2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 10:39:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 34
Author Topic: 2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread  (Read 78500 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #550 on: October 28, 2014, 02:38:31 PM »

New Hampshire; The Final 48 Schedule for Chelsea Clinton

December 7, 2007

GOTV in Laconia, New Hampshire (With Jeanne Shaheen and Dick Swett)

GOTV in Tilton, New Hampshire (With Jeanne Shaheen)

GOTV in Barnstead, New Hampshire

GOTV in Newfields, New Hampshire

December 8, 2007

GOTV in Atkinson, New Hampshire (With Martha Fuller Clark)

GOTV in Exter, New Hampshire (With Maggie Hassan)

GOTV in Candia, New Hampshire

Primary Night Rally at Memorial Field, Dartmouth University, Hanover, New Hampshire

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #551 on: October 28, 2014, 09:16:26 PM »

Final New Hampshire Primary Poll: Democrats

Three-way Tie in New Hampshire: Dean, Bayh & Clinton!

Howard Dean: 26%
Evan Bayh: 26%
Hillary Clinton: 26%
Blanche Lincoln: 19%
Undecided: 3%
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #552 on: October 28, 2014, 09:16:48 PM »

Final New Hampshire Primary Poll: Democrats

Three-way Tie in New Hampshire: Dean, Bayh & Clinton!

Howard Dean: 26%
Evan Bayh: 26%
Blanche Lincoln: 19%
Undecided: 3%
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #553 on: October 28, 2014, 09:48:56 PM »

Howard Dean for America - January 7th - 8th, 2008

Going all out in New Hampshire!

"I don't think Clinton and Bayh have what it takes to take on Giuliani. Clinton lost her primary last time after several opportunities as the frontrunner, and Bayh has fallen behind in representing the citizens of Indiana, voting consistently with the President. I offer the voters of New Hampshire a different view - someone who hasn't run for President before, someone who isn't entrenched in Washington politics, and someone who has a proven, progressive record of accomplishment. I'll stand for the voters of New Hampshire and end this war, balance our budget, and give healthcare to all of our citizens, no matter how much they earn!"

January 7th, 2008 (with John Kerry, Carol Shea-Porter, and Barack Obama)
Breakfast Meeting with Staff in Beecher Falls, NH
GOTV Rally in North Stratford, NH
GOTV Rally in Groveton, NH
GOTV Rally in Berlin, NH
Lunch with Voters in Whitefield, NH
GOTV Rally in Bethleham, NH
GOTV Rally in Lisbon, NH
GOTV Rally in Lincoln, NH
Dinner Meeting with Staff in Glen, NH

"Most people are still learning about me, but New Hampshire knows me better than most states. I've earned the endorsement of Congresswoman Carol Shea-Porter, and Shea-Porter is a progressive fighter. I will bring that same kind of energy to the White House and elevate this office to the proper level of respect. I won't be promising Republicans cabinet roles, I will find the most qualified individuals I can. Ideas and Integrity are at the heart of a Howard Dean administration, and if you want that, I'm your man! Now get out there and let's win this thing!"

January 8th, 2008 (with Carol Shea-Porter, John Kerry, and Barack Obama)
GOTV in Northern New Hampshire
GOTV in Southeastern New Hampshire
GOTV in Southwestern New Hampshire
Victory Party in Keene, New Hampshire
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #554 on: October 28, 2014, 10:08:22 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2014, 10:10:45 PM by IDS Emperor Maxwell »

New Howard Dean TV Ad: Trust
This ad will air in New Hampshire, Nevada, Michigan, Florida, Alaska, Delaware, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, New Jersey

"After being misled into a War, the American people are looking for someone they can trust in the White House. Every time I see Howard Dean on the stump, he's telling people what's really going on with this nation, and finding constructive ways to solve those problems. He won't take part in the corrupt politics that plagues this administration, he'll fight for working class families that are struggling to make it. He's taken brave stands against the administration, not because it's politically convenient to do so, but he truly believes it. I trust Howard Dean to get the job done, that's why I'm voting for him for President."

"I'm Howard Dean, and I approve this message."

New Howard Dean Ad: Pay for Play
This ad will air in New Hampshire, Nevada, Michigan, Florida, Alaska, Delaware, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, New Jersey

"Hi, I'm Howard Dean, and politicians in Washington pay to play all the time. When campaign money goes in, politicians are beholden to those donors, and that influences their votes. And congressmen leave Washington, and they go back into the system of influence, or even get a job at the company they took money from. One candidate in this race even bribed endorsements in exchange for Government positions in a previous campaign! In my White House, there will be no pay for play, I will get lobbyists out of Washington, and I will work for comprehensive campaign finance reform that allows the voices of Americans, not corporations, to be heard. I'm Howard Dean, and I approve this message, because pay for play, don't play for me!"
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #555 on: October 28, 2014, 10:23:01 PM »

GOTV STRATEGY

Howard Dean Surrogates in New Hampshire
Congresswoman Carol Shea-Porter
Ex-State Chair Mike King
State Speaker Terri Norelli
Former President Al Gore
Senator John Kerry
Senator Barack Obama
Former Senator Bill Bradley
Former Governor Lowell Weicker

Using Bill Bradley, Mike King, Terie Norelli, Carol Shea-Porter's intimate knowledge of the state, the Dean campaign has gone through every corner of the state, attempting to increase turnout among rural voters in the nothern part of New Hampshire. Dean, with his messaging on balanced budgets, is also heavily targeting the independents and even some Republican voters, hoping to use the low turnout Republican primary as an advantage to his own, peeling some moderates and anti-war conservatives to his advantage. In addition, workers in New Hampshire are being pushed into hyper-drive, with higher wages for per hour employees and increased wages during the final month. With fundraising continuing to grow after a narrow Iowa win, the Dean campaign feels confident but not overwhelmingly so about their potential performance in the state. Other Dean surrogates in other states are hitting the TVs in order to keep his name in the presses.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #556 on: October 28, 2014, 10:57:59 PM »

Sorry for the short and abrupt schedule this turn:

Mark Sanford barnstormed New Hampshire and focused on rallying conservatives against Giuliani for the best possible showing. TV and radio ads played across the state, hoping to also attract independents with his fiscal conservative record. Surrogates were campaigning in either New Hampshire or in South Carolina, Sanford's main target.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #557 on: October 28, 2014, 11:37:15 PM »

OOC: I have replaced Granholm. And like I have stated multiple times, I always get my endorsers approved by NHI before I post. I don't appreciate being accused of poor diligence. Smiley I also think we can handle the issue of people mistakenly taking pols that already endorsed via PM.
Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lt. Gov. RGN
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix
E: 2.31, S: 4.47

« Reply #558 on: October 29, 2014, 12:33:50 AM »

Last Press Releases (NH): Evan Bayh
January 7, 2008

We've released the total no. of participants in the recently concluded Christmas Fun Run, numbering 2,767,483. The largest delegation (state) is the state of California, with 311,455 runners. The second largest is the state of Indiana with, 310,485, only trailing by almost a thousand votes. The third one is the state of Texas, with 300,048 participants.

Tune in your televisions in the evening for a final message before you vote.
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #559 on: October 29, 2014, 01:57:45 AM »

OOC: I have replaced Granholm. And like I have stated multiple times, I always get my endorsers approved by NHI before I post. I don't appreciate being accused of poor diligence. Smiley I also think we can handle the issue of people mistakenly taking pols that already endorsed via PM.
Please replace Nelson, he has endorsed Bayh.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #560 on: October 29, 2014, 05:00:23 AM »

Round 13: January 9-15, 2008

Iowa and New Hampshire Split!

The all important New Hampshire Primary, proved once more the people of New Hampshire are not in the business of rubber stamping the result of the Iowa Caucuses, at least on the Democratic side.  For the Republicans, President Giuliani cruised to a second impressive win nominating contest, third over all. The President, who attended a rally in New Hampshire Tuesday night called his win in New Hampshire a seal of approval from the voters.

To his credit, in light of the polls South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford wrote off the primary near the end of the campaign, focusing all his remaining energies and efforts on the South Carolina -- his home state and what all pundits declare is a must win for the South Carolina Governor.

New Hampshire Primary: Republicans 100% Reported
√ Rudy Giuliani: 67.9% (12)
Mark Sanford: 33.1%

New Hampshire Primary: Democrats 20% Reported
Evan Bayh: 27.77%
Hillary Clinton: 27.38%
Howard Dean: 26.99%
Blanche Lincoln: 16.46%
Other: 1.40%

New Hampshire Primary: Democrats 40% Reported
Evan Bayh: 26.58%
Howard Dean: 26.52%
Hillary Clinton: 26.49%
Blanche Lincoln: 18.74%
Other: 1.29%

However, on the Democratic side the race did not end early. While Giuliani was projected the winner immediately after the polls closed at 8pm, the Democratic race proved to be a nail biter. Iowa first place finisher and long time frontrunner Howard Dean was the early favorite to win the primary, and all the polls in recent days put the former Vermont Governor at the top of the pack, but as the results came in the prospects of a Dean romp diminished.

Right out of the gate, Blanche Lincoln finished fourth in the primary, while a three-way race for first waged on between Dean, Evan Bayh and Hillary Clinton, who benefited from a late surge in the all important state. The result would not be decided until after midnight.

New Hampshire Primary: Democrats 65% Reported
Evan Bayh: 26.31%
Hillary Clinton: 26.29%
Howard Dean: 26.29%
Blanche Lincoln: 19.94%
Other: 1.17%

New Hampshire Primary: Democrats 80% Reported
Hillary Clinton: 26.34%
Evan Bayh: 26.29%
Howard Dean: 26.29%
Blanche Lincoln: 19.89%
Other: 1.19%

New Hampshire Primary: Democrats 90% Reported
Hillary Clinton: 26.44%
Howard Dean: 26.35%
Evan Bayh: 26.21%
Blanche Lincoln: 19.95%
Other: 1.19%

√ Hillary Clinton Projected to Win The New Hampshire Primary

New Hampshire Primary: Democrats 100% Reported
√ Hillary Clinton: 26.43% (6)
Howard Dean: 26.39% (6)
Evan Bayh: 26.35% (6)
Blanche Lincoln: 19.75% (4)
Other: 1.10%

At 12:41 am, the AP projected Hillary Clinton the winner in the New Hampshire Primary, narrowly beating out Evan Bayh and Howard Dean. The Clinton victory jump started a dragging campaign, that many in the media and Democratic circles believed was finished. Despite her razor thin margin of 0.4 percent (the closest in New Hampshire's history) Clinton's campaign can project victory and re-energize her supporters heading into the next contests.

The surprise finish by Clinton illustrates the fluidity in the Democratic race, plus coupled with the narrow win by Dean in Iowa over Bayh -- it is a sure thing that this race will continue.

Delegate Count: Democrats
Howard Dean: 20
Evan Bayh: 20
Hillary Clinton: 15
Blanche Lincoln: 14

Delegate Count: Republicans
Rudy Giuliani: 58
Mark Sanford: 1

Michigan Primary: January 15 (Democrats) Post NH
Evan Bayh: 28%
Howard Dean: 25%
Blanche Lincoln: 17%
Undecided: 4%

Michigan Primary: January 15 (Democrats)
Rudy Giuliani: 69%
Mark Sanford: 29%
Undecided: 2%
This Round will Close on Sunday at 11:59 pm, with the results from Michigan coming in on Monday morning.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #561 on: October 29, 2014, 11:11:42 AM »

Howard Dean demands a re-count.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #562 on: October 29, 2014, 11:24:20 AM »

ROUND 2:
DEAN REQUESTS RECOUNT IN NEW HAMPSHIRE PRIMARY -- AFTER CLOSE VOTE

Results from NH Primary, January 8, 2008
√ Clinton: 26.43%
Dean: 26.39%
Evan Bayh: 26.35% (6)
Blanche Lincoln: 19.75% (4)
Other: 1.10%

Howard Dean is requesting a formal recount in the New Hampshire Primary, the second recount of the cycle, coming after Evan Bayh contested the narrow result in Iowa where Dean won by 0.1 percent. In New Hampshire the projected winner Hillary Clinton defeated Dean by 0.4 percent. Polls leading up to the primary showed Dean with a lead, but in the closing days the gap tightened, until a final poll on the eve before the primary put the race in a three-way tie between Dean, Bayh and Clinton.

Clinton, who stumbled in recent weeks benefited from a strong debate performance and late surge, which pundits believed contributed to her -- narrowly going over the top. The recount will likely begin within a few days.

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #563 on: October 29, 2014, 11:36:22 AM »
« Edited: October 29, 2014, 05:20:40 PM by DKrolGa »

Statement from the Giuliani Campaign

President Giuliani has once again claimed victory in a major primary contest. New Hampshire was the race that sparked then-Mayor Giuliani's campaign four years ago. With his commanding lead in both the popular vote and delegates, the President is comfortable with his prospect of winning re-nomination. The President will hold a rally in Louisville, Kentucky following the Michigan primary where he will announce his running mate for the 2008 Presidential election.

The President extends an invitation to Senator Hillary Clinton, Former Senator Blanche Lincoln, Senator Evan Bayh, Governor Howard Dean, Governor Mark Sanford, and their families as well as all media representatives approved by the White House Press Corps.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #564 on: October 29, 2014, 06:14:30 PM »

Rudy Giuliani Campaign Schedule for Jan. 9th-15th, 2008

President Giuliani's 2008 Campaign Staff
Honorary Co-Chairmen: Dick Cheney and Tim Pawlenty
Campaign Manager: Mary Matalin
Chief of Staff: Joe Allbaugh
Press Secretary: Dana Perino
Finance Director: Fred Malek
Chief Pollsters: Neil Newhouse and Bill McInturff
Co-Directors of the Vice Presidential Search Committee: Kay Hutchison, Beth Myers, and Matt Rhodes

January 9th, 2008; South Carolina
-- Breakfast with campaign volunteers in Spartanburg, SC
-- Hike the Cottonwood Trail
-- Meet with Cherokee Representatives
-- Meet with local Walmart employees

January 10th, 2008; South Carolina
-- Address the Republican Conference of the South Carolina State Legislature
-- Speech at the University of South Carolina
-- Kayak down the Congaree River
-- Meet with patients and doctors at Palmetto Health Richland
-- Fly to Washington

January 11th, 2008; Washington
-- Breakfast with Washington Redskins Head Coach Joe Gibbs
-- Meeting with Speaker Hastert and Rep. Boehner
-- Meeting with Senator McConnell and Senator Kyl
-- Welcome President Roh Moo-hyun of South Korea to the United States
-- State Dinner with President Roh Moo-hyun of South Korea

January 12th, 2008; Washington
-- Speak to the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
-- Meet with a Virginia-based Girl Scout troop
-- Speak with Campaign Volunteers in Dearborn, MI via Skype
-- Give out 5 Presidential Citizens Medals
-- Fly to Texas

January 13th, 2008; Texas
-- Breakfast with Gov. Perry and VP Hutchison in Dallas, TX
-- Attend NFL Playoffs between the New York Giants and the Dallas Cowboys in Irving, TX
-- Inspect a new portion of the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport with Gov. Perry
-- Tour Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base Fort Worth with VP Hutchison
-- Drive to Louisiana

January 14th, 2008; Louisiana
-- Meeting with Mayor Ray Nagin and Senator Mary Landrieu
-- Speak with Hurricane Katrina survivors
-- Speak with Hurricane Katrina First Responders
-- Attend the Inauguration of Governor Bobby Jindal
-- Dinner with Governor Jindal and Former Governor Buddy Roemer
-- Fly to South Carolina

January 15th, 2008; South Carolina
-- Teach a U.S. History class at Eastside High School in Taylors, SC
-- Speak to the Eastside High School Student body about the importance of college
-- Watch an Eastside High School basketball game in Taylors, SC
-- One-on-One Interview with Stephen Colbert for The Colbert Report
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #565 on: October 29, 2014, 11:21:11 PM »

"No. I don't request recounts because I'm dissatisfied with the result." - Lincoln when asked by the press if she would request recounts for any contests in the Democratic primary.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #566 on: October 29, 2014, 11:37:06 PM »

Memorial Field, University of Dartmouth, Hanover, New Hampshire January 9, 2008

I've heard there are recounts ongoing about just who won this great state. But no matter where we finish here, we can claim victory, as we won delegates, won almost twenty-seven percent of the vote, and proved we are in excellent shape moving forward. New Hampshire, if all goes according to plan we will see you for the General Election!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #567 on: October 30, 2014, 12:18:33 AM »

"No. I don't request recounts because I'm dissatisfied with the result." - Lincoln when asked by the press if she would request recounts for any contests in the Democratic primary.
okay... It's within .04%, perfectly acceptable in recount range, but if you feeling like going negative over that, cool.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #568 on: October 30, 2014, 11:00:37 AM »
« Edited: October 30, 2014, 11:05:11 AM by NewYorkExpress »

Hillary Clinton-New Endorsements

Former Governor James Blanchard (D-MI)

Former Congressman Lynn Rivers (D-MI)

Lottery Commissioner Gary Peters (D-MI)

Former Congressman David Bonior (D-MI)

Former Congressman/Speaker of the House Tom Foley (D-WA)
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #569 on: October 30, 2014, 11:12:14 PM »

BREAKING NEWS:

√ Recount Underway in New Hampshire

New Hampshire Primary 1% Recounted

Hillary Clinton: 26.69%
Howard Dean: 26.49%
Evan Bayh: 26.10%
Blanche Lincoln: 19.96%
Other: 0.7%
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #570 on: October 31, 2014, 09:18:31 AM »

Michigan-mania Endorsements
January 9-15, 2008
(NHI allowed me to post 12, since that this is the only time that I will put an endorsement list)

Michigan State Senator Tupac A. Hunter

Michigan State Senator Glenn S. Anderson

Michigan State Senator Hoon-Yung Hopgood

Michigan State Senator Gretchen Whitmer

MI Congressman Dale Kildee

Fmr. MI Congressman James A. Barcia

Fmr. MI Congressman Sander Levin

(more to go)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #571 on: October 31, 2014, 12:12:00 PM »

Hillary Clinton 2008 Schedule for Chelsea Clinton

January 9, 2008

GOTV in Gabbs, Nevada (With Harry Reid, and Richard Bryan)

GOTV in Pahrump, Nevada

GOTV in Tonopah, Nevada (With Oscar Goodman)

GOTV in Fallon, Nevada (With Richard Bryan and Bob Miller)

GOTV in Lovelock, Nevada

January 10, 2008

GOTV in Battle Mountain, Nevada

GOTV in Eureka, Nevada (With Bob Miller and Richard Bryan)

GOTV in Crescent Valley, Nevada (With Richard Bryan)

GOTV in Ely, Nevada (With Richard Bryan and Harry Reid)

January 11, 2008

GOTV in Oasis, Nevada

Texas Hold'em Tournament/Fundraiser at the Montego Bay Resort, West Wendover, Nevada ($1500 to enter) (Also playing; Phil Hellmuth, David Singer, Vanessa Selbst and Mike Sexton- Who did not have to buy in)

January 12, 2008

GOTV in Six Mile, South Carolina (With Kenneth Holland)

GOTV in Pickens, South Carolina (With John Spratt)

GOTV in Liberty, South Carolina

GOTV in Easley, South Carolina

January 13, 2008

GOTV in New Smyrna Beach, Florida (With Maria Shriver and Janet Reno)

GOTV in Holly Hill, Florida (With Buddy McKay)

GOTV in Port Orange, Florida (With John Lewis)

GOTV in Niceville, Florida (With Bill McBride and Buddy McKay)

January 14, 2008

GOTV in Fort Walton Beach, Florida (With Janet Reno)

GOTV in Destin, Florida (With Buddy McKay)

GOTV in Lincoln, Michigan

January 15, 2008

GOTV in Rose City, Michigan

GOTV in Beaverton, Michigan

GOTV in Harrisville, Michigan

Election Night Rally at Ford Field, Detroit, Michigan
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #572 on: October 31, 2014, 07:45:10 PM »

BREAKING NEWS: 51% Recounted
Howard Dean Slightly Ahead of Hillary Clinton

Howard Dean: 26.51%
Blanche Lincoln: 19.73%
Other: 0.98%
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #573 on: October 31, 2014, 07:54:28 PM »
« Edited: October 31, 2014, 07:57:27 PM by NHI »

√ BREAKING NEWS: DEAN WINS NH RECOUNT ~~ Dean: 26.5% Clinton: 26.49%

BREAKING NEWS: HOWARD DEAN PREVAILS IN RECOUNT

Howard Dean is officially declared the winner of the New Hampshire Primary -- after a recount, with 100 percent recounted the Secretary of Stated certified that Howard Dean, the runner up in the original vote tally is the winner. This marks Dean's second (albeit narrow) win in the primary contest -- and he is becoming the first non-incumbent to win two primaries consecutively feeding into the growing narrative of momentum for his campaign.

New Hampshire Primary: Recount 100% Reported (+0.3%)
√ Howard Dean: 26.52%
Blanche Lincoln: 19.84%
Other: 0.86%

Delegate Count: Democrats
Howard Dean: 20
Evan Bayh: 20
Hillary Clinton: 15
Blanche Lincoln: 14
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #574 on: October 31, 2014, 08:30:07 PM »

Senator Clinton's campaign expresses its congratulations to Governor Dean on his campaign's narrow victory in New Hampshire. However, we feel that our results allow us to remain in business at least through the Florida Primary on January 29, and look forward to meeting all of our opposition along the way.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 34  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies