2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:09:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 34
Author Topic: 2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread  (Read 77235 times)
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: September 02, 2014, 04:24:49 PM »

Jesse Ventura Campaign Schedule:

Sept. 1:
Kickoff Campaign in Duluth, MN
Organize Volunteers and Campaign Staff in Minnesota
Interview with ABC News (and local affiliate stations)
Rally and Speech in St. Paul, MN

Sept. 2:
Organize and Rally Volunteers
Organize GOTV campaign in MN
Interview with NBC News (and local affiliate stations)
Rally and Speech in Minneapolis, MN

Sept. 3:
Organize and Rally Volunteers
Fundraiser
Interview with CBS News (and local affiliates)
Rally and Speech in Rochester, MN

Sept. 4:
Organize and Rally Volunteers in ND
Organize GOTV campaign in ND
Interview with FOX News (and local affiliate stations)
Rally and Speech in Fargo, ND

Sept. 5:
Organize and Rally Volunteers in ND
Fundraiser
Interview with 20/20
Rally and Speech in Bismark, ND

Sept. 6:
Organize and Rally Volunteers in SD
Organize GOTV campaign in SD
Interview with Charlie Rose
Rally and Speech in Rapid City, SD

Sept. 7:
Organize and Rally Volunteers in SD
Fundraiser
Interview with Morning Joe
Rally and Speech in Sioux Falls, SD
Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lt. Gov. RGN
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix
E: 2.31, S: 4.47

« Reply #101 on: September 02, 2014, 05:29:40 PM »

Can someone play for Evan Bayh's surrogate?
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #102 on: September 02, 2014, 08:12:21 PM »

Giuliani Surrogate Schedules

Governor Donald Trump
Sept. 1st-Sept. 3rd:
Gubernatorial Duties
Sept. 5th-7th:
Barnstorming for President Giuliani in New Hampshire

Senator George Allen
Sept. 1st-Sept. 5th:
Barnstorming for President Giuliani in Iowa
Sept. 6th:
Senatorial Duties
Sept. 7th:
Barnstorming for President Giuliani in South Carolina

Former President George W. Bush
Sept. 1st-Sept. 5th:
Private Affairs
Sept. 6th-Sept. 7th:
Barnstorming for President Giuliani in Iowa

Senator John McCain
Sept. 1st-7th:
See Cris' post

U.S. Chamber of Commerce
Sept. 1st-7th:
Ad buys in key states

International Association of Fire Fighters
Sept. 1st-7th:
GOTV Efforts in Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #103 on: September 03, 2014, 01:11:37 AM »

Radio Ad: 2008

LINCOLN: This is a year for change. I'm Blanche Lincoln, former CEO of the Gates Foundation, and candidate for President. At the Gates Foundation I worked to put thousands of new computers and information technology in the hands of underprivileged students. When I served Arkansas in the United States Senate, I was a tireless fighter for my neighbors of all political stripes, and fiercely defended the rights of workers while fighting to raise the minimum wage. When you go to caucus this January, remember this: I'm Blanche Lincoln, and I'll never sell you out or for a donation. I'll never betray my values for a vote. And you'd better believe I approved this message.

BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #104 on: September 03, 2014, 01:28:25 AM »

Radio Ad: Newt Gingrich

GINGRICH: Newt Gingrich here. When I decided to run for President, I decided to run for all the people of this country who are worried about where we're going as a nation. People who are worried about their jobs, their homes, their children's future and the future of the USA. I'm running to fix the economy, create jobs, make Americans safer both at home and abroad. Our debt continues to spiral out of control and we're still fighting the dangerous cancer of terrorism. When it's your turn to vote in January, make sure it's a vote for America. I'm Newt Gingrich and I wholeheartedly approve this message.

Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #105 on: September 03, 2014, 08:17:15 AM »
« Edited: September 03, 2014, 03:16:14 PM by Senator Cranberry »

Ralph Nader Surrogates Schedule:

Dennis Kucinich:
September 1st: Congressional duties
September 2nd: Barnstorming and campaigning at Labor Day parade and festivities in Cleveland
September 3rd: Meeting with possible Green Party candidates for public offices in Wisconsin, Michigan and Ohio in Cleveland
September 4th - September 5th: Congressional duties
September 6th: Press conference with Ralph Nader in Cleveland, Barnstorming with him in Cleveland
September 7th: Barnstorming in Cleveland and Lakewood, Ohio

Bernie Sanders:
September 1st: Senatorial duties
September 2nd: Announcing endorsement in press conference with Ralph Nader 
September 3rd - September 4th: Senatorial duties
September 5th: Barnstorming and campaigning in South Burlington and Montepelier, VT
September 6th: Barnstorming and campaigning in Rutland and Ludow, VT
September 7th: Barnstorming and campaigning in St Albans and Burlington, VT

Green Party of the United States - State Groups for Down-Ballot Campaigning Efforts

"To coordinate efforts to elect Green Party members to "down-ballot" public offices, the following state groups are formed, easening the process for greens running for public offices. The state groups campaigns are independent from Ralph Nader's presidential campaign, yet both will coordinate and work together. State groups will be led by a prominent green of the area.

New England - Bernie Sanders
New York - Howie Hawkins
Mid Atlantic - Cheri Honkala
Appalachians - Eugene Puryear
Great Lakes - Dennis Kucinich
Midwest - Rich Whitney
North - Winona LaDuke
South - Cynthia McKinney
Mountains - Rocky Anderson
Southwest - David Cobb
California - Matt Gonzalez
Pacific - Jim Sykes
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #106 on: September 03, 2014, 09:23:01 AM »

Radio and Television Ad: Issues (various)
September 1-7, 2007

I'm Evan Bayh and I approve this message

Sen. Evan: Hello, I'm Senator Evan Bayh from Indiana. You've probably seen me on the Senate floor, debating or fighting for you. Now, even if this can be either politically successful or politically damaging this is my stance on these issues. .

Different versions (narrator speaking)
(Version 1)
On ABORTION, Sen. Bayh holds a 50% rating from NARAL and a 25% rating from National Right to Life Committee.
On BUDGET and ECONOMY, Sen. Bayh wants: to balance debt reduction, tax relief, & policy investment
On CIVIL RIGHTS, Sen Bayh holds a 100% rating from National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, 89% rating from National Association for the Advancement of Colored People and a 60% rating from American Civil Liberties Union. He wants to continue affirmative action without quotas and to shift from group preferences to economic empowerment of all.

(Version 2)
On CORPORATION, Sen. Bayh was given a 43% rating by the U.S Chamber of Commerce
On CRIME, Sen. Bayh strongly supports broadening the use of death penalty and constructing more prisons to have more truth in sentencing. He also wants more funding and stricter sentencing for hate crimes. He holds a 63% rating from Citizens United for Rehabilitation of Errants.
On DRUGS, He voted NO on increasing penalties for drug offenses.

(Version 3)
On EDUCATION, Sen. Bayh opposes school vouchers and voted YES on declaring memorial prayers and religious symbols OK at schools. He holds a 91% rating from the National Education Association.
On ENERGY and OIL, Sen. Bayh voted: YES on protecting middle-income taxpayers from a national energy tax,YES on tax incentives for energy production and conservation and he also supports tradable emissions permits for greenhouse gases and holds a 100% record from Campaign for America's Future
On ENVIRONMENT, Sen. Bayh wants to strengthen prohibitions against animal fighting and holds a 77% rating from the League of Conservation Voters

(Version 4)
On FAMILIES and CHILDREN, Sen. Bayh believes that government cannot substitute for families. He also wants to disallow renting violent-rated video games to children and is now holding a 33% rating from the Christian Coalition
On FOREIGN POLICY, Sen. Bayh voted: YES on enlarging NATO to include Eastern Europe. He believes on progressive internationalism.
On FREE TRADE, Sen. Bayh wants to build a rule-based global trading system, have a free & fair trade in order to have economic growth and holds a 33% rating from CATO

(Version 5)
On GOVERNMENT REFORM, Sen. Bayh voted:NO on requiring photo ID to vote in federal elections, YES on establishing the Senate Office of Public Integrity, NO on require photo ID (not just signature) for voter registration and YES on banning campaign donations from unions & corporations.
On GUN CONTROL, Sen. Bayh voted: NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers and NO on more penalties for gun & drug violations. He also wants to prevent unauthorized firearm use with "smart gun" technology.
On HEALTH CARE, Sen. Bayh holds a 75% rating from American Public Health Association

(Version 6)
On HOMELAND SECURITY, Sen. Bayh voted:YES on implementing the 9/11 Commission report, YES on limiting soldiers' deployment to 12 months and YES on military pay raise of 4.8%. He currently holds a 30% rating from SANE
On IMMIGRATION, Sen. Bayh voted: NO on comprehensive immigration reform, NO on declaring English as the official language of the US government, YES on building a fence along the Mexican border, YES on allowing illegal aliens to participate in Social Security and currently holds a 16% rating from US Border Control
On JOBS, Sen. Bayh voted: YES on increasing minimum wage to $7.25 and he wants to protect overtime pay protections and holds an 85% rating from AFL-CIO

(Version 7)
On PRINCIPLES AND VALUES, Sen. Bayh currently voted with Democratic Party 86.8% of 319 votes and was rated 100% by the Americans United for Separation of Church and State, indicating support of church-state separation.
On SOCIAL SECURITY, Sen. Bayh voted:NO on establishing reserve funds & pre-funding for Social Security, NO on using the Social Security Surplus to fund tax reductions, NO on Social Security Lockbox & limiting national debt and currently holds a 90% rating from Alliance for Retired Americans.
On TAX REFORM, Sen. Bayh voted: NO on repealing the Alternative Minimum Tax, NO on $350 billion in tax breaks over 11 years,NO on across-the-board spending cut and holds an 26% rating from National Taxpayers Union and 80% from Citizens for Tax Justice

(Version 8 )
On TECHNOLOGY, Sen. Bayh wants to fund nanotechnology research & development and to facilitate nationwide 2-1-1 phone line for human services.
On WAR and PEACE, Sen. Bayh voted: YES on redeploying US troops out of Iraq by March 2008 and YES on requiring on-budget funding for Iraq, not emergency funding.
On WELFARE, Sen. Bayh supports welfare-to-work & block grants, tax credits to promote home ownership in distressed areas and to fully fund AmeriCorps.

(Back to Sen. Bayh)

EB:It is important to know your candidate, in order for you to make wise decisions when you go to the polls. And I hope that you KNOW YOUR RIGHT CANDIDATE. CHOOSE THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WHO WILL FIGHT FOR YOU AND WILL BRING CHANGE HERE ON AMERICA.

Narrator: Change, vote for Evan Bayh, a leader fighting for change.

P.S: Information from On the Issues.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #107 on: September 03, 2014, 09:26:43 AM »

Is this everyone?
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #108 on: September 03, 2014, 09:28:02 AM »

What do you mean?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #109 on: September 03, 2014, 09:34:01 AM »

Has everyone who is playing the game done a schedule?
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #110 on: September 03, 2014, 09:36:02 AM »

Still not yet done posting for the round, but I already posted a schedule.
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #111 on: September 03, 2014, 09:54:30 AM »

Surrogates Schedule
September 1-7, 2007

Rep. Rahm Emanuel
September 1- GOTV Activities with his own staff in Concord, New Hampshire
September 2- Barnstorming in Portsmouth, New Hampshire
September 3- Preparing for Sen. Bayh’s visit at New Hampshire
September 4 to 7- Congressional Duties

Fmr. Senator Gary Hart
September 1- GOTV Activities with his own staff in Colorado
September 2- Rest and Flight to South Carolina
September 3- GOTV Rally at Greenville, SC and Mt. Pleasant, SC
September 4- Rally and Barnstorming at Sumter, South Carolina
September 5- Rest and Preparing for Sen Bayh’s visit at South Carolina
September 6 and 7- Campaigning with Sen. Bayh in South Carolina

Fmr. Vice President Walter Mondale
September 1- GOTV Activities with his own staff in Minnesota and Flight to Iowa
September 2 and 3-  Campaign with Sen. Bayh in Iowa
September 4- GOTV Rally at Des Moines, Iowa and Q&A at Cedar Rapids, Iowa
September 5- Rally and Barnstorming at Iowa City, Iowa
September 6- Rest in the morning and Meeting at HQ in Dubuque, Iowa
September 7- Fundraising Dinner at West Des Moines,Iowa
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #112 on: September 03, 2014, 10:12:24 AM »

Announcement
GOTV Activities of Evan Bayh's campaign

We believe that GOTVs are very important for our campaign. Here are our progresses so far.
1. Our campaign had distributed pamphlets and flyers detailing our platform and voting positions(see my latest ad)
2. Created our own website (not real and fantasy):www.uniteamericawevancom) which features our detailed issues, proposals, multimedia contents, campaign schedule, campaign staff, pdf version of our platform, photos from our campaign, downloadable contents or freebies, online campaign store, volunteer forms, voter registration forms and''fundraiser'' activities form (online registrations)
3. Launched our own email address (evanbayh08@@uniteamericawevan..com fake and fantasy)
4. Launched our own YouTube account for multimedia content
5. Launched our own Twitter and Facebook account (fake and fantasy @uniteamericaevan) for latest news and platforms
6. In our website, every primary election night, see the results as it comes in LIVE!
7. Launched campaign offices in at least 11 states
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #113 on: September 03, 2014, 10:31:14 AM »

Bloomberg, Edwards, and Paul haven't posted schedules yet.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #114 on: September 03, 2014, 03:49:09 PM »

The round will close tomorrow at midnight
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #115 on: September 03, 2014, 07:25:54 PM »

Giuliani Campaign Ad, Running in the States below:

Four More Years
Video of campaign volunteers in their homes and their local campaign offices show on the screen, as well as their name and the state they live in. At the end, the camera transitions of President Giuliani and his wife walking in a park. Giuliani looks at the camera when he talks.

Dave, South Carolina: The last election was a big deal. It was a real game changer, and so was the one before that. I think 2008 is going to be another election that will have a fundamental impact on our children and grandchildren.
Susanna, New Mexico: I don't agree with every idea that the President has. But I trust that he'll give his all for America - I feel that he really cares. There are big decisions that will come up in the next four years and I trust President Giuliani.
Mike, New York: President Giuliani has had a stellar career, you know. He took on organized crime as the U.S. Attorney, he brought New York around while he was Mayor, he helped craft a lot of important policies as Vice President, he's winning the War in Iraq as President. Every where he goes, he brings success.
Julie, Michigan: Regardless of where we live, we all have the same goals in mind. We want high quality education for our kids, we want jobs for ourselves and our neighbors, we want our soldiers to come home. President Giuliani is the only one I trust to help the Middle Class achieve success.
Rudy Giuliani: We've had a lot of successes over the last few years - unemployment is at its lowest point since the 1990s, more students are pursuing higher education, families are buying homes like never before. Since 2005 we've done a lot of great work but there's still a lot more to get done. That's why I'm running for a second term. Let's bring down healthcare costs, let's secure our Southern border, and let's raise the minimum wage once and for all. I'm Rudy Giuliani and I approve this message.
Narrator:Paid for by the Committee to Re-Elect Rudy Giuliani.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #116 on: September 03, 2014, 09:50:56 PM »

So in an hour or twenty five hours?
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #117 on: September 03, 2014, 09:54:58 PM »

So in an hour or twenty five hours?

11:59PM EST on Thursday.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #118 on: September 03, 2014, 10:16:41 PM »

Yes, that's what I meant.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #119 on: September 04, 2014, 12:27:54 AM »

TV/Radio Ad: Vision

Hi, I'm Governor Mark Sanford. Many people in Washington talk about making changes, but I've actually done something about it. I've cut spending, reduced debt, and made government more accountable. My state of South Carolina has only prospered in the last few years under those principles. I have a vision for this great country: one where jobs are plentiful, schools meet up to standards, and you and your family can rest easy. Sometimes it's necessary to shake up things to get better results. This election is one of those moments. I approve this message because it's time that Washington works for you again.

Surrogate Schedules

Jim DeMint: Barnstorming and Fundraisers in South Carolina
Steve Merrill: Barnstorming in New Hampshire
FreedomWorks: Ad buys in early primary states
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #120 on: September 04, 2014, 01:44:03 AM »

/
JOINT PUBLIC STATEMENT TO MEDIA

There are many faithful advocates to women's rights in the Democratic primary. After many impressive conversations, and careful consideration, we are proud to endorse former Gates Foundation CEO and Vice Presidential candidate Blanche Lincoln. We believe without a doubt that Mrs. Lincoln is the only candidate-man or woman-in this primary who can truly relate to the simple but important needs of all women, regardless of race, marital status, or economic background.

Friends,

You supported me four years ago because you believe in the promise of an America that works for everyone. Well here we are, and we need to make this one count. Only the top percent can survive another four years of Rudy Giuliani.

In 2008, we will elect the first woman president, a great and powerful woman named Blanche Lincoln. Blanche inspired us all with her campaign for Vice President in 2004. Every day I learned new things from her, and ended that campaign a better person having known Blanche Lincoln.

I want America to have that same opportunity. To know a woman who really cares and will always fight for you when others forget you and sell out. With your help we will make America know who to vote for in the coming primary, and in November 2008.

So give what you can - what you feel in your heart is enough to help us get the word about about Blanche Lincoln. God bless you and your families.

Sincerely,

--Sent to all donors and e-mail subscribers of Biden for America--

Statement from Lincoln campaign

Next week Senator Lincoln will publicly accept the endorsements of Sen. Joe Biden and Rep. James Clyburn at rallies in New Hampshire and South Carolina, respectively.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #121 on: September 04, 2014, 08:16:54 AM »

Statement from the Giuliani Re-Election Campaign
Chief Spokeswoman Andrea Saul

The President and his advisers have divided the nation into 5 Regions, for the purposes of the campaign. Each region will have a Director of Field Operations. These Directors are people who live in the region or have intimate ties with the region. Directors will be the primary force behind GOTV efforts and heavily relied upon to ensure another Giuliani victory in November.

Giuliani Campaign Field Operation Regions

New England, Director: Governor Donald Trump
Mid-West, Director: Senator George Voinovich
Great Plains, Director: Former Senator Bob Dole
South, Director: Governor Charlie Crist
West, Director: Senator John McCain
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #122 on: September 04, 2014, 08:48:23 AM »

Pro-Giuliani Ad, Playing the States below:

Broken Contract
Black and white pictures of Gingrich from the 1990s appear on the screen, while ominous music plays in the background as a narrator speaks.

Narrator: Newt Gingrich: Speaker of the House, author of the Contract with America, a champion of the Middle Class. That was Newt in the 1990s. But he's not the knight in shining armor that we thought he was. While he was Speaker, 84 charges were brought against him in the House Ethics Committee. He pushed the impeachment of President Clinton over the Lewinisky scandal while he himself was having an affair with his own staffer. His own party tried to remove him from the Speakership after it became clear he was out for his own interests. Newt Gingrich: He broke his Contract with America. Paid for by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #123 on: September 04, 2014, 03:05:55 PM »

The Howard Dean Organization

The Beginning of a New Era of Campaigning

At a recognizable disadvantage in campaign infrastructure and establishment support, the Dean Campaign has instead decided to run a campaign based on organizing the grassroots. With favorable numbers from Straw Polls from the DailyKos and other left-wing websites, the Dean campaign is organized at getting out the youth vote and getting grassroots activists fired up. This includes a wide variety of net-only content including short ads, question and answer sessions, and sections for donations, volunteering, contribute, and a large section on Howard Dean on the issues.

With a diehard focus on winning Iowa and New Hampshire, the Dean campaign has opened 3 offices in each state. Along with that, the Dean Campaign has opened an office in each of Michigan and Nevada. The Dean strategy seems to be playing hard in smaller states that open up the primary, and building momentum from there to be able to compete on a stronger level. Campaign Advisor and Former California Governor Jerry Brown noted that this strategy of targeting grassroots activists is how his campaign did so well in 1992. A combination of that and the building of infrastructure in early states is a combination that could be very potent in the primary field.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #124 on: September 04, 2014, 03:20:20 PM »

Statement

After lengthy discussion with my family, I will not be pursuing the Democratic nomination for President. I will continue to be involved in the primary and will gladly campaign for the Democratic nominee.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 34  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies