Baker pulls ahead in Massachusetts (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:43:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  Baker pulls ahead in Massachusetts (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Baker pulls ahead in Massachusetts  (Read 5032 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: August 28, 2014, 10:49:35 PM »

Although not quite as bad as UNH, this poll has also been pretty volatile. What exactly in the past few months has caused Coakley to go from a double digit lead, to a margin of error lead, back to a double digit lead, and now trailing?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 05:24:53 PM »

Why would Massachusetts Republicans nominate a centrist proven loser?

Why did Republicans decide to go with a proven loser?
Baker lost to a popular incumbent governor. Coakley lost to a little-known state senator. Huge difference.

Patrick wasn't popular back then, IIRC.

Yeah, his ratings were mediocre at best.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 10:45:23 AM »

lol

They are polling Massachusetts, right?
Masschusetts is no stranger to electing republicans. Of the last five governors, only 1 (Deval Patrick) was a democrat.

Still leaving this at Lean D. I'd like to see Suffolk, Purple Strategies, or PPP.

I realize that. But considering the republican types of governors that the Northeast used to elect are gone, they should be going overwhelmingly D, even if Baker is a good candidate and Coakley is a bad one.

I know it's treated as gospel, but those types of Republicans are NOT gone.  Period.

Would be good if they could emerge from their exile and save the GOP from itself.

But on topic... it's a weird poll. While I could believe that Coakley could lose, there is a lot that makes very little sense to me. 18% undecided? C'mon.

While I agree (with your first part), every Republican nominee in New England (besides a few exceptions) seems to be an authentic moderate.  Scott Brown held a Senate seat in MA less than two years ago, and if people aren't willing to call him moderate, then they're extremists!

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/scott-brown-pulls-rare-climate-reversal

It's pretty obvious he was just faking being a moderate to try to get re-elected. Now that he's running in a redder state he feels no need to do so.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies