2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:57:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 34
Author Topic: 2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread  (Read 77634 times)
Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lt. Gov. RGN
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix
E: 2.31, S: 4.47

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: October 22, 2014, 05:09:46 AM »

I will be out of town on Friday-Sunday. Can anyone play for the Senator on those days. PM me
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #501 on: October 22, 2014, 05:53:57 AM »

I will be out of town on Friday-Sunday. Can anyone play for the Senator on those days. PM me
If you want  to give me your stuff through pm, I can post if you want?
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #502 on: October 22, 2014, 06:49:14 AM »

What do you mean?
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #503 on: October 22, 2014, 06:51:01 AM »

What do you mean?

If you want to send me your schedule for the round and debate response (when posted) I'll post it for you by Sunday
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #504 on: October 22, 2014, 01:32:01 PM »

Hilton Coliseum, Ames, Iowa 2:00 AM

First off, I'd like to congratulate Governor Dean and Senator Bayh on putting on an duel for the ages here in Iowa. Now as for my campaign the question becomes, what now? We may have finished in 4th place, but we still won twenty percent of the vote. We still have a base of support. We picked up nine delegates. We're going on to New Hampshire, and we'll prove our campaign is far from over!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #505 on: October 22, 2014, 01:37:32 PM »

Looks like we'll have yet another Bayh-Dean battle in New Hampshire Tongue
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #506 on: October 22, 2014, 05:28:44 PM »
« Edited: October 22, 2014, 07:00:12 PM by NHI »

AP NEWS: Evan Bayh has requested a formal recount in the Iowa Caucuses, citing the narrowness of Howard Dean's victory. SOURCE: Could take a few weeks to certify results.  
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #507 on: October 22, 2014, 05:32:00 PM »

Statement from the Giuliani Campaign

We are very thankful for our victory in Iowa yesterday. This is a sign of the President's ability to listen to all wings of the party and unite them behind a single cause. In 2004, then-Vice President Giuliani came in a distant fourth in the Iowa Caucus. Now he has won more than 60% of the vote. For Governor Sanford to continue on in his challenge to the President would just draw out the primary and reduce the chance of a Republican victory in November.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #508 on: October 22, 2014, 05:37:50 PM »

Howard Dean Victory Speech

"Well Iowa, we did it! *applause* I'd like to congradulate Evan Bayh and all the other candidates on their campaigns throughout, all of them are individuals qualified to be President. But Iowa showed us tonight that you don't have to have big money or special interests behind your campaign to win, just good ideas, good people, and a vision for America. We are going to press onward, to every single state, make our case, and we are going to win the nomination, and win the White House! When we're in the White House, we're are going to make sure that every child has a great education, everyone has healthcare, and we no longer have to live in fear of our constitutional right being violated! Let's go out there and show them we mean business!"
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #509 on: October 22, 2014, 05:51:32 PM »

Hillary Clinton-New Endorsements

State Senator Martha Fuller Clark (D-NH)

Former Secretary of State Madeline Albright (D-CO)

Former Attorney General Janet Reno (D-FL)

2002 Florida Democratic Gubernatorial Nominee Bill McBride

Former Lieutenant Governor Buddy Mackay (D-FL)
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #510 on: October 22, 2014, 07:58:33 PM »

Democratic Debate:
Concord, NH

Moderator: Tim Russert, Union Leader, WMUR 9

Governor Dean: Governor Dean, congratulation on your win, now what are the difference between you and your opponents. Generally you all agree on the same points and are committed to defeating President Giuliani, but why should voters in New Hampshire pick you to be President?

Senator Clinton: Senator, you've taken some heat in this campaign from your opponents and here you are. Fourth in Iowa, running strong in New Hampshire, how do you appeal to Democratic voters who may see your resume and like it, but are not passionate about your candidacy?

Senator Bayh: Senator Bayh, you've been critical of Governor Dean on some of his statements including taxes and healthcare, saying they are too extreme for the country. Are you out of step with your party or is Governor Dean?

Senator Lincoln: Senator Lincoln, question from one of our viewers at home: What is your greatest personal failing?

Senator Kerry: Senator Kerry, you are the junior Senator from neighboring Massachusetts and you're currently down in the polls. Question from the audience: Are you still a viable candidate and if I may follow up: why should Democrats nominate you over your fellow Democrats?

To all: Do you consider yourself or call yourself a liberal?

To all: Are each of you committed right here and now to supporting the eventual nominee whoever they maybe?
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #511 on: October 22, 2014, 08:04:19 PM »

WMUR POLL: Democratic Primary
Howard Dean: 24%
Evan Bayh: 23%
Hillary Clinton: 20%
Blanche Lincoln: 16%
John Kerry: 15%

WMUR POLL: Republican Primary
Rudy Giuliani: 65%
Mark Sanford: 31%

WMUR POLL: General Election (NH)

Rudy Giuliani: 53% (+13)
John Kerry: 40%

Rudy Giuliani: 53% (+11)
Blanche Lincoln: 42%

Rudy Giuliani: 51% (+7)
Hillary Clinton: 44%

Rudy Giuliani: 51% (+6)
Howard Dean: 45%

Rudy Giuliani: 50% (+6)
Evan Bayh: 44%

USA TODAY POLL: General Election
Rudy Giuliani: 50% (+6)
Generic Democrat: 44%

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #512 on: October 22, 2014, 09:24:59 PM »

Howard Dean Debate Responses

You must be logged in to read this quote.

"I think that is a misconception on your part to think that all of the candidates are similar on the issues, or even have the same level of commitment to defeating the President. Nevertheless, I think my candidacy stands out because I am not just opposing this President on the basis of his Republicanism. I am standing on principle for liberal policy. New Hampshirites want a leader, and unlike the other candidates on the stage, I have stood against the tide of Giuliani-Bush, and pushed for policies that help the average American rather than hurt them. My record speaks for itself. And unlike the other candidates on this stage, I will not take corporate contributions, separating myself from Special Interests. It's easy to say I represent this, this, or that, but it's much harder to stand for something, and I've done so throughout my career, and it's why I think New Hampshire should vote for me for President."

"I wasn't asked this, but I'll respond to this anyway since it mentions me. I think it's interesting that Evan Bayh considers me 'extreme' on taxes, when all I want to do is repeal the Bush Tax cuts. These tax cuts have done enormous damage to our economy, and if he wants to stand by them, I'll let him, but the fact of the matter is that it's not extreme to support the economy, Tim. As for healthcare, it's interesting for him to say that too, because my plan cuts costs, helps insurers, and encourages innovation better than his plan. That's not just me saying that, that's economists and health care professionals around this country who know healthcare saying it. I've campaigned on balancing the budget, and unlike Senator Bayh, I have a plan to do it. I won't pander to the lowest common denominator because I believe this country deserves more than that. Apparently the Senator doesn't agree."

"Yes. I am not afraid of words. The fact of the matter is, liberals are the ones who have worked the hardest to change America and make it a more equal place. We're the ones out there with signs protesting Vietnam, standing for civil rights for all people, peace, and prosperity. Conservatives have used the word as an attack, I think that's silly. Their advertising campaign has worked marvelously, but nevertheless, I will wear that word as a badge of honor, and should anyone ask, I will say to them exactly what I have told you tonight, I am liberal from the bottom of my heart! *cheers*"

"How many times do we need to be asked this? It's like they want us to do a blood oath *chuckles* I will support the Democratic nominee, because unlike President Giuliani, they won't sign into law harmful tax cuts, charter schools, and won't support marriage amendments and wars. I'm a liberal, but I'm a Democrat, I love my party, and I'm willing to fight for it. I will stand with whoever the voters decide will be our standard bearer, and I will give it my all to campaign for them, and I hope they do the same."
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #513 on: October 23, 2014, 06:52:39 AM »

BREAKING NEWS: RECOUNT UNDERWAY IN IOWA

RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #514 on: October 23, 2014, 09:59:00 AM »

HANGING IN THE BALANCE- IOWA SPEECH
Sen. Evan Bayh at Dubuque, Iowa @ 1 AM

Sen. Bayh answers questions from the press as he will make his speech

Sen. Bayh considers the Iowa caucuses a victory for him

People of the Hawkeye State! This state had said the initial mandate, it's virtually a tie. But it's not enough to be just tied with Gov. Dean in the delegate count, but we trail by 0.2% in the popular vote. We need a recount, even if I don't want to repeat 2000. If we lose the recount, then we need to move on and prepare for the upcoming challenges. I've sent my warmest regards to my opponents, and even to President Giuliani. Our campaign's mission for America is to bring reform on our current healthcare and to advocate tax reforms. We need to stop these lies about me, check my Senate record, it's all there. Our road for a stronger America is nearing, we want to promote peace and change to America. Thank You!
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #515 on: October 23, 2014, 01:56:57 PM »

Countdown to New Hampshire; Schedule for Chelsea Clinton

January 4, 2008

GOTV in Goshen, New Hampshire

GOTV in Cornish, New Hampshire

GOTV in Unity, New Hampshire (With Martha Fuller Clark and Paul Hodes)

GOTV in Charlestown, New Hampshire

GOTV in Claremont, New Hampshire (With Dick Swett and Jeanne Shaheen)

January 5, 2008

GOTV in Rollinsford, New Hampshire

GOTV in Farmington, New Hampshire

GOTV in Somersworth, New Hampshire (With Jeanne Shaheen and Maggie Hassan)

GOTV in Durham, New Hampshire

GOTV in Rochester, New Hampshire (With Paul Hodes, John Durkin, Martha Fuller Clark and Rea Carey)

January 6, 2008

GOTV in Shelburne, New Hampshire (With John Durkin and Robert Baines)

GOTV in Berlin, New Hampshire (With John Durkin, Martha Fuller Clark and Paul Hodes)

GOTV in Bedford, New Hampshire

GOTV in Hart's Location, New Hampshire

GOTV in Dixville Notch, New Hampshire

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #516 on: October 23, 2014, 04:27:09 PM »

Rudy Giuliani Campaign Schedule for Jan. 4th-6th, 2008

President Giuliani's 2008 Campaign Staff
Honorary Co-Chairmen: Dick Cheney and Tim Pawlenty
Campaign Manager: Mary Matalin
Chief of Staff: Joe Allbaugh
Press Secretary: Dana Perino
Finance Director: Fred Malek
Chief Pollsters: Neil Newhouse and Bill McInturff
Co-Directors of the Vice Presidential Search Committee: Kay Hutchison, Beth Myers, and Matt Rhodes

January 4th, 2008; Washington
-- Breakfast with Archbishop Wuerl and Mrs. Giuliani
-- Welcome President Alvaro Uribe of Colombia to the United States
-- Meeting with Uribe and Speaker Hastert at White House
-- State Dinner for President Uribe

January 5th, 2008; Washington
-- Meeting with Senator Biden and Senator Schumer
-- Lunch with Senator McCain and Senator Thune
-- Meeting with Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt over Skype
-- Fly to Florida

January 6th, 2008; Florida
-- Visit Saint Paul Catholic Church in Tampa, FL
-- Attend NFL Playoffs between the New York Giants and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Tampa, FL
-- Dinner with Governor Crist and former Governor Bush
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #517 on: October 24, 2014, 06:45:19 AM »

BREAKING NEWS: Iowa Caucuses Recount Results Certified
Howard Dean still the Winner.

Howard Dean was officially certified the winner of the Iowa Caucuses after a two-day recount. The recount was ordered by the Bayh campaign after the narrow results put Howard Dean ahead by 0.2 percent. The results for Dean did not change, but second place finisher Evan Bayh did improve his results, winning 25.29 percent, compared to the original 25.28 percent.

The candidates now duke it out in New Hampshire where polls are showing an increasingly tight contest between Dean, Bayh and Hillary Clinton. The primary is January 8th.

√ Howard Dean: 25.30% (14)
Evan Bayh: 25.29% (14)
Blanche Lincoln: 21.70% (10)
Hillary Clinton: 20.24% (9)
John Kerry: 6.53%
Other: 0.89%
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #518 on: October 24, 2014, 11:48:28 AM »

Dean and Bayh Tied in NH!

Howard Dean: 24%
Evan Bayh: 24%
Blanche Lincoln: 16%
John Kerry: 13%
Undecided: 3%

Giuliani Cruising to an Easy Victory

Rudy Giuliani: 65%
Mark Sanford: 32%
Undecided: 2%

General Election (NH) Giuliani Still on Top; Dean and Bayh Make it Close

Rudy Giuliani: 51%
Howard Dean: 46%

Rudy Giuliani: 50%
Evan Bayh: 45%

Rudy Giuliani: 52%
Hillary Clinton: 45%

Blanche Lincoln: 43%

John Kerry: 41%

National Polling: Gallup

Rudy Giuliani: 50%
Generic Democrat: 46%

Democratic Nomination: Gallup
Howard Dean: 26%
Evan Bayh: 23%
Blanche Lincoln: 17%
John Kerry: 10%
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #519 on: October 24, 2014, 01:18:08 PM »

Thank You. Over the last few months, we have traversed the country, getting to know people like you and your views and how you want to be represented in the White House. As such, the voters are speaking, and I am withdrawing from the race for the Democratic Nomiation. As such, I fully endorse my friend Governor Howard Dean for President of the United States, and I ask that all my voters and volunteers go and work for him to help him reach the nomination. As such, I will be campaigning with him. Thank you for this great experience, and let's all help out Governor Dean win the Presidency!
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #520 on: October 24, 2014, 05:36:23 PM »

BREAKING NEWS: JOHN KERRY ENDS BID FOR WHITE HOUSE
BACKS HOWARD DEAN

Thank You. Over the last few months, we have traversed the country, getting to know people like you and your views and how you want to be represented in the White House. As such, the voters are speaking, and I am withdrawing from the race for the Democratic Nomiation. As such, I fully endorse my friend Governor Howard Dean for President of the United States, and I ask that all my voters and volunteers go and work for him to help him reach the nomination. As such, I will be campaigning with him. Thank you for this great experience, and let's all help out Governor Dean win the Presidency!
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #521 on: October 24, 2014, 07:39:08 PM »

Countdown to New Hampshire; Schedule for Bill Clinton

January 4, 2008

Rally at Verizon Wireless Arena, Manchester, New Hampshire

We're in third place heading out of Iowa, yes, but our frontrunners can be beaten! In Governor Dean, we have someone who claimed he was more conservative with money than President Bush, claimed he had as much foreign policy experience as a sitting president, was endorsed by the NRA eight times as Vermont Governor. Senator Bayh has voted to ban partial-birth abortions, for a ban on desecrating our national flag, supports increasing the usage of the death penalty. Bayh also has voted for removing the need for a warrant for FISA Courts to monitor suspects and has voted for reauthorizing the Patriot Act. I find it hard to believe that either of these people will be our nominee at the end of it all!

GOTV in Amherst, New Hampshire

GOTV in Nashua, New Hampshire

January 5, 2008

GOTV in Traveler's Rest, South Carolina (With Kenneth Holland and Janet Reno)

GOTV in Woodruff, South Carolina (With John Spratt and Mike Espy)

GOTV in Landrum, South Carolina

January 6, 2008

GOTV in Searchlight, Nevada (With Harry Reid)

GOTV in Mesquite, Nevada (With Harry Reid and Oscar Goodman)

GOTV in Alamo, Nevada (With Harry Reid)
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #522 on: October 26, 2014, 10:51:39 AM »

Debate 101: Evan Bayh
Democratic Presidential Debate @ Concord, NH

Mr Russert, did I said anything about Gov. Dean's ''extremism'' on my speeches? During the debate? I remembered calling him or repeating him not really in verbatim, belongs to the Democratic Wing of the Democratic Party. I might criticized the situation right now in healthcare, taxes, or the rest but I never said about him about too extreme on these issues, even the rest. Most of my position on taxes and healthcare are the same as Gov. Dean's. You may label me as a conservative- talking Democrat, but, I think what is the implication of the American people and the other candidates, or even you, about this is not right. Check my Senate voting recors, It's the same. I'm still loyal to the Democratic Party, the party that propelled my father into politics. In fact, I still voted with the Democrats 86%.

Well, on some issues I'm a liberal, but on some issues, I'm a conservative and on some issues I'm a moderate. My opponents labelled me as a conservative but I'm really on the middle. But I'm not calling myself as that, I'm prouder to call myself as a DEMOCRAT!

Of course, a candidate should not run as a third party if he lost the nomination. We cannot be united if we didn't support the nominee of the Democratic Party. We cannot longer stand a 8 year Republican Empire in Washington, It's time for a change. Whoever is the nominee, VOTE DEMOCRAT.

RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #523 on: October 26, 2014, 11:09:35 AM »

New Hampshire: Evan Bayh
January 4, 2008-January 6, 2008

January 4, 2008
Morning: Arrived in New Hampshire
Morning: Meeting with the campaign staff
Afternoon: Barnstorming (now means simultaneous fundraising event, speech and town hall) at Salem, New Hampshire
Afternoon: Barnstorming at Rochester, New Hampshire
Evening: Barnstorming at Dover, New Hampshire
Evening: Barnstorming at Derry, New Hampshire

January 5, 2008
Morning: Interview in the Early Show
Morning: Debate Prep at Nashua
Afternoon: Barnstorming at Nashua, New Hampshire
Afternoon: Barnstorming at Derry, New Hampshire
Evening: Debate at Concord, New Hampshire
Evening: All-Night Event (all of the surrogates/endorsers will speak and campaign) at Concord, New Hampshire

January 6, 2008
Morning: at Dixville Notch, New Hampshire
Morning: Interview with Good Morning America
Afternoon: Interview with CNN
Afternoon: Interview with a local NH Radio
Evening: Interview with ABC News
Evening: Watch election night results with family and staffs. Will address the people at morning.

ALL ADS especially the VOTING ad, airs now three times a day in every NH Station.
Go to our official website to check and witness the vote grows up live.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #524 on: October 26, 2014, 11:21:03 AM »

Crist:
January 4 in Florida (Gubernatorial Duties, GOTV Events)
January 5-6 in South Carolina (GOTV Events, Meet and Greets, Rallies)

McCain:
January 4-5-6 in New Hampshire (GOTV Events, Town Halls, Meet and Greets, Rallies)
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 34  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies