Is Inks responsible for a majority of your infraction points?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:25:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is Inks responsible for a majority of your infraction points?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is Inks responsible for a majority of your infraction points?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 23

Author Topic: Is Inks responsible for a majority of your infraction points?  (Read 491 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 27, 2014, 09:45:12 PM »

Not sure, to be honest probably not, but no doubt a very strong plurality. At least 40%. The reason why I'm now down to 1 death points and might not even hit double digits ever again. My lifetime high was 41 I believe.

The main reason of course being that Inks would frequently throw out 7-10s while other mods are pretty reluctant usually to even go above a 3.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 09:59:46 PM »

Out of curiosity, I just went back to the May and June reports (I think the last two months for which Inks was a mod) and all three US General Discussion mods gave out more infraction points (including, yes, 7s, 8s, 9s, and 10s) in those months than Inks did.  US General Discussion has become a black hole of moderated posts, and seems to be responsible for the clear majority of infraction points these days.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 10:02:00 PM »

Out of curiosity, I just went back to the May and June reports (I think the last two months for which Inks was a mod) and all three US General Discussion mods gave out more infraction points (including, yes, 7s, 8s, 9s, and 10s) in those months than Inks did.  US General Discussion has become a black hole of moderated posts, and seems to be responsible for the clear majority of infraction points these days.

Indie avatar - SC
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 10:13:12 PM »

As an example of the extent to which a few boards, and especially US General Discussion, generate the bulk of the reports, here's the total of all reported posts made in the past two weeks or so (regardless of which ones resulted in any moderator action, or points), by board:

US General Discussion: 24
Forum Community: 10
International General Discussion: 10
Individual Politics: 2
Atlas Fantasy Elections: 1
Political Debate: 1
Religion & Philosophy: 1
Off Topic: 1
2014 Senate Polls: 1
everything else: 0
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 01:11:44 AM »

No, TrueFederalist is.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 01:52:00 AM »

No, but Ernest is, mainly due to a combination of copyright issues and a single tame post that took several iterations and 10 death points to reach an acceptable form.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 04:04:12 AM »

Inks was responsible for only 1 out of my 21 ever infraction points, which he gave to me for using a curse word in response to a news article about a dad killing his own kid.

I gave myself 10 infraction points for a post in a thread titled "What is Mitt Romney doing the morning after he lost?" where I posted the following image from the onion with the caption, "November 8, 2012: Romney Spends Day Tearfully Apologizing at Father's Grave"

people found it to be in terrible taste and someone reported it so I figured I would spare Morden the trouble and just infract myself for it

My third (and most recent) infraction was during the big hullabaloo about Simfan communicating to the forum through intermediaries while he was banned and how infraction points were gonna be handed out for doing it. While several were arguing about the necessity and propriety of this, I relayed a message from Simi:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The irony was lost, but I got away with it while others' posts were being deleted for the same thing. I had to bring it up like five more times before Gustaf finally gave in and infracted me 10 points for wasting his time
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2014, 12:52:34 PM »

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies