2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:08:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 34
Author Topic: 2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread  (Read 78112 times)
badgate
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: September 15, 2014, 12:48:46 PM »

GOTV & Talking Points

GOTV

The campaign has expanded its field operation this week. In Iowa, we now have field offices in Cedar Rapids, Des Moines, Siuox Falls, Davenport, and Iowa City. In South Carolina, there are now field offices in North Charleston and Columbia. The office openings have recruited over 1,000 enthusiastic volunteers in the two states and there are currently 665 scheduled volunteer shifts for the first week of volunteer events beginning on Oct. 1. This is truly a grassroots strategy we are relying on, and it will lead to success when the caucusing and voting begins.

Our new ad
2008 has mirrored Sen. Lincoln's schedule of Iowa, Florida, and South Carolina in the last ad cycle.

Talking Points

Blanche Lincoln has worked tirelessly for our children. As head of the Gates Foundation, Blanche put modern computers and information technology in thousands of classrooms and secured funding for school repairs and maintenance in exactly 489 school districts nationwide.

Blanche is a proud mother. She has been endorsed by the National Organization for Women, and will be a constant advocate for working mothers like herself who care about their community.

As President, Blanche Lincoln fight for union households and worker's rights. President Giuliani promised to raise the minimum wage, but when America called him to action, he bailed. Blanche has always been an advocate for not a minimum wage but a livable wage. And she strongly supports the right to assemble and collectively bargain with their employers.

Blanche Lincoln's Anti-Poverty agenda will bring millions of hardworking Americans out of poverty and lay the foundation for the next generation to get ahead in the pursuit of the American dream.

Blanche Lincoln has a comprehensive plan to help the rising costs of college be curbed for our parents and students who work so hard to get that education. Student Loans will no longer shackle the economic future of college grads, and expenses from tuition to textbooks to transportation to and from out of state colleges will be reduced thanks to the progressive policies of the Lincoln plan.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #251 on: September 15, 2014, 03:08:15 PM »

Schedule for Bill Clinton

September 15, 2007

Speech in Gabbs, Nevada

Our campaign opposes the Yucca Mountain repository, because of the high levels of seismic activity, the reality that most of Nevada's residents oppose its use, and because nuclear energy is not anymore "clean" energy than oil or coal.

Meet Voters in Lovelock, Nevada

Meet Voters in Winden, Nevada (With Harry Reid)

Meet Voters in Carter Springs, Nevada

September 16, 2007

Meet Voters in Needles, California

Meet voters in Woodcrest, California

Meet Voters in Banning, California

September 17, 2007

Meet Voters in Westfield, Iowa

Meet Voters in Le Mars, Iowa

Meet Voters in Akron, Iowa

Meet Voters in Aurelia, Iowa

September 18, 2007

Meet Voters in Quimby, Iowa

Meet voters in Milo, Iowa

Meet Voters in Cumming, Iowa

Meet Voters in Martensdale, Iowa

September 19, 2007

Meet Voters in New Hampton, New Hampshire

Meet Voters in Barnstead, New Hampshire (With Dick Swett)

Meet Voters in Gilford, New Hampshire

September 20,21

Rest
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #252 on: September 15, 2014, 05:06:58 PM »

Howard Dean for America - Press Appearances

Major Press Appearance: Howard Dean - On Hardball with Chris Matthews

Chris Matthews - "It's time for Hardball. Today we've got Former Vermont Governor and Presidential candidate Howard Dean. Governor Dean, let me tell you, I'm impressed with what you've done in Vermont, but how do you think you'll be able to do anything in Washington, much less get through your ambitious Medicare for All plan?"

Howard Dean - "Thank you, well, it won't be easy, but I have a very clear argument for Republicans against it. Healthcare costs are skyrocketing in this country, and this is an honest way to reduce costs very seriously. I have also introduced other ways to reduce costs, fading out unnecessary programs, cutting waste in Medicare and Social Security, and locking the Social Security lockbox, and my proposal is very fair and we'll be able to get it done Chris. And this is important stuff, our standards for health are going down, and yet we pay more than the rest of the world by a long shot. The only area we do better than most industrial countries in is healthcare innovation, which is why my plan allows for tax deductions for innovators to keep them in our country. The whole package is going to save this country a lot of money, and a lot of lives, and I hope the Republicans recognize that."

C.M. - "You recently came out with an education plan, that has a lot of people on your side, but some wondering whose side you're really on? So let me ask that directly: whose side are you really on?"

H.D. - "You're obviously referring to the teacher tenure portion, and I agree, that's a little more controversial than other parts, but I'm not running for President to say yes to every special interest group. My plan does a lot of good for teachers, it raises their pay immensely, and if you recall, I fight the valiant fight against charter schools and No Child Left Behind, something President Giuliani won't do. I want to expand opportunity to the lower income sector of the economy by broadening the base of education spending, putting more directly into the classroom, and grant scholarships at low interest rates to low income students, lowering the wealth gap in education. This is a win for teachers, giving them brighter students for a brighter future, and any criticism that I'm somehow against teachers is flat out false and should be rejected."

C.M. - "You already sort of addressed it, but you've been running as a no-nonsense type of guy, but let me ask - how can one man make a difference in Washington when there is 535 other people who are running with the backing of special interests? Can a President really make that much of a difference?"

H.D. - "At first it'll be sort of symbolic, but I have a PAC, DeanPAC, funded only by small donations and grassroots support, and we back candidates in Democratic Primaries that are fighters for the progressive cause. Those people must also not be taking money from special interests. If I am able to win the White House, which I think is definitely possible, we can bring in a good amount of people from that fight, and grow a base of congress that isn't held ransom by wealthy donors and special interests. One way that we can hold off special interests is getting rid of the electoral college, which forces candidates to spend money in certain states, and instead of doing that, we can try to represent all Americans."

C.M. - "Howard Dean, everyone"

H.D. - "Thanks, Chris"
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #253 on: September 15, 2014, 05:23:15 PM »

Howard Dean - Surrogate Schedules

Congressman and Civil Rights Leader John Conyers to endorse Howard Dean

"In the fight for Social Justice, only Howard Dean has really fought for civil rights in this field. He is a national leader on gay rights, African American rights, on equality, and on the fight for universal healthcare. The black community have found a leader in this man, and this man is fighting the good fight against the pocketed interests of the oil companies and military industrial complex. No doubt, Dean is the choice of Democrats in the next coming fall and in the Democratic primary."

- Congressional Duties (Sep. 15th - 18th)
- Barnstorming in Michigan (Sep. 19th - 21st)

Former Connecticut Senator and Governor Lowell Weicker backs Howard Dean

"There's no doubt about it, America's hard working families need real leadership in Washington, and Clinton and Lincoln aren't getting it done, and certainly Giuliani isn't getting it done. Howard Dean is a real reformer, committed to changing the face of Washington, because you can't change anything there if you can't change who's in charge. Instead of special interests, Howard Dean is going to put the American people in charge, and I know him well, he will listen to you."

- Barnstorming in New Hampshire (Feb. 15th-19th)
- Barnstorming in Maine (Feb. 20th, 21st)

Former Iowa State Democratic Chair Sheila Riggs to join Dean Campaign

- See GOTV operations

Dean has received endorsements from the Physicians for National Healthcare Program and American's for Democratic Action

Other Surrogates

Fmr. Senator Bill Bradley
- Barnstorming in New Jersey

Actor Martin Sheen
- Barnstorming in Oregon

Fmr. Congressman David Nagel
- Barnstorming in Iowa

Senator Tom Harkin
- Senatorial Duties
- Barnstorming in Iowa

Congresswoman Carol Shea-Porter
- Barnstorming in New Hampshire
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #254 on: September 15, 2014, 09:42:21 PM »

OOC: I'm sorry, I really wanted to play this one in an active way, but Atlasia will demand most of my time from now on due to the things I have to do and college will absorb a lot of time as well. I may appear as Trump from time to time and I will be happy to be in 2012, but so far Vilsack 2008 is over. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to endorse right away, but if I am...

Governor Vilsack withdraws from the race,
endorses Dean for President:

(Applause) Thanks so much. Well I want to thank everyone for spending a few minutes with us this morning. Today I'm announcing that we are ending this presidential campaign. Before I explain the reasons for that, I want to take an opportunity to thank my friends and my family, who have been so instrumental in this campaign, and I want to thank them from the bottom of my heart. I want to say a special thank you to the staff. There are a lot of young men and women who changed their lives, in some cases made significant decisions to uproot themselves from their families to come here and work on this campaign because they believe in me and they believed in the ideas that we were going to put forward.  

The reality however is that this process has become to a great extent about money, a lot of money. And it is clear to me that we would not be able to continue to raise money in the amounts necessary to sustain not just a campaign in Iowa and New Hampshire, but a campaign across this country. So it is money and only money that is the reason that we are leaving today. I'm proud of the campaign that we ran. I'm proud of the ideas that we put forward. Some may suggest that this has been a failed enterprise. I would say it has not been a failure. It may not have been as successful as I had hoped and wanted, but I have grown as a person and I have grown in my fondness and appreciation for the greatness of this country.

But there is another candidate with similar ideas that I'd like to support, because I believe he will be able to win despite the odds. He is a man with strong progressive views and grassroots support, a man who can fight with bold ideas that represent us and with the executive experience required to be a great President, a man who will fight for this party. That man is Governor Howard Dean, and I am proud to give him my endorsement and ask my supporters in Iowa and the entire nation to support his campaign and help him win this primary cycle.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #255 on: September 15, 2014, 10:42:29 PM »

Ugh, I had less free time than expected because of school stuff. This one is short, but I'll be sure to make next week one to remember.

Mark Sanford Campaign Schedule: September 15-21

I feel the excitement rumbling in the air, Iowa! Y'all are ready to bring some real change down in Washington for once! The President may be throwing everything he can at us now, but we shouldn't let that get in our way. This campaign has the vision and the enthusiasm. How many conservatives do you know who are excited about reelecting President Giuliani? Not many, I bet. We must move forward, keep this campaign's momentum going, and finally win these primaries!

September 15
-Meet and Greet in Waukon, IA
-Meet and Greet in Robins, IA
-Meet and Greet in Tipton, IA
-Meet and Greet in Sibley, IA
-Meet and Greet in Eldora, IA

September 16
-Meet and Greet in Belle Plaine, IA
-Meet and Greet in New Hampton, IA
-Meet and Greet in Williamsburg, IA
-Meet and Greet in Britt, IA
-Candidate Forum with Gov. Howard Dean

September 17
-Meet and Greet in Harlan, IA
-Meet and Greet in Asbury, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in West Des Moines, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Davenport, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Des Moines, IA

September 18
-Town Hall in Hanahan, SC
-Town Hall in Irmo, SC
-Town Hall in Dillon, SC
-Town Hall in Cayce, SC
-Rally and Fundraiser in Greenville, SC

September 19
-Meet and Greet in Canaan, NH
-Meet and Greet in Haverhill, NH
-Meet and Greet in Wakefield, NH
-Meet and Greet in Hopkinton, NH
-Interviews with local media

September 20
-Meet and Greet in Boscawen, NH
-Meet and Greet in Gorham, NH
-Town Hall in Newmarket, NH
-Town Hall in Hampstead, NH
-Town Hall in Pelham, NH

September 21
-Town Hall in Lebanon, NH
-Bus Tour in Salem, NH
-Bus Tour in Rochester, NH
-Bus Tour in Derry, NH
-Rally and Fundraiser in Manchester, NH

Surrogate Schedules

Jim DeMint: Rallies and Fundraisers in South Carolina
Steve Merill: Fundraisers in New Hampshire
Bob Vander Plaats: Rallies and Fundraisers in Iowa
Joe Arpaio: Rallies and Fundraisers in Iowa
Joe Scarborough: Fundraisers in New Hampshire and Florida

FreedomWorks: Ad buys in early primary states
Americans for Prosperity: Ad buys in early primary states
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #256 on: September 15, 2014, 10:45:40 PM »

Surrogates

People:
Rep. James Clyburn (D-SC) - Barnstorming in SC-6
Sen. Joe Biden (D-DE) - Barnstorming in SC
Sen. John Edwards (D-NC) - Barnstorming in Florida
Sen. Dan Mongiardo (D-KY) - Barnstorming in Iowa
Gov. Joe Manchin III (D-WV) - Hosting 2 pro-Lincoln fundraisers in West Virginia
Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-CA) Bundling for Lincoln
Gov. Jodi Rell (R-CT) - Barnstorming in New Hampshire
Gov. John Baldacci (D-ME) - Barnstorming in New Hampshire
Rep. Debbie Wasserman-Schultz (D-FL) - Barnstorming in Florida
Gov. Brian Schweitzer (D-MT) - Barnstorming in Iowa

Organizations:
NOW - Producing first ad in support of Lincoln.
Planned Parenthood - Fundraising for Lincoln
NAACP - Fundraising for Lincoln & producing TV spots for Florida and South Carolina
American Federation of Teachers - Producing mailers for Lincoln
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #257 on: September 15, 2014, 10:55:43 PM »

Gov. Jodi Rell (R-CT)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: A STATEMENT FROM GOV. RELL

Over the past week I have received many calls of support and many surprising calls of condemnation. One of those calls from the latter category have moved me to release this statement. I understand those disappointed in my endorsement, but I would ask that the trust we have developed, me your Governor, and you a citizen of Connecticut, will be enough for you to hear me out, no matter where you stand.

I am supporting former Senator and Gates Foundation CEO Blanche Lincoln for president. While I've received a lot of calls over the last week, my main concern has been the last three years. I supported President Giuliani back then; we all did. We gave him our votes and our trust. But all he's done is continue Bush's failures and impede Bush's successes. More war and more death was never the answer, but we thought President Giuliani would handle the issues in Iraq as peacefully as possible.

Now to Blanche. She is the most genuine and down to earth person who has ever run for the presidency. She is just like so many mothers and has faced the challenges of handling an important job while raising children. But that's not all. Blanche is the only candidate in this race who will follow through. Giuliani - he said he'd raise the minimum wage, all he wanted was our vote. He said he'd protect the environment, but all he wanted was our vote.

We are so hardworking here in Connecticut; and we need a President who is hardworking too. And because of that I am proud to support Blanche Lincoln for President.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #258 on: September 15, 2014, 11:28:56 PM »

Mary Landrieu Campaign Schedule:

September 15:
Rally in Nashua, NH
Rally in Dover, NH
Rally in Manchester, NH
Meet and greet in Manchester, NH

September 16:
Meet and greet in Boston, MA
Meet and greet in Springfield, MA
Meet and greet in Storrs, CT

September 17:
Rally in Schenectady, NY
Rally in Albany, NY
Meet and greet in Yonkers, NY
Rally in Queens, NY

September 18:
Rally in Jersey City, NJ
Rally in Trenton, NJ
Rally in Philadelphia, PA

September 19:
Rally in Harrisburg, PA
Rally in Gettysburg, PA
Rally in Pittsburgh, PA

September 20:
Rally in Clarksburg, WV
Rally in Charleston, WV
Rally in Roanoke, VA
Rally in Bristol, VA

September 21:
Rally at Appalachian State in Boone, NC
Rally at Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, NC
Rally in Hickory, NC
Rally in Asheville, NC
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #259 on: September 15, 2014, 11:38:09 PM »

Mary Landrieu Surrogate Schedule:

Chet Culver: Barnstorming in Des Moines, Iowa
Jeanne Shaheen: Barnstorming in Nashua, New Hampshire
John Lynch: Barnstorming in Manchester, New Hampshire
Jim Hodges: Barnstorming in Charleston, South Carolina
Paul Hodes: Barnstorming in Dover, New Hampshire
Barack Obama: Barnstorming in Chicago, Illinois
Lawton Chiles: Barnstorming in Jacksonville, Florida
Kathleen Blanco: Barnstorming in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Claire McCaskill: Barnstorming in  St. Louis, Missouri

AFSCME, Americans for Tax Fairness, Change to Win, AFL-CIO, National Education Association: Sending mailers, distributing pamphlets, emailing, calling members about supporting Senator Landrieu in the Democratic primaries.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #260 on: September 15, 2014, 11:44:07 PM »

Senator Landrieu has always worked hard for Louisiana, during her tenure as Senator she has fought for the hard working Americans that make this country strong, she has received the endorsement of many unions, such as the AFL-CIO and the National Education Association. Senator Landrieu has worked with both sides of the political aisle, whether in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, or in Washington D.C. and has always stayed true to her core Democratic beliefs. If you want a new course for America, vote for Senator Landrieu on [insert primary day in state aired].

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #261 on: September 16, 2014, 05:53:27 AM »
« Edited: September 16, 2014, 01:31:10 PM by NHI »

Round 4: September 22-30, 2007

DEAN-MENTUM!?
The Former Vermont Governor is proving to be more than a dark horse in the 2008 Democratic Primary, so are calling him the party's knight in shining armor. The little-known governor from a state with a little over half-a million people is coming on strong in the race for the Democratic nomination, passing longtime frontrunners Blanche Lincoln and Hillary Clinton in the battleground states of Iowa and New Hampshire.

In Iowa Dean is now leading the pack, with Blanche Lincoln in second. Dean has also and has pulled away of Hillary Clinton in New Hampshire, who has now slipped to third behind Massachusetts Senator John Kerry. Much credit to Dean's success continues to be his fundraising prowess and campaign message which is drawing new voters into the process, including college aged students, who while visible in 2004 did not play as an active role in the Biden-Giuliani race. Dean's campaign seems to be banking on turning out their support in 2008.D Dean, also earned the endorsement of Tom Vilsack, now making Iowa a competitive battleground heading into the caucuses.

Blanche Lincoln continues to see her numbers remain consistent. A recent internal campaign poll showed her beating possible Republican nominee Mark Sanford in a hypothetical match up 45 to 44 percent. Lincoln has also rolled out a new set of endorsements. Some pundits speculate the possibility of the race coming down to a Lincoln-Dean match up. Both are proving to be excellent fundraisers and are building the campaign infrastructure needed. If 2004 is any indication it is likely to be a long race. Senator Lincoln, herself even said she doesn't expect the nomination to be a coronation after three contests.

Evan Bayh remains a candidate to watch. He is tied for third with Clinton in Iowa and is creeping up in New Hampshire as well. In a potential Dean-Lincoln fight he could play a spoiler at worst, or a dark horse at best. Only time will tell as the campaign moves closer towards Iowa.

John Kerry remains a candidate who, while on the back burner. He is polling second in New Hampshire behind Dean and continues to devout his energy into the first in the nation primary, which if won or strong finished will serve as a springboard for future primaries.

Mary Landrieu is still in the race, but has yet to have a breakout moment. She is a polling in low double digits now in Iowa, but still has a way to go. She does seem to be focusing on the southern states, which is largely her base, where if successful this will be a two-person race with Blanche Lincoln. Much of Landrieu's success depends on her performance in Iowa. Currently, she is in a three-way tie with Hillary Clinton and Evan Bayh for third place in Iowa.

Hillary Clinton is still a factor in this race, the questions are who big or how much of a factor. She is now tied for third in Iowa and has dipped to third in New Hampshire, the state many have seen as her firewall. She still has the resources to compete and can remain in the race for a the long haul, but a loss or poor showing in either state will certainly not help her campaign. Many believe Clinton needs to jump start her primary campaign. She polls the best against Giuliani and easily defeats Sanford, but more needs to be done to rally primary voters to her cause.

Ralph Nader is making himself know this week, unveiling a new list of supporters and building his campaign infrastructure. He's running a new ad in fifteen states, some in which Dennis Kucinich carried in 2004. It's still a long way till next November, but Nader is taking the right steps to build the campaign which will be needed to compete on the level Kucinich did four years ago.

Mark Sanford, the strongest of President Giuliani's challengers in playing hard for both Iowa and South Carolina, the two places where he believes he can either beat the President or deliver a strong performance a la Pat Buchanan in 1992. Polls continue to show Giuliani leading Sanford by healthy margins, as well as the President topping his Democratic rivals. Giuliani's strategy continues to be working and most pundits fully expect the President to easily dismiss his challengers and be renominated in St. Paul next August.

Though Mark Sanford continues to make his case to voters, even appearing at a joint-bipartisan debate forum with Governor Dean. The forum was an opportunity for the candidates to contrast their difference and appeal to primary voters.

Democratic Primary Preference Poll: September 2007
Hillary Clinton: 17%
Blanche Lincoln: 17%
Howard Dean: 17%
Evan Bayh: 14%
John Kerry: 11%
Mary Landrieu: 10%
Undecided: 14%

Iowa Caucuses Democratic Preference Poll: September 2007
Howard Dean: 19%
Blanche Lincoln: 15%
Hillary Clinton: 14%
Mary Landrieu: 14%
John Kerry: 10%
Undecided: 15%

New Hampshire Primary Preference Poll: September 2007
John Kerry: 16%
Evan Bayh: 13%
Blanche Lincoln: 12%
Undecided: 24%

Democratic South Carolina Primary Preference Poll: September 2007
Blanche Lincoln: 19%
Mary Landrieu: 18%
Hillary Clinton: 13%
Howard Dean: 12%
John Kerry: 10

Republican Iowa Caucuses Preference Poll: September 2007
Rudy Giuliani: 52%
Mark Sanford: 26%
Newt Gingrich: 9%
Undecided: 13%

Republican New Hampshire Primary Preference Poll: September 2007
Rudy Giuliani: 64%
Mark Sanford: 19%
Undecided: 8%

Republican South Carolina Primary Preference Poll: September 2007
Rudy Giuliani: 49%
Mark Sanford: 42%
Newt Gingrich: 4%
Undecided: 5%

This Round will Close on Saturday @ 11:59 pm est.
After this round the game will move to November 25 and carry on from there. In the interval since there will no round through October and most November, before the start please update what the campaigns have been doing during those eight weeks; in order to reflect polling for Round 5.

Round 5 will also begin with a debate, and as we get closer to January I will be doing a profile article on each of the candidates for the Democratic and Republican Primaries.

Good luck and again great job everyone!

Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lt. Gov. RGN
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix
E: 2.31, S: 4.47

« Reply #262 on: September 16, 2014, 06:22:42 AM »

Round 4: September 22-30, 2007

DEAN-MENTUM!?
The Former Vermont Governor is proving to be more than a dark horse in the 2008 Democratic Primary, so are calling him the party's knight in shining armor. The little-known governor from a state with a little over half-a million people is coming on strong in the race for the Democratic nomination, passing longtime frontrunners Blanche Lincoln and Hillary Clinton in the battleground states of Iowa and New Hampshire.

In Iowa Dean is now leading the pack, with Blanche Lincoln in second. Dean has also and has pulled away of Hillary Clinton in New Hampshire, who has now slipped to third behind Massachusetts Senator John Kerry. Much credit to Dean's success continues to be his fundraising prowess and campaign message which is drawing new voters into the process, including college aged students, who while visible in 2004 did not play as an active role in the Biden-Giuliani race. Dean's campaign seems to be banking on turning out their support in 2008.D Dean, also earned the endorsement of Tom Vilsack, now making Iowa a competitive battleground heading into the caucuses.

Blanche Lincoln continues to see her numbers remain consistent. A recent internal campaign poll showed her beating possible Republican nominee Mark Sanford in a hypothetical match up 45 to 44 percent. Lincoln has also rolled out a new set of endorsements. Some pundits speculate the possibility of the race coming down to a Lincoln-Dean match up. Both are proving to be excellent fundraisers and are building the campaign infrastructure needed. If 2004 is any indication it is likely to be a long race. Senator Lincoln, herself even said she doesn't expect the nomination to be a coronation after three contests.

Evan Bayh remains a candidate to watch. He is tied for third with Clinton in Iowa and is creeping up in New Hampshire as well. In a potential Dean-Lincoln fight he could play a spoiler at worst, or a dark horse at best. Only time will tell as the campaign moves closer towards Iowa.

John Kerry remains a candidate who, while on the back burner. He is polling second in New Hampshire behind Dean and continues to devout his energy into the first in the nation primary, which if won or strong finished will serve as a springboard for future primaries.

Mary Landrieu is still in the race, but has yet to have a breakout moment. She is a polling in low double digits now in Iowa, but still has a way to go. She does seem to be focusing on the southern states, which is largely her base, where if successful this will be a two-person race with Blanche Lincoln. Much of Landrieu's success depends on her performance in Iowa. Currently, she is in a three-way tie with Hillary Clinton and Evan Bayh for third place in Iowa.

Hillary Clinton is still a factor in this race, the questions are who big or how much of a factor. She is now tied for third in Iowa and has dipped to third in New Hampshire, the state many have seen as her firewall. She still has the resources to compete and can remain in the race for a the long haul, but a loss or poor showing in either state will certainly not help her campaign. Many believe Clinton needs to jump start her primary campaign. She polls the best against Giuliani and easily defeats Sanford, but more needs to be done to rally primary voters to her cause.

Ralph Nader is making himself know this week, unveiling a new list of supporters and building his campaign infrastructure. He's running a new ad in fifteen states, some in which Dennis Kucinich carried in 2004. It's still a long way till next November, but Nader is taking the right steps to build the campaign which will be needed to compete on the level Kucinich did four years ago.

Mark Sanford, the strongest of President Giuliani's challengers in playing hard for both Iowa and South Carolina, the two places where he believes he can either beat the President or deliver a strong performance a la Pat Buchanan in 1992. Polls continue to show Giuliani leading Sanford by healthy margins, as well as the President topping his Democratic rivals. Giuliani's strategy continues to be working and most pundits fully expect the President to easily dismiss his challengers and be renominated in St. Paul next August.

Though Mark Sanford continues to make his case to voters, even appearing at a joint-bipartisan debate forum with Governor Dean. The forum was an opportunity for the candidates to contrast their difference and appeal to primary voters.

Democratic Primary Preference Poll: September 2007
Hillary Clinton: 17%
Blanche Lincoln: 17%
Undecided: 14%

Iowa Caucuses Democratic Preference Poll: September 2007
Blanche Lincoln: 15%
Mary Landrieu: 14%

New Hampshire Primary Preference Poll: September 2007
John Kerry: 15%
Blanche Lincoln: 11%
Tom Vilsack: 7%
Mary Landrieu: 8%
Undecided: 22%

Democratic South Carolina Primary Preference Poll: September 2007
Blanche Lincoln: 19%
Mary Landrieu: 18%
Hillary Clinton: 13%
Howard Dean: 12%
John Kerry: 10

Republican Iowa Caucuses Preference Poll: September 2007
Rudy Giuliani: 52%
Mark Sanford: 26%
Undecided: 13%

Republican New Hampshire Primary Preference Poll: September 2007
Rudy Giuliani: 64%
Undecided: 8%

Republican South Carolina Primary Preference Poll: September 2007
Rudy Giuliani: 49%
Mark Sanford: 42%
Newt Gingrich: 4%
Undecided: 5%

This Round will Close on Saturday @ 11:59 pm est.
After this round the game will move to November 25 and carry on from there. In the interval since there will no round through October and most November, before the start please update what the campaigns have been doing during those eight weeks; in order to reflect polling for Round 5.

Round 5 will also begin with a debate, and as we get closer to January I will be doing a profile article on each of the candidates for the Democratic and Republican Primaries.

Good luck and again great job everyone!

The Bayh Campaign would like to have the polls in Nevada, Michigan and Florida, and the general elections match-ups. Thank You
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #263 on: September 16, 2014, 11:37:52 AM »
« Edited: September 16, 2014, 11:40:40 AM by badgate »

OOC: Did Vilsack drop out? He's in the New Hampshire poll, but none of the others.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #264 on: September 16, 2014, 01:25:14 PM »

Vilsack did drop out, that change needs to be made (and added to Deans lead Tongue)
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #265 on: September 16, 2014, 01:31:48 PM »

Vilsack did drop out, that change needs to be made (and added to Deans lead Tongue)

Corrected. I accidentally left him in the NH one.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #266 on: September 16, 2014, 03:35:48 PM »

Schedule for Bill Clinton

September 22, 2007

Meet Voters in Loris, South Carolina

Meet Voters in Nichols, South Carolina

Meet Voters in Mullins, South Carolina

Meet Voters in Hemingway, South Carolina

Meet Voters in Kingstree, South Carolina

September 23, 2007

Meet Voters in Jamestown, South Carolina

Speech in Hanahan, South Carolina

President Giuliani is trying to rig the Republican primary race by naming his chief rival, Governor Sanford to his Vice-Presidential shortlist. This is demeaning and insults the intelligence of Republican primary voters, and voters in South Carolina as whole. If the President wants to name Governor Sanford as Vice-President, then for his own best interests, he should wait for Sanford to drop out of the race on his own terms.

Meet Voters in Goose Creek, South Carolina

Meet Voters in Sangaree, South Carolina

September 24, 2007

Meet Voters in Thunderbolt, Georgia

Meet Voters in Waldo, Alabama

September 25, 2007

Film Guest Appearance on Pushing Daisies (as self), Episode to air April 2008

September 26-30, 2007
Phone Bank Iowa and New Hampshire Phone Numbers, from the Mall of New Hampshire 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #267 on: September 16, 2014, 03:41:45 PM »

Rudy Giuliani Campaign Schedule for Sept. 22nd-30th, 2007

President Giuliani's 2008 Campaign Staff
Honorary Co-Chairmen: Dick Cheney and Tim Pawlenty
Campaign Manager: Mary Matalin
Chief of Staff: Joe Allbaugh
Press Secretary: Dana Perino
Finance Director: Fred Malek
Chief Pollsters: Neil Newhouse and Bill McInturff
Co-Directors of the Vice Presidential Search Committee: Kay Hutchison, Beth Myers, and Matt Rhodes

September 22nd, 2007; New Hampshire
-- Tour Catholic Medical Center, Manchester, NH with Gov. Lynch and Senator Shaheen
-- Lecture on “Modern American Government” at Saint Anselm College
-- Forum at Saint Anselm College
-- Fly to Michigan

September 23rd, 2007; Michigan
-- Meet-and-Greet at Southeastern High School, Detroit, MI
-- Tour MGM Grand Detroit with Sen. Levin and Sen. Stabenow
-- Meet-and-Greet at Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
-- Fly to Washington

September 24th, 2007; Washington, D.C.
-- Meeting with Speaker Hastert, Rep. Boehner, Rep. Cantor, Rep. Pelosi, and Rep. Hoyer
-- Presidential Duties
-- Meeting with Sen. McConnell, Sen. Kyle, Sen. Reid, and Sen. Durbin

September 25th, 2007; Washington, D.C.
-- Tour Walter Reed Army Medical Center
-- Meet with veterans at Walter Reed Army Medical Center
-- Cabinet Meeting
-- Presidential Duties
-- Fly to Nevada

September 26th, 2007; Nevada
-- Meet-and-Greet at Nevada State College
-- Speech at Nevada State College on fiscal conservatism
-- Tour Yucca Mountain with Gov. Gibbons

September 27th, 2007; Nevada
-- Tour Nevada Test and Training Range Site with Gov. Gibbons
-- Meet with military personnel at Nellis AFB
-- Fly in a F-15 Eagle
-- Fly to Colorado

September 28th, 2007; Colorado
-- Tour Denver Union Station
-- Fundraiser in Denver, CO with Fmr. Gov. Owens and Fmr. Lt. Gov. Norton
-- Meet with students at the University of Denver

September 29th, 2007; Colorado
-- Meet students at Columbine High School in Littleton, CO
-- Speech at Columbine High School on gun violence
-- Meet with parents of the victims of the Columbine Massacre

September 30th, 2007; Colorado
-- Tour Peterson AFB
-- Meet with NORAD Leaders
-- Tour Cheyenne Mountain AFB and nuclear bunker
-- Fly to Washington
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #268 on: September 16, 2014, 10:56:00 PM »

Howard Dean - The Real Deal?

Des Moines, Iowa -- A crowd of five thousand stands outside the venue. There's even a line outside. It's almost like it was a concert, and, by average event goer age, it was. But it wasn't, it was a Howard Dean event. But even beyond age, you couldn't tell the difference sometimes. Dean, a very energetic campaigner, rocked the crowd, trashing President Giuliani, talking about universal healthcare, and promoting a bold plan to reform education. Loud, thunderous applause on each point like songs. Some in the audience even shouted for an encore.

This is emblematic of why the Former Governor of Vermont, originally considered the darkest of dark horses, has risen to the front of the Democratic primaries. His message, populist at its core, targets the way politics has been done recently, claiming he will avoid special interests. Dean advisor Former Governor Jerry Brown is forming the campaign around his 1992 campaign, running to the left of the rest of the candidates, but most importantly, refusing to accept PAC money and special interest donations. In spite of that, Dean has raised significant funds for the Presidency, out-raising both Former Arkansas Senator Blanche Lincoln and New York Senator Hillary Clinton, the original frontrunners.

Unlike Brown's campaign in 1992, Dean has a very sophisticated operation. Run by former CEO Roy Neel, Dean has created a vast internet presence, strong placings in Iowa and New Hampshire, and a grassroots operation the likes of which hasn't been seen in a Democratic candidacy since McGovern. He's been praised for ambitious policy, running on universal healthcare, boosts in education, balancing the budget, and a large hike of the minimum wage. While some view him as the darling of the left, Dean has also moved toward the center in his proposals too, pushing for the end of teacher tenure and cutting taxes for middle class families. This may be another sign of his success.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #269 on: September 18, 2014, 12:10:32 AM »

Lincoln Endorsements, IV

Rep. James Matheson (D-UT)

Gov. Brad Henry (D-OK)

Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr. (D-IL)

Sen. Maria Cantwell (D-WA)

Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #270 on: September 18, 2014, 01:13:26 AM »

Not sure why Jesse Jackson and his son would endorse such radically different people, but okay.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #271 on: September 18, 2014, 02:31:28 AM »

Statement from Lincoln campaign

For the next week, Blanche Lincoln will embark on an extensive tour across the country, receiving in person the endorsement of eleven respected and honorable public officials. On the tour, Senator Lincoln will tout her 5-point plan to eradicate poverty, and each stop will include campus stops where Senator Lincoln will discuss her vision for America and her higher ed proposals. By the start of October, more Democrats in America will know why Senator Lincoln is running for president and why she is the right choice than they'll know about any of the other candidates.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #272 on: September 18, 2014, 08:45:54 AM »

John McCain

On the Campaign Trail for Rudy Giuliani!

September 22, 2007 - Iowa

GOTV Rally in Urbandale, IA.
Town Hall in Urbandale, IA.
Town Hall in Marion, IA.
Rally in Coralville, IA.

September 23, 2007 - Iowa

Meet and Greet in Denison, IA.
Town Hall in Le Mars, IA.
Town Hall in Shenandoah, IA.
Rally in Moville, IA.

September 24, 2007 - Iowa

Meeting with Campaign Volunteers in Des Moines, IA.
Town Hall in Des Moines, IA.
GOTV Rally in West Des Moines, IA.
Rally in Ames, IA.
Rally in Des Moines, IA.

September 25, 2007 - South Carolina

Meeting with Campaign Volunteers in Columbia, SC.
Town Hall in Forest Acres, SC.
Town Hall in Eastover, SC.
GOTV Rally in Arcadia Lakes, SC.

September 26, 2007 - South Carolina

GOTV Rally in Pacolet, SC.
Town Hall in Campobello, SC.
Town Hall in Spartanburg, SC.
Rally in Spartanburg, SC.

September 27, 2007 - South Carolina

GOTV Rally in Union, SC.
Meet and Greet in York, SC.
Town Hall in Fort Mill, SC.
Rally in Rock Hill, SC.

September 28, 2007 - South Carolina

Town Hall in Rock Hill, SC.
Town Hall in Florence, SC.
Meet and Greet in Lake City, SC.
GOTV Rally in Mount Pleasant, SC.
Rally in Charleston, SC.

September 29, 2007 - DC/New Hampshire

Congressional Duties in Washington, DC.
Fundraiser in Washington, DC.
Town Hall in Lebanon, NH.
GOTV Rally in Manchester, NH.

September 30, 2007 - New Hampshire

Town Hall in Merrimack, NH.
GOTV Rally in Nashua, NH.
Town Hall in Pelham, NH.
Meet and Greet in Derry, NH.
Rally in Atkinson, NH.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #273 on: September 18, 2014, 09:18:35 AM »

Nevada Caucuses Poll: Democrats

Evan Bayh: 16%
Blanche Lincoln: 14%
Mary Landrieu: 9%
Undecided: 18%

Nevada Caucuses Poll: Republicans
Rudy Giuliani: 60%
Undecided: 12%

Michigan Primary Poll: Democrats
Evan Bayh: 18%
Hillary Clinton: 16%
Blanche Lincoln: 14%
Howard Dean: 14%
Undecided: 17%

Michigan Primary Poll: Republicans
Rudy Giuliani: 63%
Newt Gingrich: 8%
Undecided: 10%
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #274 on: September 18, 2014, 09:31:11 AM »

Ralph Nader '08 - On the shores of the Pacific - Part 1

September 22nd, 2007 Alaska
Flight to Anchorage, AK
Town Hall in Anchorage, AK
Meet & Greet in Wasilla, AK
Flight to Fairbanks, AK
Speech before students of Alaska State University in College, AK

"Up here in Lone Star State, one can still experience the extreme beauty of our nature in so many place, untouched and unspoiled; while at the same the people here suffer from no imposes and restrictions in their daily life protecting nature that would seriously affect their lifes. If I am elected president, I want to make our whole nation a place more like Alaska in this prospect. You here in Alaska showed our nation what we can do to make our country a beautiful place living side-by-side with our natural beauty, and the best we can do is follow your lead!"

September 23rd, 2007 Alaska
Rally in Fairbanks, AK
Flight to Juneau, AK
Town Hall in Juneau, AK
Flight to Sitka, AK
Barnstorming in Sitka, AK
Night flight to Honolulu, HI

September 24th, 2007 Hawai'i
Meet & Greet in Downtown Honolulu, HI
Town Hall in Pearl City, HI
Rally in Kailua, HI
Flight to Hilo, HI