2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:33:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 34
Author Topic: 2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread  (Read 77848 times)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: September 12, 2014, 07:21:26 PM »

Statement from the President of the United States
White House Press Secretary Chris Wallace

Many Americans, President Giuliani included, sat glued to the TV or radio on July 21, 1969. That is a date that will forever hold a place of honor both in the United States and around the globe. As Neil Armstrong's voice crackled across the airwaves, a surge of pride washed over Americans off all ages and we were united as a nation in a way that had not been seen since the end of World War II and has not been seen since.

Since that day, however, our space program has declined - due to both funding cuts and lack of public interest. Americans last stepped foot on the moon in 1972, nor has a human left the Earth's orbit since. President Giuliani, after discussions with Vice President Hutchison, Speaker Hastert, Secretary Romney, Secretary Rice, Secretary LaHood, and Administrator Griffin, has issued Executive Order 13401, "Establishing the President's Commission on Human Space Flight". The Commission is charged with four tasks: 1) Investigate the state of the United States' space flight capabilities; 2) Advise the President on the probability of a manned landing on the Moon; 3) Advise the President on the probability of a manned landing on Mars; and 4) Submit a written report to the President no later than July 4th, 2008. The Commission will be composed of 10 members, one Chairman, one Deputy Chairman, and three honorary members. The members can be found below.

Chairman: Former Senator Harrison Schmitt (R)
Deputy Chairman: Former Senator John Glenn (D)

Honorary Member: Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert
Honorary Member: President Pro Tempore of the Senate, Senator Thad Cochran
Honorary Member:  Secretary of Defense Codoleeza Rice

Member: Lockheed Martin CEO Robert J. Stevens
Member: Deputy NASA Administrator Shana Dale
Member: Former NASA Astronaut Buzz Aldrin
Member: Astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson
Member: Professor Donald B. Campbell
Member: Former NASA Administrator Sean O'Keefe
Member: Chief of the NASA Astronaut Office Stephen W. Lindsey
Member: Former Deputy Secretary of Defense John Hamre
Member: Former Secretary of the Air Force Verne Orr
Member: Assistant Commandant of the Marine Corps Robert Magnus

badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #226 on: September 12, 2014, 10:46:04 PM »

Lincoln Campaign Press Release

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

We are releasing the results of an internal campaign poll, conducted from Sept. 2-7 by phone. With a sample of 1,100 registered voters, and a + or - of 3.75 Margin of Error, we found that Senator Lincoln would lead South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford by +1 , 45% to 44% in a head-to-head national race, matching New York Senator Hillary Clinton's lead over Sanford in a recently released poll.

This is a crowded primary and it should be. There won't be a coronation after the first three contests. And that's the way it should be. Democratic voters deserve choices and Senator Lincoln is prepared to produce a platform that will unite this party to win the hearts and minds of American voters over whomever is the Republican nominee in November.

Sen. Blanche Lincoln - 45% +1
Gov. Mark Sanford - 44%
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #227 on: September 12, 2014, 10:58:58 PM »
« Edited: September 12, 2014, 11:33:07 PM by badgate »

Lincoln Endorsements, III

Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-CA)

Gov. Jodi Rell (R-CT)

Gov. John Baldacci (D-ME)

Rep. Debbie Wasserman-Schultz (D-FL)

Gov. Brian Schweitzer (D-MT)

Statement from Lincoln Campaign

On the heels of a new poll showing that Senator Lincoln would lead South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford in a national race, Blanche has racked up five powerful and bi-partisan endorsements. Democratic and Republican women continue to rally around the Senator's platform of equal and fair pay, raising the minimum wage, and protecting and increasing access to women's health care.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #228 on: September 12, 2014, 11:30:14 PM »

Howard Dean for America - September 15th - 17th, 2007

Schedule Part One

"Candidates come around here all the time to pander. I'm not going to do that. The fact is, we're in trouble, and unless we can get someone in the White House that is free from special interest money, we are going to continue being in trouble. The banking interest has pushed so hard on the Giuliani administration for a drop in the mortgage deduction. I oppose that, especially in an economy that requires a tax increase, rather than a tax cut. I will balance the budget in a fiscally responsible manner because I am not beholden to anyone other than the voters, and South Carolina, we're gonna win it!"

September 15th, 2007 (With Jesse Jackson)Sad
Town Hall in Clemson, SC
Barnstorming Greenville, SC
Town Hall in Laurens, SC
Barnstorming in Columbia, SC
Meet and Greet in Sumter, SC

September 16th, 2007:
Press Appearances (See Press Appearance Page)
Candidate Forum with Mark Sanford

"I support free trade. But there's a difference between free trade and NAFTA and several of the free trade agreements under Bush and Giuliani. As President I will create a commission and work on a complete re-evaluation of all free trade agreements. The fact is, corporations have dominated this process and the balance is tipped toward them, further increasing inequality in this country. I want to make the process easier for small businesses in this country to trade elsewhere, while also cracking down on slave wage labor. We must do it, to even the playing field, especially with China growing at such exponential rate. "

September 17th, 2007 (with Jesse Jackson)Sad
Meet and Greet in Beaufort, SC
Barnstorming in Charleston, SC
Town Hall in Walterboro, SC
Town Hall in Orangeburg, SC
Meet and Greet in Aiken, SC
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #229 on: September 13, 2014, 01:19:54 AM »
« Edited: September 13, 2014, 01:32:26 AM by badgate »

Lincoln Campaign Schedule

Lincoln Camp Releases Regional Map

Light Green - Pacific: Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-CA) is Chairman
Medium Green - Rust: Gov. Joe Manchin III (D-WV) is Chairman
Dark Green - Midwest: TBA
Light Blue - South West: TBA
Medium Blue - Mountain West: Gov. Brian Schweitzer (D-MT) is Chairman
Dark Blue - South: TBA
Maroon - Florida: Rep. Debbie Wasserman-Schultz (D-FL) is Chairman
Medium Red - Atlantic: Sen. Joe Biden (D-DE) is Chairman
Dark Red - Carolina: Sen. John Edwards (D-NC) is Chairman
Pink - New England: Gov. Jodi Rell (R-CT) & Gov. John Baldacci (D-ME) are Co-Chairmen

September 15, 2007 Iowa
-10:45am - Speech at the opening of Davenport field office
-11:00am - Thanking attendees at Davenport field office opening
-1:00pm - Meet & Greet in Muscatine
-3:15pm - Meet & Greet in West Liberty
-6:00pm - Speech at the opening of Iowa City field office
-6:15pm - Thanking attendees at Iowa City field office opening
-7:30pm - Live press conference at Iowa City field office

September 16, 2007 Florida
-6:00-9:45am - Fly from Iowa City, IA to Jacksonville, FL
-11:00am - First official campaign event in Florida: Rally in Jacksonville, announcing higher ed plan
-1:30pm - Meet & Greet in Lake City
-3:30pm - Meet & Greet in Alachua
-5:25pm - Press Conference in Gainesville on new higher ed plan

September 17, 2007 Florida
-11:00am - Florida State University first in a series of forums with candidates in Tallahassee
-1:15pm - Town Hall in Crawfordville
-5:00pm - Meet & Greet in Lynn Haven
-7:45pm - Rally in Panama City

September 18, 2007 Florida & South Carolina
-10:00am - Meet & Greet in Dania Beach, w/ Rep. Debbie Wasserman-Schutlz
-12:30pm - Rally in Fort Lauderdale, w/ Rep. Wasserman-Schultz Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz endorses Blanche Lincoln for President
-2:20-5:50pm - Fly to Charleston SC
-6:30pm - Speech at North Charleston Field Office Opening Party
-8:00pm - Live press conference with Charleston news at Field Office Opening

September 19, 2007 South Carolina
-7:00-9:10am - Travel to Columbia
-10:00am - Meet & Greet with office opening volunteers in Columbia
-11:00am - Speech at Columbia Field Office opening party
-1:00pm - Barnstorm in Denvtsville
-4:00pm - Town Hall in Lexington
-6:30pm - Rest in Columbia

September 20, 2007 South Carolina
-10:15am - Meet & Greet in Sumter
-12:10pm - Rally in Florence
-2:45pm - Barnstorm in Conway
-5:30pm - Meet & Greet on boardwalk in Myrtle Beach
-8:00pm - Fundraiser in Myrtle Beach
-11:45pm - Fly to Iowa

September 21, 2007 Iowa
-10:35am - Meet & Greet in Red Oak
-1:30pm - Barnstorm in Council Bluffs
-4:40pm - Meet & Greet in Atlantic
-7:00pm - Meet & Greet in Creston
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #230 on: September 13, 2014, 01:35:44 AM »

TV Ad: 2008

LINCOLN: This is a year for change. I'm Blanche Lincoln, former CEO of the Gates Foundation, and candidate for President. At the Gates Foundation I worked to put thousands of new computers and information technology in the hands of underprivileged students.

LINCOLN: When I served Arkansas in the United States Senate, I was a tireless fighter for my neighbors of all political stripes, and fiercely defended the rights of workers while fighting to raise the minimum wage. When you go to caucus this January, remember this: I'm Blanche Lincoln, and I'll never sell you out or for a donation. I'll never betray my values for a vote. And you'd better believe I approved this message.

Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lt. Gov. RGN
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix
E: 2.31, S: 4.47

« Reply #231 on: September 13, 2014, 02:16:56 AM »

Bayh Endorsements (September 15-21, 2007)

Former GA Governor and President Jimmy Carter : When I was the president, I braved all of the challenges. A president should have: good leadership, experience and a heart to serve. Sen. Evan Bayh will lead us into peace and prosperity, not only here at home but also in abroad.

Former FL Governor Bob GrahamSad I and Sen. Bayh were former governors of our state. Looking over at his tenure, I was amazed. He was an effective governor. Now, let's not waste our chance to vote for Sen. Bayh, an effective leader.

Former NV Governor and Senator Richard Bryan :  Experience should be the theme of this campaign. As a public servant for 21 years, Sen. Evan Bayh knows how to solve the tough problems and issues that our nation is facing now. I trust Sen. Bayh, he will make America a better nation than today

Americans United for Separation of Church and State: Sen. Bayh ensures that all of us Americans will have religious freedom if we have the church-state separation.

Tampa Bay TimesSad It is very odd for us to endorse a candidate not from Florida or the Deep South. However, we believe that only Sen. Evan Bayh of Indiana can solve the tough challenges that our nation is facing today.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #232 on: September 13, 2014, 02:35:54 AM »

Mark Sanford Bipartisan Debate Answers

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm glad you asked this, because this goes right to the core of what this campaign is all about. When we elected Rudy Giuliani in 2004, we were promised a presidency that would stand for the basic conservative values that the Republican Party embodies. Among these values are fiscal responsibility, limited government, free markets, and preserving liberty. I'm here on this stage and crisscrossing the country because our President has failed to live up to these standards. Unfortunately, I see too many things on his agenda that resemble another big-government liberal's plans, and that sure ain't what I or millions of others intended to vote for last election. People know where I stand, though, and they know that I'm a solid conservative who's always been fighting for the little guy. I believe I offer a stark contrast to President Giuliani and his ambitions.

That's not to say that the President has been doing an abysmal job. We've had worse people in office, for sure. But talk to the average Republican voter and they'll probably tell you how they've been disappointed or frustrated with some of what he's done in office, and is continuing to do. That's what President Giuliani's record is: a disappointment. I'm an alternative with substance. I've managed South Carolina for nearly five years now and I've cut the deficit while also cutting taxes, among other accomplishments. I know how to govern, and as President, I'll work to make America even better.

You know, I actually like Howard an awful lot! *chuckles* He has tenacity, which I admire. He's not afraid to butt heads with other Democrats, as we've seen in this campaign. Politics aside, he's a good guy. I can't imagine that I would vote for him anytime soon, though. We disagree on quite a lot. I may criticize President Giuliani, but I would easily vote for him over Governor Dean. The Governor would be worse in pushing more government into our lives, accelerating spending, and raising taxes on all of us. That's not what I'm looking for in a candidate.

While protecting the environment is important, the EPA has bloated into this beast that has done more harm than good. I would definitely look into scrapping the agency as it is, and at the very least, there needs to be serious reforms to limit its powers. I've fought against the EPA for years. As Governor, I've joined with other governors to tell Washington to stop the excessive regulation that's hurting industries and people's livelihoods. We can keep our environment clean without killing so many jobs. We need more market-based solutions for the environment, just as we need them for energy. This is something I'll actively work towards as President, and once it takes off, we'll all be so much better for it.

Education is a top priority of mine, and it's an issue I have experience in. I've pushed reforms in my state of South Carolina to offer more choice and push accountability in the school system. I've made it clear in the past that I believe vouchers are the way to go for expanding opportunities to students. Along with public and private schools, I would fight to give parents who wish to homeschool their children more flexibility. I also agree with Governor Dean that No Child Left Behind is a deeply flawed law that neglects students' natural differences in talents, so I would work to repeal it. The less that the federal government is involved and the more that the school district and the parents are, the better. We give more and more funding to the Department of Education with no results to show, and it's about time that it be abolished, as it's clearly been a failure. Our standards in education have been declining, but I think we could work to turn it around and have our students be the best in all areas once more.

Framing it like this, I suppose I would rate myself as a 7 or a 8. My general mindset is that the less government interference we have, the better. I see a federal government that has its arms wrapped around the economy, and it doesn't even know that it's strangling it. There are plenty of areas where we can cut back in government, and the free market has proven to be the best economic system in mankind's history. We can count on entrepreneurs and innovators to do what government cannot and put us on a path to prosperity for the future. Now, I'm not an anarchist--I've never believed that we should scrap the whole system and let everyone go wild. What I'm arguing for is a modest, limited government that doesn't overtax and overspend. Both Democrats and Republicans have been guilty of making this fiscal mess we're in, and what we need is someone in the White House who has a vision and who can lead so we put ourselves back on track again.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #233 on: September 13, 2014, 04:39:09 AM »

Ralph '08: The Great Lakes Week

September 15th, 2007: Minnesota
- Flight to Minneapolis, MN
- Rally in Minneapolis, MN
- Rally in Saint Paul, MN
- Rally in Rochester, MN

September 16th, 2007: Wisconsin
- Drive to Eau Claire, WI
- Barnstorming with Russ Feingold in Eau Claire, WI
- Barnstorming with Russ Feingold in Wasau, WI
- Barnstorming with Russ Feingold in Green Bay, WI

September 17th, 2007: Wisconsin
- Town Hall with Russ Feingold in Appleton, WI
- Town Hall with Russ Feingold in Oshkosh, WI
- Town Hall with Russ Feingold and Tammy Baldwin in Madison, WI
- Fundraising with Russ Feingold and Tammy Baldwin in Madison, WI

September 18th, 2007: Michigan
- Flight to Grand Rapids, MI
- Rally in Grand Rapids, MI
- Rally in Lansing, MI
- Rally in Bay City, MI
- Rally in Flint, MI

September 19th, 2007: Michigan and Ohio
- Meet & Greet in Ann Arbor, MI
- Meet & Greet in Detroit, MI
- Meet & Greet in Monroe, MI
- Meet & Greet in Toledo, OH

September 20th, 2007: Ohio
- Barnstorming with Dennis Kucinich in Lorain, OH
- Barnstorming with Dennis Kucinich in Downtown Cleveland, OH
- Barnstorming with Dennis Kucinich in Strongsville, OH
- Fundraising with Dennis Kucinich and Ohio Green Party candidates in Cleveland, OH

September 21st, 2007: Illinois
- Flight to Chicago, IL
- Town Hall in Downtown Chicago, IL
- Town Hall in Schaumburg, IL
- Town Hall in Rockford, IL
- Town Hall in Dekalb, IL
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #234 on: September 13, 2014, 04:52:07 AM »

Ralph '08: Building for the Future (TV SPOT)

Hi. I'm Ralph Nader. You probably know me, I was that spoiler candidate in Florida seven years ago. Next year, I want to run for President again. I believe America needs a change, a turn for the future. I would like to see an America not dependant of Middle East Oil Barons, but using its own renewable energy sources. I would like to see an America where everyone can get a job, and the ones who have on do not have to fear that his employer goes off to Mexico. I would like to see an America where everyone has the same chances, and can become whatever he wants, yes even you little Jimmy! I would like to see this America in the future, and we need to build this America, build for the future.

I am Ralph Nader, and I approve this message.
Paid for by the Nader for President Committee

To be aired in the following states:
(Top targets in dark green)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #235 on: September 13, 2014, 06:55:38 AM »

Lincoln Endorsements, III

Gov. Jodi Rell (R-CT)

I call B.S. There's a snowball's chance in hell that Rell, a Republican, would back Southern Democrat Lincoln, a Democrat, over the New England, Moderate Republican President Giuliani.
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #236 on: September 13, 2014, 06:59:50 AM »

Ad: Life of Evan
September 15-21, 2007

I'm Evan Bayh and I approve this message

The person that you are looking now is Sen. Evan Bayh. Born in Indiana, son of Former Sen. Birch Bayh.

A dedicated lawyer, chose to run for public office in 1986.

There his service for the state of Indiana starts, when he became the Secretary of State of Indiana. Three years later, Evan Bayh became the governor of Indiana. He implemented a $ 1.6 billion tax cut which is the largest in the state’s history, modernized the state’s education, created more jobs, and was elected Senator in 1998 and still, his job is not yet done.

Change? Vote for Evan Bayh, a man fighting for change.

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #237 on: September 13, 2014, 07:46:07 AM »

Statement from the Giuliani Campaign
Chief Pollsters Neil Newhouse and Bill McInturff

The campaign, with help from various polling firms from across the nation, has completed multiple surveys of likely voters from across the nation. These polls were conducted with the least biased and least partisan methods possible.

Iowa - Republican Nomination
President Giuliani - 57%
Governor Sanford - 19%
Fmr. Speaker Gingrich - 9%
Senator Paul - 4%
Undecided - 11%

New Hampshire - Republican Nomination
President Giuliani - 65%
Governor Sanford - 13%
Senator Paul - 7%
Fmr. Speaker Gingrich - 4%
Undecided - 11%

Wyoming - Republican Nomination
President Giuliani - 57%
Senator Paul - 11%
Governor Sanford - 10%
Speaker Gingrich - 10%
Undecided - 12%

South Carolina - Republican Nomination
President Giuliani - 51%
Governor Sanford - 39%
Fmr. Speaker Gingrich - 3%
Senator Paul - 3%
Undecided - 4%

Nationwide - General Election (Giuliani v. Clinton)
President Giuliani  - 53%
Senator Clinton - 44%

Nationwide - General Election (Giuliani v. Lincoln)
President Giuliani  - 54%
Senator Clinton - 43%

Nationwide - General Election (Sanford v. Clinton)
Senator Clinton - 49%
Governor Sanford  - 43%

Nationwide - General Election (Sanford v. Lincoln)
Fmr. Senator Lincoln - 44%
Governor Sanford  - 43%
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #238 on: September 13, 2014, 11:15:58 AM »

Giuliani Campaign Ad, Running the States below:

Experience
The ad begins with video of former President making "tough decisions", playing in back and white with "The Start Spangled Banner" playing in the background. It transitions to video of Mark Sanford, also playing in black and white, while a drum beats in the background. Then, video of President Giuliani starts, playing in color, while patriotic music starts up. The ad ends with a split screen of Giuliani (on the right) and Sanford (on the left).

Narrator: The President of the United States, the leader of the free world, the Commander-in-Chief of the greatest military force on the planet. That's a lot of power and responsibility vested into one man. You want that man to know what he's doing, to be able to handle any crisis and manage any disaster.
   Who is Mark Sanford? A short-lived Congressman and a bad Governor. The Republican Party controls both houses of the South Carolina Genera, and yet they rejected nearly his entire budget. His draconian tax cuts have crippled South Carolina's economy and hurt small businesses. Mark Sanford just isn't qualified to be our President.
   Who is Rudy Giuliani? A two-term Mayor, a champion of the Middle Class, a bulwark of Liberty, a friend of the People. He knows how to govern because he's done it, and done it well. He knows how to handle a crisis because he's done it, and done it well. Rudy Giuliani - America's Mayor, America's President. Paid for by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #239 on: September 13, 2014, 04:44:10 PM »

September 15-21: Rust Belt

September 15
Barnstorm in Ohio with Gov. Kathleen Sebelius

September 16
Barnstorm in Michigan with Gov. Kathleen Sebelius

September 17
Barnstorm in Wisconsin with Gov. Kathleen Sebelius

September 18
Barnstorm in Indiana with Gov. Kathleen Sebelius

September 19
Barnstorm in Illinois with Gov. Kathleen Sebelius

September 20
Barnstorm in Iowa with Gov. Kathleen Sebelius

September 21
Barnstorm in Kansas with Gov. Kathleen Sebelius

"We need to hold on to equal pay. Women work for 76 cents on the dollar for the same work that men do. That's not right in America. We had an initiative that we were working on to raise women's pay. The Republicans have stopped it. They don't enforce these kinds of things. It's a matter of fundamental right that if we raise the minimum wage, 15 million Americans would be positively affected. We'd put money into the hands of people who work hard, who obey the rules, who play for the American dream. If we did that, we'd have more consumption ability in America, which is what we need in order to kick our economy into gear. I will fight tooth & nail to pass the minimum wage."
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #240 on: September 13, 2014, 09:37:07 PM »

Howard Dean for America - September 18th - 21st, 2007

Schedule Part Two

"It's becoming clearer to me, everyday, that we have the momentum and we are going to win this! Democrats want leadership, but most important, we want our country back from those who wish to send us to war, give our hard earned money to those who are the most well off, and want to put religion where it doesn't belong. Americans want change, and I am going to deliver! No more PAC money, no more special interests, no more cutting the American people out of the process. It is time to get rid of the electoral college! This amendment will forever change the way elections run, and I think it is for the better."

September 18th, 2007 (With Jesse Jackson and Tom Harkin)
Town Hall in Carbondale, IL
Town Hall in Quincy, IL
Barnstorming in Springfield, IL
Town Hall in Decator, IL
Town Hall in Urbana, IL

The Howard Dean Education Plan
- Increase Teacher Pay by 10%
- Focus more money in the classroom
- Bulk up Math and Science programs
- Expand federal scholarship programs for low income students
- Even out the gap between Rich and Poor schools by setting a lower limit for Education funding.
- End teacher tenure
- Free School Lunches
- Universal Pre-K
- Repeal No Child Left Behind Act, lower the effect of testing in Schools
- Create a commission to see what other improvements would work best for School Education.

September 19th, 2007 (with Jesse Jackson)
Meet and Greet in Kankakee, IL
Town Hall in Chicago Heights, IL
Barnstorming in Chicago, IL
Barnstorming in Chicago, IL
Town Hall in Chicago, IL

"America has fallen so behind in education, but my plan for education is going to put us back on the path to success. Some have said that some of it goes after the wrong people, and I say to them, my plan also offers Teachers a big raise. I will never demonize teachers because teachers are the people who make our children to adults, but I think my plan is beyond fair to them. What's fair to them, even more so than the raise, is what we do in low income schools. We raise their ability to be lifted out of poverty, along with growing their oppurtunity to go to college. In order for our country to grow again, we must work from the bottom up, not the top down."

September 20th, 2007 (With Jesse Jackson and John Conyers)
Town Hall in Kalamazoo, MI
Barnstorming in Lansing, MI - John Conyers to endorse Howard Dean
Town Hall in Jackson, MI
Barnstorming in Ann Arbor, MI
Meet and Greet in Adrian, MI

"All of you great people are here today give me hope. We are one step closer to the White House. Democrats are pumped up and excited and I see the enthusiasm every day. This President has gone too far to appease his right-wing friends, cutting taxes and growing war and it's time we put an end to it! I will balance the budget, I will make sure every man, woman, and child gets healthcare, and I'll make sure everyone has a shot at a great education. My policies may not get every single person on board, but I prefer honesty to pandering when it comes to the American people. I won't tell you lies, I will tell you the truth."

September 21st, 2007 (With John Conyers)
Town Hall in Monroe, MI
Barnstorming in Detriot, MI
Q&A on Education Policy in Detriot, MI
Meet and Greet in Warren, MI
Meet and Greet in Port Huron, MI
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #241 on: September 13, 2014, 09:52:53 PM »

Howard Dean Ad: Change

White Man: "President Giuliani has hurt our economy"
Black Woman: "I think his wars are wrong."
Hispanic Woman: "He's avoided congress on the issues"
All three together: "We need a change!"
Howard Dean: "Hi, I'm Howard Dean, and I'm not at all like President Giuliani. I will recover this economy by giving it back to the middle class, end corruption in Washington, and put forward my agenda to Congress. The people deserve their a leader who respects them, and will fight for them, not for his legacy. I'm Howard Dean, I'm running for President, and I approve this message because we need a change."

Howard Dean Ad: Democratic Values

Howard Dean: "Hi, I'm Howard Dean, and I've been a lifelong Democrat. The Party represents all of us who want a fair shot at the American Dream. Democrats, however, haven't been tough enough in the fight for their values. If I'm elected President, that won't be a problem. I will fight for change in Washington, so that every person is represented. I'm Howard Dean, I'm running for President, and I approve this message because we need a Democrat who will fight for Democratic Values."
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #242 on: September 14, 2014, 04:42:29 AM »
« Edited: September 14, 2014, 07:37:23 AM by Senator Cranberry »

Ralph '08 - Endorsements 3:

Tammy Baldwin
"We here in Wisconsin like people who fight for true progressive values. Now look who is running for the democratic nomination, the party that should be the progressive one. There we have Senators Clinton, Kerry, Landrieu, and people like former Senator Lincoln. Do you trust them to be a true representative for you in the White House? I don't. But we don't have to look out just for Democrats, let's do what our Senator Feingold did last week. There is a candidate in this race that represents our values, fights for what we care, cares for what we fight; and this candidate is no Democrat. Ladies and Gentelmen, let me present you Ralph Nader, our true choice for president!"

Matt Gonzalez
"I ran for mayor here in San Francisco as a Green candidate, and many of you gave me your support against the guy that called himself a "Democrat". Now, we have the same situation. We have dozens of guys in the battle for the nomination for president that call themselves "Democrats", yet are no more than a second Rudy Guliani in sheep's cloth. Doesn't it look similar to you as in 2003? For me, it does. Then many of you voted for me, and today, I ask you to consider the same. Not vote for me this time, but for the guy that is no Democrat but represents the values the Democratic Party says it represents. The guy that fighted tirelessly for consumer's rights, for the working man, for the environment, for everyone that can not fight for himself against Wall Street and DC interests. This man is Ralph Nader, and this man is your man!"

Michael Moore
"You remember that one time we tried to run a ficus for congress, and the guy were so scared that they refused to count the write-in votes cast for it, as soon as it became clear that the ficus would beat the representative four to one? I very well remember that time, but what is really sad about this, is that the story reoccurs everywhere in America, at every election. We are so often denied our rights to vote for more than Democrats or Republicans, it has become uncountable. There are states where no one but two candidates may get on the ballot, next fall there will be debates where they will try to just let two guys talk with each other. This is just a plain violation of our rights to choose more than just two candidates! I mean, it should be clear that I don't like Democrats or Republicans, but everyone, regardless of partisan background, should support iniatives that want to give choices on the ballot to people! Therefore, I announce the creation of the "Choices for America" initative, and I invite people from all camps, Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, Greens and Independents, to come join it, help get signatures to enable every candidate to be on the ballot in every state, and sue the state of Oklahoma for its laws enabling just Democrats and Republicans to be on their ballots!"

Earth Times
As one of the major internet environmental media and acitivism group we are proud to announce our endorsement for Ralph Nader for President. Ralph has throughout his whole life fought for a liveable America and a liveable nature for us Americans. As such, he is the natural candidate for us, as well as for American that cares for our environment.

MoveOn.org
We are a Political Action Committee comitted to progressive and liberal ideas, and no candidate in thsi race is more in touch with our values, as well as the values of every American, as Ralph Nader. He has tirelessly campaigned for the issues that matter to us, civil liberties for every American, and has proved to be a candidate that keeps his promises.

Ralph '08: Surrogate Schedule

Dennis Kucinich:
Barnstorming in Ohio

Bernie Sanders:
Barnstorming in Vermont

Rocky Anderson:
Barnstorming in Utah

Elizabeth Warren:
Barnstorming in Massachusetts

Russ Feingold:
Barnstorming in Wisconsin

Tammy Baldwin:
Barnstorming in Wisconsin

Matt Gonzalez:
Barnstorming in the San Francisco Bay Area

Michael Moore:
Barnstorming in Michigan
Organising the Choices For America Initiative

Organisations:
Fundraising, Advertising and Ad Buying for Ralph Nader and the Green Party
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #243 on: September 14, 2014, 05:57:04 PM »

Could we get one more day on this?
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #244 on: September 14, 2014, 06:17:39 PM »

Yes, if all are in agreement I'm fine with it.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #245 on: September 14, 2014, 10:10:31 PM »

OOC: fine.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #246 on: September 14, 2014, 10:33:47 PM »

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #247 on: September 14, 2014, 10:37:50 PM »

Good! Still got some stuff to do.
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #248 on: September 15, 2014, 12:09:53 AM »

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #249 on: September 15, 2014, 05:42:06 AM »

I'll end the round at 11:59 pm est tonight.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 34  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies