|           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:32:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: .  (Read 2916 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 29, 2014, 03:51:50 PM »
« edited: August 30, 2014, 09:19:57 PM by Beet »

mods can feel free to delete. was more of a rant than anything
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 04:20:00 PM »

He's not golfing anymore but he's still dressed like he is.  If you want to send a message to the ebola virus that there will be a price to pay for your behavior, don't do so in a khaki suit if you want to be taken seriously.
Panda Express

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 07:20:52 PM »

You seem worried, Beet.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 10:55:27 PM »

A good leader is supposed to worry more than his people. It's time for some f** action, man. Put on the pants.
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 12:09:06 AM »

Well, he's supposed to be the 'coolest man on Earth'...

At least he had the coolest suit of a president lately...
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 12:20:30 AM »

A good leader is supposed to worry more than his people. It's time for some f** action, man. Put on the pants.

I'm sure you've considered the courses of action and know what he should have done.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 12:41:14 AM »

I want to see Beet's reaction to these latest Obama comments:

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/216281-media-makes-you-think-world-is-falling-apart
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 01:18:20 AM »

Beet's the biggest concern troll around, so this shouldn't be surprising.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 02:04:24 AM »

Obama is a badass.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2014, 10:00:34 AM »

Beet's the biggest concern troll around, so this shouldn't be surprising.

For using logic and common sense? No one around here is a bigger Obama supporter than me. How many of you knocked on over 500 doors for Obama or contributed over $500 to his reelection campaign? The fact that even his big donors and supporters in the press are getting worried shows that everyone except O realizes he seems off the farm.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2014, 10:08:55 AM »

I know it's easy to say Beet is a pessimist (he clearly is), but he also didn't say anything incorrect in his OP.  I guess jokes and insults are easier than making excuses, hand waving or spinning.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2014, 10:22:19 AM »

Yeah, Obama has been downsized from a Messiah to a regular mediocre politician.

This had to be expected even by the most die-hard supporters in early 2008, but despite this he's probably still preferable to a Republican alternative as President. Imagine for a second having a Rick Perry as President or a Sarah Palin ... The calm and laid-back acting in the middle-east is probably the best for the moment. It could all be much worse ...
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2014, 10:25:00 AM »

As slow as Obama has been in making decisions about Ukraine and ISIS, it makes me shudder at how Bush, McCain or Romney would have dealt with it.

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2014, 11:45:35 AM »

I know it's easy to say Beet is a pessimist (he clearly is), but he also didn't say anything incorrect in his OP. I guess jokes and insults are easier than making excuses, hand waving or spinning.

That's because Beet isn't making falsifiable claims. What does he mean when he says that Obama is "totally paralyzed" in the Middle East? In what sense are China-America relations "at their lowest point since 1972"? How has Obama "more or less" agreed to tolerate continued Russian revanchism? The single factual assertion, that Obama has "never said a word" about ebola, is easily disproved.

Right down to the frivolous punch line ("Where is Obama? Golfing."), Beet's soliloquy mimics the form and style of a Reaganfan essay. (The chief difference is that Beet is not borderline illiterate.) His focus is rhetoric, not substance, so it should surprise no one that most responses address the former.

I think the main question in all of this and what I was trying to get at is that complaining without a plan that is devised through actively planning is called whining. As chauvinistic, condescending and offensive as the Avenged Sevenfold song "Critical Acclaim" was, its the reason why Kerry lost in 2004 and Romney lost in 2012.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2014, 12:04:19 PM »

Beet's strange obsession with (in summary) BALLS GROW A PAIR BRO like some kind of alternate universe Naso is interesting. Why does a self-identified feminist restore to such crude paeans to machismo?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2014, 12:05:39 PM »

I will agree, however, that Obama's decision to wear a poorly tailored khaki suit was a HUGE mistake.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2014, 12:51:33 PM »

If past presidents had ever golfed, we probably would have long ago seen Russia act aggressively, Islamic radicals overthrow the Shah, conflict between Israel and Arabs and maybe even disease outbreaks.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2014, 01:14:02 PM »

I will agree, however, that Obama's decision to wear a poorly tailored khaki suit was a HUGE mistake.
and I think it could be a new thing. I will admit that it does look strange at first glance, but the new look is definitely not without its charm. It would be interesting to see future presidents and senior pols pull it off.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2014, 01:41:38 PM »

If past presidents had ever golfed, we probably would have long ago seen Russia act aggressively, Islamic radicals overthrow the Shah, conflict between Israel and Arabs and maybe even disease outbreaks.

Indeed, Carter's cardigan wearing was a sign of great weaknesa.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2014, 02:52:15 PM »

I liked Obama's suit. I don't care what people say, it was a nice suit.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2014, 02:55:30 PM »

You're right. The president shouldn't be allowed to play golf whenever anything bad is ever happening anywhere in the world.

Woodrow Wilson played 9 holes every morning, even when WWI was going on.

GWB, Clinton, GHWB and Reagan all vacationed more than Obama has at this point in his presidency.

Do you want him to put on combat fatigues and a bandolier and hop on the next plane to Syria to show them bad guys some real 'Murican justice? *cue Top Gun soundtrack*
Mordecai
Australia

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2014, 03:55:20 PM »
« Edited: August 30, 2014, 04:00:03 PM by Mordecai »

Maybe he's exhausted. No President since FDR has had to deal with as much sh-t as he has. When Bill Clinton took over from Bush 41 in 1993 he had it so f[Inks]ing easy compared to the flaming bag of sh-t that Bush 43 left behind (who, by the way, took way too much vacation time).

As for distant and aloof, that's just his personality. This isn't news, he's always been an introspective, introverted kind of person. And, as has been noted, he's a much better alternative to McCain or Romney.

Edit: And I just checked the numbers, Bush took nearly four times as many vacation days as Obama. If you include the time spent at Camp David by the both of them, it leaps to over four and a half times as many vacation days.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2014, 04:04:50 PM »

Maybe he's exhausted. No President since FDR has had to deal with as much sh-t as he has. When Bill Clinton took over from Bush 41 in 1993 he had it so f[Inks]ing easy compared to the flaming bag of sh-t that Bush 43 left behind (who, by the way, took way too much vacation time).

No just stop, you really don't need to know very much about history, to know how big a pile of cattle fecal matter that comment were.

Every president from Eisenhower to Bush I had to deal with the threat of nuclear annihilation, that alone are much bigger problem than anything Obama have to deal with.
Mordecai
Australia

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2014, 04:40:14 PM »

No just stop, you really don't need to know very much about history, to know how big a pile of cattle fecal matter that comment were.

Every president from Eisenhower to Bush I had to deal with the threat of nuclear annihilation, that alone are much bigger problem than anything Obama have to deal with.

nope
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2014, 06:08:13 PM »

Obama definitely sounds reassuring in those remarks, and he's right.  There are always going to be a lot of problems occurring all over the world.  He is an effective and realistic manager, task delegator, and leader, working hard to achieve progress wherever possible.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies