Can Jordan remain a bastion of stability and moderation in the Arab World? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:51:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Can Jordan remain a bastion of stability and moderation in the Arab World? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can Jordan remain a bastion of stability and moderation in the Arab World?  (Read 858 times)
ingemann
YaBB God

« on: August 31, 2014, 01:23:27 PM »

Perhaps you can answer this other question for me as well. I've been meaning to ask it for a while and this seems as good a place as any. How do historians generally feel about Heshemite claims of descent from Mohammed? How do other Muslims feel about these claims? If these claims are serious, why have they never tried to set themselves up as Caliphs?

Well I'm neither Muslim nor Jordanian, but I can tell you this, there are somewhat above 100 000 people whose claim to be descendent of Muhammed are general accepted by Muslims, so while it's both likely true and it have some symbolic meaning, I doubt it really have that much political effect.

An interesting myth I have heard, are because of the effect of dynastic marriage in Europe, and one of Muhammed descendents married a Christian prince, is that all royals in Europe are in fact descendent of Muhammed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies