PPP-NH: Shaheen +6
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:02:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  PPP-NH: Shaheen +6
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PPP-NH: Shaheen +6  (Read 2541 times)
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 29, 2014, 11:16:33 AM »

50/44, done for LCV.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 11:23:15 AM »

This is far narrower than I expected. Granted, he has a ways to go, but it doesn't look impossible anymore. I wish they had polled Rubens.
International Brotherhood of Bernard
interstate73

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 11:23:51 AM »

LEAN R!! THE BOTTOM'S FALLING OUT FOR DEMOCRATS!!!!!!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 11:24:58 AM »

LEAN R!! THE BOTTOM'S FALLING OUT FOR DEMOCRATS!!!!!!

People posting like this in every poll is starting to get on my nerves. PPP is pretty reputible, and while Shaheen is still extremely favored, I thought the margin was going to be low double digits.
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: 3.30

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 11:26:32 AM »

So this race is definitely closer than it once was, but Shaheen still has an advantage. PPP makes sense.  
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 11:38:33 AM »

Eh, she's still at 50. Can't complain.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 11:43:58 AM »

It was 49/41 in their last poll so Brown gained 3 points and Shaheen 1 point looks like a steady race to me.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 11:46:11 AM »

Assuming this is not an outlier, the canaries may have died for Reid's majority.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2014, 11:49:20 AM »

It was 49/41 in their last poll so Brown gained 3 points and Shaheen 1 point looks like a steady race to me.
backtored
Vatican City State

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2014, 11:56:27 AM »

I suspect that NH, MI, and MN may very well all end up being decided by low-to-mid single digits. 
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2014, 12:21:01 PM »

LCV is a democratic group? I have read that in the 2012 election cycle, they spent $8.6 million against Republicans, $524,000 against Democrats and $1.7 million in support of Democrats.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2014, 12:30:21 PM »

LCV is a democratic group? I have read that in the 2012 election cycle, they spent $8.6 million against Republicans, $524,000 against Democrats and $1.7 million in support of Democrats.

League of Conservation Voters?
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2014, 12:47:00 PM »

League of Conservation Voters?
"The League of Conservation Voters works to defeat “anti-environment” candidates, according to its mission statement, and elect politicians “who stand up for a clean, healthy future for America.”"
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2014, 01:23:59 PM »

Control for the fact that this was done for a (somewhat) liberal group, and it looks like the WMUR poll actually wasn't that bad.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2014, 02:27:43 PM »

Shaheen will win, Brown will lose. End of debate.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2014, 03:28:01 PM »

So, Shaheen is leading by a larger margin than last time PPP polled this race but somehow this is evidence of this race becoming competitive?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2014, 03:28:57 PM »

So, Shaheen is leading by a larger margin than last time PPP polled this race but somehow this is evidence of this race becoming competitive?

wait really? I thought the last poll had it at 49/41, as henstar stated.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2014, 03:35:45 PM »

wait really? I thought the last poll had it at 49/41, as henstar stated.

Technically, that was also an LCV-affliated poll. It looks like the last independent PPP in our database is a bit dusty: its from January and Shaheen was up 3.
KCDem

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2014, 05:41:36 PM »

This x 100000. The Republican shills continue to grasp at straws claiming that Brown is competitive.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2014, 08:08:05 PM »

This x 100000. The Republican shills continue to grasp at straws claiming that Brown is competitive.

Come on now, compare apples to apples - the last League of Conservation PPP poll showed Brown down 8 (more recent than the poll that had Brown down 3), now he's down 6. I don't think Brown will win, I'm not even sure he will be competitive by the end (considering his petulant debating style with Liz Warren), but it is getting closer.
KCDem

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2014, 09:07:12 PM »

Come on now, compare apples to apples - the last League of Conservation PPP poll showed Brown down 8 (more recent than the poll that had Brown down 3), now he's down 6. I don't think Brown will win, I'm not even sure he will be competitive by the end (considering his petulant debating style with Liz Warren), but it is getting closer.

So going from being down 8 to down 6 is closing? That's statistical noise within the margin, my friend. There is little evidence that this is getting closer. I eagerly await to be proved wrong.
GaussLaw
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2014, 09:12:00 PM »

So going from being down 8 to down 6 is closing? That's statistical noise within the margin, my friend. There is little evidence that this is getting closer. I eagerly await to be proved wrong.

Shaheen had been up double digits in multiple past polls, so from +10 or +11 to +6 is significant, especially with a +2 from UNH (a junky poll however), it does constitute a shift.  Of course, more polling data is needed to verify this.  Still, this just means that Scott Brown is in maybe in more of a Harold Ford situation than a Rick Santorum situation, not by any means that he's going to win.
KCDem

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2014, 09:40:31 PM »

Shaheen had been up double digits in multiple past polls, so from +10 or +11 to +6 is significant, especially with a +2 from UNH (a junky poll however), it does constitute a shift.  Of course, more polling data is needed to verify this.  Still, this just means that Scott Brown is in maybe in more of a Harold Ford situation than a Rick Santorum situation, not by any means that he's going to win.

Scott Brown is in a Scott Brown situation, which is enough. He's toast.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2014, 07:38:43 AM »

Looks like a poll for a liberal group, so almost an internal.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies