2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:42:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: 2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread  (Read 77824 times)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« on: August 30, 2014, 04:28:46 AM »

I'll be seeking a second term.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 09:58:33 AM »
« Edited: September 05, 2014, 07:17:56 PM by DKrolGa »

President Giuliani's 2008 Campaign Staff
Honorary Co-Chairmen: Dick Cheney and Tim Pawlenty
Campaign Manager: Mary Matalin
Chief of Staff: Joe Allbaugh
Press Secretary: Dana Perino
Finance Director: Fred Malek
Chief Pollsters: Neil Newhouse and Bill McInturff
Co-Directors of the Vice Presidential Search Committee: Kay Hutchison, Beth Myers, and Matt Rhodes

Legal Advisers: Theodore Olson and Robert Bork
Domestic Policy Advisers: Lanhee Chen, Kevin McCarthy, Luis Fortuno, and Joe Scarborough
Foreign Policy Advisers: Peter King, Oliver North, Allen West, Michael Chertoff, John Bolton, and Colin Powell
Economic Policy Advisers: Jim Talent, Donald Trump, Carl Paladino, Sean O'Keefe, and Meg Whitman
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 11:00:22 AM »

Rudy Giuliani Campaign Schedule for Sept. 1st-7th, 2007

Co-Directors of the Vice Presidential Search Committee: Kay Hutchison, Beth Myers, and Matt Rhodes

September 1st, 2007; New Hampshire and Massachusetts
-- Speech at Saint Anselm College, Goffstown, NH
-- Meet-and-Greet at the New Hampshire Institute of Politics, Goffstown, NH
-- Speech at the Boston College Law School, Newton, MA
-- Meet-and-Greet at the Boston College Law School, Newton, MA
-- Fly to Iowa

September 2nd, 2007; Iowa
-- Fundraiser in Council Bluffs, IA
-- Meet-and-Greet at Abraham Lincoln High School, Council Bluffs, IA
-- Meet-and-Greet at Thomas Jefferson High School, Council Bluffs, IA
-- Tour Iowa School for the Deaf, Council Bluffs, IA
-- One-on-One Interview with Morley Safer

September 3rd, 2007; Iowa
-- Speech at Drake University, Des Moines, IA
-- Meet-and-Greet at Drake University, Des Moines, IA.
-- Appearance on KCCI - Des Moines, IA
-- Fly to Washington, D.C.

September 4th, 2007; Washington, D.C.
-- Private Affairs at the White House
-- Meeting with Senator McConnell, Senator Kyl, and Senator DeMint
-- Meeting with Senator Reid, Senator Durbin, and Senator Biden

September 5th, 2007; Washington, D.C.
-- Meeting with Speaker Hastert, Leader Boehner, and Whip Blunt
-- Meeting with Leader Pelosi, Whip Hoyer, and Representative Clyburn
-- Speech at George Washington University
-- Meet-and-Greet at George Washington University
-- Drive to Virginia

September 6th, 2007; Virginia
-- Tour Marine Corps Base Quantico with Senator Allen
-- Visit Old Dominion Speedway with Senator Allen
-- Meet with the Debate Team of George Mason University with Senator Allen
-- Fly to New York

September 7th, 2007; New York
-- Meet-and-Greet at the Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY with Governor Trump
-- Visit the New York State Museum with Governor Trump
-- Visit the Saratoga Race Course in Saratoga Springs, NY with Governor Trump
-- Appearance on WNYT - Albany, NY
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 02:07:52 PM »

I will play as John McCain, as Giuliani surrogate in the primary and in the General Election.
DKrol, are you ok with this?

Yes, thank you.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 07:54:44 PM »

Giuliani Endorsements

Governor Donald Trump: "Rudy has been a great President - he's winning the Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the economy is doing great, and America is becoming truly independent from foreign oil tycoons. Four more years!"

Senator George Allen: "I ran against the President four years ago, and I thought about doing it again. But it's clear that Rudy has the support of the American people and he can win again, regardless of who the Democrats nominate. He has my full and unwavering support.

Former President George W. Bush: "Rudy was my Vice President for 6 months. We worked very close during that time. Since he assumed office, America has gone uphill - in economics, in domestic affairs, in foreign policy. It's been a great last four years, and it's time for four more."

U.S. Chamber of Commerce: "President Giuliani has taken steps to promote the creation of new businesses in the energy industry while still protecting traditional jobs in the coal and oil industries. He has our fill support for a second term."

International Association of Fire Fighters: "Rudy was there on September 11th. He was there during Hurricane Katrina, and we trust that he will be there in the future. We trust Rudy Giuliani to lead our nation for another four years."
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 08:12:21 PM »

Giuliani Surrogate Schedules

Governor Donald Trump
Sept. 1st-Sept. 3rd:
Gubernatorial Duties
Sept. 5th-7th:
Barnstorming for President Giuliani in New Hampshire

Senator George Allen
Sept. 1st-Sept. 5th:
Barnstorming for President Giuliani in Iowa
Sept. 6th:
Senatorial Duties
Sept. 7th:
Barnstorming for President Giuliani in South Carolina

Former President George W. Bush
Sept. 1st-Sept. 5th:
Private Affairs
Sept. 6th-Sept. 7th:

Senator John McCain
Sept. 1st-7th:
See Cris' post

U.S. Chamber of Commerce
Sept. 1st-7th:
Ad buys in key states

International Association of Fire Fighters
Sept. 1st-7th:
GOTV Efforts in Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 07:25:54 PM »

Giuliani Campaign Ad, Running in the States below:

Four More Years
Video of campaign volunteers in their homes and their local campaign offices show on the screen, as well as their name and the state they live in. At the end, the camera transitions of President Giuliani and his wife walking in a park. Giuliani looks at the camera when he talks.

Dave, South Carolina: The last election was a big deal. It was a real game changer, and so was the one before that. I think 2008 is going to be another election that will have a fundamental impact on our children and grandchildren.
Susanna, New Mexico: I don't agree with every idea that the President has. But I trust that he'll give his all for America - I feel that he really cares. There are big decisions that will come up in the next four years and I trust President Giuliani.
Mike, New York: President Giuliani has had a stellar career, you know. He took on organized crime as the U.S. Attorney, he brought New York around while he was Mayor, he helped craft a lot of important policies as Vice President, he's winning the War in Iraq as President. Every where he goes, he brings success.
Julie, Michigan: Regardless of where we live, we all have the same goals in mind. We want high quality education for our kids, we want jobs for ourselves and our neighbors, we want our soldiers to come home. President Giuliani is the only one I trust to help the Middle Class achieve success.
Rudy Giuliani: We've had a lot of successes over the last few years - unemployment is at its lowest point since the 1990s, more students are pursuing higher education, families are buying homes like never before. Since 2005 we've done a lot of great work but there's still a lot more to get done. That's why I'm running for a second term. Let's bring down healthcare costs, let's secure our Southern border, and let's raise the minimum wage once and for all. I'm Rudy Giuliani and I approve this message.
Narrator:Paid for by the Committee to Re-Elect Rudy Giuliani.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 09:54:58 PM »

The round will close tomorrow at midnight

So in an hour or twenty five hours?

11:59PM EST on Thursday.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2014, 08:16:54 AM »

Statement from the Giuliani Re-Election Campaign
Chief Spokeswoman Andrea Saul

The President and his advisers have divided the nation into 5 Regions, for the purposes of the campaign. Each region will have a Director of Field Operations. These Directors are people who live in the region or have intimate ties with the region. Directors will be the primary force behind GOTV efforts and heavily relied upon to ensure another Giuliani victory in November.

Giuliani Campaign Field Operation Regions

New England, Director: Governor Donald Trump
Mid-West, Director: Senator George Voinovich
Great Plains, Director: Former Senator Bob Dole
South, Director: Governor Charlie Crist
West, Director: Senator John McCain
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2014, 08:48:23 AM »

Pro-Giuliani Ad, Playing the States below:

Broken Contract
Black and white pictures of Gingrich from the 1990s appear on the screen, while ominous music plays in the background as a narrator speaks.

Narrator: Newt Gingrich: Speaker of the House, author of the Contract with America, a champion of the Middle Class. That was Newt in the 1990s. But he's not the knight in shining armor that we thought he was. While he was Speaker, 84 charges were brought against him in the House Ethics Committee. He pushed the impeachment of President Clinton over the Lewinisky scandal while he himself was having an affair with his own staffer. His own party tried to remove him from the Speakership after it became clear he was out for his own interests. Newt Gingrich: He broke his Contract with America. Paid for by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2014, 04:25:06 PM »

Presidential Primary Debate:
University of New Hampshire in Durham, NH
Moderated by: Brian Williams and Tim Russert

To Senator Clinton: Senator Clinton, the Democrats are ready to win after nearly eight years out of the White House. They are looking for a candidate who excites them and will champion their causes. Some Democrats have privately expressed doubts about your ability to not only unite the party, but to defeat President Giuliani in what is expected to be a long and most likely narrow contest. Are you the candidate the Democrats are looking for?

To Governor Vislack: Governor, do you believe the surge is working and would it continue under your administration?

To Senator Lincoln: Senator, you were on the ballot as the Vice Presidential candidate four years ago with Senator Joe Biden and the ticket didn't prevail, what makes you the right candidate this time, despite losing four years ago?

To Senator Kerry: Senator Kerry, you've criticized the President's tax plan, saying it favors the top one percent in this country, how do you propose changing the current system?

To Senator Landrieu: Senator, What separates you from all the other candidates on the stage tonight?

To Senator Bayh: Senator Bayh, President Giuliani sits on a fifty-three percent approval rating, despite a primary challenge, and I'm aware it's early, but how do you defeat him?

Governor Dean: Governor Dean, only you Senator Bayh and Governor Harkin have previous executive experience, serving as your respective states' governors. Does that make a difference, and if so are you the candidate best fit to lead the party and the nation if you are successful?

To All: What will you do on day one as President? What is your top priority?

To Senator Clinton, Senator Lincoln and Senator Landrieu: This is a rather historic site, to have three women competing for a presidential nomination, it sort of goes without saying, but is America ready to elect a woman President?

To All: How do we solve the crisis on the border? What are the solutions to America's illegal immigration problem?

To All: Right, here right now, regardless of you wins the nomination, are you committed to supporting the eventual nominee, and rule out either not supporting the candidate or running as a third party?

A Republican one will be held if all candidates are agreeable?

This Round will close on Tuesday at 11:59 pm.

President Giuliani would not participate.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2014, 07:03:43 PM »

White House Press Secretary Chris Wallace

"One last thing before we wrap up today's press briefing and head to lunch - Governor Mark Sanford has challenged President Giuliani to appear on a televised debate between the Republican candidates for President. The President will not take part in such a debate in the near future, for a variety of reasons. The largest and most important of which is that there's just no room in his schedule to do such an event. He maintains a very busy and active schedule of appearances and meetings that cannot be put off for a debate with former Speaker Gingrich and Governor Sanford. This week, specifically, involves numerous events relating to the anniversary of the September 11th attacks - which the President feels are much more important than a debate.

Secondly, the President feels that his positions on issues are widely known to the public and the media and his record speaks for itself - high job growth, low high school drop out rates, successes over seas, the list goes on and on. Further, the President is always available to the media for One-on-One interviews where these questions can be asked. Just last week Morley Safer while he was in Iowa.

Thirdly, there is no precedent for Presidents to take part in primary debates. President George H.W. Bush didn't when Pat Buchanan rose up on the right, nor did President Jimmy Carter when Senator Kennedy rose up on the left, nor did President Johnson when his slew of challengers arose. The President doesn't feel that it is befitting of his office to participate in a primary debate.

That's all folks."

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2014, 08:47:58 PM »

Rudy Giuliani Campaign Schedule for Sept. 7th-14th, 2007

September 7th, 2007; New York
-- Meet-and-Greet at the Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY with Governor Trump
-- Visit the New York State Museum with Governor Trump
-- Visit the Saratoga Race Course in Saratoga Springs, NY with Governor Trump
-- Appearance on WNYT - Albany, NY
-- Fly to Washington D.C.

September 8th, 2007; Washington
-- Presidential Duties
-- Meeting with senior campaign staff

September 9th, 2007; Washington
-- Presidential Duties
-- Meeting with Cabinet Secretaries
-- Press Conference in the Rose Garden with Sec. Johnson, Sec. Card, and Fmr. Gov. Bill Weld

Excerpt from the Rose Garden Press Conference: “I have been served, very faithfully, by one of the best Cabinets of modern times. However, people come and go and their goals and ideals change. Secretary Johnson has made it known to me and my staff that his main priorities are located elsewhere at this time. He has given me his resignation and I have accepted it. To replace Gary at the Commerce Department, I will be appointing Secretary Card as the 36th Secretary of Commerce. *Claps* This, however, creates a vacancy at the Department of Housing and Urban Development. For this post, I will be nominating former Massachusetts Governor Bill Weld. *Claps*”

September 10th, 2007; Virginia
-- Tour the Pentagon with Sec. Rice
-- Attend a memorial service for those killed at the Pentagon on 9/11/01
-- Fly to New York

September 11th, 2007; New York
-- Visit Ground Zero with Mayor Bloomberg, Mrs. Giuliani, Vice President Hutchison, Fmr. President W. Bush, Fmr. President Clinton, Fmr. President H.W. Bush, Fmr. President Carter, and Fmr. First Lady Ford
-- Attend Memorial Service at St. Patrick’s Cathedral
-- Meet with the NYPD, NYFD, and ambulance drivers
-- Attend Memorial Service at Congregation Kehilath Jeshurun
-- Meet with the family and survivors of 9/11
-- Drive to Pennsylvania

September 12th, 2007; Pennsylvania
-- Visit the crash site of Flight 93 in Stonycreek Township, PA with Sen. Ridge
--  Visit the Flight 93 National Memorial with First Lady Giuliani
-- Fly to South Carolina

September 13th, 2007; South Carolina
-- Speech at The Citadel
-- Tour The Citadel with Sen. McCain and Sen. Allen
-- Meet-and-Greet at Blackbaud Stadium in Charleston, SC with Sen. McCain and Sen. Allen
-- Fly to California

September 14th, 2007; California
-- Meet-and-Greet at the Reagan Library with Gov. Schwarzenegger and Fmr. First Lady Nancy Reagan
-- Meeting with California State Lawmakers
-- Appearance on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno
-- Fly to Washington
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2014, 09:08:03 PM »

Giuliani Endorsements

Senator George Voinovich: "The past four years have been good to Ohio and President Giuliani has been a great leader. For Newt and Governor Sanford to challenge the President is just silly - he's doing a great job."
Schedule
Sept. 7th-9th
Sept. 10th-11th
Congressional Duties
Sept. 12th-14th
Fundraising for President Giuliani in Ohio

Former Senator Bob Dole: "I ran for President 12 years ago. Newt Gingrich was a strong force back then - he stood for conservative principles. Now he only stands for himself. Governor Sanford, in my opinion, has done nothing of note that makes him qualified to be President. That's why I'm happy to back President Giuliani in his re-election bid."
Schedule
Sept. 7th-10th
Sept. 11th-14th
Private Affairs

Governor Charlie Crist: "Rudy Giuliani has been a great President. His policies have made America attractive for businesses - especially his support for green energy. These have brought jobs and capital to Florida. To back anyone else this election would be silly."
Schedule
Sept. 7th-10th
Sept. 11th-13th
Gubernatorial Duties
Sept. 14th
Barnstorming for President Giuliani in Florida

Republican Leadership Council: "President Giuliani has successfully led us over the last four years and we trust him to continue his stewardship over the next four."
Schedule
Sept. 7th-14th
GOTV Efforts in New Hampshire and Florida

Republican Main Street Partnership: "Both former Speaker Gingrich and Governor Sanford are too far to the right to successfully govern our nation. We believe that President Giuliani will carry on his role as a bipartisan problem solver in a second term."
Schedule
Sept. 7th-14th
GOTV Efforts in New Hampshire and Iowa
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2014, 07:42:45 PM »

I hate to interrupt but when are you guys doing 2012 or the next game?

When the time comes.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2014, 03:32:51 PM »

Statement from the Giuliani Campaign
Press Secretary Dana Perino

When Vice President Kay Hutchison announced that she would not be seeking a second term as Vice President, President Rudy Giuliani assembled a team of his closest advisers to begin the process of finding Hutchison's replacement on the ticket. The Vice Presidential Search Committee, Co-Chaired by Vice President Hutchison, Matt Rhodes, and Beth Myers, has released it's "long list" of possible Vice Presidential candidates. This list is far from final and is composed of names that have received more than one mentions by the Committee's members.

Governors
Mark Sanford (R-SC)
Charlie Crist (R-FL)
John Hoeven (R-ND)
Sarah Palin (R-AK)
Tim Pawlenty (R-MN)
Haley Barbour (R-MS)
Bobby Jindal (R-LA)

Senators
John McCain (R-AZ)
George Allen (R-VA)
Jim DeMint (R-SC)
Lindsey Graham (R-SC)
Tom Ridge (R-PA)
Sam Brownback (R-KS)
Elizabeth Dole (R-NC)
John Thune (R-SD)
Lamar Alexander (R-TN)

Congressmen
Tom Tancredo (R-CO)
Paul Ryan (R-WI)

Cabinet Officials
Secretary of Defense Condi Rice (R-AL)
Secretary of State Joe Lieberman (D-CT)

Supreme Court Justices
Orrin Hatch (R-UT)

Former Governors
Jim Gilmore (R-VA)
Jeb Bush (R-FL)
Mike Huckabee (R-AR)

Former Senators
Fred Thompson (R-TN)

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2014, 04:32:48 PM »

Rudy Giuliani Campaign Schedule for Sept. 15-21st, 2007

September 15th, 2007; Washington, D.C.
-- Presidential Duties
-- Tour the National Gallery of Art with Mrs. Giuliani
-- Meet-and-Greet at the National Gallery of Art with Mrs. Giuliani

September 16th, 2007; Washington, D.C.
-- Appearance on “Face The Nation”
-- Appearance on “Meet The Press”
-- Fly to North Carolina

September 17th, 2007; North Carolina
-- Speech at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
-- Meet-and-Greet with Students at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
-- Tour UNC Health Care with Governor Mike Easley and Mayor Kevin Foy
-- Drive to Arizona

September 18th, 2007; Arizona
-- Tour Phoenix VA Health Care System with Governor Napolitano and Senator Kyle
-- Meet with veterans at Phoenix VA Health Care System
-- Tour Luke Air Force Base
-- Fly to British Columbia

September 19th, 2007; British Columbia
-- Tour BC Place in Vancouver with Ambassador David Wilkins
-- Meeting with Governor-General Michaelle Jean in Vancouver
-- Tour Jericho Beach Air Station with Governor-General Michaelle Jean
-- Meet-and-Greet at the University of British Columbia
-- Fly to Quebec

September 20th, 2007; Quebec
-- Meeting with Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Governor-General Michaelle Jean in Quebec City
-- Tour Old Quebec with Prime Minister Harper and Governor-General Jean
-- Meet with the Quebec Capitales
-- Meet with the Quebec Remparts
-- Drive to Ottawa

September 21st, 2007; Ontario
-- Meeting with Mayor Larry O’Brien and local business owners
-- Tour Carleton University with Prime Minister Harper and Mayor O’Brien
-- Meeting with Opposition Leader Stephane Dion
-- Address to the Canadian Parliament
-- Fly to New Hampshire
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2014, 07:04:10 PM »

President Giuliani on "Face The Nation"

Bob Schieffer: Joining me now is President Rudy Giuliani, joining me in the studio. Welcome to the program, Mr. President.
Rudy Giuliani: Thanks for having me, Bob.
Schieffer:  Mr. President, you're seeking a second term as President. You're the first president to face a serious primary challenge since George H.W. Bush in 1992. Ted Kennedy challenged President Carter in 1980, and Ronald Reagan did the same to President Ford in 1976. All three of those Presidents went on to lose the general election. Are you nervous about your odds?
Giuliani: No, not at all. These last four years have been some of the best in our nation's modern history - I'd almost compare our economic situation to that of the Reagan Economy of the later 1980s. When the time arises I'm confident that the American people will look back and realize that they are better off than they were four years ago.
Schieffer: What makes you the better candidate than Governor Sanford, former Speaker Gingrich, or Senator Paul?
Giuliani: One word: experience. I am the President of the United States of America. I've been the leader of our nation since January 20th, 2005. The Presidency cannot be an office where you learn on the job. I'm not going to talk about the other people seeking the nomination - I don't think that's fitting for more office.
Schieffer:  It looks like your primary strategy is to ignore the other candidates. Does that seem accurate to you?
Giuliani: I'm doing my job as President - governing our nation. I'm heading to Canada, one of our closest allies, later this week. I do not have the time to devote to campaigning for the Republican Nomination. The American people gave me a job to do and I'm doing it.
Schieffer: Thank you for joining me, Mr. President. Coming up after the break - James Carville, Donn Brazile, Bill Brock, and Congressman Peter T. King with analysis of the President's remarks. Also, we've got exclusive polls on the Republican primary.

President Giuliani on Meet The Press

David Gregory: Good morning and welcome to Meet The Press, I'm NBC News Chief White House Correspondent David Gregory, in for Tim Russert. He's a former Attorney, Mayor, and Vice President. Now, he's battling for his political future. Joining me to discuss this battle, President Rudy Giuliani.
Rudy Giuliani: Good morning, David.
Gregory: Mr. President, do you think you'll win the Republican nomination?
Giuliani: Yes, because it's a proven fact that America has prospered under my tenure. We're winning the Wars on both Iraq and Afghanistan, instances of global terror are down, more Americans are working, and more students are pursuing higher education.
Gregory: How do you respond to charges that you aren't conservative enough for the party?
Giuliani: In New York, we have a Conservative Party. I've never run under the Conservative Party banner. I was not elected as President as the Conservative Party candidate. The Republican Party is a center-right political party and I am a center-right politician.
Gregory: Have you spoken to Governor Sanford, Speaker Gingrich, or Senator Paul since they launched their campaigns?
Giuliani: No, but not out of hatred or spite. We just haven't come across each other's paths. They're crisscrossing the nation campaigning and I'm governing. If we run into each other, I'm sure we'll have a chat.
Gregory: You've visited the states of New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Iowa over the last few weeks. Isn't that campaigning?
Giuliani: Aren't those states in the union? Aren't those states still part of the country? Aren't I still President of those states? I've also been to Massachusetts, Virginia, New York, Pennsylvania, California, and I'll be heading to Canada later in the week. I'm just doing my job.
Gregory: Thank you for being here Mr. President. Now we turn to "Morning Joe" Host Joe Scarborough, Pat Buchanan, Eugene Robinson, Michael Smerconish, and Reverend Al Sharpton for commentary and analysis.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2014, 03:16:01 PM »

Giuliani Endorsments

Former Governor George Pataki: "Rudy was a great mayor, has been a great president, and will continue to do so. He has my full and complete support in his re-election bid."
Schedule
Sept. 15th-20th
Sept. 21st
Fundraising for President Giuliani in New York

Governor John Hoeven: "The President has been very successful domestically, economically, and in the realm of foreign policy. It is a good time to live in America, and too buck the President would be to throw away that success."
Schedule
Sept. 15th-18th
Sept. 19th-20th
Gubernatorial Duties
Sept. 21st

Senator Lamar Alexander: "Some claim that the President isn't conservative enough for the Republican Party - that's just not true. I'm proud to endorse President Rudy Giuliani in his re-election bid."
Schedule
Sept. 15th-16th
Senatorial Duties
Sept. 17th-21st

Boston Herald: "President Giuliani has made America a better nation than it was when he took over four years ago. The editorial board strongly supports his re-election and his stewardship of our nation."
Schedule
Sept. 15th-21st
Ad Buys

Susan B. Anthony List: "We were founded to work towards the cause of eliminating abortion within our nation. President Giuliani has taken steps towards makings this goal a reality and we are glad to endorse him for re-election."
Schedule
Sept. 15th-21st
GOTV in Iowa and South Carolina

Other Schedules

Gov. Donald Trump

Sen. George Allen

Fmr. Pres. George W. Bush
Barnstorming for President Giuliani in South Carolina and Iowa

Sen. John McCain
See Chris' Post

Sen. George Voinovich

Fmr. Sen. Bob Dole

Gov. Charlie Crist

U.S. Chamber of Commerce
Ad Buys

IAFF
GOTV in Iowa and South Carolina

Republican Leadership Council
GOTV in Iowa and New Hampshire

Republican Main Street Partnership
Ad Buys

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2014, 03:23:23 PM »

Giuliani Campaign Ad, Running in the States below:

Four More Years
Video of campaign volunteers in their homes and their local campaign offices show on the screen, as well as their name and the state they live in. At the end, the camera transitions to President Giuliani and his wife walking in a park. Giuliani looks at the camera when he talks.

Dave, South Carolina: The last election was a big deal. It was a real game changer, and so was the one before that. I think 2008 is going to be another election that will have a fundamental impact on our children and grandchildren.
Susanna, New Mexico: I don't agree with every idea that the President has. But I trust that he'll give his all for America - I feel that he really cares. There are big decisions that will come up in the next four years and I trust President Giuliani.
Mike, New York: President Giuliani has had a stellar career, you know. He took on organized crime as the U.S. Attorney, he brought New York around while he was Mayor, he helped craft a lot of important policies as Vice President, he's winning the War in Iraq as President. Every where he goes, he brings success.
Julie, Michigan: Regardless of where we live, we all have the same goals in mind. We want high quality education for our kids, we want jobs for ourselves and our neighbors, we want our soldiers to come home. President Giuliani is the only one I trust to help the Middle Class achieve success.
Rudy Giuliani: We've had a lot of successes over the last few years - unemployment is at its lowest point since the 1990s, more students are pursuing higher education, families are buying homes like never before. Since 2005 we've done a lot of great work but there's still a lot more to get done. That's why I'm running for a second term. Let's bring down healthcare costs, let's secure our Southern border, and let's raise the minimum wage once and for all. I'm Rudy Giuliani and I approve this message.
Narrator: Paid for by the Committee to Re-Elect Rudy Giuliani and the Republican Main Street Partnership.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2014, 07:21:26 PM »

Statement from the President of the United States
White House Press Secretary Chris Wallace

Many Americans, President Giuliani included, sat glued to the TV or radio on July 21, 1969. That is a date that will forever hold a place of honor both in the United States and around the globe. As Neil Armstrong's voice crackled across the airwaves, a surge of pride washed over Americans off all ages and we were united as a nation in a way that had not been seen since the end of World War II and has not been seen since.

Since that day, however, our space program has declined - due to both funding cuts and lack of public interest. Americans last stepped foot on the moon in 1972, nor has a human left the Earth's orbit since. President Giuliani, after discussions with Vice President Hutchison, Speaker Hastert, Secretary Romney, Secretary Rice, Secretary LaHood, and Administrator Griffin, has issued Executive Order 13401, "Establishing the President's Commission on Human Space Flight". The Commission is charged with four tasks: 1) Investigate the state of the United States' space flight capabilities; 2) Advise the President on the probability of a manned landing on the Moon; 3) Advise the President on the probability of a manned landing on Mars; and 4) Submit a written report to the President no later than July 4th, 2008. The Commission will be composed of 10 members, one Chairman, one Deputy Chairman, and three honorary members. The members can be found below.

Chairman: Former Senator Harrison Schmitt (R)
Deputy Chairman: Former Senator John Glenn (D)

Honorary Member: Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert
Honorary Member: President Pro Tempore of the Senate, Senator Thad Cochran
Honorary Member:  Secretary of Defense Codoleeza Rice

Member: Lockheed Martin CEO Robert J. Stevens
Member: Deputy NASA Administrator Shana Dale
Member: Former NASA Astronaut Buzz Aldrin
Member: Astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson
Member: Professor Donald B. Campbell
Member: Former NASA Administrator Sean O'Keefe
Member: Chief of the NASA Astronaut Office Stephen W. Lindsey
Member: Former Deputy Secretary of Defense John Hamre
Member: Former Secretary of the Air Force Verne Orr
Member: Assistant Commandant of the Marine Corps Robert Magnus

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2014, 06:55:38 AM »

Lincoln Endorsements, III

Gov. Jodi Rell (R-CT)

I call B.S. There's a snowball's chance in hell that Rell, a Republican, would back Southern Democrat Lincoln, a Democrat, over the New England, Moderate Republican President Giuliani.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2014, 07:46:07 AM »

Statement from the Giuliani Campaign
Chief Pollsters Neil Newhouse and Bill McInturff

The campaign, with help from various polling firms from across the nation, has completed multiple surveys of likely voters from across the nation. These polls were conducted with the least biased and least partisan methods possible.

Iowa - Republican Nomination
President Giuliani - 57%
Governor Sanford - 19%
Fmr. Speaker Gingrich - 9%
Senator Paul - 4%
Undecided - 11%

New Hampshire - Republican Nomination
President Giuliani - 65%
Governor Sanford - 13%
Senator Paul - 7%
Fmr. Speaker Gingrich - 4%
Undecided - 11%

Wyoming - Republican Nomination
President Giuliani - 57%
Senator Paul - 11%
Governor Sanford - 10%
Speaker Gingrich - 10%
Undecided - 12%

South Carolina - Republican Nomination
President Giuliani - 51%
Governor Sanford - 39%
Fmr. Speaker Gingrich - 3%
Senator Paul - 3%
Undecided - 4%

Nationwide - General Election (Giuliani v. Clinton)
President Giuliani  - 53%
Senator Clinton - 44%

Nationwide - General Election (Giuliani v. Lincoln)
President Giuliani  - 54%
Senator Clinton - 43%

Nationwide - General Election (Sanford v. Clinton)
Senator Clinton - 49%
Governor Sanford  - 43%

Nationwide - General Election (Sanford v. Lincoln)
Fmr. Senator Lincoln - 44%
Governor Sanford  - 43%
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2014, 11:15:58 AM »

Giuliani Campaign Ad, Running the States below:

Experience
The ad begins with video of former President making "tough decisions", playing in back and white with "The Start Spangled Banner" playing in the background. It transitions to video of Mark Sanford, also playing in black and white, while a drum beats in the background. Then, video of President Giuliani starts, playing in color, while patriotic music starts up. The ad ends with a split screen of Giuliani (on the right) and Sanford (on the left).

Narrator: The President of the United States, the leader of the free world, the Commander-in-Chief of the greatest military force on the planet. That's a lot of power and responsibility vested into one man. You want that man to know what he's doing, to be able to handle any crisis and manage any disaster.
   Who is Mark Sanford? A short-lived Congressman and a bad Governor. The Republican Party controls both houses of the South Carolina Genera, and yet they rejected nearly his entire budget. His draconian tax cuts have crippled South Carolina's economy and hurt small businesses. Mark Sanford just isn't qualified to be our President.
   Who is Rudy Giuliani? A two-term Mayor, a champion of the Middle Class, a bulwark of Liberty, a friend of the People. He knows how to govern because he's done it, and done it well. He knows how to handle a crisis because he's done it, and done it well. Rudy Giuliani - America's Mayor, America's President. Paid for by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2014, 03:41:45 PM »

Rudy Giuliani Campaign Schedule for Sept. 22nd-30th, 2007

September 22nd, 2007; New Hampshire
-- Tour Catholic Medical Center, Manchester, NH with Gov. Lynch and Senator Shaheen
-- Lecture on “Modern American Government” at Saint Anselm College
-- Forum at Saint Anselm College
-- Fly to Michigan

September 23rd, 2007; Michigan
-- Meet-and-Greet at Southeastern High School, Detroit, MI
-- Tour MGM Grand Detroit with Sen. Levin and Sen. Stabenow
-- Meet-and-Greet at Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
-- Fly to Washington

September 24th, 2007; Washington, D.C.
-- Meeting with Speaker Hastert, Rep. Boehner, Rep. Cantor, Rep. Pelosi, and Rep. Hoyer
-- Presidential Duties
-- Meeting with Sen. McConnell, Sen. Kyle, Sen. Reid, and Sen. Durbin

September 25th, 2007; Washington, D.C.
-- Tour Walter Reed Army Medical Center
-- Meet with veterans at Walter Reed Army Medical Center
-- Cabinet Meeting
-- Presidential Duties
-- Fly to Nevada

September 26th, 2007; Nevada
-- Meet-and-Greet at Nevada State College
-- Speech at Nevada State College on fiscal conservatism
-- Tour Yucca Mountain with Gov. Gibbons