2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:11:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: 2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread  (Read 77808 times)
Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lt. Gov. RGN
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix
E: 2.31, S: 4.47

« on: August 30, 2014, 07:41:57 PM »

Will run as a Democrat, Evan Bayh
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 10:55:28 PM »
« Edited: August 30, 2014, 11:10:06 PM by RGN08 »

REMINDER:Some wrong grammar.

Bayh 2008

Abbreviated speech of Sen. Evan Bayh

Senator Bayh with his family, announcing his candidacy

APRIL 6, 2007- Sen. Evan Bayh of Indiana, announced his candidacy for the President of the United States. Although joining very lately than the other candidates, amid a crowded Democratic field. An abbreviated version of his announcement can be seen below.

President Rudy Giuliani, right now, is winning the mandate of Americans, according to the polls. However, unemployment is still high, there is still millions of Americans with no jobs. Millions, without health care and still more issues not given importance by our President. What we are seeing now is not yet the final mandate of the people, the day is still young. We can still change it and lead America to the right path. I know the state of Indiana believes in me, in my 22 years of public service, they never let me down. And now, without further ado, I announce my candidacy for the President of the United States. We need a ‘’people’s president’’ and I know that I can be the guiding light of the American people.And that’s it, may God bless the United States of America. Thank you.

Campaign Manager/Chief of Staff:Dan Parker/Tom Sugar
Communications Strategists: Daniel Pfeiffer & Robert Gibbs
Fundraising Directors: Linda Moore Forbes, Kory Mitchell & Nancy Jacobson
Legal Director: Thurgood Marshall, Jr.
Policy Advisers: Martin Neil Baily (Economy) Gary Hart & Janet Napolitano(Domestic) Walter Mondale & Birch Bayh (Foreign)
Press Directors: Robert Gibbs and Joe Lockhart
State Directors: Chris Hayler & Sean Downey
Media Consultant: Alita Dunn & David Holtzman
Statistical Directors: Paul Maslin/Nancy Jacobson
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 02:39:10 AM »

Hillary Clinton 2008 Campaign Staff

Campaign Manager/Chief of Staff; Patti Solis Doyle

Finance; Howard Wolfson, Anthony Shorris, and Maggie Williams

Communications; James Carville and George Stephanopoulos (who took an extendend leave of absence from ABC News)

Fundraising; Chelsea Clinton, Doug Band and Bill Clinton

Legal; Cheryl Mills

Advisors- Economic Policyl Jeffrey Zients, Gene Sperling, Charlene Barshefsky and Larry Summers

Advisors- Domestic Policy; Carol Browner and Bill Clinton

Advisors- Foreign Policy; Sandy Berger, Ret General Hugh Shelton, Richard Clarke and George Tenet

Press Relations; Harold Ickes and Patti Solis Doyle

Operations- Early State; Mike Henry and Steve Hildebrand

Operations- Super Tuesday; Jim Messina and David Axelrod

Operations-Other; David Plouffe and Robert Gibbs

Polling; Geoff Garin, Patricia Ireland and James Carville

I think you should replace George Stephanopoulos with someone, because, you know, he's the Chief Political Correspondent of ABC News and I bet ABC will not allow him since that it may spark some liberal bias.
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 06:42:16 AM »
« Edited: September 02, 2014, 05:22:34 PM by RGN08 »

I'm not really that good in grammar.
All Americans Unite: Evan Bayh
September 1-7, 2007

President Giuliani propelled us into a massive unemployement since the 1980s, millions without healthcare, and so much more. I know, when President Bush was at the helm, I backed him in starting the War in Iraq but this has gone too much, we should end this war peacefully and not by weaponry and fear.

September 1,2007
Town hall meeting at Sioux City, Iowa
Meet and Greet at Waterloo, Iowa
Prepare for guest appearance at This Week
Issues Presentation at Cedar Rapids, Iowa

This Week appearance (some questions)
George Stephanopoulos (Washington): Many people said that in your speech yesterday, you flip-flopped your stance on Iraq, for you, is this considered as windsurfing?
Evan Bayh (Iowa): You know, George, I won’t consider this as windsurfing.  I personally anticipated at the start, it will end peacefully. Now, many countries now is allegedly possessing weapons of mass destruction and it may harm America’s interests. We should not enter into a nuclear race, we should promote peace ,to end this war now and to withdraw all American troops in Iraq.
GS: A new poll shows that you are: 13 points behind the President,4th at the Democratic nomination poll, 6th at the Iowa caucuses, 5th at NH, and 5th also at South Carolina. What is your reaction?
EB: George, even though we are still lagging behind the President, it is still early to decide who will be heading to the White House. Maybe, they still don’t know who is Evan Bayh. Our campaign is spreading the word everywhere of our desire to make America more greater than ever and of course, I’m also doing my part like crisscrossing around the country, now in Iowa. In the primary polls, it is a superb news that we are fourth at the Democratic nomination poll, doing it little by little and we can win the mandate of the people. At IA, NH and SC, same, later, they will know who is Evan Bayh.
GS: What is your reaction on the crowded Democratic field?
EB: It signifies, many people want change. It shows that, even though we are opponents and trying to reach to the top, we are still a team, committing to make America more greater than ever.
GS: Thanks for joining us, Senator Bayh
EB: Welcome, George.

September 2, 2007
Appearance at This Week
Election of the new state’s campaign committee (campaign office)
Meet and greet at Davenport,Iowa
Barnstorming at Iowa City, Iowa

September 3, 2007
Issues presentation at Clinton County, Iowa
Speech and barnstorming at Des Moines, Iowa (filmed)
Meeting with the new Evan Bayh’s 2008 Iowa campaign council at Dubuque, Iowa
Fundraising dinner and press conference at West Des Moines, Iowa
(10 PM CT)- left Iowa for New Hampshire

You want change right? The person in front of you believes in: gun control, national health care, environmental substitution of coal and oil, immigrants should have a right to be Americans, make our military power stronger and making sure that campaign funds are controlled to ensure transparency! These stances are just a few, looking at my record, there is still more and it will impact your decision when you go to the polls. When you go to the polls, vote for a ‘’people’s president’’ and not a ‘’sectoral president’’! Thank You and God Bless the USA!

September 4, 2007
(5 AM to 9 AM) Fundraising Run at Nashua, NH. (filmed)
Election and meeting of the new state’s campaign committee
Town Hall at Concord, NH
Rally at Salem, NH

September 5, 2007
Issues presentation at Derry, NH
Barnstorming at Dover, NH
Meet and greet at Rochester, NH
Grand Night Fundraiser (issues presentation, dinner, speech and press conference) at Manchester, NH (filmed)
11 PM- left New Hampshire for South Carolina

People of New Hampshire,  Good Evening! You know, for the past two days, I’ve received an overwhelming support from you and I would want to thank you for that. For the past… ummm.. 21 years, I’ve devoted myself into public service in my state. As governor : I implemented a $1.6 billion tax cut that is the largest in our state’s history , balanced the budget, modernizing our state’s education,  creating new jobs, and making sure our state is safe. Nine years ago, I was elected to become a senator, I fought the same as I was the state’s governor and still today, fighting for change. Now, I want to serve all Americans, I know it was very hard to succeed but as I was telling my staff, little by little and we can do it. When going to the polls, vote for the man who wants change and who will make America great again. Good evening and God Bless the USA!

September 6, 2007
Campaign related items sale(fundraising) at SC
Barnstorming and rally at Mount Pleasant, SC
Election of the new state’s campaign committee
Meet and greet at Greenville, SC
Issues presentation at North Charleston, SC

September 7,2007
Town Hall at Rock Hill, SC (filmed)
Town Hall at Summerville, SC (filmed)
Preparing for Face the Nation appearance on Sunday
Dinner Fundraising at Florence, SC (filmed)
(candidate is still at SC)
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 07:45:25 AM »

Bayh Endorsements

U.S Rep. Rahm Emanuel Looking over the past years, what Sen. Bayh did for his state is simply impressive. I believe he can also do it here, on America.

Former US Senator from Colorado, Gary Hart 24 years ago: when I ran for the Democratic nomination, I fought for change. 20 years ago, my candidacy was marred with scandals but even after that, I still continue to fight for change. I know Sen. Evan Bayh will be a newer Democrat, still fighting for change here in America.

Former US Senator from Minnesota, Vice President and 1984 Democratic Nominee, Walter Mondale In 1984, I ran for the Presidency but I lost. We learn from the mistakes from the past. Last week, Sen. Bayh approached me and asked for advice. I said: you are more stronger than me,my strategy didn’t work and I was the loser in 49 states (*laughs).  But he said: Mr. Mondale, losing doesn’t mean that we won’t follow your strategy, we put that strategy in and we learn from these mistakes to create a better strategy. He has the wisdom to become a leader of this nation and I believe that Sen. Bayh will be a good president and can make America a better nation.

League of Conservation Voters Senator Bayh continues to fight for the environment, advocating for coal and oil alternatives, protecting animal rights, and to increase awareness for global warming. LCV therefore, believe that Sen. Bayh will fight for the environment if he had the opportunity to have his voice be heard.

The Times of Northwest Indiana Senator Bayh is a good leader. Look at his record, leadership with the voice of the people. Leaving the position of governor with a very high approval, now continuing his public service at the Senate, he will make America a great nation like what he did for Indiana.
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 08:10:52 AM »
« Edited: September 02, 2014, 08:28:28 AM by RGN08 »

Ad: Life of Evan
September 1-7, 2007

I'm Evan Bayh and I approve this message

The person that you are looking now is Sen. Evan Bayh. Born in Indiana, son of Former Sen. Birch Bayh.

A dedicated lawyer, chose to run for public office in 1986.

There his service for the state of Indiana starts, when he became the Secretary of State of Indiana. Three years later, Evan Bayh became the governor of Indiana. He implemented a $ 1.6 billion tax cut which is the largest in the state’s history, modernized the state’s education, created more jobs, and was elected Senator in 1998 and still, his job is not yet done.

Change? Vote for Evan Bayh, a man fighting for change.

RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 10:12:39 AM »
« Edited: September 02, 2014, 10:25:28 AM by RGN08 »

Ad: All America PAC (Peace)
September 5-7, 2007

Looking over New Hampshire, where we met together, ran together, and get to know with each other.

It reminds of us of what we are now dealing in Iraq, Afghanistan and in other countries

Weapons of mass destruction, we are reminding you today, like 44 years ago.

Let us make peace with other countries,let us be united each other to promote WORLD PEACE

A friendly reminder from All America PAC

RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 05:29:40 PM »

Can someone play for Evan Bayh's surrogate?
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 09:23:01 AM »

Radio and Television Ad: Issues (various)
September 1-7, 2007

Sen. Evan: Hello, I'm Senator Evan Bayh from Indiana. You've probably seen me on the Senate floor, debating or fighting for you. Now, even if this can be either politically successful or politically damaging this is my stance on these issues. .

Different versions (narrator speaking)
(Version 1)
On ABORTION, Sen. Bayh holds a 50% rating from NARAL and a 25% rating from National Right to Life Committee.
On BUDGET and ECONOMY, Sen. Bayh wants: to balance debt reduction, tax relief, & policy investment
On CIVIL RIGHTS, Sen Bayh holds a 100% rating from National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, 89% rating from National Association for the Advancement of Colored People and a 60% rating from American Civil Liberties Union. He wants to continue affirmative action without quotas and to shift from group preferences to economic empowerment of all.

(Version 2)
On CORPORATION, Sen. Bayh was given a 43% rating by the U.S Chamber of Commerce
On CRIME, Sen. Bayh strongly supports broadening the use of death penalty and constructing more prisons to have more truth in sentencing. He also wants more funding and stricter sentencing for hate crimes. He holds a 63% rating from Citizens United for Rehabilitation of Errants.
On DRUGS, He voted NO on increasing penalties for drug offenses.

(Version 3)
On EDUCATION, Sen. Bayh opposes school vouchers and voted YES on declaring memorial prayers and religious symbols OK at schools. He holds a 91% rating from the National Education Association.
On ENERGY and OIL, Sen. Bayh voted: YES on protecting middle-income taxpayers from a national energy tax,YES on tax incentives for energy production and conservation and he also supports tradable emissions permits for greenhouse gases and holds a 100% record from Campaign for America's Future
On ENVIRONMENT, Sen. Bayh wants to strengthen prohibitions against animal fighting and holds a 77% rating from the League of Conservation Voters

(Version 4)
On FAMILIES and CHILDREN, Sen. Bayh believes that government cannot substitute for families. He also wants to disallow renting violent-rated video games to children and is now holding a 33% rating from the Christian Coalition
On FOREIGN POLICY, Sen. Bayh voted: YES on enlarging NATO to include Eastern Europe. He believes on progressive internationalism.
On FREE TRADE, Sen. Bayh wants to build a rule-based global trading system, have a free & fair trade in order to have economic growth and holds a 33% rating from CATO

(Version 5)
On GOVERNMENT REFORM, Sen. Bayh voted:NO on requiring photo ID to vote in federal elections, YES on establishing the Senate Office of Public Integrity, NO on require photo ID (not just signature) for voter registration and YES on banning campaign donations from unions & corporations.
On GUN CONTROL, Sen. Bayh voted: NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers and NO on more penalties for gun & drug violations. He also wants to prevent unauthorized firearm use with "smart gun" technology.
On HEALTH CARE, Sen. Bayh holds a 75% rating from American Public Health Association

(Version 6)
On HOMELAND SECURITY, Sen. Bayh voted:YES on implementing the 9/11 Commission report, YES on limiting soldiers' deployment to 12 months and YES on military pay raise of 4.8%. He currently holds a 30% rating from SANE
On IMMIGRATION, Sen. Bayh voted: NO on comprehensive immigration reform, NO on declaring English as the official language of the US government, YES on building a fence along the Mexican border, YES on allowing illegal aliens to participate in Social Security and currently holds a 16% rating from US Border Control
On JOBS, Sen. Bayh voted: YES on increasing minimum wage to $7.25 and he wants to protect overtime pay protections and holds an 85% rating from AFL-CIO

(Version 7)
On PRINCIPLES AND VALUES, Sen. Bayh currently voted with Democratic Party 86.8% of 319 votes and was rated 100% by the Americans United for Separation of Church and State, indicating support of church-state separation.
On SOCIAL SECURITY, Sen. Bayh voted:NO on establishing reserve funds & pre-funding for Social Security, NO on using the Social Security Surplus to fund tax reductions, NO on Social Security Lockbox & limiting national debt and currently holds a 90% rating from Alliance for Retired Americans.
On TAX REFORM, Sen. Bayh voted: NO on repealing the Alternative Minimum Tax, NO on $350 billion in tax breaks over 11 years,NO on across-the-board spending cut and holds an 26% rating from National Taxpayers Union and 80% from Citizens for Tax Justice

(Version 8 )
On TECHNOLOGY, Sen. Bayh wants to fund nanotechnology research & development and to facilitate nationwide 2-1-1 phone line for human services.
On WAR and PEACE, Sen. Bayh voted: YES on redeploying US troops out of Iraq by March 2008 and YES on requiring on-budget funding for Iraq, not emergency funding.
On WELFARE, Sen. Bayh supports welfare-to-work & block grants, tax credits to promote home ownership in distressed areas and to fully fund AmeriCorps.

(Back to Sen. Bayh)

EB:It is important to know your candidate, in order for you to make wise decisions when you go to the polls. And I hope that you KNOW YOUR RIGHT CANDIDATE. CHOOSE THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WHO WILL FIGHT FOR YOU AND WILL BRING CHANGE HERE ON AMERICA.

Narrator: Change, vote for Evan Bayh, a leader fighting for change.

P.S: Information from On the Issues.
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 09:28:02 AM »

What do you mean?
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2014, 09:36:02 AM »

Still not yet done posting for the round, but I already posted a schedule.
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2014, 09:54:30 AM »

Surrogates Schedule
September 1-7, 2007

Rep. Rahm Emanuel
September 1- GOTV Activities with his own staff in Concord, New Hampshire
September 2- Barnstorming in Portsmouth, New Hampshire
September 3- Preparing for Sen. Bayh’s visit at New Hampshire
September 4 to 7- Congressional Duties

Fmr. Senator Gary Hart
September 1- GOTV Activities with his own staff in Colorado
September 2- Rest and Flight to South Carolina
September 3- GOTV Rally at Greenville, SC and Mt. Pleasant, SC
September 4- Rally and Barnstorming at Sumter, South Carolina
September 5- Rest and Preparing for Sen Bayh’s visit at South Carolina
September 6 and 7- Campaigning with Sen. Bayh in South Carolina

Fmr. Vice President Walter Mondale
September 1- GOTV Activities with his own staff in Minnesota and Flight to Iowa
September 2 and 3-  Campaign with Sen. Bayh in Iowa
September 4- GOTV Rally at Des Moines, Iowa and Q&A at Cedar Rapids, Iowa
September 5- Rally and Barnstorming at Iowa City, Iowa
September 6- Rest in the morning and Meeting at HQ in Dubuque, Iowa
September 7- Fundraising Dinner at West Des Moines,Iowa
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2014, 10:12:24 AM »

Announcement
GOTV Activities of Evan Bayh's campaign

We believe that GOTVs are very important for our campaign. Here are our progresses so far.
1. Our campaign had distributed pamphlets and flyers detailing our platform and voting positions(see my latest ad)
2. Created our own website (not real and fantasy):www.uniteamericawevancom) which features our detailed issues, proposals, multimedia contents, campaign schedule, campaign staff, pdf version of our platform, photos from our campaign, downloadable contents or freebies, online campaign store, volunteer forms, voter registration forms and''fundraiser'' activities form (online registrations)
3. Launched our own email address (evanbayh08@@uniteamericawevan..com fake and fantasy)
4. Launched our own YouTube account for multimedia content
5. Launched our own Twitter and Facebook account (fake and fantasy @uniteamericaevan) for latest news and platforms
6. In our website, every primary election night, see the results as it comes in LIVE!
7. Launched campaign offices in at least 11 states
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2014, 08:26:20 PM »

Can we get now the schedule of the Democratic Presidential Primaries?
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2014, 09:44:55 PM »

Can we get now the schedule of the Democratic Presidential Primaries?

That really would be nice. Personally I'm in favor of breaking up Super Tuesday, as the 2008 IRL Super Tuesday is just too much to prep for here.
Maybe 2 Mini Tuesdays and 1 Super Tuesday.
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2014, 05:16:33 AM »

May I ask for an one day extension. My schedule (work) is getting too busy
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2014, 09:10:36 AM »
« Edited: September 08, 2014, 09:45:34 AM by RGN08 »

Announcement
Evan Bayh's Iowa's Journalists' Conference (Sept.11-13)

As a part of our fundraising, we decided to organize a 3-day Journalists' Conference Competition at the University of Iowa. This competitions tests the participants' competency at journalism. Below shows the several competitions that we had prepared

7-12 Age Bracket
News Writing- September 11
Sports Writing- September 13
Cartooning- September 12
Editorial Writing- September 12
Feature Writing- September 13

13-17 Age Bracket
News Writing- September 12
Sports Writing- September 12
Cartooning- September 11
Editorial Writing- September 13
Science Writing- September 11
Feature Writing- September 12

18-above Age Bracket
News Writing- September 13
Sports Writing- September 11
Feature Writing- September 11
Cartooning- September 13
Editorial Writing- September 12
Science Writing- September 12
Feature Writing- September 12
Photojournalism- September 11

All schools, institutions and individuals are invited. Registration fee is at $3.5. Registration starts at Sept. 8, 2007 until the first day of the conference. Registration forms are found in: Sen. Bayh's campaign website, University of Iowa, and at Evan Bayh's campaign HQs. Thank You.
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2014, 05:06:02 AM »

KERRY ANNOUNCES CAMPAIGN REGIONS

Each region will have a director and a honorary chair. Senator Kerry will have spent one week in each region by the end of October.

West: Director-Leonard Joseph, Chair-Sen. Dianne Feinstein
Great Plains: Director-Amy Dacey, Chair-Sen. Gary Hart
Rust Belt: Director-Crystal King, Chair-Gov. Kathleen Sebelius
South: Director-Jonathan Epstein, Chair-Sen. Max Cleland
Northeast: Director-Lisa Garcia, Chair-Sen. Edward Kennedy
[/quote
I already got Sen. Hart
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2014, 08:19:23 AM »

Debate 101: Evan Bayh
1st Democratic Presidential Debate

You must be logged in to read this quote.
We know right now, each poll shows that the President is leading but as you say it’s too early. I wont follow traditions, I wont use too much attack ads, but we still need to use if it is possible and necessary. For me, I will focus on my record as the former Governor of Indiana. I cut taxes, the largest in our state’s history. I also modernized our educations in order to cope with the challenges of the 21st century. I will ensure transparency will prevail in my campaign, like publishing all of my voting records as a U.S Senator from Indiana at my campaign website and putting most of them in my current ad. For now, I will use my experience to pose a challenge to the current president.

My top priority in my day one as president is to withdraw all troops in Iraq, we’re done with Saddam Hussein and we should stop. We’re now starting arms race and not promoting peace. I will sign an executive order withdrawing all troops in Iraq. Afghanistan should be an exception, we’re not yet done and we’re going to the right way in  Afghanistan. I will ensure that we promote peace than war.

I believe  that a border is the solution to that issue. Increasing the number of Border Patrol Agents is the first step in securing our nation’s borders. I voted YES on that issue in the Senate and as president, I would finish that process to ensure our nation’s safety and security. On the immigration problem, we should accept legal immigrants to our country. We are a free nation. For the ones who entered legally, we should put them in the proper process. For those who want to be Americans, we should let them.

I will stay loyal to the Democratic Party. If I cannot win the mandate of the people, I will support the ‘’people’s choice’’ nominee. The Democratic Party cannot prevail in 2008 if we are not unified. And you know, as I had said before, my job is not yet done. I’m still a Senator and I will still fight for you, Americans.
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2014, 09:16:22 AM »

Iowa Week: Evan Bayh
September 8-14, 2007

Sen. Bayh talking to a voter in his Iowa campaign office at Dubuque.

September 8,2007
Preparing for Face the Nation appearance.
Announcement of new endorsements
Fundraising dinner (issues presentation,town hall and press conference) at Charleston, South Carolina
Left South Carolina for Washington D.C

This day shall not be the last day that I’m able to be with you. A poll released a while ago shows that you really believed and trusted me. I’m now in fourth place, so Thank You for your non-ending support. You know, when I was still the Governor of Indiana, I cut taxes that was the largest in our state’s history. I’m fighting for all of you, not just the poor but also the rich and the middle class. I propose a fair share in taxes, all of us should pay taxes according to our income. We should not let the wealthy ones paying less and the poor paying more, let us make the wealthy pay more!

Face the Nation appearance (some questions)
Bob Schieffer (Washington): Senator Bayh is here to join us for some questions.Currently, he’s campaigning for the Democratic nomination for president.Good Morning Senator.
Evan Bayh (Iowa):  Good Morning Bob, and it’s a privilege to be here.
BS: Now senator, recently you had been making some strong pushes in the states of Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina by the means of advertising, fundraising and even your several town halls. Why?
EB: Bob, every candidate should be strong even from the start. These three states are one of the first states to vote. So it is necessary to be appealing to the voters from these states in order to open our road to the path of victory for the Democratic nomination.
BS:  Senator, last question because of time constraints. Last week, you had launched your own campaign website. And according to the polls, your campaign website is a factor why they are choosing you over the other Democratic candidates. In what way your website is a vote attractor?
EB:  Bob, one answer, transparency. Look (Bayh’s campaign website on-screen), we published all of my voting records in the Senate and my records and achievements as Indiana’s former Governor and Secretary of State. Others include my platform for the American people, multimedia content, registration forms and etc.
BS: Thanks for joining us, Senator Bayh
EB: Welcome, Bob

September 9, 2007
4 AM- Arrival at Washington D.C
Appearance at Face the Nation
1 PM- Left D.C for Iowa
2:45 PM- Arrival at Iowa
Campaign related items sale(fundraising) at Iowa
Meeting with the campaign staff at Iowa
Debate Prep at Dubuque, Iowa
Rest

September 10, 2007
Issues presentation at Ames, Iowa
Press Conference (poll results) at Dubuque, Iowa
Debate Prep at Dubuque, Iowa
Bayh’s Iowa fundraising lunch Day 1 (town hall) at West Des Moines, Iowa

Iowa, Thank You for believing in me. Although, I am still at 5th place, the numbers improved. I will make sure that we can unite with each other. America cannot be a great state without unity. As Gary Hart once said, Let's let the people decide! The people of Iowa, it’s your choice if you will pick me as your candidate. I hope you will make the right decision when you go to the polls.

September 11, 2007
8 AM- 5 PM (First day of Evan Bayh's Iowa's Journalists ' Conference)
8 AM – 9 AM Speech at the University of Iowa
Thank You for your participation at this Journalists’ Conference. You know, journalism is a great tool towards unity. Without journalists, there is nobody to cover the news and everything. I hope when this end, all of us should unite, not politically but as Americans. Let us also offer a minute of silence for those who had died because of wars and for those who are struggling to report in the battlefield for us to know the current events.And for those who died and perished from the 9/11 attacks. May God bless you for this three day journalists’ conference. Good Luck and Good Morning
GOTV Rally at Cedar Falls, Iowa
Issues presentation at Waterloo, Iowa
Bayh’s Iowa Night fundraising dinner Day 2 (endorsement’s speeches and televised press conference and a special tribute for 9/11) at West Des Moines, Iowa
Six years ago, two planes hijacked by Al-Qaeda, crashed into the two towers of the World Trade Center in New York. Same with the planes crashed in the Pentagon and in Pennsylvania, killing thousands of innocent lives. This attacks serve as a lesson for us Americans to be stronger. When I become president, I would make sure that our nation is safe, our military is strong and us Americans, are also strong. We should now stop from what we are now in Iraq. It’s now the time for us to promote peace and to be stronger.

September 12, 2007
8 AM- 5 PM (Second day of Evan Bayh's Iowa's Journalists ' Conference)
Issues presentation at Sioux City, Iowa
Meet and greet at Davenport, Iowa
Meet and greet at Iowa City, Iowa
Barnstorming at Ankeny, Iowa
Bayh’s Iowa Night fundraising dinner Day 3 (Issues presentation and campaign ad showing) at West Des Moines, Iowa

September 13, 2007
8 AM- 2 PM (Final Day of Evan Bayh's Iowa's Journalists' Conference)
Barnstorming,rally and meet and greet at Iowa City, Iowa
2 PM- Awarding and Closing Ceremonies of Evan Bayh's Iowa's Journalists' Conference at the University of Iowa
Bayh’s Iowa Night fundraising dinner Day 4 (Limited campaign items auction) at West Des Moines, Iowa

This is the third and final day of the 1st Evan Bayh’s Journalists’ Conference at this university. Of course, this will continue in the other states in order to raise awareness of journalism. We hope in this three day conference, you learned a lot. Thank You for your support and May God bless the USA!

September 14,2007
Meet and Greet at Des Moines, Iowa
Town Hall at Des Moines, Iowa
Issues presentation at Des Moines, Iowa
Bayh’s Iowa Night fundraising dinner Day 5 (Press Conference and Speech) at West Des Moines, Iowa
Left Iowa for Michigan

Thank You Iowa! For your non-ending support. We spent a great week here at the Hawkeye State. First is the 1st Evan Bayh's Journalists' Conference held at the University of Iowa. We did not put politics first at the competition but we put first the awareness at journalism. We wanted to develop camaraderie to all students and adults who had participated in that event . I admit that at this point, We are tired of our non-stop campaigning. We want to direct you to the right path. We want you to be strong in order to prevent another tragedy. We want  to promote peace, not to spread war. Iowa, ‘till we meet again, Good Evening and May God Bless the USA!
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2014, 09:23:13 AM »

Radio and Television Ad: Issues (various)
September 8-14, 2007

Sen. Evan: Hello, I'm Senator Evan Bayh from Indiana. You've probably seen me on the Senate floor, debating or fighting for you. Now, even if this can be either politically successful or politically damaging this is my stance on these issues. .

Different versions (narrator speaking)
(Version 1)
On ABORTION, Sen. Bayh holds a 50% rating from NARAL and a 25% rating from National Right to Life Committee.
On BUDGET and ECONOMY, Sen. Bayh wants: to balance debt reduction, tax relief, & policy investment
On CIVIL RIGHTS, Sen Bayh holds a 100% rating from National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, 89% rating from National Association for the Advancement of Colored People and a 60% rating from American Civil Liberties Union. He wants to continue affirmative action without quotas and to shift from group preferences to economic empowerment of all.

(Version 2)
On CORPORATION, Sen. Bayh was given a 43% rating by the U.S Chamber of Commerce
On CRIME, Sen. Bayh strongly supports broadening the use of death penalty and constructing more prisons to have more truth in sentencing. He also wants more funding and stricter sentencing for hate crimes. He holds a 63% rating from Citizens United for Rehabilitation of Errants.
On DRUGS, He voted NO on increasing penalties for drug offenses.

(Version 3)
On EDUCATION, Sen. Bayh opposes school vouchers and voted YES on declaring memorial prayers and religious symbols OK at schools. He holds a 91% rating from the National Education Association.
On ENERGY and OIL, Sen. Bayh voted: YES on protecting middle-income taxpayers from a national energy tax,YES on tax incentives for energy production and conservation and he also supports tradable emissions permits for greenhouse gases and holds a 100% record from Campaign for America's Future
On ENVIRONMENT, Sen. Bayh wants to strengthen prohibitions against animal fighting and holds a 77% rating from the League of Conservation Voters

(Version 4)
On FAMILIES and CHILDREN, Sen. Bayh believes that government cannot substitute for families. He also wants to disallow renting violent-rated video games to children and is now holding a 33% rating from the Christian Coalition
On FOREIGN POLICY, Sen. Bayh voted: YES on enlarging NATO to include Eastern Europe. He believes on progressive internationalism.
On FREE TRADE, Sen. Bayh wants to build a rule-based global trading system, have a free & fair trade in order to have economic growth and holds a 33% rating from CATO

(Version 5)
On GOVERNMENT REFORM, Sen. Bayh voted:NO on requiring photo ID to vote in federal elections, YES on establishing the Senate Office of Public Integrity, NO on require photo ID (not just signature) for voter registration and YES on banning campaign donations from unions & corporations.
On GUN CONTROL, Sen. Bayh voted: NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers and NO on more penalties for gun & drug violations. He also wants to prevent unauthorized firearm use with "smart gun" technology.
On HEALTH CARE, Sen. Bayh holds a 75% rating from American Public Health Association

(Version 6)
On HOMELAND SECURITY, Sen. Bayh voted:YES on implementing the 9/11 Commission report, YES on limiting soldiers' deployment to 12 months and YES on military pay raise of 4.8%. He currently holds a 30% rating from SANE
On IMMIGRATION, Sen. Bayh voted: NO on comprehensive immigration reform, NO on declaring English as the official language of the US government, YES on building a fence along the Mexican border, YES on allowing illegal aliens to participate in Social Security and currently holds a 16% rating from US Border Control
On JOBS, Sen. Bayh voted: YES on increasing minimum wage to $7.25 and he wants to protect overtime pay protections and holds an 85% rating from AFL-CIO

(Version 7)
On PRINCIPLES AND VALUES, Sen. Bayh currently voted with Democratic Party 86.8% of 319 votes and was rated 100% by the Americans United for Separation of Church and State, indicating support of church-state separation.
On SOCIAL SECURITY, Sen. Bayh voted:NO on establishing reserve funds & pre-funding for Social Security, NO on using the Social Security Surplus to fund tax reductions, NO on Social Security Lockbox & limiting national debt and currently holds a 90% rating from Alliance for Retired Americans.
On TAX REFORM, Sen. Bayh voted: NO on repealing the Alternative Minimum Tax, NO on $350 billion in tax breaks over 11 years,NO on across-the-board spending cut and holds an 26% rating from National Taxpayers Union and 80% from Citizens for Tax Justice

(Version 8 )
On TECHNOLOGY, Sen. Bayh wants to fund nanotechnology research & development and to facilitate nationwide 2-1-1 phone line for human services.
On WAR and PEACE, Sen. Bayh voted: YES on redeploying US troops out of Iraq by March 2008 and YES on requiring on-budget funding for Iraq, not emergency funding.
On WELFARE, Sen. Bayh supports welfare-to-work & block grants, tax credits to promote home ownership in distressed areas and to fully fund AmeriCorps.

(Back to Sen. Bayh)

EB:It is important to know your candidate, in order for you to make wise decisions when you go to the polls. And I hope that you KNOW YOUR RIGHT CANDIDATE. CHOOSE THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WHO WILL FIGHT FOR YOU AND WILL BRING CHANGE HERE ON AMERICA.

Narrator: Change, vote for Evan Bayh, a leader fighting for change.

P.S: Information from On the Issues.
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2014, 09:54:23 AM »
« Edited: September 10, 2014, 07:17:53 AM by RGN08 »

Bayh Endorsements (September 11, 2007)

Former New York Governor Mario Cuomo: Many people had criticized me for not endorsing the current Senator from New York, Hillary Clinton. People, I’m endorsing Sen. Evan Bayh for the Democratic Nomination. He has the experience to lead this nation. He served his own state for 21 years, devoted to make Indiana greater than ever. Sen. Clinton might be a good choice but I prefer Sen. Bayh because of his leadership, integrity and experience to be the your leader.

Former Massachusetts Governor Michael DukakisSad I remembered when I was the Governor of Massachusetts, I was praised by both Democrat and Republican governors and named me as the most effective governor on the nation . Now, I believe that title now belongs to Sen. Evan Bayh. Not only the most effective governor but also the most effective senator. He fights for all Americans. And I know that Sen. Bayh can be an effective president than me.

Former Maine Governor Angus King:  When you compare me to Sen. Bayh on our record, you can see that he is a greater governor and a senator than me. 21 years, that’s experience. I believe he’s ready to lead us.

Alliance for Retired Americans: We know that Sen. Bayh will continue to fight for us, the elders when he becomes president. We know that he will protect Social Security and to preserve Medicare and Medicaid. He told us that he will increase the benefits of the seniors. He is our champion!

Citizens for Tax JusticeSad Basing on his record, we believe that Sen. Bayh continues to support our mission: To give ordinary people a greater voice in the development of tax laws. Against the armies of special interest lobbyists for corporations and the wealthy.  He will fight for progressive taxation.
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2014, 06:36:41 AM »
« Edited: September 10, 2014, 07:15:36 AM by RGN08 »

Surrogates Schedule
September 8 -7, 2007

Rep. Rahm Emanuel
Barnstorming at Illinois (Chicago, Aurora, Rockford, Joliet,Naperville, Springfield)

Fmr. Senator Gary Hart
Barnstorming in Colorado (Denver, Colorado Springs, Aurora, Fort Collins, Lakewood, Thornton)

Fmr. Vice President Walter Mondale
Barnstorming in Minnesota (Minneapolis, Saint Paul, Rochester, Bloomington, Dultuth)

Fmr. NY Governor Mario Cuomo
September 8-10 – Barnstorming in New York (Buffalo, Rochester, Yonkers, Syracuse, Albany)
September 11 (AM)- Commemorating the 6th anniversary of 9/11 attacks in New York City and fly to Iowa
September 11 (PM)- Attend the Fundraising Dinner of Sen. Evan Bayh at West Des Moines, Iowa and fly back to New York
September 12 -14- Barnstorming in New York City

Fmr. MA Governor Michael Dukakis
September 8-10 – Barnstorming in Massachusetts (Worcester, Springfield, Lowell, Cambridge, New Bedford)
September 11 (AM)- Commemorating the 6th anniversary of 9/11 attacks in Boston and fly to Iowa
September 11 (PM)- Attend the Fundraising Dinner of Sen. Evan Bayh at West Des Moines, Iowa and fly back to Massachusetts
September 12 -14- Barnstorming in Boston

Fmr. ME Governor Angus King
September 8-10 – Barnstorming in Maine
September 11 (AM)- Commemorating the 6th anniversary of 9/11 attacks in Maine and fly to Iowa
September 11 (PM)- Attend the Fundraising Dinner of Sen. Evan Bayh at West Des Moines, Iowa and fly back to New Hampshire
September 12 -14- Barnstorming in New Hampshire (Manchester, Nashua, Concord, Derry, Dover)

All organizations that has endorsed the Senator cooperated with us to make their GOTV Rally through the internet.
Sen. Bayh’s Press Director Robert Gibbs
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2014, 07:21:49 AM »

Fmr. NH Governor Jeanne Shaheen
September 8-10 – Barnstorming in New Hampshire (Rochester, Salem, Merrimack, Hudson, Londonderry)
September 11 (AM)- Commemorating the 6th anniversary of 9/11 attacks in Manchester and fly to Iowa
September 11 (PM)- Attend the Fundraising Dinner of Sen. Evan Bayh at West Des Moines, Iowa and fly back to New Hampshire
September 12 -14- Barnstorming in New Hampshire (Manchester, Nashua, Concord, Derry, Dover)

Shaheen has endorsed Landrieu.
Changed Shaheen to Angus King.
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2014, 06:32:44 PM »

Strong America: Evan Bayh
September 15-21, 2007

September 15,2007
4 AM- Arrived at Michigan
Campaign related items sale(fundraising) at Michigan
Preparing for Meet the Press appearance.
Setting up new campaign headquarters at Detroit, Michigan
Press conference at Detroit, Michigan
Bayh’s Michigan Fundraising Dinner Day 1 (town hall & issues presentation) at Bloomfield Hills, Michigan

Michigan, thank you for that warm greetings and for your support. Although our campaign is not yet reaching to the top, we are progressing. The long awaited journalists’ conference will start tomorrow at the University of Michigan. We cannot allow the high unemployment and the war in Iraq to continue. We should give help to those who need help. We should be united to make sure that we are a strong nation. Good Night and God Bless the USA!

Evan Bayh's Michigan's Journalists' Conference (Sept.16-17)

As a part of our fundraising, we decided to organize a 2-day Journalists' Conference Competition at the University of Michigan. This competition tests the participants' competency at journalism. Below shows the several competitions that we had prepared

7-12 Age Bracket
News Writing- 9/16 AM
Sports Writing- 9/16 AM
Cartooning- 9/16 PM
Editorial Writing- 9/16 AM
Feature Writing- 9/16 AM

13-17 Age Bracket
News Writing- 9/16 AM
Sports Writing- 9/16 AM
Cartooning- 9/16 PM
Editorial Writing- 9/16 PM
Science Writing- 9/16 PM
Feature Writing- 9/16 AM

18-above Age Bracket
News Writing- 9/16 PM
Sports Writing- 9/17 AM
Feature Writing- 9/17 AM
Cartooning- 9/16 PM
Editorial Writing- 9/17 PM
Science Writing- 9/17 PM
Feature Writing- 9/16 PM
Photojournalism- 9/16 AM

All schools, institutions and individuals are invited. Registration fee is at $3.5. Registration will be before the start of the first day of the conference. Registration forms are found in: Sen. Bayh's campaign website, University of Michigan, and at Evan Bayh's campaign HQs. Thank You.

Meet the Press appearance (some questions)
David Gregory (seconding DKrol’s post) (Washington): Now live from Detroit, A Senator and a candidate for the Democratic nomination for president, Evan Bayh of Indiana.
Evan Bayh (Detroit, Michigan):  Thanks, David
DG: Senator, several newspapers described you as an energetic, competitive and an emerging challenger for the Democratic nomination however, some described you as having a fundraising complex, as you held competitions, dinners or even rallies as a fundraising stint. What is your reaction to this?
EB: To those who labelled me as having a fundraising complex, so, criticize me, They have the right. I’m not forbidding them to criticize me. Yes, I’ve tried several ways to raise funds but it’s a part of the campaign. You can never reach the White House without even a dollar that is from your fundraising events. They should ask Sen. Clinton, Sen. Lincoln or even the President, if they had tried several fundraising stints or events.They did
DG:  Now Senator, any reactions on the latest polls?
EB:  The polls show that we are moving forward to the White House. It’s a big improvement for me. And look, most people trust in my leadership. Leadership can still move us even forward David.
DG: Thanks for joining us, Senator Bayh
EB: Welcome, David, a pleasure.

September 16, 2007
Appearance at Meet the Press
8 AM- 5 PM (First day of Evan Bayh's Michigan’s Journalists ' Conference)
8 AM – 9 AM Speech at the University of Michigan (mostly mechanics)

America, welcome to our second journalists’ conference. Thank You, participants and trainors for attending and competing here. All of you are winners, even at this time. Here, I hope you will be learning a lot from this journalists’ conference. And because we are already in the 21st Century, we will be modernizing the way you will compete. Now you will type, for writing contests. For the cartoonists and photojournalists, you will still stick to the basics, but for photojournalists, captioning will be done through printing. We should address the challenges of the 21st Century in order for us not to be behind. Godspeed and God Bless the USA!
Meet and Greet at Grand Rapids, Michigan
Town hall at Warren, Michigan
Town hall at Sterling Heights, Michigan
Town hall at Dearborn, Michigan
Barnstorming at Lansing, Michigan
Bayh’s Michigan Fundraising Dinner Day 2 (candidate endorsements : 1/3 new endorser attending& auctioning of limited edition campaign items) at Bloomfield Hills, Michigan

September 17, 2007
8 AM- 3 PM (Last day of Evan Bayh's Michigan’s Journalists ' Conference)
2 PM – 3 PM Awarding and Closing Ceremonies of Evan Bayh's Michigan’s journalists’ conference

Another successful journalists’ conference!  I would like to thank: all of our speakers, all of the students, staffs , the president and the Board of Regents of this university, the contestants and trainors, my campaign staff, and the others who took part in this very successful event. And for the winners, it’s an honor to be with you today! Good Afternoon and God Bless the USA!
Barnstorming at Warren, Lansing, Ann Arbor and Flint.
Criss-crossing Detroit and Grand Rapids
Bayh’s Michigan Fundraising Dinner Day 3 (speech and press conference) at Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Thank You Michigan for your support! A while ago, we had concluded our second journalists’ conference. And, based on what the speaker-judges had told us, you are excellent in the field of journalism! Now, we want to be a greater country. We cannot let this high unemployment continue.We should secure our borders and let those illegal immigrants to undergo legal processes. To those who want to be Americans, why not. Let us join forces to secure our borders and to end war to promote peace! Thank You and God bless us all!
11 PM- Left Michigan for New Hampshire

September 18, 2007
Campaign related items sale(fundraising) at New Hampshire
Morning rest at Nashua, New Hampshire
Town hall at Concord, New Hampshire
Meet and greet at Derry, New Hampshire
Town Hall at Rochester, New Hampshire
Issues presentation at Keene, New Hampshire
Issues presentation at Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Meeting with the campaign staff at New Hampshire

September 19, 2007
Barnstorming at Dover, New Hampshire
Bus tour at Nashua,New Hampshire
Bus tour at Dixville Notch- the first place in the U.S to vote
Issues presentation at Hudson, New Hampshire
GOTV Rally at Nashua, New Hampshire
Bayh’s New Hampshire Fundraising Dinner Day 1 (town hall and issues presentation) at Nashua, New Hampshire
First of all, again, thank you for your support! Our campaign is improving. The numbers are up and we are moving forward towards the Democratic nomination. Even though it sounds ambitious, we can still do it as I told to my staff, little by little and we can do it. Let us be strong even if something bad happens and let us be united to keep America safe.

September 20, 2007
Town Hall at Merrimack, New Hampshire
GOTV Rally at Hudson, New Hampshire
GOTV Rally at Derry, New Hampshire
Town Hall at Goffstown, New Hampshire
Bayh’s New Hampshire Fundraising Dinner Day 2 (2/3 new endorsers attending) at Nashua, New Hampshire

September 21,2007
Barnstorming at Manchester, New Hampshire
Town hall at Nashua, New Hampshire
Issues presentation at Concord,New Hampshire
Bus tour at Nashua, New Hampshire
Bus tour at Derry, New Hampshire
Bayh’s New Hampshire Fundraising Dinner Day 3 (speech and press conference) at Nashua, New Hampshire
New Hampshiiirrrrrrreeeeeeeee….. Thank You for the last three days.  Before I leave, I will tell you, If I will be the president, I cannot do it on my own. We should be united with one another. United to promote peace, security and not to promote war. We need your support in this campaign so in November, we will go to the White House! Good Night and God Bless the USA.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies