2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:28:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread  (Read 78119 times)
Potus
Potus2036

« on: August 29, 2014, 08:58:32 PM »

OOC: So, President Giuliani has moved the Republican Party dramatically toward the center? 84% approval among Republicans coinciding with a 50% disapproval among conservatives is bizarre. It suggests a large, large shift in the base of the Republican Party. In this environment, a Blue Dog Democrat would be a major challenger to Giuliani.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 09:09:47 PM »

Well darn. I was hoping that Rudy was some sort of transformational leader who fundamentally changed the nature of politics in America. 
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 03:14:15 PM »

I'll be running a Koch brothers-like network of outside spending organization.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 06:55:41 PM »

Giuliani Surrogate: George Allen

Sept. 15

-Meet with local conservative activists
     -Attend County Republican Committee meetings
     -Address pro-life group regarding the Susan B Anthony List endorsement

Sept. 16

-Barnstorm target precincts
     -Promote the joint rally between Allen and George Bush

Sept. 16

-Speak to Veterans groups all day

Sept. 17

-Joint Rally with President George W. Bush
Allen
My fellow Americans, this year our country once again faces a big decision. President Giuliani has served his country extremely well and deserves a new term to put this country firmly on the right path.

President Giuliani has found conservative solutions to some of our biggest problems. He's stood up for free markets by denying lobbyists and Washington cronies special favors when it comes to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. President Giuliani believes in the free market and that's why he reformed government-sponsored enterprises.

President Giuliani signed tax relief for American homeowners. Expanding the mortgage deduction is a way of cutting taxes for the majority of American families. President Giuliani cut taxes, shrunk government and stood up for conservative values.

There is another man who has done his fair share of fighting for conservative values, who shares the convictions of Rudy Giuliani and myself. It's my honor and pleasure to introduce to you the 43rd President of the United States of America, George Walker Bush!

Bush
Thank you! Thank you!....Thank you! Thank you all for that extremely warm welcome and thank you to George for that excellent introduction.

I'm gonna be talking to you all today about one thing: values.  Being President of the United States is the hardest job in the world and the holder of that office needs to have strength of character and moral clarity.

Values are important because they guide your decisions. When you hold the country's future in your hand, you need to have the strength of leadership to make the right call at the right time. My successor, President Rudy Giuliani, has demonstrated time and time again that he has that strength of character and the ability to lead this nation. Personal values are important and President Giuliani has shown this country he has strong convictions.

Values are the cornerstone upon which society is built. Faith, family, and freedom are all critical to both America's past, and to her future. President Giuliani's pro-family tax relief are just one way he shows his respect for the founding principle of the traditional family. President Giuliani loves his country. He's one of the most patriotic individuals I've ever met. His belief in God and his belief this country center him. When you are in the heat of the Presidency, with critics on all sides and decisions to make, I know President Giuliani will be able to act in the best interest of flag and faith.

Then, there is the issue of our values in the world. I believe it was the right decision to initiate the War on Terror. I believe my administration made the right call in taking the fight to the terrorists. Since I left office, President Giuliani has picked it up and is winning the War on Terror. Winning the War on Terror has been President Giuliani's first priority and it shows.

Today, the Iraqi people know freedom. They know the values of life and opportunity. Afghanistan is no longer a haven of terror, hate, and violence. President Giuliani has been instrumental in creating two new democracies on each side of Iran. Terror's days are numbered in a world with Rudy Giuliani as President of the United States. Our values are secure abroad, and our safety is secured at home.

We can't afford to turn back. We can't afford retreat in the War on Terror while we're winning the war. We can't afford to elect candidates without the strength, experience, and leadership to be President of the United States. We can't afford anything but four more years of Rudy Giuliani. Because four more years of President Giuliani is four more years of a growing economy, strong leadership, American values, and a safer homeland. I hope you join me in fighting for four more years. Thank you.

Rest or work the rest of the week.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 04:05:14 AM »

Americans For Opportunity

The most important aspect, in this early stage of the election, is to expand the universe of possible voters and to begin to discern persuadable voters. Democrats have typically held the advantage when it comes to what political observers call "the ground game"(i.e. registering, contacting, turning out voters). Americans for Opportunity is intent on changing that.

Americans for Opportunity is launching a Twelve State Voter Registration Initiative. AfO will be active in states pivotal to guaranteeing a Giuliani re-election. The efforts are focused on registering Republican voters in:

-New York
-Pennsylvania
-Ohio
-Virginia
-Florida
-Wisconsin
-Colorado
-Iowa
-New Mexico
-Colorado
-New Jersey

Phase One: The first step in building the Republican firewall in critical swing states is to identify easy-to-register individuals and get them registered. Americans for Opportunity was active in the 2004 and 2006 elections. This involvement allowed us to collect information for thousands of Giuliani supporters across the country. Phase One is built on the bedrock of that support. By purchasing consumer data, AfO will hope to identify the supporter's family members or close friends. Americans for Opportunity will contact every supporter and ask if their friends and family members are registered to vote. By enlisting members of the target individual's family, we will maximize our effectiveness. All newly registered voters will have seen an "Americans for Opportunity Voter Information" flyer. This flyer is mailed back to AfO to be cataloged for later contact.

Phase Two: Several constituencies are heavily influenced to support Republican candidates. Many churchgoers, middle-management level employees, and other suburban would-be voters are not registered to vote. AfO will target parent-teacher organizations, youth sports leagues, churches, etc. to identify lean-R voters. Making a concerted effort via mail and phone to make registration as easy as possible. All newly registered voters will have seen an "Americans for Opportunity Voter Information" flyer. This flyer is mailed back to AfO to be cataloged for later contact.

Phase Three: By the completion of Phase Two, we will be nearing a divergence in state election laws in terms of voter registration. This portion of the Initiative will focus on contacting every single person who received assistance registering to vote. If they are registered, they'll be subject to a persuasion message. If they are not, special attention will be given by a volunteer or field director on the ground near the would-be voter. Phase Three is about tying up loose ends and solidifying the gains of Phases One and Two.

Case Calling: Rather than having a new volunteer call each time, AfO field directors will be assigned a "case" for each individual. When someone is contacted, the volunteer making the call is logged. If that volunteer is phonebanking again, the field director will make sure the volunteer reinforces their past contact with a target. This will hopefully increase the effectiveness of the calls. Field directors are responsible for informing the AfO headquarters about the effectiveness of the case calling. If it has demonstrated no improvement over traditional calls, the program will be ended at the close of Phase Two.

Focus Grouping: Americans for Opportunity, starting in the final stretch of Phase Two, will launch a 50-state focus group campaign. This campaign is to test messages across the country and enhance the effectiveness of AfO's future spending. This issue research will reveal weaknesses of the non-Republican candidates and inform AfO of Giuliani's greatest strengths.

The Voter Registration Initiative could tip this election. The message research done in the focus groups could make the difference. Elections are won on Election Day. Millions of dollars will be spent on television, radio, mail, and newspapers. Americans for Opportunity will play a role in that as well. We can move polls all day long, but if our voters don't show, we lose. Americans for Opportunity believes we can move 2%-5% of the vote in the Twelve States in terms of registration alone. Turnout operations could add an even larger bonus to the President's percentage.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies