2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:17:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 34
Author Topic: 2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread  (Read 77676 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2014, 10:15:32 AM »

Hillary Clinton 2008 Campaign Staff

Campaign Manager/Chief of Staff; Patti Solis Doyle

Finance; Howard Wolfson, Anthony Shorris, and Maggie Williams

Communications; James Carville and George Stephanopoulos (who took an extendend leave of absence from ABC News)

Fundraising; Chelsea Clinton, Doug Band and Bill Clinton

Legal; Cheryl Mills

Advisors- Economic Policyl Jeffrey Zients, Gene Sperling, Charlene Barshefsky and Larry Summers

Advisors- Domestic Policy; Carol Browner and Bill Clinton

Advisors- Foreign Policy; Sandy Berger, Ret General Hugh Shelton, Richard Clarke and George Tenet

Press Relations; Harold Ickes and Patti Solis Doyle

Operations- Early State; Mike Henry and Steve Hildebrand

Operations- Super Tuesday; Jim Messina and David Axelrod

Operations-Other; David Plouffe and Robert Gibbs

Polling; Geoff Garin, Patricia Ireland and James Carville

I think you should replace George Stephanopoulos with someone, because, you know, he's the Chief Political Correspondent of ABC News and I bet ABC will not allow him since that it may spark some liberal bias.

ABC's probably praying it becomes permanent... and in any case Stephanopoulos's job is not to talk to the media.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2014, 03:29:35 PM »

Ralph's Team for America '08:

Campaign Manager: Theresa Amato
Chief of Staff: Jill Stein
Press Secretary: Chris Hedges
Finance Secretary: Noam Chomsky

Field Director Northeast: Howie Hawkins
Field Director West: Rocky Anderson
Field Director Midwest and South: Dennis Kucinich

JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2014, 03:36:44 PM »

Blomberg For America

Campaign Manager: Angus King
Chief of Staff: Kevin Sheekey
Press Secretary: Tom Keene
Finance Secretary: Charles Zegar

Field Director Northeast: Angus King

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2014, 04:09:05 PM »

Campaign Info

Campaign Manager: Mudcat Saunders
Finance Director: J. Steve Mostyn
Policy Advisor: Sam Nunn
Communications Director: Rick French
Scheduling Director: Kathleen McGlynn
Media Consultant: Joe Trippi
Advisor: Mark Warner
South Carolina State Director: Trav Robertson

HQ: 1201 Main Street, Columbia, SC
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2014, 04:25:45 PM »
« Edited: August 31, 2014, 05:04:43 PM by IDS Emperor Maxwell »

Dean for America 2008 - Staffing

Campaign Manager: Roy Neel
Campaign Co-Chair: Steve Grossman
Finance Director: Stephanie Schriock
Communications Director: Tricia Enright
Media Consultant: Steve McMahon
Policy Advisor: Jerry Brown
Chief of Staff: Maria Echaveste
Press Secretary: Kathy Lash

Iowa Field Director: Jeani Murray
New Hampshire Field Director: Karen Hicks
HQ: Manchester, NH
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2014, 04:38:45 PM »

Is it too late to sign up?  If not I'd like to run as Ron Paul Smiley
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2014, 05:44:13 PM »

Signups close today, so you're good!
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2014, 06:04:24 PM »

Remember, ITTL Ron Paul is a senator. Wink
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2014, 06:38:14 PM »

Reminder signups will close tonight and the game will officially commence, starting the week of September 1-September 7, 2007. Also, the first post will include results from the Ames Straw Poll, as well as early primary numbers for both parties.

Thanks everyone and good luck!

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2014, 11:15:37 PM »

Round 1: September 1-September 7, 2007

The Presidential Primary Season is underway! Candidates for both the Republicans and Democratic Nomination are crisscrossing the country, visiting the all important primary states, hoping to rally voters to their campaigns. On the Republican side, incumbent President Rudy Giuliani faces a primary challenge, the likes not seen since 1980, when Democratic Senator Ted Kennedy challenged President Jimmy Carter. Giuliani face three challenges, ranging from former Speaker of the House, Newt Gingrich, to conservative darling South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford and late entry Texas Senator and Libertarian Republican Ron Paul. Already the race has received some jump starts with conservative groups pouring money behind Sanford, and in August the South Carolina Governor and the President tied the Ames Straw Poll, the impressive showing is already boosting moment to the campaign. In early August Giuliani led his rivals with over 60 percent of the vote in Iowa, now after the Straw Poll, the race is starting to tighten and Giuliani has dipped down to the mid fifties; he still holds a 34 point lead, but with four months to go, a lot can happen and the energy appears to be surrounding the challengers, namely Sanford for at least the moment.

The response from the Giuliani Campaign has largely been to ignore the challenges and run a Rose Garden Strategy, but if any of the candidate continue to gain momentum Giuliani may be forced to take a stand and become involved in the primary.

While all incumbent Presidents over the last few decades have survived primary challenges, in the cases of both 1992 and 1980 the incumbent was left weak after the process and the party brand tarnished. It remains to be seen if Republicans will be able to come together after what is expected by many to be a long and hard slog for the nomination.

On the Democratic side it's a three way race for the frontrunner status. 2004 candidates Hillary Clinton and John Edwards lead the top two spots respectively, while 2004 Vice Presidential Candidate Blanche Lincoln pulls up the rear for third. The field is considerably stronger and much more varied than four years ago. Massachusetts Senator John Kerry entered the race, along with Indiana Senator Evan Bayh and Louisiana Senator Mary Landrieu. All three have yet to achieve a breakout moment, but with four months to go before the Iowa Caucuses, there is still time for the candidates to make an impression. Iowa Governor Tom Vislack looks to be a long shot candidate, but perhaps can be a dark horse in the Iowa Caucuses, especially running as a favorite son. But, only time will tell.

Pulling up the rear is Vermont Governor Howard Dean. With little exposure outside of New England, it difficult for many to see how Dean can progress out of single digit poll numbers, but his campaign staff insists Dean is the dark horse in the race and by doing well in Iowa (a state he is relentlessly campaigning in) he will set himself up for success down the line.

Four years ago the frontrunner field looked very similar between Hillary Clinton and John Edwards. Both candidates ultimately failed to seal the deal with voters, in parts do to campaign missteps and health issues; allowing Delaware Senator Joe Biden to come from behind and win the nomination. "Democrats want to fall in love, Republicans fall in line," as Former President Bill Clinton has said of the primary process and while Clinton and Edwards seemed to be more focused the second time around it is possible and an underdog could once again win the nomination.

Between the two parties there is an interesting philosophical divide, while Democrats are looking for a champion of liberal causes and who will not kow-tow to the Republican Congress (which is likely to remain unchanged regardless of who wins the election), but more importantly who can win. After nearly eight years of being in the political wilderness Democrats are looking to come out the darkness and reclaim the White House. With Republicans many conservative voters are frustrated and disappointed with the Giuliani Administration and want a candidate more in line with their views. However, fortunately, for the moment, Giuliani sits on a healthy approval rating all abut assuring him the nomination.

Another angle for the upcoming election is the presence of third parties. Already 2000 Green Party candidate Ralph Nader has announced he will be entering the race, causing some anxiety among Democrats. Nader's confidence is boosted by the electoral performance of Dennis Kucinich who finished fourth carrying two states and nearly fourteen percent of the popular vote. For some Democrats, the thought of another Green Party candidate prevents the possibility of throwing the election in favor of the Republican candidate. Though, four years and likely this time as well a strong Libertarian Candidate will be on the ballot and 2008 it looks like 2004 VP and now Independent Senator from Minnesota Jesse Ventua will be on the ballot. Though, Ventura doesn't seem to have the grassroots connection with the Libertarian party that propelled Gary Johnson so far in 2004 and many pundits expect Ventura will not perform as well as Johnson did.

However, one candidate sure to shakeup the entire election and quite possibly throw the election in the House of Representatives is Former Republican, turned Independent New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg. The billionaire has pledge to put a lot of his own wealth into the campaign and is committed to being on the ballot in all fifty states. At this point it is hard to see who Bloomberg will take more voters away from, but one thing is for sure 2008 is looking to be nothing like 2004.

So sit back, relax and let the games begin!

Republicans:

Ames Straw Poll: August 2007
Rudy Giuliani: 3,614 (31.9%)
Mark Sanford: 3,614 (31.9%)

Newt Gingrich: 2,988 (26.4%)
Ron Paul: 1,044 (9.2%)
Other: 50 (0.6%)

Republican Nomination Poll: September 2007 (Giuliani +45)
Rudy Giuliani: 60%
Mark Sanford: 15%
Newt Gingrich: 8%
Ron Paul: 4%
Undecided: 12%

Iowa Caucuses Poll: September 2007 (Giuliani +34)
Rudy Giuliani: 53%
Mark Sanford: 19%
Newt Gingrich: 10%
Ron Paul: 5%

New Hampshire Primary Poll: September 2007 (Giuliani +49)
Rudy Giuliani: 62%
Mark Sanford: 13%
Ron Paul: 10%
Newt Gingrich: 7%
Undecided: 8%

South Carolina Primary Poll: September 2007 (Giuliani +7)
Rudy Giuliani: 48%
Mark Sanford: 40%
Newt Gingrich: 2%
Ron Paul: 1%
Undecided: 9%

Democrats:

Democratic Nomination Poll: September 2007 (Clinton +1)
Hillary Clinton: 16%
John Edwards: 15%
Blanche Lincoln: 13%
John Kerry: 10%
Evan Bayh: 10%
Mary Landrieu: 9%
Tom Vislack: 8%
Howard Dean: 7%

Iowa Caucuses Poll: September 2007 (Edwards +1)
John Edwards: 16%
Tom Vislack: 15%
Hillary Clinton: 11%
Blanche Lincoln: 10%
Howard Dean: 10%
Evan Bayh: 8%
Mary Landrieu: 6%
John Kerry: 5%
Undecided: 19%

New Hampshire Primary Poll: September 2007 (Clinton +4)
Hillary Clinton: 18%
John Edwards: 14%
John Kerry: 12%
Howard Dean: 10%
Blanche Lincoln: 7%
Evan Bayh: 7%
Mary Landrieu: 5%
Tom Vislack: 5%
Undecided: 22%

South Carolina Primary Poll: September 2007 (Edwards +7)
John Edwards: 20%
Blanche Lincoln: 13%
Mary Landrieu: 12%
Hillary Clinton: 10%
Evan Bayh: 8%
John Kerry: 8%
Tom Vislack: 6%
Howard Dean: 5%
Undecided: 38%

This round will last until Thursday at 11:59 pm EST
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2014, 11:24:25 PM »

May we also get some general election polling, early as it may be?
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2014, 11:53:52 PM »

May we also get some general election polling, early as it may be?

Two Way Race Poll: September 2007
Rudy Giuliani: 51% (+7)
Hillary Clinton: 44%

Rudy Giuliani: 51% (+8)
John Edwards: 43%

Rudy Giuliani: 51% (+8)
John Kerry: 43%

Rudy Giuliani: 51% (+10)
Blanche Lincoln: 41%

Rudy Giuliani: 53% (+13)
Mary Landrieu: 40%

Rudy Giuliani: 54% (+13)
Evan Bayh: 41%

Rudy Giuliani: 54% (+17)
Howard Dean: 37%

Rudy Giuliani: 55% (+17)
Tom Vislack: 38%

Generic Five Way Race: Poll September 2007

Republican: 31%
Independent: 27%
Democrat: 23%
Libertarian: 7%
Green: 4%

Mark Sanford as Republican Nominee: Two Way Race Against Democratic Frontrunners Poll

Hillary Clinton: 47% (+1)
Mark Sanford: 46%

Mark Sanford: 46%
John Edwards: 46%

Mark Sanford: 47% (+3)
Blanche Lincoln: 44%

Newt Gingrich as Republican Nominee: Two Way Race Against Democratic Frontrunners Poll

Hillary Clinton: 49% (+5)
Newt Gingrich: 44%

John Edwards: 47% (+3)
Newt Gingrich: 44%

Blanche Lincoln: 47% (+2)
Newt Gingrich: 45%

Ron Paul as Republican Nominee: Two Way Race Against Democratic Frontrunners Poll

Hillary Clinton: 52% (+10)
Ron Paul: 42%

John Edwards: 52% (+10)
Ron Paul: 42%

Blanche Lincoln: 50% (+7)
Ron Paul: 43%

Giuliani v Clinton v. Bloomberg v. Ventura v. Nader Poll: September 2007
(R) Rudy Giuliani: 28% (+1)
(I) Michael Bloomberg: 27%
(D) Hillary Clinton: 25%
(L) Jesse Ventura: 7%
(G) Ralph Nader: 4%

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2014, 11:54:17 PM »

I will most more polls later.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2014, 12:55:24 AM »

Howard Dean for America - September 1st - 7th, 2007

The Iowa Tour!

"With drug prices on the rise, healthcare standards going down, and premiums going up, President Giuliani's avoidance of the issue has been a dereliction of duty. I'm not going to triangulate my policy to fit the needs of donors and special interests, I'll tell you what I'm for: Medicare for all. Medicare, by a large margin, spends dollars most effectively of all the methods of healthcare, and so not only do we make it so that people are taken care of under a universal system, but we cut costs and save money, lowering our deficits, and still provide better care. This is common sense policy that Democrats should be embracing!"

September 1st, 2007
Town Hall in Fort Madison, Iowa
Town Hall in Burlington, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Ottumwa, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Oskaloosa, Iowa
Radio Interview

Radio Interview

"You know, I'm trailing right now because the voters haven't met me yet. All these other candidates, they've met them before. Edwards, Clinton, and Lincoln, they've gone around the country before and made their case. They have the support of special interests and I can't support that. I am running a truly grassroots campaign, meeting voters where they are, and talking about the issues. I am gonna talk about healthcare, the right of unions to organize, the war in Iraq, poverty, lowering the deficit, infrastructure, and growing our economy until I'm blue in the face."

"To me, the odds aren't long to beat President Giuliani. Look at recent polls, he's already at the margin of error with Michael Bloomberg! I meet people all over Iowa who are saying that this President is not getting the job done, and it's time for someone new. Those voters are still not sure who they want though, but most of those voters are willing to hear you out, and when voters hear out what the other candidates have to say, they will switch and back someone who is not the President. George H.W. Bush was ahead by a lot early on, but then his margin started to tank when the economy went bad and he lost to Bill Clinton. I don't think we'll need the economy to tank, but my point is, Giuliani is certainly beatable even with high approval numbers"

September 2nd, 2007
Barnstorming in Iowa City, Iowa
Barnstorming in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Town Hall in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Town Hall in Newton, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Marshalltown, Iowa

September 3rd, 2007
Barnstorming in Ames, Iowa
Town Hall in Webster City, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Fort Dodge, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Algona, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Estherville, Iowa

"The tried and true effort of putting vouchers in our school is not working, no matter how much the President may try. What really works? Giving the teachers the resources they need! Putting more money into our schools! Focusing on subjects that will make us more competitive in the future! That's how we reform education, and until we get that through, we will continue to fail. Making education 'more competitive' isn't making it 'more competitive'. Setting arbitrary standards on our students from standardized testing isn't working either. It's time to move on from giving up and start really trying to fix this education mess so that No Child is Left Behind!"

September 4th, 2007
Town Hall in Cherokee, Iowa
Town Hall in Sheldon, Iowa
Barnstorming in Sioux City, Iowa
Town Hall in Denison, Iowa

September 5th, 2007
Staff Meeting in Iowa HQ in Des Moines, Iowa
Rest

September 6th, 2007
Barnstorming in Des Moines, Iowa
Town Hall in Des Moines, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Indianola, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Osecola, Iowa

"I know this may get him in trouble with his primary voters, and I with mine, but I have to admire what the President has done on green energy. That is an investment for the future we need. I agree with the pointage too: green energy is what's needed to be energy independent. Drilling more and more here is just gonna put a bunch of holes in the ground, and we are continuing to add to global warming. We need to think about the future in that way. It's a shame, we can't get him to invest anywhere else in a serious way."

September 7th, 2007
Town Hall in Osecola, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Red Oak, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Council Bluffs, Iowa
Press Conference in Council Bluffs, Iowa
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2014, 01:23:44 AM »
« Edited: September 02, 2014, 12:34:01 AM by badgate »

Lincoln hires staff

Campaign Manager: Karin Johanson
Communications/Press: Jay Carney
Iowa Field Director: John Frew
New Hampshire Field Director: Mike Vlacich
South Carolina Field Director: Andrew Whalen
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2014, 02:23:01 AM »
« Edited: September 02, 2014, 12:34:33 AM by badgate »

Lincoln Campaign Schedule
Campaign Manager: Karin Johanson
Communications/Press: Jay Carney
Iowa Field Director: John Frew
New Hampshire Field Director: Mike Vlacich
South Carolina Field Director: Andrew Whalen

June 26, 2007 Alabama
-10:00am - Lincoln announces resignation from Gates Foundation, hints at exploratory committee.

July 4, 2007 Arkansas
-11:00am - Announcing presidential campaign in Little Rock
-3:00pm - Presser outside Local 155 Union Hall
-7:00pm - enjoying fireworks with family and friends

September 1, 2007 Texas
-10:00am - Speaking at Ann Richards breakfast sponsored by Planned Parenthood in Austin

"Friends. It is with great honor that I join you today to mark the 74th birthday of the great Ann Richards. Ann's daughter Cecile is here. Cecile, I met your mother many times over the years. You know more well than I what a great and powerful woman she was.

Thank you as well to Planned Parenthood, who made the wise decision to hire Cecile as your president las year, thank you for the invitation to speak to you at this morning's breakfast.

You know, on the way here, Karin Johanson and I were throwing around the brilliant quips and quotes Ann made over the years. And the one that stuck with me during the opening prayer, was this: "I've been tested by fire, and the fire lost." Boy did it ever lose when the fire tried to take on Ann Richards.

I want to thank many of you, who reached out to me in the last year encouraging me to run for President. I'll be honest, it was never an ambition of mine. When Joe Biden asked me to be on the ticket four years ago, I kept pushing back the decision. We had to announce late because I knew if I did it it would be on my terms, in service and in duty. And so when many of you encouraged me to run, I turned to God. I've prayed on this choice, and you and the Lord have called on me to serve the country in this way. I accept that duty with faith and courage we will find our way.

Make no mistake: the road ahead will be hard. It will be rocky and rough and we will face obstacles that men, even Joe Biden, never faced in a campaign for President. But I was there four years ago. I've fought fire too. And I came out alive.
-5:00pm - Fly to Iowa

September 2, 2007 Iowa
-9:30am - Briefing with Iowa Field Director John Frew at Davenport field office
-11:00am - Meet & Greet at crowded diner in Davenport
-3:00pm - Speaking at Davenport Democrats luncheon

September 3, 2007 Iowa
-12:00pm - Town Hall in Muscatine
-2:50pm - Meet & Greet in Muscatine
-7:00pm - Speech to Wapello Dems in Wapello

September 4, 2007 Iowa
-11:00am - Speech on gay rights at Stonewall Dems in Des Moines
POLICY ANNOUNCEMENT: "I will support the repeal of the Defense of Marriage Act."

-2:30pm - Meet & Greet at Greater Democratic Women of Des Moines
-8:00pm - Interview on Des Moines evening news

September 5, 2007 Iowa
-9:00am - Meet & Greet in Cedar Rapids
-1:00pm - Town Hall in Cedar Rapids
-5:00pm - Town Hall in Iowa City
-7:45pm - Interview on Iowa City evening news

September 6, 2007 Iowa
-10:00am - Strategy meeting w/ senior staff at Des Moines field office
-1:00pm - Lunch with Family in Des Moines
-3:00pm - Rest/time with family
-8:45pm - Flight to Arkansas

September 7, 2007 Arkansas
-10:00am - Filming first TV ad at Little Rock Film Studios
-5:00pm - Speech to VFW in Pine Bluff
-7:30pm - Rubber Chicken fundraiser in Pine Bluff
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2014, 05:03:46 AM »
« Edited: September 03, 2014, 08:18:55 AM by Senator Cranberry »

Nader '08: September 1st - September 7th 2007

September 1st, 2007: Connecticut
- Announcing presidential campaign in Bridgeport, CT
- Speech and Q&A before students of Connecticut State in Willimantic, CT
- Speech and Q&A before students of Wesleyan University in Middletown, CT

September 2nd, 2007: Washington, DC and Maryland
- Flight to Washington, DC
- Attendance of a "DC Statehood Rally" at the National Mall, DC
- Announcing Endorsement of Bernie Sanders in a press conference in his Senate Office
- Speech and Q&A before students of University of Maryland in College Park, MD

September 3rd, 2007: Washington, DC
- Attendance of Labor Day Festivals in DC
- Speech before National Library, DC
- Afternoon break at DC home
- Fundraising with possible Green supporters in DC

Excerpt: "This day, Labor Day, is a day for workers, for the working class families of America, for every working American. Everyone agrees to that, and on Labor Day everyone is the first to promise to work for the "working class". Well, I do not know anyone that believes this from a Republican, not even themselves. But there should be, and there was a party, that took these issues seriously. We thought so longer than they did, and we saw what brought us the nineties, under a "democratic" president. This precisely is the reason why I am running for president. When none of the two majro parties looks for the working class, well then, let's find another one! When we have two parties that are just the same, than we are bitterly in need of a third, or a fourth or a fifth choice!"

September 4th, 2007: California
- Flight to San Francisco, CA
- Hiking with the press to Mount Tamalpais, Marin County, CA and speech on environmental protection
- Speech and Q&A before students of the UC Hastings in San Francisco, CA

Excerpt: "When we look around us, we see just how incredibly beautiful the nature of our country is. Here, no more than half an hour from downtown San Francisco, one of the busiest cities in the world, there is such a calm and silent area, admist the immense beauty of our nature. At such places, I feel so reaffirmed because why I am an environmental acitivist. If there is one duty this our country imposes on us, than this is the duty to preserve its natural beauty, to keep not nature but human pressure on it limited, yes also to go out and just enjoy nature, just outside of our doorsteps.

September 5th, 2007: Washington
- Flight to Seattle, WA
- Speech and Q&A before students of University of Washington in Seattle, WA
- Speech and Barnstorming in Downtown Seattle, WA

September 6th, 2007: Ohio and West Virginia
- Flight to Cleveland, OH
- Shared press conference with Dennis Kucinich in Cleveland, OH
- Speech and Barnstorming with Dennis Kucinich in Cleveland, OH adressing the manufacturing sector
- Drive to Charleston, WV
- Speech in Charleston, WV

Excpert: "It's primary season again, America, and so it is no wonder to hear nothing of our two parties outside from Iowa and New Hampshire, eventually South Carolina if the candidate is a southerner. It seems not to occur to them that there are fifty states of America, not just three early primary states and a handfull of swing states. As such, my visit here in West Virginia will evoke nothing but head-shaking from experts from both parties. What does he plan to do here? He will never win here, the Green Party and West Virginia just do not fit together. Well, this is my reason to come here. It has been said and accepted that West Virginia and the Green Party just don't fit together, therefore, Greens shall please not campaign there. This is a fatal error! The Green Party fits for every American, but just because we do not like coal delivery, which is a major economical factor in West Virginia, we should please stay out of the Mountain State? Well, right now, I can give you three good reasons why West Virginia and the Green Party perfectly together. Firstly, the Green Party is a party devoted to civil liberties, and West Virginia was founded because of civil liberties, because its good people opposed the opressions of slavery and embraced liberty for every American. Secondly, the Green Party is a party that really cares for the interests of the workers and workers families, and West Virginia has always been a beacon of pro-worker legislation. And thirdly, the Green Party is a party that looks ahead into a green future, a future different from our current situation, and West Virginia is one of the states that the most need this change to a great future.

September 7th, 2007: Virginia and Washington, DC
- Drive to Vienna, VA
- Speech and Barnstorming in Vienna, VA
- Speech and Barnstorming in Arlington, VA
- Speech and Barnstorming in Alexandria, VA
- Evening break at DC home
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2014, 08:07:09 AM »

FYI:

Endorsement thread has been created. How will works is like this:
Each of you can have three individuals and two organizations per round (5 total).

Thanks!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2014, 11:00:22 AM »

Rudy Giuliani Campaign Schedule for Sept. 1st-7th, 2007

President Giuliani's 2008 Campaign Staff
Honorary Co-Chairmen: Dick Cheney and Tim Pawlenty
Campaign Manager: Mary Matalin
Chief of Staff: Joe Allbaugh
Press Secretary: Dana Perino
Finance Director: Fred Malek
Chief Pollsters: Neil Newhouse and Bill McInturff
Co-Directors of the Vice Presidential Search Committee: Kay Hutchison, Beth Myers, and Matt Rhodes

September 1st, 2007; New Hampshire and Massachusetts
-- Speech at Saint Anselm College, Goffstown, NH
-- Meet-and-Greet at the New Hampshire Institute of Politics, Goffstown, NH
-- Speech at the Boston College Law School, Newton, MA
-- Meet-and-Greet at the Boston College Law School, Newton, MA
-- Fly to Iowa

September 2nd, 2007; Iowa
-- Fundraiser in Council Bluffs, IA
-- Meet-and-Greet at Abraham Lincoln High School, Council Bluffs, IA
-- Meet-and-Greet at Thomas Jefferson High School, Council Bluffs, IA
-- Tour Iowa School for the Deaf, Council Bluffs, IA
-- One-on-One Interview with Morley Safer

September 3rd, 2007; Iowa
-- Speech at Drake University, Des Moines, IA
-- Meet-and-Greet at Drake University, Des Moines, IA.
-- Appearance on KCCI - Des Moines, IA
-- Fly to Washington, D.C.

September 4th, 2007; Washington, D.C.
-- Private Affairs at the White House
-- Meeting with Senator McConnell, Senator Kyl, and Senator DeMint
-- Meeting with Senator Reid, Senator Durbin, and Senator Biden

September 5th, 2007; Washington, D.C.
-- Meeting with Speaker Hastert, Leader Boehner, and Whip Blunt
-- Meeting with Leader Pelosi, Whip Hoyer, and Representative Clyburn
-- Speech at George Washington University
-- Meet-and-Greet at George Washington University
-- Drive to Virginia