2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:16:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 34
Author Topic: 2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread  (Read 77801 times)
badgate
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: September 23, 2014, 01:39:10 PM »

Statement from Lincoln Campaign

What today's polls show is that Blanche Lincoln is the strongest candidate to take on any Republican candidate on election day 2008. While Hillary Clinton was once thought to be the strongest General election candidate, it is now Lincoln who holds the narrowest deficit agains President Giuliani and holds the largest lead against Governor Sanford. Today's polls are a clear indication that the American people are on our side, and with a united party this will be an historic election in which the first woman in history will be elected President of the United States.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #326 on: September 23, 2014, 03:34:30 PM »

Rudy Giuliani Campaign Schedule for Nov. 25th - Dec. 1st, 2007

President Giuliani's 2008 Campaign Staff
Honorary Co-Chairmen: Dick Cheney and Tim Pawlenty
Campaign Manager: Mary Matalin
Chief of Staff: Joe Allbaugh
Press Secretary: Dana Perino
Finance Director: Fred Malek
Chief Pollsters: Neil Newhouse and Bill McInturff
Co-Directors of the Vice Presidential Search Committee: Kay Hutchison, Beth Myers, and Matt Rhodes

November 25th, 2007; South Carolina
-- Speech at Wofford College
-- Meet-and-Greet at Wofford College
-- Meeting with veterans in Spartanburg, SC

November 26th 2007; South Carolina
-- Visit the First Presbyterian Church on Meeting Street
-- Meet-and-Greet with local religious youths in Charleston, SC
-- Fundraiser in Charleston, SC
-- Fly to Florida

November 27th 2007; Florida
-- Meeting with Governor Crist in Tallahassee, FL
-- Meet-and-Greet with local school children in Tallahassee, FL with Gov. Crist
-- Tour John Paul II Catholic High School with Gov. Crist
-- Fly to Washington

November 28th 2007; Washington
-- Cabinet Meeting
-- Meeting with American Legion Leadership
-- Meeting with President Joe Shirley, Jr. of the Navajo Nation

November 29th 2007; Washington
-- Meeting with Speaker Hastert and Rep. Boehner
-- Meeting with Senator McConnell and Senator Kyle
-- Lunch with Rep. Pelosi and Rep. Hoyer
-- Meeting with Senator Kerry and Senator Biden

November 30th 2007; Washington
-- Meeting with senior campaign staff
-- Meeting with VP Hutchison and the VP Search Committee
-- Fly to Arizona

November 31st 2007; Arizona
-- Tour Window Rock High School
-- Meeting with President Joe Shirley, Jr. and VP Ben Shelly of the Navajo Nation
-- Meet-and-Greet with members of the Navajo nation

December 1st 2007; Arizona
-- Meeting with Rep. Rick Renzi, Rep. Jeff Flake, and Sen. McCain
-- Tour Gila Community College with Rep. Renzi, Rep. Flake, and Sen. McCain
-- Tour the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community with Rep. Renzi, Rep. Flake, and Sen. McCain
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #327 on: September 24, 2014, 01:28:08 AM »

Lincoln Campaign Schedule

Week One
High off the media blitz of the endorsement tour around the country, the Lincoln campaign held its first volunteer events the first week of October. In the states of Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina, a total of 2,235 volunteers showed up for phone banks and house meetings in support of Lincoln. The campaign has already purchased the voter rolls of registered Democrats in these three states, as well as Florida, Nevada, and Michigan.

Blanche Lincoln spent the week focusing on national media, appearing on Real Time with Bill Maher, Meet The Press, a 6-minute segment on 60 Minutes, The View, Good Morning America, and a co-appearance with Sen. Mary Landrieu on The Today Show where Landrieu officially endorsed Lincoln for President.[/b]

Week Two
The campaign turned to its next phase of accepting applications for new staff and tasking most surrogates with bundling donations in preparation for a field infrastructure expansion at the end of November.

Blanche Lincoln spent the week in the southern states of Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, a stop in her hometown of Helena, AK, and final in Louisiana for a 2,100-strong rally with Sen. Mary Landrieu. Lincoln pressed the historical nature of her candidacy and the fact that she is the only southerner running.

Week Three
The fundraising continues, with Lincoln splitting her time between fundraisers organized by surrogates and the organizations that have endorsed her, and appearances exclusively in Iowa. The volunteer events continued as well, with an average of 4,909 volunteers nationally.

Week Four
The campaign has begun vetting new field office locations in many cities in the states of Iowa, Michigan, Nevada, South Carolina, and Florida. The volunteer events have expanded to canvassing in IA, SC, and NH, as well as voter registration with a focus on the college campuses in Iowa and Florida. Blanche Lincoln spent the entire week fundraising and granting interviews to print media. Her interviews appear in People, NYTimes, Des-Moines Register, Miami Herald, TIME, The Atlantic, The New Yorker, and The Economist.

Week Five
Blanche Lincoln spent the entirety of week five with her family. The campaign kept ads up in the states of Iowa, South Carolina, Florida, Nevada, and Michigan. Two print interviews were published: Rolling Stone and Newsweek

Week Six
The campaign has begun opening new field offices in Florida, Iowa, South Carolina, Nevada, and Michigan. The breakdown is below:

Field Offices By State
  • Michigan: Detroit, Ann Arbor, Grand Rapids, Traverse City, Kalamazoo, and Muskegon
  • Florida: Jacksonville, Gainesville, Tallahassee, Orlando, Miami, Tampa, St. Petersburg, Clear Water, & Ft. Lauderdale
  • South Carolina: Myrlte Beech, Greenville Florence, Charleston, Columbia
  • Nevada: Las Vegas, Reno, Caron City, Elko
  • Iowa: Sioux City, Mason City, Iowa Falls, Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Davenport, Des Moines, Council Bluffs, Mt. Pleasant, & Fort Dodge

Week Seven & Eight
The final two weeks were non-stop campaigning for Blanche Lincoln, holding field office openings across the primary states as well as events in other parts of Iowa, South Carolina, Florida, Michigan, and Nevada. Given her lead in South Carolina, only one day was spent there, whereas the other states saw at least three days of Lincoln barnstorming.
Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lt. Gov. RGN
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix
E: 2.31, S: 4.47

« Reply #328 on: September 24, 2014, 08:23:14 AM »
« Edited: September 24, 2014, 08:30:31 AM by RGN08 »

Where in the U.S.A is Sen. Bayh?

Week 1
Sen. Bayh released his health records in his campaign website. Previous ads ran NATIONWIDE. He also campaigned in Michigan, Illinois and Ohio. One fundraiser dinner each state. He also appeared on Fox News Sunday in which he answered questions regarding on his campaign, stance on issues and his releasing of his health records.

Week 2
Sen. Bayh taped ads with some of his surrogates. He also appeared on Hardball with Chris Matthews and Countdown with Keith Olbermann. On the Sunday side, he appeared on Al Punto in which the show got it's highest ratings in it's history. Campaigned in Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine and Connecticut. One fundraiser dinner each state.

Week 3
Sen. Bayh was tapped by CNN to appear on it's shows, like Anderson Cooper 360 and Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer. He also focused on the Deep South states, especially Florida and Texas. He also held a journalists' conference on Florida and Texas. One fundraiser dinner each state

Week 4
He got a special appearance on CBS' Early Show in which he discussed about the crowded Democratic field. Now, he focused on the western states (Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico and Arizona). He also filmed new ads.

Week 5
He campaigned through the internet, launching an online channel (evanbayhforamerica),in which he promoted his views and aired his ads. He did not campaigned personally, but through the internet. He also used this week to discuss with his staff about new strategies.

Week 6
He campaigned in New York, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland and West Virginia. He also received new endorsements.

Last two weeks
He proceeded on with his traditional campaign schedule on New Hampshire, Iowa, Florida, South Carolina, Michigan and Nevada. Average attendance on each stops are 3,545 people.He also went to supermarkets, factories and other facilities to meet ordinary Americans
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #329 on: September 24, 2014, 12:48:39 PM »

Eight Weeks Later for Dean for America - Part 2

Week Five
Barnstorming in the states of California, Nevada, and Oregon with Former Governor and Key Campaign Advisor Jerry Brown and Actor Martin Sheen. Meeting with small donors, testing new potential ads, put on a new only online feature of Dean hang-outs where the candidate gives voters a chance to ask the candidate questions. Dean gave a big speech promoting his liberal record in Vermont, comparing it favorably to Evan Bayh and Blanche Lincoln. Built some new Campaign headquarters in the big delegate state.

Week Six
Howard Dean spent a week in Iowa, visiting citizens in over 20 counties. Giving town halls throughout a big chunk of rural, generally Republican areas. Dean honed his populist message, supporting farm subsidies but supporting a phase out for big agriculture, and was generally well-received by crowds in the state. He also promoted his relatively fair trade support, which was also greeted positively in the Republican region.

Week Seven
Howard Dean spent a week in New Hampshire, doing town halls all across the state. Carol Shea-Porter and Bill Bradley went with Former Vermont Governor, promoting green energy and energy independence, chastising the President's unwillingness to go to Congress for anything. Dean issued a stern, almost prophetic warning on the Giuliani plan to increase the Home Mortgage deduction. Built some new Campaign headquarters across the Northeast, a region where he is generally favored.

Week Eight
Howard Dean spent half of the week in South Carolina and half of the week in Florida. Richard Riley and Robert Wexler campaigned with him, Wexler appeared on Fox News to tout his support for the "Progressive leader who will turn around this country". Dean spent his time showing off his education policy credentials, and had a couple of interactions with angry teachers, but soothed their fears with a detailed answer. Dean continued to build his infrastructure in the South, where he has only recently begun to grow.
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #330 on: September 24, 2014, 02:10:09 PM »

Eight Weeks With Kerry

Over the course of the eight weeks, Senator John Kerry visited all 50 states. He visited and worked with grassroots volunteers, as well as doing town halls and rallies. He also appeared on some news shows.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #331 on: September 24, 2014, 06:37:02 PM »

New Endorsements for Hillary Clinton

Tallahassee Mayor John Marks III

Boston Mayor Thomas Menino

New Hampshire State Senator (District 23) Maggie Hassan

Former New Hampshire Governor Jeanne Shaheen

Virginia Governor Tim Kaine
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #332 on: September 25, 2014, 11:34:36 PM »

Lincoln Campaign Schedule

November 25, 2007 Florida
-9:30am - Forum for Democratic Voters in Miami Gardens
-12:00pm - Press Conference in Miami
-4:00pm - Rally in Fort Lauderdale
-6:30pm - Town Hall in Pompano Beach

Noevember 26, 2007 Virginia & D.C.
-10:00am - Town Hall in Fairfax
-12:15pm - Meet & Greet in Annandale
-3:00pm - Rally in Arlington
-5:30pm - Rally in Alexandria
-7:00pm - Town Hall in D.C.

November 27, 2007 West Virginia & Ohio
-9:45am - Meet & Greet in Bellaire WV
-11:30am - Rally in Wheeling WV
-1:15pm - Meet & Greet in Steubenville OH
-3:00pm - Barnstorming in Youngstown OH
-5:00pm - Town Hall in Warren OH
-7:30pm - Meet & Greet in Akron OH

November 28, 2007 Iowa
-10:00am - Meet & Greet in Davenport
-12:00pm - Town Hall in Muscatine
-1:30pm - Meet & Greet in West Liberty
-3:30pm - Rally in Iowa City
-5:30pm - Meet & Greet in Tiffin
-7:30pm - Town Hall in North Liberty

November 29, 2007 Iowa
-9:45am - Meet & Greet in Mt. Vernon
-12:00pm - Rally in Cedar Rapids
-1:45pm - Town Hall in Cedar Rapids
-3:30pm - Meet & Greet in Marion
-5:00pm - Barnstorming in Hiawatha
-7:45pm - Dinner fundraiser in Cedar Rapids

November 30, 2007 Iowa
-10:00am - Press Conference in Waterloo
-11:30am - Meet & Greet in Cedar Falls
-1:40pm - Town Hall in Independence
-3:00pm - Town Hall in Manchester
-5:00pm - Town Hall in Dyersville
-7:30pm - Rally in Dubuque

November 31, 2007 Iowa
-10:00am - Press Conference at Field Office opening in Mason City
-12:30pm - Candidate Forum in Iowa Falls
-2:30pm - Town Hall in Webster City
-4:20pm - Meet & Greet in Fort Dodge
-7:00pm - Town Hall in Boone

December 1, 2007 Iowa
-9:30am - Pre-tape interview with Ames news channels
-11:30am - Rally in Ames
-1:40pm - Town Hall in Ankeny
-3:15pm - Meet & Greet in Johnston
-5:00pm - Candidate Forum in Urbandale
-7:00pm - Rally in Des Moines
-9:00pm - Live interview on Des Moines evening news, with questions from anchors from all major stations and aired simultaneously on all channels
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #333 on: September 26, 2014, 12:58:24 AM »
« Edited: September 26, 2014, 01:05:58 AM by badgate »

TV Ad: 2008

LINCOLN: This is a year for change. I'm Blanche Lincoln, former CEO of the Gates Foundation, and candidate for President. At the Gates Foundation I worked to put thousands of new computers and information technology in the hands of underprivileged students.

LINCOLN: When I served Arkansas in the United States Senate, I was a tireless fighter for my neighbors of all political stripes, and fiercely defended the rights of workers while fighting to raise the minimum wage. When you go to caucus [or: Vote in the primary] this January, remember this: I'm Blanche Lincoln, and I'll never sell you out or for a donation. I'll never betray my values for a vote. And you'd better believe I approved this message.

TV Ad: Time for Change

It's the same stories every day. Another Giuliani crony. Another problem or lack of action.

I'd like to change that. When I worked in Washington, I was a problem-solver who never forgot where she came from.

At the Gates Foundation, I oversaw a multibillion dollar charity that put new roofs over the heads of students and new technology and knowledge at their fingertips. We opened a public defender office in 50 cities that were lacking, and helped cities update gravel roads that cause costly repairs for hardworking Americans.

I'm running for President for you, not for the red carpet. Not for big donors. I'm running to make sure you have a voice in Washington.

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #334 on: September 26, 2014, 09:24:59 AM »

Hillary Clinton Debate Responses

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Sadly my Health Care plan hasn't changed much since 1994, but give me time, I'll update it. As for working with a Republican Majority why should we assume that they will be in control of Congress almost a year out from election day? It's just to early to conclude that, or that any party will control Congress. 

First off, I'd like to point out that whoever said that clearly doesn't understand electability, as he directly contradicted themselves in their statement. As for my prospects against President Giuliani or Governor Sanford, all the candidates running have flaws of some kind that could keep them winning. I'm not alone in the Democratic Party, nor am I alone among candidates running for office.

The Patriot Act was important for the immediately post-9/11 world, but the past two administrations abused it to target those who were deemed unpatriotic, who opposed them, and who merely disagreed with them. As such, I believe it is a disgrace to even be talking about renewing the Patriot Acts, whose contributions to defeating terrorism are far outweighed by the horrific misuse that it has suffered.

If I'm elected President there is one major action that I will take. I will close Guantanamo Bay Prison, and begin efforts to return the Naval Base to Cuba, whose territory it rightfully belongs to.

This debate may be scored by winners and losers, but the real winners tonight are the Democratic Party. We have shown that no matter who wins the nomination, we will have a capable and quality nominee, and that President Giuliani, Mayor Bloomberg, Mr. Nader, and Governor Ventura should be quaking in their boots, because we can, as a party win this, and we will.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #335 on: September 26, 2014, 10:34:23 AM »

Ralph Nader drops out of Presidential Race
Cites Health Reasons
Endorsement: "America could do worse than with Howard Dean; as long as he stays true to his principles like he did as Governor of Vermont"
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #336 on: September 26, 2014, 11:55:29 AM »

BREAKING NEWS: Ralph NADER DROPS OUT PRESIDENTIAL RACE
Ralph Nader drops out of Presidential Race
Cites Health Reasons
Endorsement: "America could do worse than with Howard Dean; as long as he stays true to his principles like he did as Governor of Vermont"

Ralph Nader ended his Green Party bid for the Presidency, citing health reasons and endorsed Howard Dean for President. Nader's departure opens up the general election race, which already includes a libertarian bid by Minnesota Senator Jesse Ventura and an Independent bid by Michael Bloomberg. Some pundits see Nader's departure as a blessing to Democrats, given the success of Dennis Kucinich in 2004 and his name recognition Nader looked poised to mount a serious third party challenge. His exit looks to remake the race in a similar fashion to last year. The two main parties, with two third party challenges.

General Election Polling: November 2008

(R) Rudy Giuliani: 35% (+5)
(D) Hillary Clinton: 30%
(I) Michael Bloomberg: 23%
(L) Jesse Ventura: 7%

Undecied: 6%

(R) Rudy Giuliani: 35% (+6)
(D) Howard Dean:  29%
(I) Michael Bloomberg: 24%
(L) Jesse Ventura: 7%

Undecied: 5%

(R) Rudy Giuliani: 36% (+5)
(D)  Evan Bayh: 31%
(I) Michael Bloomberg: 20%
(L) Jesse Ventura: 8%

(R) Rudy Giuliani: 34% (+6)
(D) John Kerry: 28%
(I) Michael Bloomberg: 24%
(L) Jesse Ventura: 9%

(R) Rudy Giuliani: 36% (+5)
(D) Blanche Lincoln: 31%
(I) Michael Bloomberg: 18%
(L) Jesse Ventura: 9%

Undecied: 7%

General Election Poll: Two-Person Race

(R) Rudy Giuliani: 51% (+6)
(D) Hillary Clinton: 45%

(R) Rudy Giuliani: 51% (+5)
(D) Blanche Lincoln: 46%

(R) Rudy Giuliani: 51% (+6)
(D) Evan Bayh: 45%

(R) Rudy Giuliani: 52% (+8)
(D) Howard Dean: 44%

(R) Rudy Giuliani: 51% (+7)
(D) John Kerry: 44%

Polling Averages:

(R) Rudy Giuliani: 35.2% (+5.4)
Democrats: 29.8%
(I) Michael Bloomberg: 21.8%
(L) Jesse Ventura: 8.0%

Undecided: 5.2%

(R) Rudy Giuliani: 51.2% (+6.4)
Democrats: 44.8%
Undecided: 4.0%

Battleground States:

Ohio: Won by Giuliani +1.1% (Tossup)

New York: Won by Giuliani +4.3% (Tossup)

Montana: Won by Johnson +0.7% (Lean Giuliani)

Wisconsin: Won by Giuliani +0.9% (Tossup)

Colorado: Won by Biden +0.1% (Tossup)

Washington: Won by Kucinich +1.5% (Tossup)

Minnesota: Won by Johnson +3.7% (Tossup)

Missouri: Won by Giuliani +2.7% (Tossup)

Iowa: Won by Biden +1.2% (Tossup)

Oregon: Won by Biden +2.5% (Tossup)

Florida: Won by Giuliani +1.5% (Tossup)

Nevada: Won by Biden +1.0% (Tossup)

Kentucky: Won by Biden +1.1% (Tossup)

Connecticut: Won by Giuliani +2.3% (Tossup)

Arkansas: Won by Biden +0.6% (Lean Giuliani)

Pennsylvania: Won by Biden +1.4% (Lean Democrat)

New Jersey: Won by Giuliani +2.7% (Tossup)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #337 on: September 26, 2014, 01:17:01 PM »

Charlie Crist

On the Campaign Trail for Rudy Giuliani!

November 25, 2007 - Iowa

- GOTV Rally in Storm Lake.
- GOTV Rally in Coon Rapids.
- Town Hall in Carroll.
- Meet and Greet in Atlantic.

November 26, 2007 - Iowa

- Meet and Greet in Tipton.
- Rally in Des Moines.
- GOTV Rally in Burlington.
- GOTV Rally in Des Moines.

November 27, 2007 - Florida

- Meeting with President Giuliani in Tallahassee.
- Meet-and-Greet with local school children with President Giuliani in Tallahassee.
- Tour John Paul II Catholic High School with President Giuliani.
- Gubernatorial duties.

November 28, 2007 - South Carolina

- Town Hall in Abbeville.
- GOTV Rally in Aiken.
- Meet and Greet in North Augusta.
- GOTV Rally in Allendale.

November 29, 2007 - South Carolina

- Rally in Pageland.
- GOTV Rally in Chesterfield.
- Town Hall in Dillon.
- Town Hall in Latta.

November 30, 2007 - South Carolina

- Rally in Summerville.
- GOTV Rally in Mount Pleasant.
- Town Hall in North Charleston.
- Meeting with Campaign Volunteers in Charleston.

December 1, 2007 - South Carolina

- Meet and Greet in Charleston.
- GOTV Rally in Charleston.
- GOTV Rally in Summerville.
- Town Hall in Summerville.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #338 on: September 26, 2014, 01:35:06 PM »

John McCain

On the Campaign Trail for Rudy Giuliani!

November 25, 2007 - South Carolina

- GOTV Rally in Spartanburg.
- Meet and Greet in Woodruff.
- GOTV Rally in Sumter.
- Town Hall in Sumter.

November 26, 2007 - South Carolina

- Meet and Greet in York.
- GOTV Rally in Rock Hill.
- Town Hall in Rock Hill.
- GOTV Rally in Fort Mill.

November 27, 2007 - South Carolina

- Town Hall in Clover.
- Meet and Greet in Orangeburg.
- Town Hall in Westminster.
- Meeting with Campaign Volunteers in Columbia.

November 28, 2007 - Iowa

- GOTV Rally in West Union.
- Meet and Greet in Oelwein.
- GOTV Rally in Hampton.
- Town Hall in Sidney.

November 29, 2007 - Iowa

- GOTV Rally in Mount Pleasant.
- Meet and Greet in New London.
- Rally in Coralville.
- Town Hall in Iowa City.

November 30, 2007 - Iowa

- Meet and Greet in Iowa City.
- GOTV Rally in Fort Madison.
- GOTV Rally in Keokuk.
- Meeting with Campaign Volunteers in Des Moines.

December 1, 2007 - Arizona

- Meeting with President Giuliani, Representative Rick Renzi and Representative Jeff Flake.
- Tour Gila Community College with President Giuliani, Representative Renzi and Representative Flake.
- Tour the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community with President Giuliani, Representative Renzi and Representative Flake
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #339 on: September 26, 2014, 04:08:17 PM »

Schedule for Hillary Clinton

November 25, 2007

Meet Voters in Pleasant Hill, Iowa (With Jack Hatch and Patty Judge)

Meet Voters in Clive, Iowa

Meet Voters in Windsor Heights, Iowa (With Sally Pedersen and Frank Cownie)

Meet Voters in Grimes, Iowa

Meet Voters in Norwalk, Iowa (With Jack Hatch and Preston Daniels)

November 26, 2007

Meet Voters in Bevington, Iowa (With Dick Gephardt and Sally Pederson)

Meet Voters in East Peru, Iowa (With Patty Judge)

Speech in Winterset, Iowa (With Maria Shriver)

Once upon a time one of America's political giants, grew up here. That man was Henry Wallace, and while he turned out to be a failure as Vice-President, he's considered the greatest Secretary of Agriculture we've ever had. Now, I want to restore that department to the prominence it held during the Wallace days. There's very good reason for doing so, as USDA is responsible for some of the most impactful spending our country handles. We have the Food and Nutrition service, Food Safety and Inspection Service, The U.S Forest Service, and the Farm Crop Insurance Corporation. It's time to bring innovative leadership to this department, in the style of Henry Wallace.

November 27, 2007

Meet Voters in Irmo, South Carolina (With John Spratt and Bob Coble)

Meet Voters in Cayace, South Carolina (With John Spratt, Dick Gephardt and Bob Coble)

Meet Voters in Folly Beach, South Carolina (With John Spratt, Joseph Riley Jr, and Dick Celeste)

November 28, 2000

Meet Voters in Newberry, Florida (With Tim Kaine and Maria Shriver)

Meet Voters in Trenton, Florida (With Tim Kaine)

Meet Voters in Chiefland, Florida

Meet Voters in Yankeetown, Florida

November 29, 2007

Meet Voters in Greenville, New Hampshire (With Maggie Hassan, Jeanne Shaheen and Dick Swett)

Meet Voters in Mount Vernon, New Hampshire (With Maggie Hassan and Jeanne Shaheen)

Meet Voters in Hudson, New Hampshire (With Harry Reid and Jeanne Shaheen)

November 30, 2007

Meet Voters in Farley, Iowa (With Roy Buol and Harry Reid)

Debate Prep in Dubuque, Iowa

December 1, 2007

Meet Voters in Waukee, Iowa (With Frank Cownie and Preston Daniels)

Debate, Des Moines, Iowa

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #340 on: September 26, 2014, 07:38:26 PM »

Can I ask for an extention?
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #341 on: September 26, 2014, 07:39:48 PM »

OOC: Yeah, I was planning to get in my debate answers tonight
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #342 on: September 26, 2014, 07:49:46 PM »

Mark Sanford Campaign Schedule

Week 1
Mark Sanford spent the week barnstorming the states of Iowa, New Hampshire, and Nevada. Sanford organized town halls with voters across these states, did door-to-door campaigning in neighborhoods, and met with local conservative organizations for their support. A publicized joint press conference was held by Governor Sanford and Newt Gingrich, who urged Republicans in opposition to President Giuliani to unite.

Week 2
This week saw Sanford tour his home state of South Carolina. After attending to some gubernatorial duties, Sanford met with locals and attempted to sway undecided voters. Besides town halls and meet and greet sessions, several large fundraisers were also held, with the biggest staged in the Charleston area, where Sanford resides. The Governor also conducted several interviews with local TV stations, and he rallied Republican state legislators around his campaign to bolster his standing in the polls and to have better organizational strength.

Week 3
Mark Sanford spent time in Iowa and Florida, focusing on getting support from evangelicals concerned with President Giuliani's stances on social issues. Common themes included in Sanford's stump speeches during this week included his strong opposition to abortion, the role that faith plays in his life, and the importance of family. Sanford has had success appealing to social conservatives and his numbers have been increasing in these states. Surrogates such as Bob Vander Plaats on the campaign trail have reinforced Sanford's convictions.

Week 4
The Sanford campaign rolled out a new and improved website, giving users greater accessibility and providing thorough information about where/how to vote in the upcoming primaries. Sanford's platform was also further elaborated upon with the unveiling of detailed proposals for energy independence and balancing the budget. The Governor spent some time with the media, giving interviews for shows such as Meet the Press and The O'Reilly Factor. In the midst of all of this, Sanford held rallies and fundraisers in Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina.

Week 5
More campaign offices have opened up in the states of Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Florida, and Nevada. This is part of a new push to build up organizational strength in all of the early primary states and to remain competitive with the President in multiple primaries. Sanford has been up close and personal with voters, shaking hands and having conversations in Iowa and South Carolina to build trust. While Sanford has been low-key this week, his surrogates have taken to the airwaves and have thrown red meat at Republicans by blasting President Giuliani. "The President thinks that he can avoid his problems by refusing to debate his challengers, but conservatives are wising up!" former House Majority Leader Dick Armey boasted in a Fox News appearance.

Week 6
This week saw Mark Sanford hold roundtable discussions with multiple interest groups, representing business, pro-life, and veterans' affairs. These events were open to the press and Sanford remarked later on in the week that "we've had good, productive talks." This week also saw Sanford embark on a tour of the South, where support for his campaign has been stronger than in other areas of the country. Notable stops included Alabama, where Sanford held a speech on family values, and Texas, where he spoke of stopping illegal immigration cold.

Week 7
Fundraising efforts have been on the rise in an attempt to bolster momentum for the campaign in the closing months before the first primaries. Massive amounts have been put into advertising for November and December, highlighting Governor Sanford's record as a solid conservative and as an effective leader. Extensive profiles of Sanford were released this week by TIME and Newsweek, giving the candidate more attention in the media. For Sanford's part, he was connecting with grassroots organizations in the early primary states in an effort to maximize turnout among voters.

Week 8
Governor Sanford organized rallies and town halls in Iowa, South Carolina, and Wyoming this week. He was joined by prominent surrogates such as Jim DeMint, Steve King, and Joe Arpaio along the way, who vouched for his conservative credentials to voters. The Governor touched on familiar issues during his stump speeches, and also repeated his calls toward President Giuliani for a debate together. Sanford also arranged some new TV interviews in order to increase visibility, appearing on The Today Show, The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer, and Hannity & Colmes.

Notable Sanford endorsements announced during the eight-week period:

Fred Thompson
Dick Armey
Steve King
Jack Kemp
Club for Growth
Americans for Tax Reform
Republican Liberty Caucus
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #343 on: September 27, 2014, 05:39:36 AM »

New Endorsements

Iowa HOR member Jo Oldson- Barnstorming in Polk County, Iowa

Iowa SEN member Matt McCoy- Barnstorming in Warren County, Iowa

Iowa HOR member Todd Taylor- Barnstorming in Linn County, Iowa

Iowa SEN member Herman Quirmbach- Barnstorming in Scott County, Iowa

Iowa SEN member Joe Bolkcom- Barnstorming in Johnson County, Iowa
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #344 on: September 27, 2014, 07:06:13 AM »
« Edited: September 27, 2014, 07:50:00 AM by RGN08 »

Perhaps for 1 day
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #345 on: September 27, 2014, 10:53:03 AM »

I will post the rest tomorrow.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #346 on: September 27, 2014, 12:14:16 PM »

Yes, we can push it off one more day.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #347 on: September 27, 2014, 09:15:54 PM »

Howard Dean Schedule:

In lieu of campaigning, Howard Dean spent his week speaking to World Leaders. He went to Iraq to visit the troops, to Britain to talk to Prime Minister Gordon Brown, and gave a speech about the potential for peace.

A new ad came out for Dean, touting his plan for peace, aiming to reduce military presence across the globe, lowering the number of bases, cutting the military budget, and promoting a active presence in the world in terms of foreign aide to impoverished nations.

Strategically, Dean's campaign has focused on building up resources in Michigan. Via telecast, Dean was there for a few of his new endorsements - Senator Fred Harris and Congressman Sander Levin.

Sorry I couldn't do this time. I'll be less crunched next week hopefully.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #348 on: September 27, 2014, 10:05:02 PM »

Each of you is running on a platform of universal healthcare in some form, specifically what will your plan entail, and assuming Republicans retain control of Congress, how will you work with them to pass the legislation?[/size]

There are still common sense reforms that need to come through. People are still refused coverage because of pre-existing conditions. Too many Americans have to worry about falling ill at the same time they are going through the difficult transition from one job to another. Insurers can charge you an unlimited amount for overhead costs. All of these problems need to be solved in order to move toward universal coverage. What I will do with the Republican congress, should we have one, is exactly what I'd do with a Democratic congress. I'd sit down and get to work.

Senator Lincoln, many democrats are calling for change in November, President Giuliani and even some of your rivals are calling on experience. What is important in this election? Change or experience?

It's foolish to create a premise where these two virtues are mutually exclusive. Who I am, as a candidate for President, is somebody with the experience necessary to lead us through the change that needs to come in D.C. There's a laundry list longer than the national mall of priorities that Giuliani has forsaken while he's been fighting his wars. We desperately need change I and I am prepared to bring that change.

Should the Patriot Act be renewed?

No. It should expire and we should work together to pass a new act that will address our needs seven years after the attacks of September eleventh.

First major action you'll take as President on Day one?

I'm feeling a little deja vu. Are you testing to see if we answer differently than the last debate?

My priorities haven't changed. They still lie with the priorities of hardworking Americans.

My first priority will be the 5-point plan to address this nation's crippling poverty. This agenda looks to the current workforce and the future workforce in equal measure, improving pay and working conditions for adults and addressing pressing public school needs to ensure that low-income school districts don't leave their students behind. We will raise the minimum wage, and expand the earned income tax credit. We will help schools update information technology and increase the number of counselors in low-income school districts to ensure that these children do not fall through the cracks. And finally, I will end Giuliani's 1-percenter tax cuts and implement a payroll tax cut for incomes under $200,000, for the months of January, June, July, and December.

Closing Remarks:

I am not in this race for a consolation spot on MSNBC. I was there four years ago when we lost the fight for America's future. I've been working hard ever since to make sure the things hardworking Americans need come, and I've watched with dismay as President Giuliani has set aside every single promise he made to get himself elected. This is not an election just because it's been four years and we're due. This is an election America needs. We need a change and I am proud to be ready to lead us toward that change.

Tonight, I want to again call for this party to unite quickly and not lose itself in bickering and infighting. Together we can do so much, and so much good, but not if we become a shattered relic of the party of American heroes like Franklin Delano Roosevelt and John F. Kennedy. It is my hope the someday soon the Democratic party will have its own 'President Lincoln.'
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #349 on: September 28, 2014, 02:46:45 AM »

Iowa Saga: Evan Bayh
November 25-December 1, 2007

November 25, 2007
Morning: Arrived in Michigan
Morning: Meeting with the campaign staff
Afternoon: Bus tour  and Meet and Greet in Grand Rapids, Michigan
Afternoon: Town Hall in Detroit, Michigan
Evening: Barnstorming in Detroit, Michigan
Evening: Bayh’s Michigan’s fundraising dinner in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Left Michigan for Iowa

November 26, 2007
Morning: Arrived in Iowa
Morning: Bus tour + meeting with the campaign staff
Afternoon: Forum in University of Iowa (issues)
Afternoon: Debate prep in Dubuque, Iowa
Evening: Bayh’s Iowa’s fundraising dinner in West des Moines, Iowa
Evening: Rest and meeting with the campaign staff for strategies

November 27, 2007
Morning: Tree planting fundraising in Sioux City, Iowa
Morning: Meet and Greet voters in Sioux City, Iowa
Afternoon: GOTV Rally in Waterloo, Iowa
Afternoon: Town hall in Waterloo, Iowa
Evening: Barnstorming in Council Bluffs, Iowa
Evening: Barnstorming in Ames, Iowa

November 28,2007
Morning: Bus tour & Meet and Greet in Ankeny, Iowa