Baker pulls ahead in Massachusetts (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:05:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  Baker pulls ahead in Massachusetts (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Baker pulls ahead in Massachusetts  (Read 5029 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« on: August 29, 2014, 09:45:05 AM »

It's nice to see such a large boost for Baker from the Globe compared to their last poll. Still, I want to see more polls of this race. While I think Baker is a good candidate and that Coakley is underwhelming, this is Massachusetts, one of the most liberal states in the nation, and Coakley seems like she has at least learned from some of the mistakes she made in 2010. Also, with Baker at only 38%, he has quite a way to go before I can say that he has a very good chance at winning. For the time being, I'm ranking this race at least Lean D.

Baker has the right beliefs to win in Masssachussets as a Republican, and he's probably one of the best recruits, but he's not a very good candidate. He's alright, but he has plenty of issues. But he's starting to make marked changes this time and that's promising. Here's an article on his change in temperament.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 03:53:30 PM »

Lol at the "Coakley is a sure loser!!!1111" circlejerk.

I love that no one is mentioning the fact that in their final poll of the 2012 election cycle, Boston Globe had Scott Brown and Elizabeth Warren tied 47-47 in a race Warren went on to win 54-46.

Not to mention that this same poll shows Berwick trailing 19-44 and Grossman trailing 33-37. These are the worst numbers that either of them have had for a while in this poll too.

Once the real campaign actually begins and voters tune in, Coakley, who is Massachusetts's most popular officeholder, will win.

This is a shocking turn of positive from you, the usual Democratic Doomsayer.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies