2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:34:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 34
Author Topic: 2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread  (Read 77811 times)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: October 08, 2014, 01:45:08 PM »

Charlie Crist

On the Campaign Trail for Rudy Giuliani!

December 9, 2007 - Iowa

2 Meet and Greets, 2 GOTV Events.

December 10, 2007 - Iowa

2 GOTV Events, 1 Meeting with Campaign Volunteers, 1 Town Hall.

December 11, 2007 - Florida

Gubernatorial duties, 2 Rallies.

December 12, 2007 - New Hampshire and South Carolina

2 GOTV Events in NH, 1 Meet and Greet in SC.

December 13, 2007 - South Carolina

2 Town Halls, 1 Rally, 1 Meet and Greet.

December 14, 2007 - South Carolina

2 GOTV Events, 1 Rally, 1 Meet and Greet.

December 15, 2007 - South Carolina

3 GOTV Events, 1 Town Hall.
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #401 on: October 08, 2014, 03:33:01 PM »

John Kerry barnstorms throughout NH during this week.

DEBATE ANSWER:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #402 on: October 08, 2014, 03:52:54 PM »

AD: Kerry's the Man

Sen. Ted Kennedy: In my 40 years in the Senate, I've served with many different Senators, and John Kerry is by far the best. A fighter for America in Vietnam, he has the same fighting spirit in the Senate, and he'll do the same as President. For me this year, Kerry's the man.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein: I've been in politics for 40 years, and I know a good candidate when I see one. Senator John Kerry has been a valuable member of the Senate, and he'll make one of the best Presidents ever. This year, Kerry's the man.

Sec. Robert Reich: When I was President Clinton's Secretary of Labor, I knew we could always count on John Kerry to help pass bills in the Senate. Even though I'm not Secretary of Labor anymore, I know that John Kerry is the best person to advance our progressive values this year. This time around, Kerry's the man.

Rep. Niki Tsongas: I supported John Kerry's fight for America in 1984, and I still do today. Senator Kerry has been a voice for New England in the Senate, and he will be a voice for America as President. This year, when you go to vote, vote for the man who has America's best interests, because this year, John Kerry's the man.

Sen. John Kerry: I'm John Kerry and I approve this message.

Run in all Jan and Feb primary states.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #403 on: October 08, 2014, 09:26:28 PM »

Howard Dean Debate Response Part 1

"You know, I understand that congress is going to be divided, and I've received criticism from the field for my stands on the issues as being too anti-Washington. Let's face it - I've worked with Republicans to balance budgets in Vermont, give universal healthcare to women and children, and fight for the interests of Vermonters. You don't always get what you want, but you work things out. It's the art of negotiation, and the Senators I've seen here to do very little skilled negotiation. You have to start from a principled, strong place, and then you work out what can be possible. You don't cede ground unless you have to. Strong, but pragmatic. That's the approach I'd take to working with Republicans because that's the approach that worked in Vermont. I promise that no matter what happens its for the betterment of this country."

Questions for other candidates:

Hillary Clinton: How do you explain your vote for the Iraq War?

Evan Bayh: Senator you've said that No Child Left Behind works, even as President Giuliani has distanced himself from the bill through federal action. What about No Child Left Behind works, and how can you expect fellow Democrats to follow in your example when you're to the right of the President on this?

Blanche Lincoln: You've brought up your tenure at the Gates Foundation as a qualification, but have been curiously silent as to your Senate experience? Is there a particular reason why that is?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #404 on: October 08, 2014, 10:06:41 PM »

Hillary Clinton-New Endorsements

Former New Orleans Mayor Marc Morial

Activist/Friend of Bill Clinton Vernon Jordan

Former Congressman/Secretary of Agriculture Mike Espy

Former Chairperson of the Council of Economic Advisors/Director of the National Economic Council Laura Tyson

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #405 on: October 08, 2014, 10:15:48 PM »

Howard Dean for America - December 9th - 15th, 2007

"People say I'm mean about the President, but really I'm a happy guy *chuckles*. I'm seriously. I believe in America because we have so much potential, for innovation and development in all fields, for the brightest possible future for our children, for the protection of our seniors, and for our country to grow and become more prosperous with each generation. I believe we can if we elect the people that represent the dreams of Americans, rather than the fears of Americans. For too long, we've lived in fear, fear of terror, fear of the world, fear of our job security, just plain fear. It's not wrong to feel that way, hell, some days I feel scared, but the fact is that America won't survive with that attitude. I've gone across this great country, met tons of great people, and I see in them hope for a brighter tomorrow. Some say America's in decline. Well, it is if Giuliani's President. It's not if I'm President, lets take America back! *thunderous cheers*"

December 9th, 2007 (with Rob Wexler, Al Gore, Barack Obama)
Barnstorming in Miami, Florida
Barnstorming in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Town Hall in Boca Raton, Florida
Town Hall in Fort Pierce, Florida
Barnstorming in Jacksonville, Florida

"African American voters still feel disenfranchised by the system, and in all honesty, I can't blame them at all. Our prison system is broken, we arrest disproportionally more black men, we have a War on Drugs that has failed this country, causing income inequality among the races the likes of which is deplorable. More than 40 years after the Civil Rights Act and many still feel like the system is against them. We have to change that. My good friend Harvey Gantt wanted to make things better, he lost, but his message still resonates today - we must change Washington so that no matter what race, gender, creed, or sexual orientation you are, you are only judged by your deeds."

December 10th, 2007 (with Harvey Gantt, Nick Theodore, Al Gore)
Announcing endorsement of Harvey Gantt in southern North Carolina
Meet and Greet in Dillon, South Carolina
Meet and Greet in Sumter, South Carolina
Barnstorming in Columbia, South Carolina
Race Speech in Orangeburg, South Carolina

December 11th, 2007 (with John Conyers, Jennifer Granholm, John Cherry)
Meet and Greet in Cadillac, Michigan
Town Hall in Higgins Lake, Michigan
Meet and Greet in Munsing, Michigan
Meet and Greet in Crystal Falls, Michigan
Town Hall in Hancock, Michigan

"Iowa voters you have a choice - You have four Senators who were complacent in the Bush-Giuliani agenda, or you can have a man who has fought for working people left and right, and stands against this President on just about everything. I believe in America, I believe in the constitution, and I believe that executive experience trumps legislative experience when it comes to being a leader 20 times over. Whether it's Universal Healthcare, Prison Reform, Gay Rights, Abortion Rights, Farm aid, Unions, and name a million other issues, I stand with the American people, not the special interests. A vote for Dean is a vote for a brighter America where what happens in Washington isn't based on who gets around that revolving door. We need a sheriff who will clean up Washington, and that's what I'll do."

December 12th, 2007 (with Al Gore, Tom Harkin, Bruce Braley)
Meet and Greet in Glennwood, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Shenandoah, Iowa
Barnstorming in Council Bluffs, Iowa
Town Hall in Harlan, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Audubon, Iowa

December 13th, 2007 (with Al Gore, Tom Harkin, and Dave Loebsack)
Meet and Greet in Ida Groove, Iowa
Town Hall in Cherokee, Iowa
Barnstorming in Sioux City, Iowa
Town Hall in Le Mars, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Sioux Center Iowa

"That's a good question, and to tell you the truth, I've always thought of it differently than most of the political punditry has. Republicans have run up massive deficits and continue to claim the mantle of fiscal responsibility. It's ridiculous and a fantasy notion. The last Democratic President balanced his budgets, and I will do the same, by rolling back the Bush tax cuts, reducing military spending back to pre-9/11 levels, and growing Medicare. President Giuliani has pushed for more tax cuts, but that won't do the job, nor will more spending on his charter school idea. The truth is, we need to keep our books balanced, and I will do so as President."

December 14th, 2007 (with Al Gore, Carol Shea-Porter, and Barack Obama [Only for Barnstorming Events])
Announcing Endorsement of Former New Hampshire Democratic Chair Mike King
Barnstorming in Plymouth, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Lincoln, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Lisbon, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Bethleham, New Hampshire

December 15th, 2007 (with Al Gore, Carol Shea-Porter, and Mike King)
Meet and Greet in Whitefield, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet in Berlin, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet in Groveton, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Beecher Falls, New Hampshire
Speech at the Canadian Border in New Hampshire
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #406 on: October 08, 2014, 10:26:01 PM »

Hillary Clinton Debate Answers

Part A

Unfortunately, the Iranians are determined to acquire a nuclear weapon, and like with North Korea it's hard to believe anything will stop them. From there it's a matter of containment, and that shouldn't be as difficult. Like the Soviets before them, the Iranians aren't idiots. They aren't going to use a nuclear weapon against a U.S ally, when that ally likely has nuclear weapons, and they would also be risking a nuclear strike from us as well.

At the time I thought I was making the correct decision. Clearly, I was wrong, as we face a virulent insurgency backed by Al-Qaeda, that we are having monumental trouble stopping, and we still cannot catch Osama Bin Laden. I'm not afraid of admitting mistakes that I have made, and I hope all Americans feel that way.

To Evan Bayh; You have one of the most conservative records among Democrats in either house of Congress, do you believe that will endear you the Democratic Base?

To Governor Dean and Senator Lincoln; What qualities do you believe are required for a running mate?

To Governor Dean; Where does your campaign go without early victories in Iowa and New Hampshire

To Senator Lincoln Why did you resign from the Senate after the 2004 Elections, given the exposure you could have gotten from being an incumbent?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #407 on: October 08, 2014, 10:35:42 PM »

Howard Dean Debate Performance - Part 2

"The only qualification in my mind is if I die, can they do the job. I look at people who I think would be do the best job as President, and if they satisfy that, they'll be my running mate. The strategy of running a running mate that wins a certain swing state almost never works, with the exception of JFK-LBJ, but that was so long ago. Presidents get elected like, as much as I hate to admit it, Bush and Giuliani did, by picking VPs who are noted as serious people. I will pick someone serious about all the issues I've been fighting for and the American people have been concerned about for Vice President."

"I don't like revealing strategy to my opposition *laughter from the audience* But seriously, as fun as the horse race is, we've got serious issues in Washington. Ballooning deficits, all out war, and a weak healthcare system has shown that this President has abandoned us. Talking about the horse race won't fix those issues, only bold leadership will. I will fight for the American people for jobs, healthcare, and a balanced budget, and only talking about these issues and dissecting the differences between fellow candidates will get that done, not fighting about who wins Iowa or New Hampshire. I would back any of the candidates on this stage, even some of the ones I have certain concerns about, but I would not want this campaign to deviate from the topic of making America a better place."
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #408 on: October 08, 2014, 10:38:56 PM »
« Edited: October 08, 2014, 11:06:25 PM by badgate »

Lincoln Campaign Schedule
Iowa Tour, 12/9-12/15

December 9, 2007
-Meet & Greet in Keokuk
-Meet & Greet in Fort Madison
-Meet & Greet in West Point
-Meet & Greet in New London

December 10, 2007
-Meet & Greet in West Burlington
-Meet & Greet in Burlington
-Meet & Greet in Mediapolis
-Meet & Greet in Wapello

December 11, 2007
-Meet & Greet in Winfeld
-Meet & Greet in Washington
-Meet & Greet in Wellman
-Meet & Greet in Sigourney

December 12, 2007
-Meet & Greet in Kalona
-Meet & Greet in Williamsburg
-Meet & Greet in Coralville
-Rally in Iowa City

December 13, 2007
-Meet & Greet in West Branch
-Meet & Greet in West Liberty
-Meet & Greet in Wilton
-Meet & Greet in Durant

December 14, 2007
-Meet & Greet in Blue Grass
-Meet & Greet in Walcott
-Meet & Greet in Eldridge
-Rally in Davenport

December 15, 2007
-Barnstorm in Bettendorf
-Meet & Greet in Le Claire
-Meet & Greet in DeWitt
-Rally in Clinton
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #409 on: October 08, 2014, 10:42:36 PM »
« Edited: October 15, 2014, 01:15:51 AM by badgate »

TV Ad: Time for Change

It's the same stories every day. Another Giuliani crony. Another problem or lack of action.

I'd like to change that. When I worked in Washington, I was a problem-solver who never forgot where she came from.

At the Gates Foundation, I oversaw a multibillion dollar charity that put new roofs over the heads of students and new technology and knowledge at their fingertips. We opened a public defender office in 50 cities that were lacking, and helped cities update gravel roads that cause costly repairs for hardworking Americans.

I'm running for President for you, not for the red carpet. Not for big donors. I'm running to make sure you have a voice in Washington.

TV Ad: Our Children

[Blanche Lincoln & Family sitting on couch]

BLANCHE: We don't always get along on this couch.

[Cut to family arguing about who gets to sit where]

BLANCHE: But we always look out for each other. That's what family does.

[Cut to Blanche & Daughter reading together at the table]

BLANCHE: Those are the values of family first, which I bring to my campaign for President. I will always be there for my family, and I'll always fight for what's right, for our children.

[Cut to family standing around Christmas Tree]

FAMILY: Happy Holidays, from the Lincolns!

Web Ad

To mark the holiday season in a fun way, the staff at Lincoln Iowa HQ filmed an entertaining lip sync video to the song "I Feel Like A Woman," wearing cowboy/western-themed christmas hats and shirts. The campaign has sought to make the video go viral.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #410 on: October 08, 2014, 11:01:17 PM »
« Edited: October 08, 2014, 11:06:45 PM by badgate »

Blanche Lincoln: You've brought up your tenure at the Gates Foundation as a qualification, but have been curiously silent as to your Senate experience? Is there a particular reason why that is?

Governor Dean, I'm quite proud of my Senate record. I have in both of the ads my campaign has aired I have discussed my record as a consensus-builder in Washington and a fierce fighter for the people of my state. I never forget where I came from. That's why both of those ads were filmed and produced by locally owned media companies based in Arkansas.

Representing Arkansas in the U.S. Senate was a privilege I will never forget, and it taught me so much about the lawmaking process that I am poised to bring a unique and dual-focused job experience to the Executive branch as your next President. I can get things done and find creative, progressive ways to do them. Thank you, Governor, for asking about my strong record as a U.S. Senator.

Quote from: Restricted

One easy step: lobbying reform. It's not sexy and nobody will donate money to such a cause, but it needs to be the first thing out of the gate. Let the political parties send out their press releases replete with spin about the effect upcoming legislation will have in Congress. Let Americans have time to see what their representatives and senators may soon be voting on, and to contact those representatives and senators and express their opinions. But keep high-dollar special interest out of the legislative process, and we're golden. We can get anything done, because we love our country and don't run for office just to do it. At least, not me.

I've been running for president because of the faces and stories from 2004. There was a man in Colorado who knocked on doors five days a week, unpaid, for our campaign. I met him at a stop and his daughter told me why: he was diagnosed with advanced cancer, and only had seven weeks left according to the doctors. He had two daughters, one in high school and another just entering middle school. And the reason he was out there five days a week talking to neighbors about the election, was because he knew he had to spend this precious remaining time making a difference and ensuring a better America for his daughters. I was sad in January of 2005 to receive a letter from his daughter informing me of Julian's passing.

America is bursting to the brim with stories just like that, of hardworking people who love their God and their country and their family and just want to do right by them. Well, I want to do right by those people.

I bring up this story of Julian to also illustrate why healthcare reform is so important and so crucial to our success as a nation. Julian's disease was preventable had he had basic healthcare and access to basic services such as screenings and blood tests. As early as 2002 he could have lived a much longer life, had he the coverage he needed.

When I am feeling too tired some days, or thinking this just isn't going great, I think of that strength and the strength of Julian's story. He's why I do this. His daughter introduced me when I announced, last summer. These are the stories of everyday Americans and they will shape america, if only we let them.

To Governor Dean and Senator Lincoln; What qualities do you believe are required for a running mate?

The ability to assume the role of President of the United States. Honestly, the rest is just window dressing, no matter what the pundits tell you.

Quote from: Restricted

Well, Senator Clinton, you may remember that as a nominee for Vice President I could not also be on the ballot for the U.S. Senate. My place on that ballot was replaced with Congressman Mike Ross. You might have noticed him, these last three years, on the Senate floor?

I am proud however that Senator Mike Ross has fought for the people of Arkansas, just as I fought for them during my Senate tenure. I accepted the spot on Joe Biden's ticket knowing this could happen- but I did it for the people struggling all across this country to make end's meet and just want shared opportunity to be shared with them, not just with privileged few. I was proud to find ways outside of legislation to help people as CEO of the Gates Foundation, and I believe that these shared experiences put me in a unique position to lead this country as President of the United States. Thank you, Senator Clinton, for asking about my strong record fighting for everyday Americans.
Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lt. Gov. RGN
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix
E: 2.31, S: 4.47

« Reply #411 on: October 09, 2014, 09:55:11 AM »

Debate 101: Evan Bayh
3rd Democratic Presidential Debate

In my position, it is a must. We should send more children in schools.Education molds the  mind of a person, in terms of academics and co-curricular. With educations, jobs will go up, the economy will be stabilized, deficits will be lowered down and America will be great again. Washington really need to review on their role on education. It is the heartland of economic growth for me, since that if you focus on education, a person will have more opportunity. Thus, it really helps to stabilize the economy 

Working as a senator, I devoted myself in most of the issues America deems important, and one of them is education. I've supported many bills devoted on improving our education systems and one of them is the No Child Left Behind. In order for my colleagues to be united (with the bill), we should also adjust the bill and improve it, just what I've said before.

Yes, that won't hinder my campaign. Democrats are positively accepting my candidacy even though I have one of the most conservative records,  according to the recent polls. I won't change my position on issues if my campaign eroded. I've still voted 86.8% with the Democrats as of September 2007, I am not a DINO. And why President Giuliani managed to get the Republican Nomination, even if he is liberal on some issues? On this campaign, voters should not choose their candidates based on their wings but on their experience, integrity, and the capability to hold that position.
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #412 on: October 09, 2014, 10:28:59 AM »
« Edited: October 10, 2014, 05:29:24 AM by RGN08 »

Leader: Evan Bayh
December 9-December 15, 2007

December 9, 2007
In South Carolina (visited public schools, meeting with the state government)

December 10, 2007
In South Carolina (fundraising, bus tour, meet and greet)

December 11, 2007
In Nevada (meeting with campaign staff, barnstorming)

December 12, 2007
In Nevada (visited public schools, meeting with the state government)

December 13, 2007
In Nevada (fundraising, bus tour, meet and greet)

December 14, 2007
In Iowa (barnstorming)
Night: At SC for Debate

December 15, 2007
In Iowa (barnstorming)

ENDORSEMENTS WILL BE POSTED AFTER THE ROUND.
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #413 on: October 09, 2014, 10:30:49 AM »

Ads
December 9-15, 2007

ALL ADS (FROM SEPT-DEC) is now airing at ALL STATES, made possible by fundraising drives held by our campaign state-by-state
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #414 on: October 09, 2014, 11:21:51 AM »

Bayh and Lincoln, you can also ask questions of the other candidates.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #415 on: October 09, 2014, 03:16:55 PM »

OOC: I thought it would be unfair to pose any questions, given that the turn ended last night.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #416 on: October 09, 2014, 03:18:37 PM »

OOC: I thought it would be unfair to pose any questions, given that the turn ended last night.

NHI extended it to tonight, if I'm not misunderstanding things.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #417 on: October 09, 2014, 03:37:56 PM »

Yea it ends tonight
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #418 on: October 09, 2014, 04:23:40 PM »

Schedule for Hillary Clinton

December 9, 2007

Receive formal endorsement from the National Urban League, Petworth, Washington D.C (With President and CEO Marc Morial (also issuing separate endorsement), Chair, John Hofmeister, CFO Paul Wycisk, General Counsel Nicolane Lazarre, and Senior Vice-President for Human Resources Wanda Jackson.

I believe I speak for all of us here at the National Urban League in saying that Senator Clinton is by far, not just the strongest candidate for African-American voters, but for voters as a whole. And while not everyone may agree, the reality is we don't want another four years of the Rudy and Judy show,do we?

Meet Voters in Orford, New Hampshire

Meet Voters in Bridgewater, New Hampshire

December 10, 2007

Meet Voters in Haverhill, New Hampshire (With Thomas Menino)

GOTV in Keswick, Iowa

GOTV in Harper, Iowa

GOTV in Sigourney, Iowa

December 11, 2007

GOTV in North English, Iowa

GOTV in Victor, Iowa

GOTV in Brooklyn, Iowa

GOTV in Montezuma, Iowa

December 12, 2007

GOTV in Hillis, Iowa

GOTV in Shueyville, Iowa

GOTV in Bennett, Iowa

December 14, 2007

Debate, Greenville South Carolina

December 15, 2007

Phone Bank South Carolina and the Jacksonville Metropolitan Area, from Washington D.C

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #419 on: October 09, 2014, 04:24:41 PM »

NHI extended it to tonight, if I'm not misunderstanding things.
It ends tonight, I did extend it.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #420 on: October 09, 2014, 10:53:48 PM »

Mark Sanford Campaign Schedule: December 9-15

The media says that President Giuliani is unstoppable, that he can't be beat. If you listen to these people, you'd think that there's no reason why this party should even have a talk about the issues. But I'm not running just to talk about some ignored issues or failed policies, I'm running to win and I've been running to win from the very beginning of this campaign. Don't let anything stop you here. With hard work, we will come through in the end and prove everybody wrong. The President thinks that he'll have a smooth ride to the nomination. Wait until he sees all of you out voting! [cheers]

December 9
With Jim DeMint
-Town Hall in Lake City, SC
-Town Hall in Seneca, SC
-Town Hall in Gaffney, SC
-Town Hall in Dillon, SC
-Town Hall in Fountain Inn, SC

December 10
With Jim DeMint
-Town Hall in Chester, SC
-Town Hall in Georgetown, SC
-Town Hall in Isle of Palms, SC
-Town Hall in Darlington, SC
-Town Hall in Marion, SC

December 11
-Meet and Greet in Central, SC
-Meet and Greet in Belton, SC
-Meet and Greet in Bishopville, SC
-Meet and Greet in McColl, SC
-Meet and Greet in Ridgeland, SC

December 12
-Meet and Greet in Holstein, IA
-Meet and Greet in Sanborn, IA
-Meet and Greet in Kingsley, IA
-Meet and Greet in Shell Rock, IA
-Meet and Greet in State Center, IA

December 13
-Meet and Greet in Urbana, IA
-Meet and Greet in Onawa, IA
-Meet and Greet in Story City, IA
-Meet and Greet in Osage, IA
-Meet and Greet in Huxley, IA

December 14
With Steve King
-Town Hall in Atlantic, IA
-Town Hall in Washington, IA
-Town Hall in Perry, IA
-Town Hall in Knoxville, IA
-Interviews with local media

December 15
With Steve King and Newt Gingrich
-Town Hall in Norwalk, IA
-Town Hall in North Liberty, IA
-Bus Tour in Ankeny, IA
-Bus Tour in Ames, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Davenport, IA

TV Ad: Fiscal Responsibility

When he was in Congress, he was rated the most fiscally conservative member. Now he's the most fiscally conservative governor in the nation. That man is Mark Sanford, and he's running to clean up Washington. [displays picture of Rudy Giuliani and contrast with Sanford] Why vote for people who don't mean what they say? President Sanford will stop reckless government spending, slash the debt, and put the country back on a good path for our children and grandchildren. This primary season, know that you have a choice for fiscal responsibility. Vote Mark Sanford. I'm Mark Sanford, and I approve this message.

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #421 on: October 09, 2014, 11:46:07 PM »

These ads continue to air this week.

Howard Dean TV Ad: Al Gore

"Hi, I'm Al Gore, and you've probably seen the ads, met the candidates, and are already sick of the empty promises. America doesn't need any more of that. What America needs more of is bold, compassionate leadership, that will help those struggling to make it and save the environment for generations to come. Only one candidate can do that honestly, and that's Howard Dean. He's not someone who hides from his record, he stands with it. He's not someone who votes against his constituents interests, he fights for them. And finally if its the right thing to do, he'll do it, no matter what the consequences are. I am honored to endorse Howard Dean for President, and I hope you see in him everything I do."

Dean - "I'm Howard Dean, and I approve this message."

Howard Dean TV Ad: Booming

Howard Dean: "Our campaign has grown, not because of the regular Washington tit for tat, but because of you, the American people. We proved you can have a campaign without lobbyists, special interests, and corporate greed, and once we get into Washington, we will change that. America deserves to be run by the American people! That's the type of policy I'm talking about!"

This ad was paid for by Dean for America
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #422 on: October 10, 2014, 04:38:13 AM »

Round 8: December 16-26, 2007

Less than a month to go before the Iowa Caucuses and the race for the Democratic Nomination is anyone's game. The candidates participated in what will likely be their final debate before the caucuses and pundits agreed it was a lively debate. First, Hillary Clinton faced criticism over his vote for the Iraq War in 2002. The question came from Howard Dean, a strong and fierce opponent and critic of the war, but Clinton came through with a strong response that while may not win her a lot of praise in a Democratic primary, it certainly played well with a general electorate.

Senator Lincoln was also on the hot seat, facing a question regarding her decision to step down from the Senate, but the Arkansas Democrat rebuffed the question from Senator Clinton. Howard Dean was seen as one of the winner's of the debate, delivering a commanding debate performance and presenting himself a what now appears to be: the man to beat in Iowa. Dean has seen his poll numbers increase dramatically after the debate.

Evan Bayh, also delivered a strong performance, which is likely to help him here in Iowa. He is also hoping that his presence from nearby Indiana may help close the deal with a win over Dean. Still Blanche Lincoln and Hillary Clinton are not to be discounted, after both delivering strong debate performances, both women cannot be counted out just yet.

John Kerry's performance was regarded as fair, and his numbers have not moved much in Iowa, though the candidate is continue to make a play for the New Hampshire. Kerry went up with a series of ad, targeting the all important first in the nation primary. Pundits agree New Hampshire is a must win state for John Kerry.

On the Republican Primary, Rudy Giuliani continues to dominate, topping public opinion polls and all the early primary states against Mark Sanford. The only states of concern a week ago was South Carolina, where Giuliani only led narrowly, he has now opened up a comfortable lead over the South Carolina Governor.

As the holidays approach most Americans will be focusing on Christmas and spending time with families, which will only leave a few precious days before the first votes.

Democratic Nomination Preference Poll: December 2007
Howard Dean: 22%
Evan Bayh: 19%
Blanche Lincoln: 19%
Hillary Clinton: 17%
John Kerry: 13%
Undecided: 10%

Republican Nomination Preference Poll: December 2007
Rudy Giuliani: 64%
Mark Sanford: 28%
Undecided: 8%

Iowa Caucuses Poll: Democrats