2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:21:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 34
Author Topic: 2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread  (Read 77701 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2014, 12:08:49 PM »

Mary Landrieu Endorsements:
Iowa Senator Tom Harkin
Former New Hampshire Governor Jeanne Shaheen
New Hampshire Governor John Lynch

AFL-CIO
National Education Association

Already got Tom Harkin.

Iowa Governor Tom Vilsack?

Lumine is running as Vilsack.

That's right... I guess Loebsack Tongue

I have Loebsack, see the Endorsement thread, xD
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2014, 12:16:59 PM »

September 1st:
Rally in Manchester, NH with Jeanne Shaheen
Rally in Dover, NH with Jeanne Shaheen
Rally in Nashua, NH with Jeanne Shaheen
Rally in Concord, NH with Jeanne Shaheen
Rally in Derry, NH with Jeanne Shaheen

September 2nd:
Rally in Rochester, NH with Jeanne Shaheen
Rally in Londonderry, NH with Jeanne Shaheen
Rally in Salem, NH with Jeanne Shaheen
Rally in Merrimack, NH with Jeanne Shaheen

September 3rd:
Rally in Bedford, NH with John Lynch
Rally in Keene, NH with John Lynch
Rally in Portsmouth, NH with John Lynch
Rally in Goffstown, NH with John Lynch
Rally in Manchester, NH with John Lynch

September 4th:
Countywide tour of Rockingham County, NH with John Lynch and Jeanne Shaheen
$40/plate fundraiser with John Lynch and Jeanne Shaheen

September 5th:
Flying to Washington D.C. to accept AFL-CIO endorsement and NEA endorsement

You must be logged in to read this quote.

September 6th:
Rally in Des Moines, IA
Rally in Cedar Rapids, IA
Rally in Davenport, IA
Rally in Sioux City, IA

September 7th:
Canvassing with volunteers in Des Moines, IA
Rally in Iowa City, IA
Canvassing with volunteers in Iowa City, IA

Mary Landrieu Endorsements:
Iowa Senator Tom Harkin
Former New Hampshire Governor Jeanne Shaheen
New Hampshire Governor John Lynch

AFL-CIO
National Education Association

Already got Tom Harkin.

Iowa Governor Tom Vilsack?

Lumine is running as Vilsack.

That's right... I guess Loebsack Tongue

I have Loebsack, see the Endorsement thread, xD

Probably should check out that thread. Tongue
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2014, 01:08:01 PM »

Tom Vilsack: Campaign Affairs:

Recognizing that he needs to be extremely active on the trail to run a successful campaign against many challengers, Gov. Vilsack has decided to focus most of his energy to Iowa in order to ensure victory in the caucus and create a strong base of support. As of now the Vilsack campaign has opened several offices across the state in places like Cedar Rapids, Davenport, Sioux City and Waterloo, plus the HQ in Des Moines. The campaign has also made arrangements to open offices across the Midwest, with special emphasis given to states like Minnesota, Illinois and Michigan, but it will take some time for them to open. Since the Vilsack campaign doesn't have the financial might of candidates like Hillary Clinton, the Governor has chosen to innovate by using the internet in an extensive way, using his constantly updated website to inform voters and encourage supporters to make donations to the campaign. Campaign websites already were an important part of the process in the 2004 election, and they are bound to become even more crucial as more and more people have internet access. The campaign staff also believes that a win in Iowa could give the Governor the push he needs to surge and win a good number of primaries on Super Tuesday, which would enable the campaign to go for a long campaign. In the meantime, the Governor will also go through extensive debate training sessions to see if the debates and help to increase support and raise the profile of the underdog campaign.

Endorsements:

Iowa, September 2007:
While Governor Vilsack is at a disadvantage when having to fight several challengers in Iowa, he remains confident that he can muster enough support in the state given his record. As of now, he has been endorsed by the former Lt. Governor, Sally Penderson, and by the two current Democratic Representatives in the State: Dave Loebsack and Bruce Braley.

"In a field of strong candidates, I feel Tom Vilsack is without a doubt the best choice. What impresses me about him is his commitment to changing the way business is done in Washington. He understands that to pass universal health care, make energy independence a reality, and meet the other challenges we face, we need leadership that can bring all Americans together around a shared purpose, and that's something he proved that he can do as a Governor with a very successful record. His campaign is about energizing, organizing, and mobilizing ordinary Americans to get involved in their democracy, and that's something I fully support."

"Today, I'm proud to endorse Tom Vilsack for president. Throughout his Governorship, on issue after issue, Tom proposed bold ideas to end the power of special interests and restore our government for people. He is a Democratic candidate who grew up in rural America, and he has both progressive and far-reaching ideas. I truly believe he is the best Democratic candidate to lead us to victory in 2008, and Iowa can trust in his ability to lead and his compromise to this country. It's time for the Democrats of this great state to stand up and help Gov. Vilsack to ensure sure that all hard-working Iowans and all hard-working Americans have the opportunity to work hard, get ahead, and leave their children a better future.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #78 on: September 01, 2014, 01:21:32 PM »

Hillary Clinton Campaign Schedule

September 1, 2008

Speech at the National Veterinary Services, Ames Iowa

Some of us Democrats, like Barbara Lee, and Sheila Jackson Lee, tend to believe this is straight-up animal cruelty. The reality, unfortunately is not in such Black and White terms. Without this facility, Socks would never be able to have had the perfect treatment for certain pet cancers, because like in humans, the best way to cure diseases in animals is trial and error.

Meet Voters in Story City, Iowa

Meet Voters in Huxley, Iowa

September 2, 2008

Meet Voters in Moultonbourough, New Hampshire

Meet Voters in Wolfeboro, New Hampshire

Meet Voters in Alton, New Hampshire

Meet Voters in Northfield, New Hampshire

Speech at New Hampshire Motor Speedway

With our Environment in deeper and deeper peril with each passing year, it's long past time for NASCAR and it's subsidiaries and relatives to start switching over to more "green" energy sources, such as solar power.

25 lap race fundraiser at New Hampshire Motor Speedway (Racers are Tony Stewart, Juan Pablo Montoya, Boris Said, Ken Schrader and Danica Patrick)

September 3, 2008

Meet Voters in Beatty, Nevada

Meet Voters in Tonopah, Nevada

Meet Voters in Yerington, Nevada

Meet Voters in Fernley, Nevada

September 4, 2008

Speech in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Winning the nomination will be a long hard slog, but it's one I'm prepared to make. If I wasn't I wouldn't be running now, would I?

Speech at Kimbel Arena, Coastal Carolina University, Conway, South Carolina

Since I ran in 2004, and went to various colleges across the country, I've heard horror stories about the NCAA, and the various universities refusing to honor scholarships of players being cut, either because they either were not good enough, or because they could no longer play due to injury. This isn't just unfair, this is cruel and in my mind violates the 8th amendment.

Speech at Coker College, Hartsville, South Carolina

What we learned from the Ames Straw poll is that President Giuliani is vulnerable to a challenge from his right. We as Democrats certainly can capitalize, but we need the right opponent, and I'm not sure that person is running. I do believe the closest candidate that we can get is Speaker Gingrich, for rather obvious reasons. 

Speech at Limestone College, Gaffney, South Carolina

College Tuition rates can get extremely exorbitant, so as President I will mandate that the Department of Education will subsidize tuition rates up to the highest tuition rate that our states provide.

September 5, 2008

Meet Voters in Abbeville, South Carolina

Meet Voters in Eaton Rapids, Michigan

Meet Voters in Potterville, Michigan

September 6, 2008

Play 18 with Hillary Fundraiser at TPC Sawgrass Stadium Course, Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida ($3,000,000 to play 18 holes with Hillary Clinton)

September 7, 2008

Meet Voters in Hilliard, Florida

Meet Voters in Palatka, Florida

Meet Voters in Lynn Haven, Florida
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #79 on: September 01, 2014, 01:34:26 PM »

I will play as John McCain, as Giuliani surrogate in the primary and in the General Election.
DKrol, are you ok with this?
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #80 on: September 01, 2014, 02:02:27 PM »

Campaign Manager: Jim Jordan
Finance Director: Peter Maroney
Senior Policy Director: Sarah Bianchi
Communications Director: Stephanie Cutter
Director of Scheduling: Kaaren Hinck
Senior Strategist: Jill Alper
Senior Advisor: Michael Meehan

September 1, 2007-With Kathleen Sebelius
Meet Voters in Dubuqe, Iowa
Meet Voters in Ames, Iowa
Meet Voters in Council Bluffs, Iowa
Meet Voters in Waterloo, Iowa
Meet Voters in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

September 2, 2007-With Kathleen Sebelius
Meet Voters in Sioux City, Iowa
Meet Voters in Davenport, Iowa
Meet Voters in Des Moines, Iowa
Speech at University of Iowa in Iowa City, Iowa
Fly to New Hampshire

The story of people struggling for health care is the story of so many Americans. But it's not the story of senators and members of Congress. Because we give ourselves great health care and you get the bill. Your family's health care is just as important as any politician's in Washington DC. When I'm President, America will stop being the only advanced nation which fails to understand that health care is not a privilege for the wealthy, the connected, and the elected - it is a right for all Americans.

September 3, 2007-With Edward Kennedy
Meet Voters in Claremont, NH
Meet Voters in Laconia, NH
Meet Voters in Portsmouth, NH
Meet Voters in Keene, NH
Meet Voters in Rochester, NH

September 4, 2007-With Edward Kennedy
Meet Voters in Dover, NH
Meet Voters in Concord, NH
Meet Voters in Nashua, NH
Speech in Manchester, NH
Fly to South Carolina

We value an America forever independent of Mideast oil. What does it mean for our economy and national security when we only have 3% of the world's oil reserves, yet we rely on foreign countries for 53 percent of what we consume? We will rely on our own ingenuity and innovation, not the Saudi royal family. We will invest in new technologies and alternative fuels and the cars of the future so that no young American in uniform will ever be held hostage to our dependence on oil from the Middle East.

September 5, 2007-With Kathleen Sebelius
Meet Voters in Lexington, SC
Meet Voters in Greenwood, SC
Meet Voters in Anderson, SC
Meet Voters in Aiken, SC
Meet Voters in Florence, SC

September 6, 2007
Rest
Celebrate Family Birthdays (Brother Cameron and Daughter Alexandra)

September 7, 2007-With Kathleen Sebelius
Meet Voters in Spartanburg, SC
Meet Voters in Greenville, SC
Meet Voters in Columbia, SC
Meet Voters in Sumter, SC
Speech at College of Charleston

I believe public financing of vouchers for private schools is pushing the country in the wrong direction. Vouchers allocate resources not among competing public schools but out of the system entirely. Private schools accepting vouchers do not agree to accept kids on an equal basis & also do not guarantee that the voucher will cover the cost of education. And most objectionably, voucher schemes do not hold private schools accountable in any way for the educational results they achieve-or do not achieve.

(OOC: These are all actual Kerry Quotes)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2014, 02:07:52 PM »

I will play as John McCain, as Giuliani surrogate in the primary and in the General Election.
DKrol, are you ok with this?

Yes, thank you.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #82 on: September 01, 2014, 02:49:42 PM »

Surrogate Schedules

Senator Tom Harkin

"Voters in Iowa are struggling to make it, and they are not helped by the policies of this administration and their insistent on a constant state of war. We need Howard Dean, because Howard Dean will fix the problems of this country, and make sure that the little guy is looked out for. Some Democrats want to move toward the center in a bid for the Presidency, but I think the Democratic Party needs to hold to its principles of good governance."

September 1st - 3rd, 2007: Barnstorming in Iowa with Fmr. Gov. Howard Dean
September 4th - 5th, 2007: Senate Duties
September 6th - 7th, 2007: Barnstorming in Iowa with Fmr. Gov. Howard Dean

Fmr. Senator Bill Bradley

"Howard Dean speaks truth to power. The God's honest truth is that if we don't change the system, nothing else will change. Howard Dean is someone who knows how to change the system, and he's done great things in Vermont. I believe he will make a great President, and that's why I am planning on endorsing him."

September 1st - 4th, 2007: Barnstorming in New Hampshire with Carol Shea-Porter
September 5th, 2007: Rest
September 6th - 7th, 2007: Barnstorming in New Hampshire

Congresswoman Carol Shea-Porter

"You know what I like about Howard Dean? His donations are from individuals. He's running the honest populist campaign, running a campaign by the people, for the people. I think that is a crucial issue because, let's face it, special interests control this control, and President free from corporate greed would be a President with an ability to get things done for everyone. That's why I support Howard Dean, and why you should too."

September 1st - 5th: Barnstorming in New Hampshire with Bill Bradley
September 6th- 7th: Congressional Duties

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #83 on: September 01, 2014, 04:40:36 PM »

Tom Vilsack's Schedule:
September 1st to September 7th:

"Many believe that due to low polling this campaign doesn't have a chance, but I believe that such a view is plainly wrong. The Democratc Part has many underdogs in its history that won their respective races, hundreds of hard working candidates who defeated the odds by fighting as hard as they could. When I ran for Governor in 1998 nobody thought I could win the primary, and I did. After that, I was trailing my opponent by twenty points, and the pundits wrote me off right away. And what happened? I fought, I got out there to the campaign trail, to speak to the voters and make my case to them. And I won that race, against all odds, becoming the Governor of this great state. And well, this is exactly the same, I plan to campaign as hard as I can to win the support of all Iowans to win the caucus and prove that it can be done, that the underdog can and will win in 2008."

September 1st:
-Illinois/Minnesota, I:
-Minnesota:
 -Rally in Minneapolis, MN.
 -Fundraiser in Minneapolis, MN.
 -Meeting with Democratic officers and donors in the state.
-Illinois:
 -Rally in Chicago, IL.
 -Fundraiser in Chicago, IL.
 -Meeting with Democratic officers and donors in the state.

"Gentlemen, I need your support. I feel it's imperative we go out to the general election with a candidate with executive experience, a man who's tested and that has proved that he can work with both parties while standing up for his own ideas. That's what the Democratic Party needs now, and it's hard to see that argument as credible when many of our own candidates were quick to support George Bush's invasion of Iraq. How can we bring the fight to President Giuliani and Mayor Bloomberg with such a record? How can we fight for what we stand for? That's a question that has to be asked, and I would ask each of you to carefully consider what could happen in this election. Some won't believe me, but I think I can win this race. And having the support of some of you would really make the difference, thank you very much."

September 2nd:
-Iowa, I:
-Rally in Des Moines, IA.
-Tour of Des Moines, IA:
  -Fundraiser in 801 Grand Towers.
  -Visit to Drake University and Grand Drake University.
  -Canvassing across town.
  -Manning the phones in Des Moines HQ.

September 3rd:
-Iowa, II:
-Town Hall in Bettendorf, IA.
-Town Hall in Clinton, IA.
-Town Hall in Burlington, IA.
-Town Hall in Ottumba, IA.
-Rally in Ankeny, IA.
-Appearance on Iowa Press.

"So, yeah, we’re a different kind of campaign. An underdog, an outsider, call it what you will. And yet, I think we're doing pretty fine considering the competition we have and the fact that we don't have as many resources as, say, Senators Clinton or Lincoln have. I do think that the fact that we're using internet and social media to promote our campaign is a huge asset, because it allows for the voter to know what I stand for and what is my campaign's plan. You see, this campaign is committed to engaging voters across America and share our vision for  fighting to end our dependence on foreign oil, to reform health care and to address Iraq with a time table far shorter to what the President has talked about. We'll use our website and cutting edge technology to minimize the barriers of time and space to give our supporters unprecedented access to our campaign, and I think the voters will appreciate that. We will also release some comprehensive plans regarding key issues as the next weeks go, I think this type of issues-based campaign is something that we all need, and it's certainly what Iowa deserves."

September 4th:
-Iowa, III:
-Town Hall in Fort Dodge, IA.
-Town Hall in Muscatine, IA.
-Town Hall in Coralville, IA.
-Town Hall in Johnston, IA.
-Rally in Cedar Falls, IA.

September 5th:
-Iowa, IV:
-Rally and Barnstorm in Mason City, IA.
-Rally and Barnstorm in Marshalltown, IA.
-Rally and Barnstorm in West Des Moines, IA.
-Debate training in Des Moines HQ.
-Meeting with supporters in Des Moines, IA.

"There has been a lot of talk about the fact that I don't seem to have a commanding lead in Iowa as of now, and some perhaps think that if the Governor can't win enough support then he is not as popular as he think he is. But if there's something true about Iowans is that they cannot be taken for granted. They want to know their candidates, they want to make sure they are voting for the right man, and I would never be so arrogant as to believe I have automatically earned their votes. No, Iowans appreciate pure hard work, and that's what I am planning to give them."

September 6th:
-Iowa, V:
-Bus Tour in Urbandale, IA.
-Bus Tour in Dubuque, IA.
-Bus Tour in Sioux City, IA.
-Bus Tour in Iowa City, IA.
-Bus Tour in Marion, IA.

September 7th:
-Iowa, VI:
-Fundraiser in Milwaukee, WI.
-Rally in Ames, IA.
-Rally in Council Bluffs, IA.
-Interview with local media.
-Rally in Davenport, IA.

"The world today is filled with real threats and real problems. Families struggle with skyrocketing healthcare costs and rising college tuition, and it's becoming harder and harder for many of them to deal with these issues. I want to encourage you to take a stand with me, to pursue an agenda of bold change: Let us develop a healthcare system that prevents illness, cures diseases and helps people live longer healthier lives, a healthcare system that doesn't take away every penny in their bank accounts after a lifetime of sacrifice and hard work. Let us fight for an education system that helps every child become as inquisitive and creative as God intended them to be. If we are to compete in a tough, global economy, Americans must remain the most innovative people on earth. I believe most if not all Democrats agree that we need to lead the change to achieve significant reform in Health Care and Education, for those issues will be key for a better future for all Americans."
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2014, 07:39:28 PM »

Endorsements for Hillary Clinton

Centennial Olympic Park, Atlanta, Georgia

I like all of the candidates we have, but there's a reason Bill Clinton was called the "first black President", and there's no reason to think Hillary won't keep intact, or even improve those policies.

Park Hills, Missouri

People seem to forget that Senator Clinton was leading in delegates when she exited the race four years ago. She's already shown the skill needed to win the nomination, and now all she needs to do is seal the deal. I believe she can, and I believe she can win in November.

Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, Nevada

Hillary Clinton is the candidate who I believe is best positioned to win the state I represent-Nevada, both during primary season, and in November, and that is why she has earned my endorsement.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #85 on: September 01, 2014, 07:54:44 PM »

Giuliani Endorsements

Governor Donald Trump: "Rudy has been a great President - he's winning the Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the economy is doing great, and America is becoming truly independent from foreign oil tycoons. Four more years!"

Senator George Allen: "I ran against the President four years ago, and I thought about doing it again. But it's clear that Rudy has the support of the American people and he can win again, regardless of who the Democrats nominate. He has my full and unwavering support.

Former President George W. Bush: "Rudy was my Vice President for 6 months. We worked very close during that time. Since he assumed office, America has gone uphill - in economics, in domestic affairs, in foreign policy. It's been a great last four years, and it's time for four more."

U.S. Chamber of Commerce: "President Giuliani has taken steps to promote the creation of new businesses in the energy industry while still protecting traditional jobs in the coal and oil industries. He has our fill support for a second term."

International Association of Fire Fighters: "Rudy was there on September 11th. He was there during Hurricane Katrina, and we trust that he will be there in the future. We trust Rudy Giuliani to lead our nation for another four years."
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #86 on: September 01, 2014, 08:18:01 PM »
« Edited: September 01, 2014, 08:19:52 PM by IDS Emperor Maxwell »

Howard Dean for America: Ads for this Turn

Due to a low budget, these ads will only air in New Hampshire and Iowa, but they will air for the next two weeks.

Howard Dean Ad - "Straight Talk

"I'm Howard Dean, and it's time for the truth. Because the truth is, President Giuliani's wartime policies sacrifice American freedom, Republican tax cuts are killing our economy and costing us jobs, and too many Democrats in Washington are afraid to stand up for what we believe in. I'll put Americans back to work, give every American good healthcare, and give Americans a real choice in November. I'm Howard Dean, I'm running for President, and I approve this message, because it's time to take our country back!"

Howard Dean Ad - "Commitment"

"In Vermont, Howard Dean was called to action by his country to serve as Governor. And he did so in an American fashion. He balanced the budget, gave more Vermonters a chance at healthcare, signed the nation's first civil unions bill into law even when it was unpopular. In the primary, vote Howard Dean for President, he's committed to this country, because he's committed, to serving you.

I'm Howard Dean and I approve this message."
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #87 on: September 01, 2014, 11:00:27 PM »

Lincoln Endorsements, I

National Organization of Women; NOW

Rep. James Clyburn, SC-6

Planned Parenthood

Sen. Joe Biden, DE
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #88 on: September 01, 2014, 11:43:21 PM »
« Edited: September 02, 2014, 12:05:12 AM by badgate »

GOTV & Talking Points

GOTV

The campaign has raised enough to hire Field Directors for the first three primary states. John Frew managed the Senatorial campaigns of Sen. Tom Harkin in 1984, 1990, and 2002. In New Hampshire we have hired Mike Vlacich, who managed the successful campaign of New Hampshire Gov. John Lynch and his successful re-election campaign in 2006. And finally in South Carolina we have hired Andrew Whalen. Mr. Whalen was Deputy Campaign Manager & Communications Director for Rep. Heath Shuler in his 2006 campaign for North Carolina's 11th congressional district, and has served as Communications Director for the House of Representatives office until taking a job on the Lincoln campaign.

The campaign has also raised enough to film its first television ad on Sept. 7th. In addition, we have purchased the records from Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina's Secretaries of State of the voter rolls from the three previous Democratic primaries/caucus. The purpose of the field operation at this early stage will be to reach as many of these people as possible, in multiple ways including telephone, canvass, and e-mail, and leave them with Blanche's record and platform.

The campaign has also formed an affinity group, Women for Blanche, where women in communities will come together to phone bank exclusively to women voters about the issues and Blanche's record and platform. An announcement in New Hampshire is planned for September 9th.

Talking Points

Blanche Lincoln has worked tirelessly for our children. As head of the Gates Foundation, Blanche put modern computers and information technology in thousands of classrooms and secured funding for school repairs and maintenance in exactly 489 school districts nationwide.

Blanche is a proud mother. She has been endorsed by the National Organization for Women, and will be a constant advocate for working mothers like herself who care about their community.

As President, Blanche Lincoln fight for union households and worker's rights. President Giuliani promised to raise the minimum wage, but when America called him to action, he bailed. Blanche has always been an advocate for not a minimum wage but a livable wage. And she strongly supports the right to assemble and collectively bargain with their employers.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #89 on: September 01, 2014, 11:46:39 PM »

The campaign has raised enough to hire Field Directors for the first three primary states. Craig Varoga previously managed the gubernatorial campaigns of Gov. Tom Vilsack, who is currently running for President as well. In New Hampshire we have hired Mike Vlacich, who managed the successful campaign of New Hampshire Gov. John Lynch and his successful re-election campaign in 2006. And finally in South Carolina we have hired Andrew Whalen. Mr. Whalen was Deputy Campaign Manager & Communications Director for Rep. Heath Shuler in his 2006 campaign for North Carolina's 11th congressional district, and has served as Communications Director for the House of Representatives office until taking a job on the Lincoln campaign.

Sorry, badgate, I took Craig Varoga as my campaign manager at the start of the game, xD
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #90 on: September 01, 2014, 11:54:47 PM »

The campaign has raised enough to hire Field Directors for the first three primary states. Craig Varoga previously managed the gubernatorial campaigns of Gov. Tom Vilsack, who is currently running for President as well. In New Hampshire we have hired Mike Vlacich, who managed the successful campaign of New Hampshire Gov. John Lynch and his successful re-election campaign in 2006. And finally in South Carolina we have hired Andrew Whalen. Mr. Whalen was Deputy Campaign Manager & Communications Director for Rep. Heath Shuler in his 2006 campaign for North Carolina's 11th congressional district, and has served as Communications Director for the House of Representatives office until taking a job on the Lincoln campaign.

Sorry, badgate, I took Craig Varoga as my campaign manager at the start of the game, xD

OOC: Obviously he resigned after a few weeks for Lincoln.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #91 on: September 02, 2014, 12:02:14 AM »

Mary Landrieu Campaign Ad

When Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans, Senator Landrieu knew that a tremendous of work had to be done. While working in Washington, she fought for the victims of this natural disaster, securing $120 billion in federal funds for the recovery effort. Mary has been committed to reforming FEMA to ensure the nation’s disaster response arm is speedy and effective the next time a disaster strikes the United States. If a disaster hits your home, you will not be alone with a President Landrieu.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #92 on: September 02, 2014, 02:12:16 AM »

Mark Sanford Campaign Schedule: September 1-7

This election, and this primary, is about a choice: Do we want to stick with the same establishment politicians who go along to get along and forget about who brought them to office along the way? Or, would you rather have a clear-cut, principled leader who fights for you every step of the way? I'm running to give voters the choice that they need. Ladies and gentlemen, this election has officially begun, and I'll need your help more than ever these next few months!

September 1
With Jim DeMint
-Town Hall in Clemson, SC
-Town Hall in Forest Acres, SC
-Town Hall in York, SC
-Rally and Fundraiser in Florence, SC
-Rally and Fundraiser in Mount Pleasant, SC

I've fought for South Carolina my whole political career, first as a Congressman, and now as your Governor. I've never backed away from my beliefs, even if I've gotten flak from my fellow Republicans on certain issues. Disagreeing with me or whoever else is okay, but we have too many politicians who want to undermine other opinions and get everybody to think the same way. I'm not like that. I've never forgotten about my roots here in this state, and I've sought to be your independent voice the whole way. Running for President is really no different at its core. I need your help once more, South Carolina. Will you join me in this campaign and fight for your freedoms?

September 2
With Jim DeMint
-Rally and Fundraiser in Sumter, SC
-Rally and Fundraiser in Spartanburg, SC
-Rally and Fundraiser in Greenville, SC
-Rally and Fundraiser in Charleston, SC
-Rally and Fundraiser in Columbia, SC

I'm joined here on stage by my good friend, Senator DeMint. He and I both agree that conservatism is alive and well in South Carolina and across the country! Unfortunately, our President hasn't been living up to the spirit of the party or of the people who elected him in the first place. There's nothing wrong with deviating from the party platform a little, but President Giuliani hasn't followed some of our basic principles as Republicans, and I know y'all are as concerned about this as Senator DeMint and I are. The ways things are going, I don't think the President speaks for many Republicans, and I want you to know that he's not your only choice in 2008.

September 3
-Meet and Greet in Cheraw, SC
-Meet and Greet in Dillon, SC
-Meet and Greet in Woodruff, SC
-Meet and Greet in Barnwell, SC
-Interviews with local media

September 4
-Town Hall in Indianola, IA
-Town Hall in Altoona, IA
-Town Hall in Grimes, IA
-Town Hall in Perry, IA
-Town Hall in Le Mars, IA

IOWAN: How are you going to get the fiscal situation down in Washington fixed?

SANFORD: That's a good question, I'm glad you asked that. I've made it very clear that I'm a strong fiscal conservative, and anybody who's worked with me or has followed me can attest to that. I've been managing South Carolina for almost five years now and I've worked to keep government in check while also making sure that our people don't suffer. We have a bloated federal government and there are plenty of areas where we can cut or reform. In Congress, I co-sponsored a balanced budget amendment proposal, which I still support. Almost every state has to balance their budgets, so I don't see why Washington should be exempt from that. I also think a line-item veto is a good idea, so that as President you would be able to negate some of the worst parts of a spending bill that came from an out-of-control Congress. We can get rid of our deficit and slash our debt with some common-sense measures, and it will do us all some good when we're done.

September 5
-Meet and Greet in Adel, IA
-Meet and Greet in Hampton, IA
-Meet and Greet in Spirit Lake, IA
-Town Hall in Denison, IA
-Meeting with state Republican legislators in Des Moines, IA

September 6
-Meet and Greet in De Witt, IA
-Meet and Greet in Vinton, IA
-Bus Tour in Fort Dodge, IA
-Bus Tour in Mason City, IA
-Bus Tour in Bettendorf, IA

September 7
With Steve Merrill
-Town Hall in Seabrook, NH
-Town Hall in Conway, NH
-Town Hall in Hollis, NH
-Rally and Fundraiser in Concord, NH
-Rally and Fundraiser in Nashua, NH

New Hampshire, I know you're excited! Some people in the media may write us off, saying that we have no chance at all against a juggernaut like the President. I disagree with that premise, though. Pat Buchanan gave George Bush a good scare in this state back in 1992, even when he was still riding high. What do Rudy Giuliani and George Bush have in common? Conservatives don't trust them like they used to. New Hampshire is the Live Free or Die state, a true beacon of liberty and independence. You won't go for just anybody--they have to earn your support first. I may be from the South, but we have a lot in common. I've stood for limited government and free enterprise from the very beginning, with unwavering support, and many voters are looking for someone who can actually walk the walk on these issues. This will be an uphill battle, sure, but this is one that I relish!

Mark Sanford Endorsements

Sen. Jim DeMint: While I may have decided to not run for President myself, the people need a clear conservative alternative to President Giuliani, and Governor Sanford easily fills that role. He has been a consistent voice for small government and he is uniquely qualified for the job. I am proud to stand with Mark in this campaign.

Former Gov. Steve Merrill: Governor Sanford is a good fit for New Hampshire. He represents the same kinds of values that I've worked to advance when I was Governor some years ago, and he stands out for me as the best candidate. Republicans can't go wrong with nominating Mark Sanford!

FreedomWorks: FreedomWorks is proud to endorse Mark Sanford for President of the United States. Sanford has been consistent in his opposition to raising federal spending and accumulating debt throughout his political career. As Governor of South Carolina, he enacted reforms ranging from taxes to education and has been rated as the nation's most fiscally conservative governor. It is clear that there is no better candidate who will stand up for limited government and individual liberty.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #93 on: September 02, 2014, 04:23:39 AM »

Newt Gingrich Schedule

September 1 2007

- 9:30 AM: Meet and greet at shopping mall in Ames, Iowa
- 11:00 AM: Meeting with campaign staff in Ames, Iowa
- 12:00 PM: Lunch and meeting with Iowa Field Director in Ames
- 2:00 PM: Speech to Ankeny Republicans

September 2 2007
-  Rally and speech to supporters in Des Moines, Iowa announcing intention to introduce Balanced Budget Amendment
-  Barnstorming through Des Moines, Iowa
-  Barnstorming through Madison Country, Iowa
-  Fundraiser in Davenport, Iowa

September 3 2007
-  Meet and greet in Davenport, Iowa
-  Flight to and fundraiser in Las Vegas, Nevada
-  Rally and speech in North Las Vegas, Nevada
-  Town Hall in Tonopah, Nevada
-  Town Hall in Battle Mountain, Nevada

September 4 2007
- Bus tour in Boone, Iowa
- Bus tour in Jefferson, Iowa
- Bus tour in Carroll, Iowa
- Speech in Denison, Iowa
- Press Conference with Rep. Steve King announcing his endorsement

September 5 2007
- Campaigning with Steve King in Harlan, Iowa
- Campaigning with Steve King in Council Bluffs, Iowa
- Town Hall in Underwood, Iowa
- Town Hall in Atlantic, Iowa
- Town Hall in Greenfield, Iowa

September 6 2007
- Rally with supporters in Manchester, New Hampshire
- Barnstorming through Merrimack,  New Hampshire
- Town Hall in Brentwood, New Hampshire
- Town Hall in Ossipee, New Hampshire
- Dinner with local fundraisers, Manchester, New Hampshire

September 7 2007

- Bus tour in Newport, New Hampshire
- Bus tour in Haverhill, New Hampshire
- Bus tour in Lancaster, New Hampshire

Newt Gingrich Endorsement

Representative Steve King

Newt Gingrich is a proven conservative. During his time as Speaker and after that he has remained consistent in his stand for conservative beliefs. I trust him over the current President in this matter.
Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lt. Gov. RGN
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix
E: 2.31, S: 4.47

« Reply #94 on: September 02, 2014, 06:42:16 AM »
« Edited: September 02, 2014, 05:22:34 PM by RGN08 »

I'm not really that good in grammar.
All Americans Unite: Evan Bayh
September 1-7, 2007

President Giuliani propelled us into a massive unemployement since the 1980s, millions without healthcare, and so much more. I know, when President Bush was at the helm, I backed him in starting the War in Iraq but this has gone too much, we should end this war peacefully and not by weaponry and fear.

September 1,2007
Town hall meeting at Sioux City, Iowa
Meet and Greet at Waterloo, Iowa
Prepare for guest appearance at This Week
Issues Presentation at Cedar Rapids, Iowa

This Week appearance (some questions)
George Stephanopoulos (Washington): Many people said that in your speech yesterday, you flip-flopped your stance on Iraq, for you, is this considered as windsurfing?
Evan Bayh (Iowa): You know, George, I won’t consider this as windsurfing.  I personally anticipated at the start, it will end peacefully. Now, many countries now is allegedly possessing weapons of mass destruction and it may harm America’s interests. We should not enter into a nuclear race, we should promote peace ,to end this war now and to withdraw all American troops in Iraq.
GS: A new poll shows that you are: 13 points behind the President,4th at the Democratic nomination poll, 6th at the Iowa caucuses, 5th at NH, and 5th also at South Carolina. What is your reaction?
EB: George, even though we are still lagging behind the President, it is still early to decide who will be heading to the White House. Maybe, they still don’t know who is Evan Bayh. Our campaign is spreading the word everywhere of our desire to make America more greater than ever and of course, I’m also doing my part like crisscrossing around the country, now in Iowa. In the primary polls, it is a superb news that we are fourth at the Democratic nomination poll, doing it little by little and we can win the mandate of the people. At IA, NH and SC, same, later, they will know who is Evan Bayh.
GS: What is your reaction on the crowded Democratic field?
EB: It signifies, many people want change. It shows that, even though we are opponents and trying to reach to the top, we are still a team, committing to make America more greater than ever.
GS: Thanks for joining us, Senator Bayh
EB: Welcome, George.

September 2, 2007
Appearance at This Week
Election of the new state’s campaign committee (campaign office)
Meet and greet at Davenport,Iowa
Barnstorming at Iowa City, Iowa

September 3, 2007
Issues presentation at Clinton County, Iowa
Speech and barnstorming at Des Moines, Iowa (filmed)
Meeting with the new Evan Bayh’s 2008 Iowa campaign council at Dubuque, Iowa
Fundraising dinner and press conference at West Des Moines, Iowa
(10 PM CT)- left Iowa for New Hampshire

You want change right? The person in front of you believes in: gun control, national health care, environmental substitution of coal and oil, immigrants should have a right to be Americans, make our military power stronger and making sure that campaign funds are controlled to ensure transparency! These stances are just a few, looking at my record, there is still more and it will impact your decision when you go to the polls. When you go to the polls, vote for a ‘’people’s president’’ and not a ‘’sectoral president’’! Thank You and God Bless the USA!

September 4, 2007
(5 AM to 9 AM) Fundraising Run at Nashua, NH. (filmed)
Election and meeting of the new state’s campaign committee
Town Hall at Concord, NH
Rally at Salem, NH

September 5, 2007
Issues presentation at Derry, NH
Barnstorming at Dover, NH
Meet and greet at Rochester, NH
Grand Night Fundraiser (issues presentation, dinner, speech and press conference) at Manchester, NH (filmed)
11 PM- left New Hampshire for South Carolina

People of New Hampshire,  Good Evening! You know, for the past two days, I’ve received an overwhelming support from you and I would want to thank you for that. For the past… ummm.. 21 years, I’ve devoted myself into public service in my state. As governor : I implemented a $1.6 billion tax cut that is the largest in our state’s history , balanced the budget, modernizing our state’s education,  creating new jobs, and making sure our state is safe. Nine years ago, I was elected to become a senator, I fought the same as I was the state’s governor and still today, fighting for change. Now, I want to serve all Americans, I know it was very hard to succeed but as I was telling my staff, little by little and we can do it. When going to the polls, vote for the man who wants change and who will make America great again. Good evening and God Bless the USA!

September 6, 2007
Campaign related items sale(fundraising) at SC
Barnstorming and rally at Mount Pleasant, SC
Election of the new state’s campaign committee
Meet and greet at Greenville, SC
Issues presentation at North Charleston, SC

September 7,2007
Town Hall at Rock Hill, SC (filmed)
Town Hall at Summerville, SC (filmed)
Preparing for Face the Nation appearance on Sunday
Dinner Fundraising at Florence, SC (filmed)
(candidate is still at SC)
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: September 02, 2014, 07:45:25 AM »

Bayh Endorsements

U.S Rep. Rahm Emanuel Looking over the past years, what Sen. Bayh did for his state is simply impressive. I believe he can also do it here, on America.

Former US Senator from Colorado, Gary Hart 24 years ago: when I ran for the Democratic nomination, I fought for change. 20 years ago, my candidacy was marred with scandals but even after that, I still continue to fight for change. I know Sen. Evan Bayh will be a newer Democrat, still fighting for change here in America.

Former US Senator from Minnesota, Vice President and 1984 Democratic Nominee, Walter Mondale In 1984, I ran for the Presidency but I lost. We learn from the mistakes from the past. Last week, Sen. Bayh approached me and asked for advice. I said: you are more stronger than me,my strategy didn’t work and I was the loser in 49 states (*laughs).  But he said: Mr. Mondale, losing doesn’t mean that we won’t follow your strategy, we put that strategy in and we learn from these mistakes to create a better strategy. He has the wisdom to become a leader of this nation and I believe that Sen. Bayh will be a good president and can make America a better nation.

League of Conservation Voters Senator Bayh continues to fight for the environment, advocating for coal and oil alternatives, protecting animal rights, and to increase awareness for global warming. LCV therefore, believe that Sen. Bayh will fight for the environment if he had the opportunity to have his voice be heard.

The Times of Northwest Indiana Senator Bayh is a good leader. Look at his record, leadership with the voice of the people. Leaving the position of governor with a very high approval, now continuing his public service at the Senate, he will make America a great nation like what he did for Indiana.
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: September 02, 2014, 08:10:52 AM »
« Edited: September 02, 2014, 08:28:28 AM by RGN08 »

Ad: Life of Evan
September 1-7, 2007

I'm Evan Bayh and I approve this message

The person that you are looking now is Sen. Evan Bayh. Born in Indiana, son of Former Sen. Birch Bayh.

A dedicated lawyer, chose to run for public office in 1986.

There his service for the state of Indiana starts, when he became the Secretary of State of Indiana. Three years later, Evan Bayh became the governor of Indiana. He implemented a $ 1.6 billion tax cut which is the largest in the state’s history, modernized the state’s education, created more jobs, and was elected Senator in 1998 and still, his job is not yet done.

Change? Vote for Evan Bayh, a man fighting for change.

Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #97 on: September 02, 2014, 09:52:18 AM »

Ralph Nader - Endorsements and Field Organizations:

Dennis Kucinich

"Four years ago, I had the honour to run as the green party candidate, and we achieved a lot. We showed America that there is no need for just two choices of the same, but that it is far better to have a real third, or fourth, or fifth choice. This year, Ralph Nader is this third choice. I have adored Ralph for a long time, and his long, relentless efforts for consumer protection, the environment and the working people have showed me that he is just the best choice America can make."

Bernie Sanders

"You know, three years ago, when the states were called in the 2004 election night, I was really proud of my home state of Vermont, for deciding against the two major party candidates, but instead choosing a real alternative, with Dennis Kucinich. This year, Ralph Nader is running as the candidate of the Green Party, and he is just the same great choice for America as Dennis was three years ago. He is the only candidate that cares for America, the only one that has not been corrupted by Washington and Wall Street business interests. Go ahead America, this man is there for you!"

Sierra Club

"Of all the candidates running for the office of president this turn, Ralph Nader has easily been the single one that cares the most for our environment. An activist for a long time, he has for long championed for the same issues we care for. As such, he is the best choice, for us and for America.

Field Organizations - September 2007

Northeast:
led by Howie Hawkins

• Establishing campaign offices in Boston, Burlington, Hartford, Albany, New York City and Portland
  • Recruiting interns and volunteers, for both continous and temporary (from May 2008 on) use
  • Special focus on campuses and colleges

West:
led by Rocky Anderson

• Establishing campaign offices in Seattle, Portland, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Sacramento, Anchorage, Denver and Honolulu
  • Recruiting interns and volunteers, for both continous and temporary (from May 2008 on) use

Midwest and South:
led by Dennis Kucinich

• Establishing campaign offices in Cleveland, Chicago, Madison, Minneapolis, Fargo, Detroit, Austin, Miami, Washington DC and Charleston
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: September 02, 2014, 10:12:39 AM »
« Edited: September 02, 2014, 10:25:28 AM by RGN08 »

Ad: All America PAC (Peace)
September 5-7, 2007

Looking over New Hampshire, where we met together, ran together, and get to know with each other.

It reminds of us of what we are now dealing in Iraq, Afghanistan and in other countries

Weapons of mass destruction, we are reminding you today, like 44 years ago.

Let us make peace with other countries,let us be united each other to promote WORLD PEACE

A friendly reminder from All America PAC

Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #99 on: September 02, 2014, 10:26:07 AM »
« Edited: September 02, 2014, 10:29:13 AM by Cris »

John McCain

"It's my privilege endorse President Rudy Giuliani for re-election. Rudy Giuliani is a great president that is moving America on the right track and we need four more years of President Giuliani. Our party needs to be united with Rudy Giuliani to win the General Election and make America strong!"

On the Campaign Trail for Rudy Giuliani!

September 1, 2007

Town Hall in Derry, NH.
Rally in Salem, NH.
Meeting with Giuliani Campaign Volunteers in Dover, NH.

September 2, 2007

Meet and Greet in Concord, NH.
Press Conference in Hudson, NH.
Rally in Bedford, NH.
Town Hall in Epping, NH.

September 3, 2007

Congressional Duties in Washington, DC.
Fundraiser in Washington, DC.

September 4, 2007

Meeting with Giuliani Campaign Volunteers in Charleston, SC.
Town Hall in Charleston, SC.
Rally in Spartanburg, SC.
Rally in Easley, SC.

September 5, 2007

Town Hall in Irmo, SC.
Meet and Greet in Clemson, SC.
Rally in Columbia, SC.
Meet and Greet in Columbia, SC.

September 6, 2007

Rally in Phoenix, AZ.
Town Hall in Surprise, AZ.
Fundraiser in Tucson, AZ.

September 7, 2007

Town Hall in Des Moines, IA.
Rally in Iowa City, IA.
Meet and Greet in Ames, IA.
Meeting with Giuliani Campaign Volunteers in Marion, IA.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 34  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies