Michagan - Is there some missing polling data for this senate race ?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:57:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Michagan - Is there some missing polling data for this senate race ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Michagan - Is there some missing polling data for this senate race ?  (Read 438 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 28, 2014, 02:52:03 PM »

I was comparing this site's US Senate Poll Map to that on RCP's, and noticed only one state that differed in regards to "toss-up" states. The state is Michigan.

It seems that as of today (Aug 28th), this site is missing two recent polls that are not included in the state's data. The polls are not "that new," to think that maybe the data has just not been updated yet. It seems that the data was either erroneously missed, or for some legitimate reason has been excluded. The two polls in question (found on RCP's site, but missing here) for Michigan are :

1.) Mitchell Research , conducted Aug 5 , 626 likely voters , Peters(D) 45% , Land(R) 44%
2.) Harper(R) , conducted Aug 4-5 , 549 likely voters , Peters(D) 45% , Land(R) 44%

The second poll seems to be conducted and sponsored by the Republicans, so maybe I can understand its absence. But the first poll conducted by Mitchell Research should be included, since there are previous polls in Michigan that are showing on this site, from this polling company.

If one or both of these polls are included, I would think that Michigan would be closer to a toss-up state, or at the very least be identified with "slight" status and not "lean" status on the map.

Can members double check this information please. Am I missing something ?
Thank you.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 11:35:08 AM »

Update:
It seems that a new poll by Mitchell Research, with a poll date of Aug 27, is included in the data for the Michigan senate race, on this website.
But the poll dated Aug 5th by Mitchell Research is still missing.

(Maybe I should send a "bug report" for the Mods / Admin to investigate.)
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 02:59:56 PM »

The August 5th Mitchell Research poll has been entered. The Harper one probably won't be, not that it would affect the coloring at this point anyway.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 03:34:13 PM »

The August 5th Mitchell Research poll has been entered. The Harper one probably won't be, not that it would affect the coloring at this point anyway.

Ah yes ... I see the information now !
It seems that the Mods/Admin, noticed the bug-report I sent them and within the last couple of hours, entered the missing poll information for the senate race in Michigan.

And as predicted, the status for the State of Michigan has now been changed from "Lean Democratic" (light red), to "Slight Democratic" (pink) on the map.

I do believe this race will be close, but in the end the Democrats will hold-on to Michigan.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies