Nine year old kills gun instructor with Uzi
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:03:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Nine year old kills gun instructor with Uzi
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Nine year old kills gun instructor with Uzi  (Read 2168 times)
Iosif

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 27, 2014, 07:47:09 AM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11057775/Nine-year-old-American-girl-accidentally-kills-shooting-instructor-with-Uzi-submachine-gun.html

God bless American freedom!
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 07:49:08 AM »

"People kill people"
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 07:49:49 AM »

What business does a nine year old have with an Uzi? I don't think this was what Jefferson was talking about...
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 07:50:59 AM »

What business does a nine year old have with an Uzi? I don't think this was what Jefferson was talking about...

parents were making sure she would be ready for the UN invasion.
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 09:31:52 AM »

Dumb people play with guns. They die.

If a nine-year-old went on a rampage with an Uzi, this might be noteworthy. As it stands, this story is no different than the gangland murders we ignore on a daily basis.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 09:35:07 AM »

Indeed. These regrettable incidents are merely the price that must be paid to protect freedom.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 09:38:01 AM »

A 9-year old with an Uzi ?

The. US. is. nuts.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 09:40:12 AM »

To be fair, it's important that children have good marksmanship so we avoid situations like this:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/woman-shot-head-b15-bus-article-1.1728690
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 09:42:40 AM »

People under, say, 16 shouldn't be able to shoot automatic weapons.  Even on a range, even with parental approval and a shooting instructor.

You may now go back to making jokes.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2014, 10:06:08 AM »
« Edited: August 27, 2014, 10:10:18 AM by Governor Varavour »

Dumb people play with guns. They die.

If a nine-year-old went on a rampage with an Uzi, this might be noteworthy. As it stands, this story is no different than the gangland murders we ignore on a daily basis.

Who was the dumb person playing with guns here that died? The kid? Why can't the child handle a gun? Can it possibly be because she is a child?

People under, say, 16 shouldn't be able to shoot automatic weapons.  Even on a range, even with parental approval and a shooting instructor.

You may now go back to making jokes.

No one is making jokes. Children under sixteen should not be allowed to use guns, period. Automatic and semi-automatic weapons should be banned outright.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2014, 10:07:27 AM »

Remember, only the police should have guns. That's REAL freedom, you dumb Americans!

Being an unsafe instructor sure does.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2014, 10:12:45 AM »

They should be banned, maybe except for certain people paying above a certain (very high) amount of taxes.

What is wrong with you? None of these people should have guns, ideally. But I am far more comfortable with the police having guns rather than literal children. I am sure no one denies far more people are shot dead by minors every year than by the police.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2014, 10:17:55 AM »

There were 8 posts before mine, 5 of those were jokes.  You're not making jokes, true, but there are plenty of people that are.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2014, 10:18:15 AM »

They should be banned, maybe except for certain people paying above a certain (very high) amount of taxes.

What is wrong with you? None of these people should have guns, ideally. But I am far more comfortable with the police having guns rather than literal children. I am sure no one denies far more people are shot dead by minors every year than by the police.
You're kidding, right? You really think little kids with legally owned weapons kill more people than the police?

And the girl didn't own the gun. She went to a gun range which by the sound of it was pretty unsafe. I don't think the instructor should've given it to her at all.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2014, 10:22:30 AM »

You're kidding, right? You really think little kids with legally owned weapons kill more people than the police?

And the girl didn't own the gun. She went to a gun range which by the sound of it was pretty unsafe. I don't think the instructor should've given it to her at all.

What is the relevance of "legally owned weapons" here? I never made that qualification. To talk about homicdes committed with "legally owned weapons" is deflecting the point. Nor did I say "little kids", either.

I don't know how this is remotely tolerable.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2014, 10:23:37 AM »

Children under sixteen should not be allowed to use guns, period.
12 year old children have been shooting .22s since forever with few problems.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Automatic weapons are virtually banned.  Very few people die each year from them, there is no good reason to make them even more banned.  You'll never be able to ban semi-autos, thank Og.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2014, 10:25:13 AM »

There's no reason all but a handful of civilians should be so heavily armed; this isn't Somalia.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2014, 10:37:30 AM »

There's no reason all but a handful of civilians should be so heavily armed; this isn't Somalia.
Very very few people are "so heavily armed"...and most of those are companies like the one in the story, the vast majority don't have 9 year old children killing instructors.  It's not easy to get an automatic weapon license and the guns themselves are stupid expensive.  The relatively cheap Uzi starts at $500ish for a crappy one shooting .22lr rounds.  A nice 9mm version will run you into the several of thousands.  Something more fun like a M249 SAW start at 8 large and go up from there.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2014, 10:47:55 AM »

Dumb parents, nine year olds shouldn't use automatic weapons, that's ridiculous. Stories like this are truly tragic and they almost always lie on the parents. If you saw the video (which cuts off right before the death of the instructor) you'll notice that she lost control of the gun and it went to her left to shoot the guy.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2014, 11:07:42 AM »

The instructor was an idiot who got what was coming to him.

The parents are idiots for letting their 9 year old near that thing to begin with.

Sterilize the parents so they can't pass their idiocy on to another generation. Sterilize the girl so she can't either.

Hopefully Darwin will work his magic in the long run and our country will be rid if these idiots for good.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2014, 11:22:10 AM »

The kid couldn't handle the gun. She's not to blame. "Got what was coming to him?" What is wrong with you? What is wrong with all of you?
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2014, 11:30:49 AM »

The instructor was an idiot who got what was coming to him.

The parents are idiots for letting their 9 year old near that thing to begin with.

Sterilize the parents so they can't pass their idiocy on to another generation. Sterilize the girl so she can't either.

Hopefully Darwin will work his magic in the long run and our country will be rid if these idiots for good.

Why? Clearly she didn't mean to and this will haunt her for the rest of her life. I would think she would learn from this and rebel against (what in my opinion is) her gun nut parents.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2014, 11:31:01 AM »

Your bizarre "arm only the rich" argument is somewhat worrying, Simfan.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2014, 11:36:43 AM »
« Edited: August 27, 2014, 11:40:49 AM by Governor Varavour »

Why? They should be protected from people like TNF, seatown, Bandit, and their Occupier ilk. For the rest of us, it should be banned, across the board.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2014, 11:43:04 AM »

Why? They should be protected from people like TNF, seatown, Bandit, and their Occupier ilk. For the rest of us, it should be banned, across the board.

Well, that's... unique...
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies