rash electorate.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes I don't consider winning 45% of all federal contests in the past 18 months - when most of this has been during an era consisting of three-to-five major parties - the result of a "rash electorate". Even in victory, some still manage to be sore losers.

But it's time for the anti-Labor groups to stop whining, for they now have a potential majority coalition to work with in the Senate. What will they choose to do with it?

Will they choose to do like Labor did when it didn't have a President, and work with the administration to get things done? Or, will they choose to campaign full-time against all the supposedly awful legislation Labor has passed in the past, while they themselves hold the keys to the Senate's (and this country's) future?

My money is on the latter; I can only hope that they keep whining about how awful the game is through October, December and more - for they now hold the same influence within the Senate as we did. It's this thing called governance: I know the Right and its satellite whiners aren't used to it, but they better learn quickly.

You'll just have to wait and see. My trend is toward somewhere in between your scenarios.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 07:05:01 PM »

This new era is so glorious and bizarre.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2014, 09:50:37 PM »

The Era of Good Feelings was glorious. This era is dystopic.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2014, 09:51:35 PM »

And what was not here for most of the former and now here for the latter...?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2014, 10:16:09 PM »

And what was not here for most of the former and now here for the latter...?

Your point being?
Foucaulf
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2014, 12:53:21 PM »

Citizens, Atlasians,

Thanks to a swift outpouring of support, I can gladly announce that several stations showed interest in syndicating any program continuing our movement. In a matter of days, this appeal to the Atlasian people have been heard across the country. And a regular program deserves a name.

Why "Biopolitics"? The term, as I understand it, is a way of analyzing the state that goes beyond the propaganda fed by those in power. The state has evolved to a different beast, one that maintains its power by changing the way we live and convincing us of its goodness. The state not only wants to rule, but also wants to judge our bodies and our lives.

A degenerate state only exacerbate this problem. Labour's party elites have pushed forward an aggressive program of libertinism, legalizing every drug and sexual association imaginable. Freer is better, says the Labour elite; we follow, succumbing to our basest desires. What is the result? A loss of faith in national values, the ideas that made Atlasia great.

What I believe is that the state should not promote, not even nudge in support, a particular way of life. An Atlasian government must defend national values and erase the rot Labour has left in its stead.

[...]

Two criticisms stand out.

Do not dismiss me as simply "whining". What would you rather have me do - burn myself in the middle of Nyman in protest? I would not suggest such extreme solutions if the problem has not entrenched itself already. Naturally Labour supporters will fight if all their "major accomplishments" are destroyed as they should be. Few in power realize how much the nation has been hurt - but they are responsible for reviving it from its crippled state.

And exactly how is this military takeover going to work? Are you going to volunteer to be junta leader?
I am too weak to be in a position of power, never mind my lack of interest. But it seems like, though I described my plan in my first appeal, many people have missed it. I will soon rebroadcast my appeal to clarify things. Until then:

For order, for Atlasia.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2014, 01:31:36 PM »

Coincidentally, 96.3 FM used to be WQXR, the classical music station, until a few years ago. Good choice.
Foucaulf
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2014, 05:05:07 PM »

Rebroadcast of the "Appeal of 26 August" to the Atlasian people

[...]

Atlasians, no matter the past, and no matter the future, the decision is now. Our elected leaders, who have surrendered our nation's interests, deserve reckoning. But the democratic system bends too easily against their force. We need a decisive solution: suspend democracy, allowing military intervention to restore joy and order to this land's people.

This will be an orderly transition, and the same goes for a transition back to civilian rule. The ideal would be intervention conducted according to the following 7-point plan for a renewed democracy:

• General Gustaf declares a state of emergency across Atlasia. Public expression is curtailed for 72 hours to ensure an orderly transition.
  • The Third Constitution is suspended except for Article IV, Sections 1 and 2.
    In other words, regional governments will function normally during this transition. Their laws need not remain in conformity with federal laws instated before the transition.
  • The President and the Senate at the time of the transition will be stripped of its powers.
  • All legislation enacted since January 1, 2014 are considered null and void.
  • The Supreme Court's Justices, possibly along with other experts, will form an Atlasian Council for Order (ACO) and rule by edict for the following 90 days.
  • Federal elections normally scheduled during the 90-day transition period will take place. However, no one who was a Senator or part of the Federal Government before the transition can contest them.
    The Senate and President elected as a result have no legal power, but exist to complement the ACO's work. The ACO has the authority to annul any law and executive order at any time.
  • At the end of the 90-day transition, the ACO will present a new Constitution. It will disband itself and restore civilian rule with the elected Senate and President.
    If the Senate under the new Constitution has changed in size and composition, the ACO will decide which senators to remove or appoint.

Technicalities aside, this is, most importantly, an intervention, a transition. Military rule will not suppress democracy. It is the outside force that ensure the system works again, after politics abused it into disrepair...
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2014, 05:13:16 PM »

Do not dismiss me as simply "whining". What would you rather have me do - burn myself in the middle of Nyman in protest? I would not suggest such extreme solutions if the problem has not entrenched itself already. Naturally Labour supporters will fight if all their "major accomplishments" are destroyed as they should be. Few in power realize how much the nation has been hurt - but they are responsible for reviving it from its crippled state.

What a load of sh**t. You don't actually believe this nonsense. Nothing whatsoever structural has changed about this game.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2014, 05:28:05 PM »

What a load of sh**t. You don't actually believe this nonsense. Nothing whatsoever structural has changed about this game.
Sorry but are you really that dense? He's obviously trolling with this whole persona. Do YOU actually believe that he's being serious? I find it so hard to believe that you do that I'm starting to suspect that Foucalf's radio program is actually a false flag operation orchestrated by you with the intent of getting a quasi-fascist type to back the Right and see how many Federalists agree with him.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2014, 05:36:41 PM »

Sorry but are you really that dense? He's obviously trolling with this whole persona. Do YOU actually believe that he's being serious? I find it so hard to believe that you do that I'm starting to suspect that Foucalf's radio program is actually a false flag operation orchestrated by you with the intent of getting a quasi-fascist type to back the Right and see how many Federalists agree with him.

And who said I wasn't trolling with mine? I think you missed the great era of the Laborinth, which always used satire based in elements of truth. Perhaps it's time for a resurrection?
Foucaulf
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2014, 03:54:52 PM »

Citizens, Atlasians,

As our cause is heard by further ears, it is almost as if reality conforms to my predictions. The Labour president, still reeling from his electoral defeat, has no power but to further an agenda of social subversion. His recent "awards" to communists and party sympathizers is a testament to this fact.

What kind of an example does it set to honour a man like Windjammer, who thought his ranking gave him the power to abuse the press, or Afleitch, who fiddled while the country and his party burned? In the history of this nation, leaders who deserve commendation are few and between: Purple State, Polnut, maybe Duke, and that's it. The debasement of a national honours system only aims to further weaken national values.

There have also been reports of me as a "troll" who is part of a Labour "false-flag operation". I will fight back against all such accusations. In a world where a governing party thinks it has the mandate to nationalise everything and be considered sincere, why are my beliefs so suspect?

[...]

Further technology improvements, thanks to our listeners, allow us to take calls from across the nation for the first time. I have a listener on the line - and you're on the air.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Sage words from one of our first callers! There are obviously multiple ways in which this administration has betrayed its people. And I know, personally, the Labour agenda of libertinism affects me most.    But I'd like to get other opinions. What do you think is the most dangerous Labour policy?
You put it better than I could. And I have to confess here that I was a Labour supporter for a long while. I believed what they said about building a better country. But what they really have done is divide us, replacing our values with theirs.
Certainly, I even voted for that viper, the President Pro Tempore. And that leads into this last question... the Pacific used to have a strong Labour presence. Is that changing?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2014, 07:43:50 PM »

Labour's party elites have pushed forward an aggressive program of libertinism, legalizing every drug and sexual association imaginable. Freer is better, says the Labour elite; we follow, succumbing to our basest desires. What is the result? A loss of faith in national values, the ideas that made Atlasia great.

Here comes Foucaulf, saving us from fun. *injects four marijuanas, becomes a disabled homosexual*
Foucaulf
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2014, 06:18:47 PM »

Silence
Static

Citizens, Atlasians, forces have come to a head. We have crossed a point of no return. Cities have burned, people have arisen... my own life is at risk...

Static

If there is any justice left in the world, I implore: use all force necessary, all suppression required, until we may have order. Arrest all opposition...

Silence
Foucaulf
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2014, 06:59:37 PM »

Static

Good evening; it is 6 PM in Minneapolis. Citizens of the Midwest and Atlasians of all stripes, you are listening again to 96.3 FM. Although the frequency was repossessed by the Midwestern government and forced to broadcast Soviet anthems of various sorts, I have reclaimed it thanks to supporters in the Pacific.

The past few months have been chaotic and obscene. I was fortunate enough to escape to the Pacific during the civil turmoil, but many citizens were not as fortunate. I cannot, however, remain in a foreign region while seeing my home ravaged by the excesses of the Labour state government.

Despite forceful campaigning on my behalf and of others', the Labour cabal in the Midwest remains. Through patronage, favoritism and outright fraud, the administration remains in place despite widespread popular anger. The economy is in ruins. Commoners fear for their livelihoods. Where regional media is too afraid to investigate the government's excesses, I will take on this task and fight on the side of the people.

Members of the Althing and of the Governor's Mansion, consider this your first and only warning: Biopolitics is back.

For Order, For the Midwest.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2014, 07:27:27 PM »

Are you trying to sound like Glenn Beck, or is it just a coincidence. Tongue
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2014, 08:56:01 AM »

A Labor-controlled government that's been moving our region forward (Midwest) is much, much better than no government at all (Pacific), JSYK. Tongue
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2014, 07:28:03 PM »

While I am dismayed by recent upheavals in the Midwest, I am rather excited to see BIOPOLITICS base itself in our region, at least for the time being. I shall do all that I can to ensure that the tentacles of degeneracy are not able to reach into the Pacific to mute the horn of honesty sounded here, as they did in the Pacific. I await the next broadcast with bated breath.
Foucaulf
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2014, 04:42:41 PM »

Citizens, Atlasians,

As my investigation into the true state of the Midwest continues, I want every listener to understand the truth about the recent Senate elections and economic data. I remember a time, years ago, when this nation's politics was not divided and broken, and when a nation with today's legions of unemployed unthinkable. Life is cruel this way.

The Senate elections have produced a divided electorate, split between three camps: the radicals of Labour, the elitists in TPP and the ineffective Federalists. Through their usual empty rhetoric and promises of patronage, Labour has elected party apparatchik SWE and discredited president Lief. TPP has designed a reelection for Polnut, an empty suit prone to spout off buzzwords instead of real reform. But these results are uninteresting, and is business as usual.

The great disaster is the Federalist showing, losing one seat to a truant officeholder like Bacon King. Where has the right vanished to in this country? Its luminaries have either bowed out or allied with TPP, leaving a decrepit hull reliant on minors and the ethnic vote. NCYankee, though still the party's nominal leader, clearly prefers a weak party over which he can dominate over a real, functioning party.

The answer remains, now and always, to carve a path for independent leaders who will fight for a strong Atlasia. Only with a call to action will we see these leaders emerge.

Further economic reports have shown that Atlasian inflation is at a precipitous high, close to 9 percent. Contrary to the claims of those on the radical left, an inflation as high as this is caused exactly by the socialization of finance in this country. Excessive spending from the state, even though labour productivity has stagnated in this country, drives up inflation while delaying the projects they promised.

In fact, since most public servants in this country are legally bound to be paid in nominal wages (a cruel irony, depriving them even of bargaining rights), we can only expect our highly educated individuals to either leave the country or continue preying on the state. Either way, our children will lack the education to participate in this economy - why should we be surprised that unemployment is so high?

As a prelude to my findings in the Midwest, I have discovered that coal royalties in the region are so high that they exceed any price per tonne of coal in this country over the past century. With regions desperately clinging to energy royalties and taxing producers to high heaven, we shouldn't be surprised to see energy production slowing down, making it even harder to do business - and for inflation to spiral out of control.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies