2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:46:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread  (Read 77865 times)
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« on: August 29, 2014, 09:12:02 PM »

I shall be Mark Sanford.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 12:38:45 AM »

Mark Sanford 2008: A Vision for America

Good evening, y'all! I know that all of you out here in the crowd will be excited to hear this news: I have officially filed my paperwork and am now a candidate for President of the United States! *applause* Some people may be wondering why I've decided to challenge a sitting President. After all, I'm sure we all consider President Giuliani to be a decent, hardworking man, as I do. However, that's not the issue at hand here. Our President has failed to live up to the core principles of his party time and time again, and he has betrayed and alienated his allies as well as millions of Americans across the country that he represents as our nation's leader. One can only look at the record and come to this conclusion. Republicans are about managing and shrinking government, and being responsible with our spending, but our government has grown larger just as our debt has. Republicans believe in free-market principles, but the President has been picking and choosing winners in sectors like energy. Republicans believe in the sanctity of life and upholding our nation's traditional values, but our President has openly been like a Democrat on these issues for years and has reflected that in office.

All of these show a failure of leadership and principle from our President. It's up to all of us in Washington to obey the Constitution and live within our means, but we have fewer allies here than we would like or should have. For every single person out there who has become frustrated with the way government has been going these last couple of years, know that you have a choice. I'm offering a strong alternative and new solutions from President Giuliani. I want to embrace free-market principles and minimize the influence that government has on your lives in all ways. I will put an end to reckless government spending and eliminate the massive tax burden that you're saddled with. We shall once again follow the rule of law and stick to the founding principles of our Constitution. This election isn't just about the heart and soul of the Republican Party, it's of the entire country. Real leadership will come in the White House, and I hope to meet you all there. Let's win this thing! Thank you, God bless you, and God bless the United States of America!
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 02:23:36 PM »

I welcome the third partiers. It should make for a really interesting general election, since third parties in this timeline are already strong.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 11:24:25 PM »

May we also get some general election polling, early as it may be?
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 02:12:16 AM »

Mark Sanford Campaign Schedule: September 1-7

This election, and this primary, is about a choice: Do we want to stick with the same establishment politicians who go along to get along and forget about who brought them to office along the way? Or, would you rather have a clear-cut, principled leader who fights for you every step of the way? I'm running to give voters the choice that they need. Ladies and gentlemen, this election has officially begun, and I'll need your help more than ever these next few months!

September 1
With Jim DeMint
-Town Hall in Clemson, SC
-Town Hall in Forest Acres, SC
-Town Hall in York, SC
-Rally and Fundraiser in Florence, SC
-Rally and Fundraiser in Mount Pleasant, SC

I've fought for South Carolina my whole political career, first as a Congressman, and now as your Governor. I've never backed away from my beliefs, even if I've gotten flak from my fellow Republicans on certain issues. Disagreeing with me or whoever else is okay, but we have too many politicians who want to undermine other opinions and get everybody to think the same way. I'm not like that. I've never forgotten about my roots here in this state, and I've sought to be your independent voice the whole way. Running for President is really no different at its core. I need your help once more, South Carolina. Will you join me in this campaign and fight for your freedoms?

September 2
With Jim DeMint
-Rally and Fundraiser in Sumter, SC
-Rally and Fundraiser in Spartanburg, SC
-Rally and Fundraiser in Greenville, SC
-Rally and Fundraiser in Charleston, SC
-Rally and Fundraiser in Columbia, SC

I'm joined here on stage by my good friend, Senator DeMint. He and I both agree that conservatism is alive and well in South Carolina and across the country! Unfortunately, our President hasn't been living up to the spirit of the party or of the people who elected him in the first place. There's nothing wrong with deviating from the party platform a little, but President Giuliani hasn't followed some of our basic principles as Republicans, and I know y'all are as concerned about this as Senator DeMint and I are. The ways things are going, I don't think the President speaks for many Republicans, and I want you to know that he's not your only choice in 2008.

September 3
-Meet and Greet in Cheraw, SC
-Meet and Greet in Dillon, SC
-Meet and Greet in Woodruff, SC
-Meet and Greet in Barnwell, SC
-Interviews with local media

September 4
-Town Hall in Indianola, IA
-Town Hall in Altoona, IA
-Town Hall in Grimes, IA
-Town Hall in Perry, IA
-Town Hall in Le Mars, IA

IOWAN: How are you going to get the fiscal situation down in Washington fixed?

SANFORD: That's a good question, I'm glad you asked that. I've made it very clear that I'm a strong fiscal conservative, and anybody who's worked with me or has followed me can attest to that. I've been managing South Carolina for almost five years now and I've worked to keep government in check while also making sure that our people don't suffer. We have a bloated federal government and there are plenty of areas where we can cut or reform. In Congress, I co-sponsored a balanced budget amendment proposal, which I still support. Almost every state has to balance their budgets, so I don't see why Washington should be exempt from that. I also think a line-item veto is a good idea, so that as President you would be able to negate some of the worst parts of a spending bill that came from an out-of-control Congress. We can get rid of our deficit and slash our debt with some common-sense measures, and it will do us all some good when we're done.

September 5
-Meet and Greet in Adel, IA
-Meet and Greet in Hampton, IA
-Meet and Greet in Spirit Lake, IA
-Town Hall in Denison, IA
-Meeting with state Republican legislators in Des Moines, IA

September 6
-Meet and Greet in De Witt, IA
-Meet and Greet in Vinton, IA
-Bus Tour in Fort Dodge, IA
-Bus Tour in Mason City, IA
-Bus Tour in Bettendorf, IA

September 7
With Steve Merrill
-Town Hall in Seabrook, NH
-Town Hall in Conway, NH
-Town Hall in Hollis, NH
-Rally and Fundraiser in Concord, NH
-Rally and Fundraiser in Nashua, NH

New Hampshire, I know you're excited! Some people in the media may write us off, saying that we have no chance at all against a juggernaut like the President. I disagree with that premise, though. Pat Buchanan gave George Bush a good scare in this state back in 1992, even when he was still riding high. What do Rudy Giuliani and George Bush have in common? Conservatives don't trust them like they used to. New Hampshire is the Live Free or Die state, a true beacon of liberty and independence. You won't go for just anybody--they have to earn your support first. I may be from the South, but we have a lot in common. I've stood for limited government and free enterprise from the very beginning, with unwavering support, and many voters are looking for someone who can actually walk the walk on these issues. This will be an uphill battle, sure, but this is one that I relish!

Mark Sanford Endorsements

Sen. Jim DeMint: While I may have decided to not run for President myself, the people need a clear conservative alternative to President Giuliani, and Governor Sanford easily fills that role. He has been a consistent voice for small government and he is uniquely qualified for the job. I am proud to stand with Mark in this campaign.

Former Gov. Steve Merrill: Governor Sanford is a good fit for New Hampshire. He represents the same kinds of values that I've worked to advance when I was Governor some years ago, and he stands out for me as the best candidate. Republicans can't go wrong with nominating Mark Sanford!

FreedomWorks: FreedomWorks is proud to endorse Mark Sanford for President of the United States. Sanford has been consistent in his opposition to raising federal spending and accumulating debt throughout his political career. As Governor of South Carolina, he enacted reforms ranging from taxes to education and has been rated as the nation's most fiscally conservative governor. It is clear that there is no better candidate who will stand up for limited government and individual liberty.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 10:31:14 AM »

Bloomberg, Edwards, and Paul haven't posted schedules yet.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 12:27:54 AM »

TV/Radio Ad: Vision

Hi, I'm Governor Mark Sanford. Many people in Washington talk about making changes, but I've actually done something about it. I've cut spending, reduced debt, and made government more accountable. My state of South Carolina has only prospered in the last few years under those principles. I have a vision for this great country: one where jobs are plentiful, schools meet up to standards, and you and your family can rest easy. Sometimes it's necessary to shake up things to get better results. This election is one of those moments. I approve this message because it's time that Washington works for you again.

Surrogate Schedules

Jim DeMint: Barnstorming and Fundraisers in South Carolina
Steve Merrill: Barnstorming in New Hampshire
FreedomWorks: Ad buys in early primary states
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 06:17:00 PM »

Mark Sanford Press Release

I will participate in as many televised debates as possible. It's important for primary voters to know who their candidates are. I'm calling on President Giuliani to likewise participate in the debates with the other Republicans, as it is essential for him to be part of the dialogue. If the President has built up a solid record, why is he afraid to show up with the rest of us and make his case to the American people?
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 06:21:11 PM »

Also, NHI, you've constantly been misspelling Vilsack's name so far Tongue
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2014, 11:56:12 PM »

Mark Sanford Debate Answers

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I've always prided myself on being an independent voice. I came into Congress as a businessman during the Republican Revolution of 1994 with a clear idea of how government should be managed and changed to once again work for the people. I was called one of the more rebellious Republican members at the time, and I don't deny those charges--I was consistent in my opposition to more taxes, more government spending, and more intrusions in people's lives, and sometimes I clashed with my colleagues for that reason. The same has been true of my governorship. I've led the charge for smaller government and I've irked some fellow Republicans along the way, but they know where I stand and they know I mean what I say.

Even with some conflicts, though, I've shown true leadership in South Carolina. I've spearheaded efforts against pork barrel spending and higher taxes and have succeeded in making the state more accountable to its citizens. Our state has seen growth in many areas over the last few years and our economy should continue to grow into the future. Not only have I been able to articulate a conservative vision, but I've been able to get my agenda done. Good governance is key to building a path to prosperity, and I've had success with implementing many reforms that we Republicans hold dear to our hearts. I stand for limited government and I will continue to fight for it as President just as vigorously as I have been as Governor and in Congress.

For this question, we don't need to look much further than how Ronald Reagan handled his presidency. Reagan had a divided Congress for much of his term, with a Democratic House and Republican Senate. He and Tip O'Neill may not have seen eye to eye on a lot, but they were still able to come to agreements. Even with the polarization, Reagan stood by his conservative principles that we as Republicans embrace and was able to cut taxes, stabilize the economy, and keep our national defense strong. You can make compromises, but stay strong to your principles as a leader, and that's how you get things done. I've done the same in South Carolina: I've stuck to my guns and have brought real changes to state government for the better. This kind of leadership that I have demonstrated is just like what Reagan did, and with the mandate of the American people behind me as President, I will be able to get reforms past Congress even if government becomes divided.

It's absolutely important that we Republicans stay united, no matter who ends up being nominated next year. Even if we may have disagreements on certain issues, I think we can all agree that each of us would be decent candidates against whoever the Democrats and the other parties bring to the table. The general election is looking to be a mess this year, and it's crucial that conservatives aren't divided, or else we may no longer have a Republican president come January 2009. I would stand behind President Giuliani, Speaker Gingrich, or Senator Paul if they're nominated over myself. The key to victory next November is unity, so the nominee must do their best to keep everybody on the same page here.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 04:35:28 PM »

Yep, this round ends at midnight. I'll be getting the rest of my stuff in by then.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 10:43:25 PM »

Mark Sanford Campaign Schedule: September 8-14

September 8
With Bob Vander Plaats
-Town Hall in Boone, IA
-Town Hall in Keokuk, IA
-Town Hall in Decorah, IA
-Town Hall in Creston, IA

REPORTER: You've extended an invitation to President Giuliani to debate you and his other opponents, but he has declined.

SANFORD: Yes, and I think it's pretty disappointing of him to do that. The President is doing a disservice for voters by not sticking his neck out and debating the rest of us in a civil manner. He can say, "Oh, the American people already know where I stand," but a debate would give viewers more of a window into how he thinks about the pressing issues we face. I'll keep pressing him about this in the months ahead, and hopefully he changes his mind soon enough. I'll actually reach across the aisle and debate Governor Dean in a few days, so keep an eye on that too. It should be fun for all of us. *laughs*

September 9
With Bob Vander Plaats
-Town Hall in Clear Lake, IA
-Town Hall in Atlantic, IA
-Town Hall in Anamosa, IA
-Town Hall in Cherokee, IA
-Town Hall in Vinton, IA

September 10
With Bob Vander Plaats
-Meet and Greet in Tipton, IA
-Meet and Greet in Rock Valley, IA
-Meet and Greet in Onawa, IA
-Meet and Greet in Jesup, IA
-Meet and Greet in Fairfax, IA
-Meet and Greet in Missouri Valley, IA

September 11
-Attending 9/11 ceremonial event
-Strategy meeting with campaign advisors

September 12
With Joe Arpaio
-Bus Tour in Marion, IA
-Bus Tour in Dubuque, IA
-Bus Tour in West Des Moines, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Waterloo, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Cedar Rapids, IA

September 13
With Jim DeMint
-Town Hall in Cayce, SC
-Town Hall in Mauldin, SC
-Town Hall in Union, SC
-Town Hall in Gaffney, SC
-Rally and Fundraiser in North Charleston, SC

I don't think we should blindly follow anybody, even if it's our President. People have to earn your respect and trust, and in many ways, President Giuliani has given Republicans reason to be concerned. Giving energy companies subsidies is not what I would call defending the free market--that's more like crony capitalism, where you pick winners and losers. I don't stand for that. The government should get out of the economy, not reach deeper into it. I'm a small-government fiscal conservative who's got the record to prove it, and I have a plan to bring economic prosperity to new heights. We can't get there without your help in this campaign, though.

September 14
With Jim DeMint
-Town Hall in Mullins, SC
-Town Hall in Moncks Corner, SC
-Bus Tour in Hilton Head Island, SC
-Bus Tour in Sumter, SC

Mark Sanford Endorsements

Sheriff Joe Arpaio: Let's face it, President Giuliani has become soft on immigration, one of our nation's most pressing matters. While millions of illegals are pouring in, the President seems to be interested in amensty more than border security. Mark Sanford is talking sense and would solve our border issue. Republicans, go with the man who will stand up for America!

Mr. Bob Vander Plaats: I'm proud to endorse Governor Sanford for the Republican nomination. The Republican Party stands for family values and the traditions that make this country great, but President Giuliani has failed to live up to many of those values that we hold so dear. I know that Governor Sanford is a good Christian man who will fight for our causes, and I encourage all Iowans to lend your support to him in January.

Former Rep. Joe Scarborough: Mark and I served together in Congress for six years, and we actually came in at the same time, too. I got to see firsthand his commitment to conservative values. A President Sanford would be a refreshing face to see in the White House, and Republicans should go for the candidate who's offering substance in what he says.

Americans for Prosperity: We are proud to endorse Mark Sanford for the Republican nomination for President. Sanford has been a principled and steady leader in both Congress and as South Carolina Governor, and no one can deny his conservative record. We will devote great resources to the Sanford campaign over the primary season to ensure that victory comes with getting the nomination.

TV/Radio Ad: Bringing Change

This campaign isn't about me, President Giuliani, or any of the candidates running. It's about you. While we've had successes in some aspects, we're far from being a perfect nation. Many out there are still concerned about keeping their jobs, or about their children's future. There's a long way to go, but I believe in the values that have made this country great from the beginning: freedom, liberty, and justice for all. That's what I'm running on, and I hope you join me in this campaign. I'm Mark Sanford, and I approve this message because it's time to bring leadership to the White House next year.

Surrogate Schedules

Jim DeMint: Rallies and Fundraisers in South Carolina
Steve Merill: Fundraisers in New Hampshire
Bob Vander Plaats: Rallies and Fundraisers in Iowa
Joe Arpaio: Rallies and Fundraisers in Iowa
Joe Scarborough: Fundraisers in New Hampshire and Florida

Americans for Prosperity: Ad buys in early primary states
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2014, 01:11:10 PM »

I think once we get through all of September, jumping to late November would be a good idea. I also agree with badgate that we should post what we did during that interval so you can adjust the polls accordingly once we skip to then.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2014, 02:26:25 PM »

CAn we get national polls, New Hampshire, and Favorables of the candidates?

Could you also do a primary matchup with just Giuliani and Sanford?
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2014, 02:35:54 AM »

Mark Sanford Bipartisan Debate Answers

I'm glad you asked this, because this goes right to the core of what this campaign is all about. When we elected Rudy Giuliani in 2004, we were promised a presidency that would stand for the basic conservative values that the Republican Party embodies. Among these values are fiscal responsibility, limited government, free markets, and preserving liberty. I'm here on this stage and crisscrossing the country because our President has failed to live up to these standards. Unfortunately, I see too many things on his agenda that resemble another big-government liberal's plans, and that sure ain't what I or millions of others intended to vote for last election. People know where I stand, though, and they know that I'm a solid conservative who's always been fighting for the little guy. I believe I offer a stark contrast to President Giuliani and his ambitions.

That's not to say that the President has been doing an abysmal job. We've had worse people in office, for sure. But talk to the average Republican voter and they'll probably tell you how they've been disappointed or frustrated with some of what he's done in office, and is continuing to do. That's what President Giuliani's record is: a disappointment. I'm an alternative with substance. I've managed South Carolina for nearly five years now and I've cut the deficit while also cutting taxes, among other accomplishments. I know how to govern, and as President, I'll work to make America even better.

You know, I actually like Howard an awful lot! *chuckles* He has tenacity, which I admire. He's not afraid to butt heads with other Democrats, as we've seen in this campaign. Politics aside, he's a good guy. I can't imagine that I would vote for him anytime soon, though. We disagree on quite a lot. I may criticize President Giuliani, but I would easily vote for him over Governor Dean. The Governor would be worse in pushing more government into our lives, accelerating spending, and raising taxes on all of us. That's not what I'm looking for in a candidate.

While protecting the environment is important, the EPA has bloated into this beast that has done more harm than good. I would definitely look into scrapping the agency as it is, and at the very least, there needs to be serious reforms to limit its powers. I've fought against the EPA for years. As Governor, I've joined with other governors to tell Washington to stop the excessive regulation that's hurting industries and people's livelihoods. We can keep our environment clean without killing so many jobs. We need more market-based solutions for the environment, just as we need them for energy. This is something I'll actively work towards as President, and once it takes off, we'll all be so much better for it.

Education is a top priority of mine, and it's an issue I have experience in. I've pushed reforms in my state of South Carolina to offer more choice and push accountability in the school system. I've made it clear in the past that I believe vouchers are the way to go for expanding opportunities to students. Along with public and private schools, I would fight to give parents who wish to homeschool their children more flexibility. I also agree with Governor Dean that No Child Left Behind is a deeply flawed law that neglects students' natural differences in talents, so I would work to repeal it. The less that the federal government is involved and the more that the school district and the parents are, the better. We give more and more funding to the Department of Education with no results to show, and it's about time that it be abolished, as it's clearly been a failure. Our standards in education have been declining, but I think we could work to turn it around and have our students be the best in all areas once more.

Framing it like this, I suppose I would rate myself as a 7 or a 8. My general mindset is that the less government interference we have, the better. I see a federal government that has its arms wrapped around the economy, and it doesn't even know that it's strangling it. There are plenty of areas where we can cut back in government, and the free market has proven to be the best economic system in mankind's history. We can count on entrepreneurs and innovators to do what government cannot and put us on a path to prosperity for the future. Now, I'm not an anarchist--I've never believed that we should scrap the whole system and let everyone go wild. What I'm arguing for is a modest, limited government that doesn't overtax and overspend. Both Democrats and Republicans have been guilty of making this fiscal mess we're in, and what we need is someone in the White House who has a vision and who can lead so we put ourselves back on track again.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2014, 05:57:04 PM »

Could we get one more day on this?
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2014, 10:42:29 PM »

Ugh, I had less free time than expected because of school stuff. This one is short, but I'll be sure to make next week one to remember.

Mark Sanford Campaign Schedule: September 15-21

I feel the excitement rumbling in the air, Iowa! Y'all are ready to bring some real change down in Washington for once! The President may be throwing everything he can at us now, but we shouldn't let that get in our way. This campaign has the vision and the enthusiasm. How many conservatives do you know who are excited about reelecting President Giuliani? Not many, I bet. We must move forward, keep this campaign's momentum going, and finally win these primaries!

September 15
-Meet and Greet in Waukon, IA
-Meet and Greet in Robins, IA
-Meet and Greet in Tipton, IA
-Meet and Greet in Sibley, IA
-Meet and Greet in Eldora, IA

September 16
-Meet and Greet in Belle Plaine, IA
-Meet and Greet in New Hampton, IA
-Meet and Greet in Williamsburg, IA
-Meet and Greet in Britt, IA
-Candidate Forum with Gov. Howard Dean

September 17
-Meet and Greet in Harlan, IA
-Meet and Greet in Asbury, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in West Des Moines, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Davenport, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Des Moines, IA

September 18
-Town Hall in Hanahan, SC
-Town Hall in Irmo, SC
-Town Hall in Dillon, SC
-Town Hall in Cayce, SC

September 19
-Meet and Greet in Canaan, NH
-Meet and Greet in Haverhill, NH
-Meet and Greet in Wakefield, NH
-Meet and Greet in Hopkinton, NH

September 20
-Meet and Greet in Boscawen, NH
-Meet and Greet in Gorham, NH
-Town Hall in Newmarket, NH
-Town Hall in Hampstead, NH
-Town Hall in Pelham, NH

September 21
-Town Hall in Lebanon, NH
-Bus Tour in Salem, NH
-Bus Tour in Rochester, NH
-Bus Tour in Derry, NH
-Rally and Fundraiser in Manchester, NH

Surrogate Schedules

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2014, 11:03:29 PM »

Okay, I took a badly needed nap and I underestimated how much time I was out. NHI, could you do the update in the morning? It will take just another hour or two to pump everything out.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2014, 11:16:59 PM »

That's true. I don't think he would mind anyway, so I'll just get everything done before I go to bed tonight.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2014, 12:11:05 AM »
« Edited: September 22, 2014, 12:58:22 AM by Spiral »

Mark Sanford Campaign Schedule: September 22-30

Some would say that the President is unstoppable, and that his campaign strategy is leaving him strong against his competitors. I disagree. While he may be going on the offense now, there are plenty of Republican voters I talk to who say that their concerns are still there with President Giuliani, and I don't blame them. Folks, we don't have to stick with the President if we don't want to. Iowa is closer than we think, and that will be our first big test. Our campaign has only been surging here, and soon enough, we'll be right up there with the President and poised for a victory. And we won't just win Iowa, either: the nomination will be ours! We can do this together, my friends, so let's make this count!

September 22
-Bus Tour in Marion, IA
-Bus Tour in Dubuque, IA
-Bus Tour in West Des Moines, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Waterloo, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Cedar Rapids, IA

September 23
-Town Hall in Indianola, IA
-Town Hall in Altoona, IA
-Town Hall in Grimes, IA
-Town Hall in Perry, IA
-Town Hall in Le Mars, IA

It's clear that we can do more to help out business and grow our economy. We still have too many burdensome regulations in place, and while politicians in Washington may mean well when they add them, the outcomes are obvious. They especially hurt small businesses, who run a tight schedule and don't have much to spare. I've talked with many small business owners as Governor and during this campaign who have told me, "You know, the economy has been doing okay, but times are still tough over here." We must cut taxes and eliminate the red tape that businesses face, and I guarantee you that we'll have a stronger and more vibrant economy because of it. This is what I've tried to do in South Carolina, and now I'm ready to take it to the next step and work from the White House.

September 24
-Meet and Greet in De Witt, IA
-Meet and Greet in Vinton, IA
-Bus Tour in Fort Dodge, IA
-Bus Tour in Mason City, IA
-Bus Tour in Bettendorf, IA

September 25
-Rally and Fundraiser in Sumter, SC
-Rally and Fundraiser in Spartanburg, SC
-Rally and Fundraiser in Columbia, SC

September 26
-Gubernatorial duties

September 27
-Gubernatorial duties

September 28
-Strategy meeting with campaign advisors in Charleston, SC

September 29
-Town Hall in Kingston, NH
-Town Hall in Newport, NH
-Town Hall in Gilford, NH
-Town Hall in Hollis, NH
-Town Hall in Pembroke, NH

Y'all, there's something wrong here. The President and his team are spending millions of dollars attacking me through the airwaves, calling me incompetent and ineffective at governing, and yet the President himself refuses to share the same stage as me and say all of this to my face? I don't know about you, but that doesn't sit well for me. I've said it before and I'll say it again: if President Giuliani really wants to earn the trust of Republicans again and cruise to this nomination like he wants, then he ought to first prove himself by debating Speaker Gingrich and I. The voters will make their decision once it comes time to vote, but it's important that we as Republicans actually debate the issues to each other first so that they know what kind of candidate they're looking for.

September 30
-Town Hall in Cold Springs, NV
-Town Hall in Dayton, NV
-Town Hall in Boulder City, NV
-Rally and Fundraiser in Paradise, NV
-Rally and Fundraiser in Reno, NV

TV/Radio Ads

The following ads have been created by the Sanford campaign in past weeks and are being given more airtime:

"This campaign isn't about me, President Giuliani, or any of the candidates running. It's about you. While we've had successes in some aspects, we're far from being a perfect nation. Many out there are still concerned about keeping their jobs, or about their children's future. There's a long way to go, but I believe in the values that have made this country great from the beginning: freedom, liberty, and justice for all. That's what I'm running on, and I hope you join me in this campaign. I'm Mark Sanford, and I approve this message because it's time to bring leadership to the White House next year."

"Hi, I'm Governor Mark Sanford. Many people in Washington talk about making changes, but I've actually done something about it. I've cut spending, reduced debt, and made government more accountable. My state of South Carolina has only prospered in the last few years under those principles. I have a vision for this great country: one where jobs are plentiful, schools meet up to standards, and you and your family can rest easy. Sometimes it's necessary to shake up things to get better results. This election is one of those moments. I approve this message because it's time that Washington works for you again."

Surrogate Schedules

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2014, 12:36:47 AM »

Mark Sanford Press Release

I thank Speaker Gingrich for his endorsement. Together, we will work to uphold conservative values and win the Republican primary, followed by a victory next November to the White House.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2014, 07:49:46 PM »

Mark Sanford Campaign Schedule

Week 1
Mark Sanford spent the week barnstorming the states of Iowa, New Hampshire, and Nevada. Sanford organized town halls with voters across these states, did door-to-door campaigning in neighborhoods, and met with local conservative organizations for their support. A publicized joint press conference was held by Governor Sanford and Newt Gingrich, who urged Republicans in opposition to President Giuliani to unite.

Week 2
This week saw Sanford tour his home state of South Carolina. After attending to some gubernatorial duties, Sanford met with locals and attempted to sway undecided voters. Besides town halls and meet and greet sessions, several large fundraisers were also held, with the biggest staged in the Charleston area, where Sanford resides. The Governor also conducted several interviews with local TV stations, and he rallied Republican state legislators around his campaign to bolster his standing in the polls and to have better organizational strength.

Week 3
Mark Sanford spent time in Iowa and Florida, focusing on getting support from evangelicals concerned with President Giuliani's stances on social issues. Common themes included in Sanford's stump speeches during this week included his strong opposition to abortion, the role that faith plays in his life, and the importance of family. Sanford has had success appealing to social conservatives and his numbers have been increasing in these states. Surrogates such as Bob Vander Plaats on the campaign trail have reinforced Sanford's convictions.

Week 4
The Sanford campaign rolled out a new and improved website, giving users greater accessibility and providing thorough information about where/how to vote in the upcoming primaries. Sanford's platform was also further elaborated upon with the unveiling of detailed proposals for energy independence and balancing the budget. The Governor spent some time with the media, giving interviews for shows such as Meet the Press and The O'Reilly Factor. In the midst of all of this, Sanford held rallies and fundraisers in Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina.

Week 5
More campaign offices have opened up in the states of Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Florida, and Nevada. This is part of a new push to build up organizational strength in all of the early primary states and to remain competitive with the President in multiple primaries. Sanford has been up close and personal with voters, shaking hands and having conversations in Iowa and South Carolina to build trust. While Sanford has been low-key this week, his surrogates have taken to the airwaves and have thrown red meat at Republicans by blasting President Giuliani. "The President thinks that he can avoid his problems by refusing to debate his challengers, but conservatives are wising up!" former House Majority Leader Dick Armey boasted in a Fox News appearance.

Week 6
This week saw Mark Sanford hold roundtable discussions with multiple interest groups, representing business, pro-life, and veterans' affairs. These events were open to the press and Sanford remarked later on in the week that "we've had good, productive talks." This week also saw Sanford embark on a tour of the South, where support for his campaign has been stronger than in other areas of the country. Notable stops included Alabama, where Sanford held a speech on family values, and Texas, where he spoke of stopping illegal immigration cold.

Week 7
Fundraising efforts have been on the rise in an attempt to bolster momentum for the campaign in the closing months before the first primaries. Massive amounts have been put into advertising for November and December, highlighting Governor Sanford's record as a solid conservative and as an effective leader. Extensive profiles of Sanford were released this week by TIME and Newsweek, giving the candidate more attention in the media. For Sanford's part, he was connecting with grassroots organizations in the early primary states in an effort to maximize turnout among voters.

Week 8
Governor Sanford organized rallies and town halls in Iowa, South Carolina, and Wyoming this week. He was joined by prominent surrogates such as Jim DeMint, Steve King, and Joe Arpaio along the way, who vouched for his conservative credentials to voters. The Governor touched on familiar issues during his stump speeches, and also repeated his calls toward President Giuliani for a debate together. Sanford also arranged some new TV interviews in order to increase visibility, appearing on The Today Show, The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer, and Hannity & Colmes.

Notable Sanford endorsements announced during the eight-week period:

Fred Thompson
Dick Armey
Steve King
Jack Kemp
Club for Growth
Americans for Tax Reform
Republican Liberty Caucus
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2014, 03:38:19 AM »

Mark Sanford Campaign Schedule: November 25-December 1

Mark Sanford spent the week down in Iowa, getting to know voters through meet and greets and town halls. In addition, some rallies and fundraisers were held in the big cities in order to increase attention and raise more money. Sanford made sure to be throughout the state, spending particular time staying in rural country this week. Some new ads were released, highlighting Sanford's leadership qualities and convictions and criticizing President Giuliani for his record in office.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2014, 10:35:21 PM »

I'll have my stuff up in the next hour or two
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina