2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:15:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread  (Read 78113 times)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« on: August 30, 2014, 10:35:12 AM »

Ralph Nader for President

Good evening. You might know me as the man that stole the 2000 Election, or so I am called by a few Democrats. [laughter] Yes, indeed, that was my intention then, but I'd rather have stolen it from both parties. [laughter] Six years have passed since then, and the administration of a Mr Clinton has been followed by one of a Mr Bush and one of a Mr Guliani. Yet, have we experienced any differences? Nothing has changed since then, America is still ruled and divided by the two major parties, that are the same in everything but name. Your "choice", America, is between the same, and nothing but the same. I think it is about time someone really steals the election from them!

Two years ago, we got a bit further to that moment. The Libertarian candidate, Gary Johnson, and our own party's candidate, Dennis Kuchinic, both scored better than any third-party candidate since Ross Perot, and have been the first third-party candidates since George Wallace in 1968 to win the electoral votes of a state! All this will again occur in 2008. 2004 was a sign of warning for our two major parties. 2008 will be the year of reckoning for those two parties, when America will finally know better than to support two parties that have brought us endless recessions, wars and nothing but more of the same. 2008 will be when I, with your help, as the candidate of the Green Party, will again try to steal the election, from Democrats and Republicans alike! Thank you, and blessings to you all!

Let's try it once again Tongue
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 03:29:35 PM »

Ralph's Team for America '08:

Campaign Manager: Theresa Amato
Chief of Staff: Jill Stein
Press Secretary: Chris Hedges
Finance Secretary: Noam Chomsky

Field Director Northeast: Howie Hawkins
Field Director West: Rocky Anderson
Field Director Midwest and South: Dennis Kucinich

Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 05:03:46 AM »
« Edited: September 03, 2014, 08:18:55 AM by Senator Cranberry »

Nader '08: September 1st - September 7th 2007

September 1st, 2007: Connecticut
- Announcing presidential campaign in Bridgeport, CT
- Speech and Q&A before students of Connecticut State in Willimantic, CT
- Speech and Q&A before students of Wesleyan University in Middletown, CT

September 2nd, 2007: Washington, DC and Maryland
- Flight to Washington, DC
- Attendance of a "DC Statehood Rally" at the National Mall, DC
- Announcing Endorsement of Bernie Sanders in a press conference in his Senate Office
- Speech and Q&A before students of University of Maryland in College Park, MD

September 3rd, 2007: Washington, DC
- Attendance of Labor Day Festivals in DC
- Speech before National Library, DC
- Afternoon break at DC home
- Fundraising with possible Green supporters in DC

Excerpt: "This day, Labor Day, is a day for workers, for the working class families of America, for every working American. Everyone agrees to that, and on Labor Day everyone is the first to promise to work for the "working class". Well, I do not know anyone that believes this from a Republican, not even themselves. But there should be, and there was a party, that took these issues seriously. We thought so longer than they did, and we saw what brought us the nineties, under a "democratic" president. This precisely is the reason why I am running for president. When none of the two majro parties looks for the working class, well then, let's find another one! When we have two parties that are just the same, than we are bitterly in need of a third, or a fourth or a fifth choice!"

September 4th, 2007: California
- Flight to San Francisco, CA
- Hiking with the press to Mount Tamalpais, Marin County, CA and speech on environmental protection
- Speech and Q&A before students of the UC Hastings in San Francisco, CA

Excerpt: "When we look around us, we see just how incredibly beautiful the nature of our country is. Here, no more than half an hour from downtown San Francisco, one of the busiest cities in the world, there is such a calm and silent area, admist the immense beauty of our nature. At such places, I feel so reaffirmed because why I am an environmental acitivist. If there is one duty this our country imposes on us, than this is the duty to preserve its natural beauty, to keep not nature but human pressure on it limited, yes also to go out and just enjoy nature, just outside of our doorsteps.

September 5th, 2007: Washington
- Flight to Seattle, WA
- Speech and Q&A before students of University of Washington in Seattle, WA
- Speech and Barnstorming in Downtown Seattle, WA

September 6th, 2007: Ohio and West Virginia
- Flight to Cleveland, OH
- Shared press conference with Dennis Kucinich in Cleveland, OH
- Speech and Barnstorming with Dennis Kucinich in Cleveland, OH adressing the manufacturing sector
- Drive to Charleston, WV
- Speech in Charleston, WV

Excpert: "It's primary season again, America, and so it is no wonder to hear nothing of our two parties outside from Iowa and New Hampshire, eventually South Carolina if the candidate is a southerner. It seems not to occur to them that there are fifty states of America, not just three early primary states and a handfull of swing states. As such, my visit here in West Virginia will evoke nothing but head-shaking from experts from both parties. What does he plan to do here? He will never win here, the Green Party and West Virginia just do not fit together. Well, this is my reason to come here. It has been said and accepted that West Virginia and the Green Party just don't fit together, therefore, Greens shall please not campaign there. This is a fatal error! The Green Party fits for every American, but just because we do not like coal delivery, which is a major economical factor in West Virginia, we should please stay out of the Mountain State? Well, right now, I can give you three good reasons why West Virginia and the Green Party perfectly together. Firstly, the Green Party is a party devoted to civil liberties, and West Virginia was founded because of civil liberties, because its good people opposed the opressions of slavery and embraced liberty for every American. Secondly, the Green Party is a party that really cares for the interests of the workers and workers families, and West Virginia has always been a beacon of pro-worker legislation. And thirdly, the Green Party is a party that looks ahead into a green future, a future different from our current situation, and West Virginia is one of the states that the most need this change to a great future.

September 7th, 2007: Virginia and Washington, DC
- Drive to Vienna, VA
- Speech and Barnstorming in Vienna, VA
- Speech and Barnstorming in Arlington, VA
- Speech and Barnstorming in Alexandria, VA
- Evening break at DC home
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 09:52:18 AM »

Ralph Nader - Endorsements and Field Organizations:

Dennis Kucinich

"Four years ago, I had the honour to run as the green party candidate, and we achieved a lot. We showed America that there is no need for just two choices of the same, but that it is far better to have a real third, or fourth, or fifth choice. This year, Ralph Nader is this third choice. I have adored Ralph for a long time, and his long, relentless efforts for consumer protection, the environment and the working people have showed me that he is just the best choice America can make."

Bernie Sanders

"You know, three years ago, when the states were called in the 2004 election night, I was really proud of my home state of Vermont, for deciding against the two major party candidates, but instead choosing a real alternative, with Dennis Kucinich. This year, Ralph Nader is running as the candidate of the Green Party, and he is just the same great choice for America as Dennis was three years ago. He is the only candidate that cares for America, the only one that has not been corrupted by Washington and Wall Street business interests. Go ahead America, this man is there for you!"

Sierra Club

"Of all the candidates running for the office of president this turn, Ralph Nader has easily been the single one that cares the most for our environment. An activist for a long time, he has for long championed for the same issues we care for. As such, he is the best choice, for us and for America.

Field Organizations - September 2007

Northeast:
led by Howie Hawkins

• Establishing campaign offices in Boston, Burlington, Hartford, Albany, New York City and Portland
  • Recruiting interns and volunteers, for both continous and temporary (from May 2008 on) use
  • Special focus on campuses and colleges

West:
led by Rocky Anderson

• Establishing campaign offices in Seattle, Portland, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Sacramento, Anchorage, Denver and Honolulu
  • Recruiting interns and volunteers, for both continous and temporary (from May 2008 on) use

Midwest and South:
led by Dennis Kucinich

• Establishing campaign offices in Cleveland, Chicago, Madison, Minneapolis, Fargo, Detroit, Austin, Miami, Washington DC and Charleston
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 08:17:15 AM »
« Edited: September 03, 2014, 03:16:14 PM by Senator Cranberry »

Ralph Nader Surrogates Schedule:

Dennis Kucinich:
September 1st: Congressional duties
September 2nd: Barnstorming and campaigning at Labor Day parade and festivities in Cleveland
September 3rd: Meeting with possible Green Party candidates for public offices in Wisconsin, Michigan and Ohio in Cleveland
September 4th - September 5th: Congressional duties
September 6th: Press conference with Ralph Nader in Cleveland, Barnstorming with him in Cleveland
September 7th: Barnstorming in Cleveland and Lakewood, Ohio

Bernie Sanders:
September 1st: Senatorial duties
September 2nd: Announcing endorsement in press conference with Ralph Nader 
September 3rd - September 4th: Senatorial duties
September 5th: Barnstorming and campaigning in South Burlington and Montepelier, VT
September 6th: Barnstorming and campaigning in Rutland and Ludow, VT
September 7th: Barnstorming and campaigning in St Albans and Burlington, VT

Green Party of the United States - State Groups for Down-Ballot Campaigning Efforts

"To coordinate efforts to elect Green Party members to "down-ballot" public offices, the following state groups are formed, easening the process for greens running for public offices. The state groups campaigns are independent from Ralph Nader's presidential campaign, yet both will coordinate and work together. State groups will be led by a prominent green of the area.

New England - Bernie Sanders
New York - Howie Hawkins
Mid Atlantic - Cheri Honkala
Appalachians - Eugene Puryear
Great Lakes - Dennis Kucinich
Midwest - Rich Whitney
North - Winona LaDuke
South - Cynthia McKinney
Mountains - Rocky Anderson
Southwest - David Cobb
California - Matt Gonzalez
Pacific - Jim Sykes
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 03:52:15 AM »

Nader '08: September 8th - September 14th

September 8th, 2007 Wisconsin
- Flight to Madison, WI
- Rally with Senator Russ Feingold in Madison, WI
- Rally with Senator Russ Feingold in Fond du Lac, WI
- Rally with Senator Russ Feingold in Milwaukee, WI

September 9th, 2007 Michigan
- Flight to Lansing, MI
- Town Hall in Lansing, MI
- Town Hall in Detroit, MI
- Speech before automobile industry workers in Flint, MI

"Corporate America has done many bad things, but what happened to Flint is just horrid. The entire city of Flint was sent into decline, because GM suddenly decided that it was cheaper to produce the same things in Mexico. Not that that alone would be bad enough, this very same company, General Motors, continues to live off corporate welfare paid by the likes of you and me, and paid by the people of Flint that lost their jobs and their existence because of GM. And what do President Guliani and the Republicans, but also Senator Clinton and the Democrats do? They continue to pay GM their ransom, and don't even bother to adress the problems these corporations have done to Flint, yes to all of our nation."

September 10th, 2007 Pennsylania
- Flight to Pittsburgh, PA
- Barnstorm in Pittsburgh, PA
- Barnstorm in Hermitage, PA
- Barnstom in Eirie, PA
- Flight to New York City, NY

September 11th, 2007 New York
- Attendance of 9/11 Memorials

September 12th, 2007 Utah
- Night flight to Salt Lake City, UT
- Press conference with Rocky Anderson in Salt Lake City, UT
- Speech and Barnstorm with Rocky Anderson in Salt Lake City, UT
- Flight to Everett, WA

"Utah, they say, is yet another state hostile to progressive ideas, to the Green Party that fully embraces these ideas. Well, last I checked these people here in Salt Lake City elected one of the most progressive mayors in America. My dear Rocky Anderson radically changed Salt Lake City, and transformed it into a green city, a city of the green future. I plan to enct the exact same measures in all our fifty states if I'm elected president. I will do the same as Rocky Anderson, I will make our nation a green nation, a nation fit for the future."

September 13th, 2007 Washington
- Rally in Everett, WA
- Rally in Seattle WA
- Rally in Tacoma, WA
- Fundraiser in Olympia, WA

September 14th, 2007 Washington and Oregon
- Barnstorm in Olympia, WA
- Barnstorm in Vancouver, WA
- Speech at Hayden Island in Columbia River, OR
- Barnstorm in Portland, OR
- Barnstorm in Salem, OR

"Washington and Oregon, those two great states here in the northwest of our nation, are beacons of progressive and green legislature, while at the same time being two of the nation's most wealthy states, and two of the states with the smallest gap in incomes between the rich and the poor. I can only applaud your achievements on all these fields, both in Washington at the one side of this river, and in Oregon at the other. If I'm president, I will commit myself to make the nation more like Oregon and Washington on these issues. We will need an increase of the minimum wage, more investement in green technology and energy, more funding of education, subsidizing of public universities and colleges to make them affordable, and equal rights for every American. You won't get that from either DC Democrats or DC Republicans, Senator Clinton or President Guliani. But you will get that from me, and from the Green Party!"
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 05:53:09 AM »
« Edited: September 08, 2014, 06:43:50 AM by Senator Cranberry »

Ralph '08 - New Endorsements

Rocky Anderson:
"This man over here, is my dear friend Ralph Nader. I have got to know him, and you have got to know him, as a man that sticks to his ideals and principles. He has been an advocate for consumers interests, he has fought for the common American, and he has been activist completely devoted to create a greener America, an America fit for the future. This all leaves me no choice, but to wholeheartedly endorse Ralph Nader for the office of President of the United States!"

Elizabeth Warren:
"Ralph Nader and I have a lot in common. But not just us two. If you look back at your history, and you look back at Ralph Nader's history, you can see that just every average American shares similar story as Ralph. He was not born into a family of Wall Street businessman or politicians, he was born to an immigrants family. He did not go to college or university because "daddy pays it", he came to where he is now in the same way as every other regular American - through hard work, committment and strictly following his American dream. That is why I can trust Ralph Nader to not betray America to corporate interests, but keep it in the interests of average Americans, as he is just like you and me, an average American."

Russ Feingold:
"I am proud to serve the great state of Wisconsin in the United States Senate, and when you elected me there, I made a promise to every Wisconsian, a promise that I would always just serve in their interests, not in the interests of my party or any sponsors. Well, today I stand here to show my comittment to this promise. I joined the Democratic Party, just like many of you, long ago, when it was the party of Roosevelt, Kennedy or Johnson; the party that was truly committed to the common American's interets. But look at the Democratic Party now, look who is running for the Democratic Party nomination for president. Do you trust people like former Senator Lincoln or Senators Clinton, Bayh or Landrieu to serve in the mould of Franklin Delano Roosevelt, to serve in the interest of the common American? I don't, and neither do you, Wisconsin. This Democratic Party we have today, it has become nothing but the Second Republican Party. This is why I stand here today before you and announce that I will leave the Democratic Party, and join the Green Party. The Green Party over the last years has changed from a fringe party to a true force in American politics, a true alternative for every American that truly cares for progressive values, civil liberties and a decent environment. It are these prospects, that make me a Green Party member, and I know many of you feel the same. So come on, join the Green Party with me, make Wisconsin a green state and our nation a green country!"

Human Rights Campaign:
"Ralph Nader is the candidate in this race, that has the loudest and most consistently demanded true equality for every American. He is a friend of the LGBTQ community, and the best choice not just for us, but for every American. The Human Rights Campaign is hence very proud to endorse Ralph Nader for President.

League of Conservation Voters:
"While we have endorsed Senator Bayh for the Democratic Party primaries, we stand proud to nevertheless endorse Mr Ralph Nader for president. He is running under the banner of the Green Party, and as such is naturally a candidate that has and will continue to adress the issues most pressing to us - a decent environment for us all to live in. Americans that care for the environment - we present you your best choice for president.

Ralph '08 - Surrogate Schedules

Dennis Kucinich
Barnstorming in Ohio and Michigan
Recruiting Green Party candidates for the "Great Lakes" state group

Bernie Sanders
Barnstorming in Vermont, Upstate New York and Western Massachussetts
Recruiting Green Party candidates for the "New England" state group

Rocky Anderson

Barnstorming in Utah
Recruiting Green Party candidates for the "Mountains" state group

Elizabeth Warren

Barnstorming in Massachussetts, Maine and New Hampshire

Russ Feingold

Barnstorming in Wisconsin
Registering Democratic Wisconsians as Green Party Members

The Sierra Club

Advertising and Ad Buying for Ralph Nader and the Green Party

Human Rights Campaign

League of Conservation Voters
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 06:56:39 AM »

votenader.org
Ralph Nader's campaign presence on the internet and in "social networks"

With the help of volunteer computer science students, the Nader campaign has been able to build up votenader.org, a true innovation on the fields of campaigning. The website will provide net-only content, including advertisment clips; and provide an opportunity for especially the "Web-Generation" to sign up for the Nader campaing team, donate certain amounts of money to the campaign and inform themselves over Ralph Nader and his campaign.

Additionally, votenader.org will also be present on the popular facebook.com social network, in forms of both a facebook page and advertisment. Supporters will be able to share their support of Ralph Nader's campaign, and invite friends to do the same. 
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2014, 04:39:09 AM »

Ralph '08: The Great Lakes Week

September 15th, 2007: Minnesota
- Flight to Minneapolis, MN
- Rally in Minneapolis, MN
- Rally in Saint Paul, MN
- Rally in Rochester, MN

September 16th, 2007: Wisconsin
- Drive to Eau Claire, WI
- Barnstorming with Russ Feingold in Eau Claire, WI
- Barnstorming with Russ Feingold in Wasau, WI
- Barnstorming with Russ Feingold in Green Bay, WI

September 17th, 2007: Wisconsin
- Town Hall with Russ Feingold in Appleton, WI
- Town Hall with Russ Feingold in Oshkosh, WI
- Town Hall with Russ Feingold and Tammy Baldwin in Madison, WI
- Fundraising with Russ Feingold and Tammy Baldwin in Madison, WI

September 18th, 2007: Michigan
- Flight to Grand Rapids, MI
- Rally in Grand Rapids, MI
- Rally in Lansing, MI
- Rally in Bay City, MI
- Rally in Flint, MI

September 19th, 2007: Michigan and Ohio
- Meet & Greet in Ann Arbor, MI
- Meet & Greet in Detroit, MI
- Meet & Greet in Monroe, MI
- Meet & Greet in Toledo, OH

September 20th, 2007: Ohio
- Barnstorming with Dennis Kucinich in Lorain, OH
- Barnstorming with Dennis Kucinich in Downtown Cleveland, OH
- Barnstorming with Dennis Kucinich in Strongsville, OH
- Fundraising with Dennis Kucinich and Ohio Green Party candidates in Cleveland, OH

September 21st, 2007: Illinois
- Flight to Chicago, IL
- Town Hall in Downtown Chicago, IL
- Town Hall in Schaumburg, IL
- Town Hall in Rockford, IL
- Town Hall in Dekalb, IL
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2014, 04:52:07 AM »

Ralph '08: Building for the Future (TV SPOT)

Hi. I'm Ralph Nader. You probably know me, I was that spoiler candidate in Florida seven years ago. Next year, I want to run for President again. I believe America needs a change, a turn for the future. I would like to see an America not dependant of Middle East Oil Barons, but using its own renewable energy sources. I would like to see an America where everyone can get a job, and the ones who have on do not have to fear that his employer goes off to Mexico. I would like to see an America where everyone has the same chances, and can become whatever he wants, yes even you little Jimmy! I would like to see this America in the future, and we need to build this America, build for the future.

I am Ralph Nader, and I approve this message.
Paid for by the Nader for President Committee

To be aired in the following states:
(Top targets in dark green)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2014, 04:42:29 AM »
« Edited: September 14, 2014, 07:37:23 AM by Senator Cranberry »

Ralph '08 - Endorsements 3:

Tammy Baldwin
"We here in Wisconsin like people who fight for true progressive values. Now look who is running for the democratic nomination, the party that should be the progressive one. There we have Senators Clinton, Kerry, Landrieu, and people like former Senator Lincoln. Do you trust them to be a true representative for you in the White House? I don't. But we don't have to look out just for Democrats, let's do what our Senator Feingold did last week. There is a candidate in this race that represents our values, fights for what we care, cares for what we fight; and this candidate is no Democrat. Ladies and Gentelmen, let me present you Ralph Nader, our true choice for president!"

Matt Gonzalez
"I ran for mayor here in San Francisco as a Green candidate, and many of you gave me your support against the guy that called himself a "Democrat". Now, we have the same situation. We have dozens of guys in the battle for the nomination for president that call themselves "Democrats", yet are no more than a second Rudy Guliani in sheep's cloth. Doesn't it look similar to you as in 2003? For me, it does. Then many of you voted for me, and today, I ask you to consider the same. Not vote for me this time, but for the guy that is no Democrat but represents the values the Democratic Party says it represents. The guy that fighted tirelessly for consumer's rights, for the working man, for the environment, for everyone that can not fight for himself against Wall Street and DC interests. This man is Ralph Nader, and this man is your man!"

Michael Moore
"You remember that one time we tried to run a ficus for congress, and the guy were so scared that they refused to count the write-in votes cast for it, as soon as it became clear that the ficus would beat the representative four to one? I very well remember that time, but what is really sad about this, is that the story reoccurs everywhere in America, at every election. We are so often denied our rights to vote for more than Democrats or Republicans, it has become uncountable. There are states where no one but two candidates may get on the ballot, next fall there will be debates where they will try to just let two guys talk with each other. This is just a plain violation of our rights to choose more than just two candidates! I mean, it should be clear that I don't like Democrats or Republicans, but everyone, regardless of partisan background, should support iniatives that want to give choices on the ballot to people! Therefore, I announce the creation of the "Choices for America" initative, and I invite people from all camps, Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, Greens and Independents, to come join it, help get signatures to enable every candidate to be on the ballot in every state, and sue the state of Oklahoma for its laws enabling just Democrats and Republicans to be on their ballots!"

Earth Times
As one of the major internet environmental media and acitivism group we are proud to announce our endorsement for Ralph Nader for President. Ralph has throughout his whole life fought for a liveable America and a liveable nature for us Americans. As such, he is the natural candidate for us, as well as for American that cares for our environment.

MoveOn.org
We are a Political Action Committee comitted to progressive and liberal ideas, and no candidate in thsi race is more in touch with our values, as well as the values of every American, as Ralph Nader. He has tirelessly campaigned for the issues that matter to us, civil liberties for every American, and has proved to be a candidate that keeps his promises.

Ralph '08: Surrogate Schedule

Dennis Kucinich:
Barnstorming in Ohio

Bernie Sanders:
Barnstorming in Vermont

Rocky Anderson:
Barnstorming in Utah

Elizabeth Warren:
Barnstorming in Massachusetts

Russ Feingold:

Tammy Baldwin:

Matt Gonzalez:
Barnstorming in the San Francisco Bay Area

Michael Moore:
Barnstorming in Michigan
Organising the Choices For America Initiative

Organisations:
Fundraising, Advertising and Ad Buying for Ralph Nader and the Green Party
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2014, 09:31:11 AM »

Ralph Nader '08 - On the shores of the Pacific - Part 1

September 22nd, 2007 Alaska
Flight to Anchorage, AK
Town Hall in Anchorage, AK
Meet & Greet in Wasilla, AK
Flight to Fairbanks, AK
Speech before students of Alaska State University in College, AK

"Up here in Lone Star State, one can still experience the extreme beauty of our nature in so many place, untouched and unspoiled; while at the same the people here suffer from no imposes and restrictions in their daily life protecting nature that would seriously affect their lifes. If I am elected president, I want to make our whole nation a place more like Alaska in this prospect. You here in Alaska showed our nation what we can do to make our country a beautiful place living side-by-side with our natural beauty, and the best we can do is follow your lead!"

September 23rd, 2007 Alaska
Rally in Fairbanks, AK
Flight to Juneau, AK
Town Hall in Juneau, AK
Flight to Sitka, AK
Barnstorming in Sitka, AK
Night flight to Honolulu, HI

September 24th, 2007 Hawai'i
Meet & Greet in Downtown Honolulu, HI
Town Hall in Pearl City, HI
Rally in Kailua, HI
Flight to Hilo, HI
Barnstorming in Hilo, HI
Late night flight to San Diego, CA

September 25th, 2007 Southern California
Town Hall in San Diego, CA
Speech at the Mexican-American border between San Diego, CA and Tijuana, Mexico
Flight to Santa Ana, CA
Rally in Santa Ana, CA
Barnstorming in Long Beach, CA
Meet & Greet in East Los Angeles, CA
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2014, 05:47:43 AM »

Ralph Nader Schedule Part 2 - Californication

September 26th, 2007 California
Town Hall in Downtown Los Angeles, CA
Rally in Pasadena, CA
Meet & Greet in Glendale, CA
Q&A before students of the UCLA, Los Angeles, CA

September 27th, 2007 California
Barnstorming in Ventura, CA
Rally in Santa Barbara, CA
Town Hall in Monterey, CA

September 28th, 2007 California
Meet & Greet in Santa Cruz, CA
Barnstorming in San Jose, CA
Rally in Fremont, CA

September 29th, 2007 California
- Rest

September 30th, 2007 California
Barnstorming in Oakland, CA
Rally in Vallejo, CA
Town Hall in Downtown San Francisco, CA
Q & A before students of UC Berkeley, CA
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2014, 09:35:53 AM »
« Edited: September 21, 2014, 11:56:14 AM by Senator Cranberry »

Ralph Nader - New Surrogates

Howie Hawkins - Campaigning in New York

Bill Thompson - Campaigning in New York City

Rev Al Sharpton - Campaigning in South Carolina, Georgia and Florida

Rachel Maddow - Campaigning in Massachusetts

Bill Moyers - Campaigning in New York City

David Saperstein - Campaigning in Washington DC and Maryland

Rep Barbara Lee - Campaigning in the Bay Area

ThinkProgress
Greenpeace USA

(Sorry for being so short and effortless to say so, maybe I find time later this evening to polish it up a bit...)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2014, 09:36:53 AM »

Ralph '08: Building for the Future (TV SPOT)

Hi. I'm Ralph Nader. You probably know me, I was that spoiler candidate in Florida seven years ago. Next year, I want to run for President again. I believe America needs a change, a turn for the future. I would like to see an America not dependant of Middle East Oil Barons, but using its own renewable energy sources. I would like to see an America where everyone can get a job, and the ones who have on do not have to fear that his employer goes off to Mexico. I would like to see an America where everyone has the same chances, and can become whatever he wants, yes even you little Jimmy! I would like to see this America in the future, and we need to build this America, build for the future.

I am Ralph Nader, and I approve this message.
Paid for by the Nader for President Committee

To be aired in the following states:
(Top targets in dark green)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2014, 10:43:01 AM »

Ralph Nader - October and November 2007

October 2007:
Ralph Nader was touring the bases of support for the Green Party. Visiting California, Oregon, Washington, Alaska, Hawaii, Colorado, North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont and Maine; he met with voters, talked before students; campaigned with endorsers and surrogates; and met with local Green Party affiliates. Ralph Nader's first ad continued to be aired.

November 2007:
In November 2007, Ralph Nader visited among others states that had been neglected by his campaign in the two months before, especially in the South and the West. He focused the first week around the nation's capital, visiting Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Virginia and the District of Columbia; spend the second week in many Southern states, from Florida to New Mexico; and had his third week's base in the Mountain states - Colorado, Utah, Nevada, Arizona, Wyoming, South Dakota, Montana and Idaho. He again communicated with voters and students; continued to build up his network of supporters, also in states he did not visit in November; and helped cooridnate the build up of the Green Party, especially with the help of the five Green Party members of congress, that were proud to found their Green Congress Caucus, with Dennis Kucinich as House Chairman and Russ Feingold as Senate Chairman.

Green Party of the United States - Fall 2007:

The Green Party of the United States coninued to build up their network and party organization, to become a true viable alternative for progressive Americans also outside Presidential Elections. The party's largest event in October and November 2007 was the founding of the Green Congress Caucus, the Green Party organization within the Congress, on October 23rd. The following Congressmen and -women, members of the Green Party, make up the caucus as of November 2007:

Senate:
Russ Feingold (WI)
Bernie Sanders (VT)

House:
Dennis Kucinich (OH-10)
Tammy Baldwin (WI-2)
Barbara Lee (CA-9)

Those five members of congress continue to caucus with the Democratic Party for committee assignment purposes.

In the November 2007 elections, the Green Party of the United States filed the following candidates:

- Lousiana Governor: Malik Rahim
- Kentucky Governor: no filed candidate, endorsed Steve Beshear
- San Francisco Mayor: Matt Gonzalez
- Philadelphia Mayor: Cheri Honkala

The Green Party filed various candidates for legislature elections in Virginia, New Jersey, Louisiana, Mississippi and the Northern Mariana Islands.

(OOC: That's probably a lot, but could you give election results for some of the 2007 elections, NHI? It would probably help give the game a very realistic touch. I can understand if you say no, though.)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2014, 10:34:23 AM »

Ralph Nader drops out of Presidential Race
Cites Health Reasons
Endorsement: "America could do worse than with Howard Dean; as long as he stays true to his principles like he did as Governor of Vermont"
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies