Waiting for the 538 real model about Senate and Governor races... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:30:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Waiting for the 538 real model about Senate and Governor races... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Waiting for the 538 real model about Senate and Governor races...  (Read 1768 times)
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: 3.30

« on: August 27, 2014, 10:03:28 PM »

Personally, I find 538's current set articles way more interesting than yet another update of "who do we think is gonna win today!!!!1"
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: 3.30

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 09:49:57 PM »

Personally, I find 538's current set articles way more interesting than yet another update of "who do we think is gonna win today!!!!1"

Maybe they have a time and place before, but the fact that very few of the articles are about politics when we're two months away from an election is shameful. And I find it hard to believe that people who are big enough political junkies to have tens of thousands of posts on the Atlas Forum are more interested in rating burritos as opposed to political analysis.

I guess that's what happens to a site when it's owned by ESPN. I mean, it's not like political junkies are the only audience FiveThirtyEight is trying to serve. I'm fine with the site as now it is because politics isn't my only avid interest. I'd probably end up rather unhinged if that were my only focus. Tongue Burritos and sports are a welcome diversion, and even the most politically obsessed posters here would probably find Mona Chalabi's articles interesting. I don't think I'd visit FiveThirtyEight daily if it just rehashed political updates constantly with only minor tweaking; my distaste of tireless repitition in the news is the same reason why I only find it necessary to visit Upshot once or twice a week.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies