2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:18:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: 2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread  (Read 78115 times)
badgate
Junior Chimp

« on: August 29, 2014, 09:35:06 PM »

badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 01:23:44 AM »
« Edited: September 02, 2014, 12:34:01 AM by badgate »

Lincoln hires staff

Campaign Manager: Karin Johanson
Communications/Press: Jay Carney
Iowa Field Director: John Frew
New Hampshire Field Director: Mike Vlacich
South Carolina Field Director: Andrew Whalen
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 02:23:01 AM »
« Edited: September 02, 2014, 12:34:33 AM by badgate »

Lincoln Campaign Schedule
Campaign Manager: Karin Johanson
Communications/Press: Jay Carney
Iowa Field Director: John Frew
New Hampshire Field Director: Mike Vlacich
South Carolina Field Director: Andrew Whalen

June 26, 2007 Alabama
-10:00am - Lincoln announces resignation from Gates Foundation, hints at exploratory committee.

July 4, 2007 Arkansas
-11:00am - Announcing presidential campaign in Little Rock
-3:00pm - Presser outside Local 155 Union Hall
-7:00pm - enjoying fireworks with family and friends

September 1, 2007 Texas
-10:00am - Speaking at Ann Richards breakfast sponsored by Planned Parenthood in Austin

"Friends. It is with great honor that I join you today to mark the 74th birthday of the great Ann Richards. Ann's daughter Cecile is here. Cecile, I met your mother many times over the years. You know more well than I what a great and powerful woman she was.

Thank you as well to Planned Parenthood, who made the wise decision to hire Cecile as your president las year, thank you for the invitation to speak to you at this morning's breakfast.

You know, on the way here, Karin Johanson and I were throwing around the brilliant quips and quotes Ann made over the years. And the one that stuck with me during the opening prayer, was this: "I've been tested by fire, and the fire lost." Boy did it ever lose when the fire tried to take on Ann Richards.

I want to thank many of you, who reached out to me in the last year encouraging me to run for President. I'll be honest, it was never an ambition of mine. When Joe Biden asked me to be on the ticket four years ago, I kept pushing back the decision. We had to announce late because I knew if I did it it would be on my terms, in service and in duty. And so when many of you encouraged me to run, I turned to God. I've prayed on this choice, and you and the Lord have called on me to serve the country in this way. I accept that duty with faith and courage we will find our way.

Make no mistake: the road ahead will be hard. It will be rocky and rough and we will face obstacles that men, even Joe Biden, never faced in a campaign for President. But I was there four years ago. I've fought fire too. And I came out alive.
-5:00pm - Fly to Iowa

September 2, 2007 Iowa
-9:30am - Briefing with Iowa Field Director John Frew at Davenport field office
-11:00am - Meet & Greet at crowded diner in Davenport
-3:00pm - Speaking at Davenport Democrats luncheon

September 3, 2007 Iowa
-12:00pm - Town Hall in Muscatine
-2:50pm - Meet & Greet in Muscatine
-7:00pm - Speech to Wapello Dems in Wapello

September 4, 2007 Iowa
-11:00am - Speech on gay rights at Stonewall Dems in Des Moines
POLICY ANNOUNCEMENT: "I will support the repeal of the Defense of Marriage Act."

-2:30pm - Meet & Greet at Greater Democratic Women of Des Moines
-8:00pm - Interview on Des Moines evening news

September 5, 2007 Iowa
-9:00am - Meet & Greet in Cedar Rapids
-1:00pm - Town Hall in Cedar Rapids
-5:00pm - Town Hall in Iowa City
-7:45pm - Interview on Iowa City evening news

September 6, 2007 Iowa
-10:00am - Strategy meeting w/ senior staff at Des Moines field office
-1:00pm - Lunch with Family in Des Moines
-3:00pm - Rest/time with family
-8:45pm - Flight to Arkansas

September 7, 2007 Arkansas
-10:00am - Filming first TV ad at Little Rock Film Studios
-5:00pm - Speech to VFW in Pine Bluff
-7:30pm - Rubber Chicken fundraiser in Pine Bluff
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 11:00:27 PM »

Lincoln Endorsements, I

National Organization of Women; NOW

Rep. James Clyburn, SC-6

Planned Parenthood

Sen. Joe Biden, DE
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 11:43:21 PM »
« Edited: September 02, 2014, 12:05:12 AM by badgate »

GOTV & Talking Points

GOTV

The campaign has raised enough to hire Field Directors for the first three primary states. John Frew managed the Senatorial campaigns of Sen. Tom Harkin in 1984, 1990, and 2002. In New Hampshire we have hired Mike Vlacich, who managed the successful campaign of New Hampshire Gov. John Lynch and his successful re-election campaign in 2006. And finally in South Carolina we have hired Andrew Whalen. Mr. Whalen was Deputy Campaign Manager & Communications Director for Rep. Heath Shuler in his 2006 campaign for North Carolina's 11th congressional district, and has served as Communications Director for the House of Representatives office until taking a job on the Lincoln campaign.

The campaign has also raised enough to film its first television ad on Sept. 7th. In addition, we have purchased the records from Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina's Secretaries of State of the voter rolls from the three previous Democratic primaries/caucus. The purpose of the field operation at this early stage will be to reach as many of these people as possible, in multiple ways including telephone, canvass, and e-mail, and leave them with Blanche's record and platform.

The campaign has also formed an affinity group, Women for Blanche, where women in communities will come together to phone bank exclusively to women voters about the issues and Blanche's record and platform. An announcement in New Hampshire is planned for September 9th.

Talking Points

Blanche Lincoln has worked tirelessly for our children. As head of the Gates Foundation, Blanche put modern computers and information technology in thousands of classrooms and secured funding for school repairs and maintenance in exactly 489 school districts nationwide.

Blanche is a proud mother. She has been endorsed by the National Organization for Women, and will be a constant advocate for working mothers like herself who care about their community.

As President, Blanche Lincoln fight for union households and worker's rights. President Giuliani promised to raise the minimum wage, but when America called him to action, he bailed. Blanche has always been an advocate for not a minimum wage but a livable wage. And she strongly supports the right to assemble and collectively bargain with their employers.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 11:54:47 PM »

The campaign has raised enough to hire Field Directors for the first three primary states. Craig Varoga previously managed the gubernatorial campaigns of Gov. Tom Vilsack, who is currently running for President as well. In New Hampshire we have hired Mike Vlacich, who managed the successful campaign of New Hampshire Gov. John Lynch and his successful re-election campaign in 2006. And finally in South Carolina we have hired Andrew Whalen. Mr. Whalen was Deputy Campaign Manager & Communications Director for Rep. Heath Shuler in his 2006 campaign for North Carolina's 11th congressional district, and has served as Communications Director for the House of Representatives office until taking a job on the Lincoln campaign.

Sorry, badgate, I took Craig Varoga as my campaign manager at the start of the game, xD

OOC: Obviously he resigned after a few weeks for Lincoln.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 01:11:37 AM »

Radio Ad: 2008

LINCOLN: This is a year for change. I'm Blanche Lincoln, former CEO of the Gates Foundation, and candidate for President. At the Gates Foundation I worked to put thousands of new computers and information technology in the hands of underprivileged students. When I served Arkansas in the United States Senate, I was a tireless fighter for my neighbors of all political stripes, and fiercely defended the rights of workers while fighting to raise the minimum wage. When you go to caucus this January, remember this: I'm Blanche Lincoln, and I'll never sell you out or for a donation. I'll never betray my values for a vote. And you'd better believe I approved this message.

badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2014, 01:44:03 AM »

/
JOINT PUBLIC STATEMENT TO MEDIA

There are many faithful advocates to women's rights in the Democratic primary. After many impressive conversations, and careful consideration, we are proud to endorse former Gates Foundation CEO and Vice Presidential candidate Blanche Lincoln. We believe without a doubt that Mrs. Lincoln is the only candidate-man or woman-in this primary who can truly relate to the simple but important needs of all women, regardless of race, marital status, or economic background.

Friends,

You supported me four years ago because you believe in the promise of an America that works for everyone. Well here we are, and we need to make this one count. Only the top percent can survive another four years of Rudy Giuliani.

In 2008, we will elect the first woman president, a great and powerful woman named Blanche Lincoln. Blanche inspired us all with her campaign for Vice President in 2004. Every day I learned new things from her, and ended that campaign a better person having known Blanche Lincoln.

I want America to have that same opportunity. To know a woman who really cares and will always fight for you when others forget you and sell out. With your help we will make America know who to vote for in the coming primary, and in November 2008.

So give what you can - what you feel in your heart is enough to help us get the word about about Blanche Lincoln. God bless you and your families.

Sincerely,

--Sent to all donors and e-mail subscribers of Biden for America--

Statement from Lincoln campaign

Next week Senator Lincoln will publicly accept the endorsements of Sen. Joe Biden and Rep. James Clyburn at rallies in New Hampshire and South Carolina, respectively.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 08:30:54 PM »

OOC: Edwards was leading in South Carolina; may we get a new poll of that primary?
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2014, 02:53:19 AM »

Lincoln Endorsements, II

"There is only one candidate who is truly invested, truly capable of succeeding in the task of social and economic advancement of African Americans, at that is Blanche Lincoln. I am proud to be supporting her in the Maryland primary." - NAACP Chairman Julian Bond announcing the NAACP's endorsement of Lincoln.

"My fellow Carolinians, join me in supporting Blanche Lincoln in the Democratic primary!" - former North Carolina Senator John Edwards

Kentucky Sen. Daniel Mongiardo

American Federation of Teachers

"President Giuliani has failed to build consensus or do much of anything he promised in 2004. America is in search of a true leader and in Blanche Lincoln we have that fierce leader." - West Virginia Gov. Joe Manchin
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2014, 02:16:29 AM »
« Edited: September 08, 2014, 12:55:04 AM by badgate »

September 7, 2008 New Hampshire
-10:00am - Town Hall in Groveton
-1:00pm - Town Hall in Lancaster
-3:30pm - Town Hall in Gorham
-6:00pm - Rally in Berlin

September 8, 2008 New Hampshire
-11:00am - Rally in Manchester, w/ Sen. Joe Biden Sen. Joe Biden endorses Blanche Lincoln for President
-2:00pm - Barnstorm in Concord, w/ Sen. Biden
-5:00pm - Rally in Rochester, w/ Sen. Biden
-7:30pm - Town Hall in Somersworth, w/ Sen. Biden

September 9, 2008 New York
-10:00am-4:00pm - Family time in New York City
-6:00pm - Speaking at the American Federation of Teachers annual dinner in New York City, Receiving official endorsement by the American Federation of Teachers for President
-11:00pm - Evening fundraiser at Richards Rogers Theatre, hosted by Nederlander family

September 10, 2008 New York, New Hampshire
-Morning - Filming interview with Larry King
-Afternoon - Travel to New Hampshire
-Evening - Democratic debate in New Hampshire
-Overnight - Travel to New York

September 11, 2008 New York
-Morning - Family time in New York City
-Afternoon - Attending memorial service at Ground Zero in New York City
-Evening - Flying to South Carolina

September 12, 2008 South Carolina
-10:45am - Meet & Greet in Sumter, w/ Rep. Clyburn
-12:00pm - Rally in Florence, w/ Rep. Clyburn Rep. James Clyburn endorses Blanche Lincoln for President
-2:45pm - Town Hall in Lake City, w/ Rep. Clyburn
-4:30pm - Meet & Greet in Kingstree, w/ Rep. Clyburn
-6:45pm - Meet & Greet in Manning, w/ Rep. Clyburn
-10:45pm - Attending evening fundraiser in Charlotte, hosted by NAACP, NAACP Chair Julian Bond, & Rep. Clyburn

September 13, 2008 South Carolina
-9:45am - Press Conference in Charleston, w/ NAACP Chair Julian Bond NAACP Chair, on behalf of organization, endorses Blanche Lincoln for President
-11:30am - Rally in North Charleston, w/ Rep. Clyburn & Julian Bond. Rep. James Clyburn endorses Blanche Lincoln for President
-1:30pm - Town Hall in Goose Creek
-4:00pm - Meet & Greet in Summerville
-7:00pm - Meet & Greet in Hilton Head
-9:45pm - Attending evening fundraiser on Hilton Head Island, hosted by NAACP, Julian Bond & Rep. Clyburn

September 14, 2008 South Carolina
-10:00am - Press Conference in Columbia, announcing 5-point anti-poverty agenda
-12:30pm - Rally in Columbia, w/ former Sen. John Edwards Frmr. Sen. John Edwards endorses Blanche Lincoln for President
-3:30pm - Town Hall in Rock Hill, w/ Sen. John Edwards
-7:00pm - Rally in Greenville, w/ Sen. John Edwards

Blanche Lincoln for President - 5-Point Anti-Poverty Plan
• Expand the Earned Income Tax Credit
• Raise the Minimum Wage
• A national grant program for schools to hire more counselors in low-income districts to give those students more personal and consistent attention
• Implement a two-year payroll tax holiday during the months of January, June, July, and December
• Restrict country clubs from filing taxes as parks, and use the savings to help the Department of Education create a grant program for updating a school's information technology
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2014, 02:55:50 AM »

To Senator Lincoln: Senator, you were on the ballot as the Vice Presidential candidate four years ago with Senator Joe Biden and the ticket didn't prevail, what makes you the right candidate this time, despite losing four years ago?

"What makes me the right choice is that I am a fighter and an advocate for schoolchildren in underprivileged districts, a defender of all women's rights to privacy and choice, and committed to ending poverty. That is why in 2004 I accepted a spot on a historic ticket with a man that will go down as one of the best losers in Presidential election history.

I was there four years ago when enough voters favored the Kucinich ticket to lose us states that the party establishment has taken for granted: Vermont, Washington, Connecticut, New Jersey. I won't make that mistake because it is of paramount importance to the course of our nation that the Presidency of Rudy Giuliani is ended in 2008."

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

"My priorities for the first 100 days will be my 5-point agenda to end poverty. This agenda looks to the current workforce and the future workforce in equal measure, improving pay and working conditions for adults and addressing pressing public school needs to ensure that low-income school districts don't leave their students behind. We will raise the minimum wage, and expand the earned income tax credit. We will help schools update information technology and increase the number of counselors in low-income school districts to ensure that these children do not fall through the cracks. And finally, I will end Giuliani's 1-percenter tax cuts and implement a payroll tax cut for incomes under $200,000, for the months of January, June, July, and December.

Tonight, I want to call for this party to unite quickly and not lose itself in bickering and infighting. Together we can do so much, and so much good, but not if we become a shattered relic of the party of American heroes like Franklin Roosevelt and John F. Kennedy. It is my hope the someday soon the Democratic party will have its own 'President Lincoln.'"

"America was ready when they elected Hillary in 1992. (laughter) Kidding aside, this is an absurd question. Can we leave the punditry to the people who make their shekels on arguing on TV? What belongs on this stage is a discussion of the pressing needs and solutions for hardworking Americans."

"The increase of undocumented Americans indicates two things: So many people want to join us and pursue the American dream for their family, and that our legal immigration system is not working. It is the unique American promise that brings us to action and inspires people around the world to make a home in the world's greatest democracy. The solution is to address those issues head on, approaching the symptoms at multiple sources.

I want the American dream to be accessible for everyone. We are seeing in 2008 the emergence of a young and diverse electorate, not just diverse but proud of their diversity. I'm proud of America's diversity too. Because it says to the world that after the Axis of Powers and the Cold War, today remains a nation whose citizens are truly free, where all are welcome and we all share an American dream."

"I'm in this race for the principles I have stood for my entire life. The principles that guided me as a fighter for the people of Arkansas. If the eventual nominee is not me, and they are not committed to those same principles of a path out of poverty, equality, and transparent government, I can't support them.

However, as I said earlier in the debate, I was there four years ago when the Kucinich ticket took shares of the vote that would have handed electoral victory to Senator Biden. It was Kucinich's rightful choice to run and those voters' rightful choice to give him their vote, but I can state here and now that I will not run nor will I endorse a third party candidate."
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2014, 12:06:11 AM »

TV Ad: 2008

LINCOLN: This is a year for change. I'm Blanche Lincoln, former CEO of the Gates Foundation, and candidate for President. At the Gates Foundation I worked to put thousands of new computers and information technology in the hands of underprivileged students.

LINCOLN: When I served Arkansas in the United States Senate, I was a tireless fighter for my neighbors of all political stripes, and fiercely defended the rights of workers while fighting to raise the minimum wage. When you go to caucus this January, remember this: I'm Blanche Lincoln, and I'll never sell you out or for a donation. I'll never betray my values for a vote. And you'd better believe I approved this message.

badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2014, 02:10:44 AM »

GOTV & Talking Points

GOTV

Iowa Field Director John Frew has assembled three field organizers. In October the first volunteer events of the campaign will be held. We have opened field offices in Cedar Rapids, Des Moines, and Siuox Falls. In New Hampshire, Mlke Vlacich has hired two field organizers whose regions are split by congressional district. The first volunteer events will be held in the second week of October. And finally in South Carolina, Andrew Whalen has assembled a team of four field organizers to mobilize the primary electorate. Field offices have yet to be rented or opened but there will be volunteer events beginning in the third week of October.

Thanks to the fundraising power of Sen. Biden, Planned Parenthood, NOW, the American Federation of Teachers, the NAACP, and former Sen. John Edwards, we are able to be up with television ads in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Nevada. However to preserve resources we will focus ad buys until July on the states that Sen. Lincoln is visiting, as a way to boost her public appearances and free media in the state.

Talking Points

Blanche Lincoln has worked tirelessly for our children. As head of the Gates Foundation, Blanche put modern computers and information technology in thousands of classrooms and secured funding for school repairs and maintenance in exactly 489 school districts nationwide.

Blanche is a proud mother. She has been endorsed by the National Organization for Women, and will be a constant advocate for working mothers like herself who care about their community.

As President, Blanche Lincoln fight for union households and worker's rights. President Giuliani promised to raise the minimum wage, but when America called him to action, he bailed. Blanche has always been an advocate for not a minimum wage but a livable wage. And she strongly supports the right to assemble and collectively bargain with their employers.

Blanche Lincoln's Anti-Poverty agenda will bring millions of hardworking Americans out of poverty and lay the foundation for the next generation to get ahead in the pursuit of the American dream.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2014, 01:07:17 PM »

OOC: I'm fine with a time jump but would want to post something brief describing what went on during the interval.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2014, 10:46:04 PM »

Lincoln Campaign Press Release

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

We are releasing the results of an internal campaign poll, conducted from Sept. 2-7 by phone. With a sample of 1,100 registered voters, and a + or - of 3.75 Margin of Error, we found that Senator Lincoln would lead South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford by +1 , 45% to 44% in a head-to-head national race, matching New York Senator Hillary Clinton's lead over Sanford in a recently released poll.

This is a crowded primary and it should be. There won't be a coronation after the first three contests. And that's the way it should be. Democratic voters deserve choices and Senator Lincoln is prepared to produce a platform that will unite this party to win the hearts and minds of American voters over whomever is the Republican nominee in November.

Sen. Blanche Lincoln - 45% +1
Gov. Mark Sanford - 44%
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2014, 10:58:58 PM »
« Edited: September 12, 2014, 11:33:07 PM by badgate »

Lincoln Endorsements, III

Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-CA)

Gov. Jodi Rell (R-CT)

Gov. John Baldacci (D-ME)

Rep. Debbie Wasserman-Schultz (D-FL)

Gov. Brian Schweitzer (D-MT)

Statement from Lincoln Campaign

On the heels of a new poll showing that Senator Lincoln would lead South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford in a national race, Blanche has racked up five powerful and bi-partisan endorsements. Democratic and Republican women continue to rally around the Senator's platform of equal and fair pay, raising the minimum wage, and protecting and increasing access to women's health care.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2014, 01:19:54 AM »
« Edited: September 13, 2014, 01:32:26 AM by badgate »

Lincoln Camp Releases Regional Map

Light Green - Pacific: Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-CA) is Chairman
Medium Green - Rust: Gov. Joe Manchin III (D-WV) is Chairman
Dark Green - Midwest: TBA
Light Blue - South West: TBA
Medium Blue - Mountain West: Gov. Brian Schweitzer (D-MT) is Chairman
Dark Blue - South: TBA
Maroon - Florida: Rep. Debbie Wasserman-Schultz (D-FL) is Chairman
Medium Red - Atlantic: Sen. Joe Biden (D-DE) is Chairman
Dark Red - Carolina: Sen. John Edwards (D-NC) is Chairman
Pink - New England: Gov. Jodi Rell (R-CT) & Gov. John Baldacci (D-ME) are Co-Chairmen

September 15, 2007 Iowa
-10:45am - Speech at the opening of Davenport field office
-11:00am - Thanking attendees at Davenport field office opening
-1:00pm - Meet & Greet in Muscatine
-3:15pm - Meet & Greet in West Liberty
-6:00pm - Speech at the opening of Iowa City field office
-6:15pm - Thanking attendees at Iowa City field office opening
-7:30pm - Live press conference at Iowa City field office

September 16, 2007 Florida
-6:00-9:45am - Fly from Iowa City, IA to Jacksonville, FL
-11:00am - First official campaign event in Florida: Rally in Jacksonville, announcing higher ed plan
-1:30pm - Meet & Greet in Lake City
-3:30pm - Meet & Greet in Alachua
-5:25pm - Press Conference in Gainesville on new higher ed plan

September 17, 2007 Florida
-11:00am - Florida State University first in a series of forums with candidates in Tallahassee
-1:15pm - Town Hall in Crawfordville
-5:00pm - Meet & Greet in Lynn Haven
-7:45pm - Rally in Panama City

September 18, 2007 Florida & South Carolina
-10:00am - Meet & Greet in Dania Beach, w/ Rep. Debbie Wasserman-Schutlz
-12:30pm - Rally in Fort Lauderdale, w/ Rep. Wasserman-Schultz Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz endorses Blanche Lincoln for President
-2:20-5:50pm - Fly to Charleston SC
-6:30pm - Speech at North Charleston Field Office Opening Party
-8:00pm - Live press conference with Charleston news at Field Office Opening

September 19, 2007 South Carolina
-7:00-9:10am - Travel to Columbia
-10:00am - Meet & Greet with office opening volunteers in Columbia
-11:00am - Speech at Columbia Field Office opening party
-1:00pm - Barnstorm in Denvtsville
-4:00pm - Town Hall in Lexington
-6:30pm - Rest in Columbia

September 20, 2007 South Carolina
-10:15am - Meet & Greet in Sumter
-12:10pm - Rally in Florence
-2:45pm - Barnstorm in Conway
-5:30pm - Meet & Greet on boardwalk in Myrtle Beach
-8:00pm - Fundraiser in Myrtle Beach
-11:45pm - Fly to Iowa

September 21, 2007 Iowa
-10:35am - Meet & Greet in Red Oak
-1:30pm - Barnstorm in Council Bluffs
-4:40pm - Meet & Greet in Atlantic
-7:00pm - Meet & Greet in Creston
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2014, 01:35:44 AM »

TV Ad: 2008

LINCOLN: This is a year for change. I'm Blanche Lincoln, former CEO of the Gates Foundation, and candidate for President. At the Gates Foundation I worked to put thousands of new computers and information technology in the hands of underprivileged students.

LINCOLN: When I served Arkansas in the United States Senate, I was a tireless fighter for my neighbors of all political stripes, and fiercely defended the rights of workers while fighting to raise the minimum wage. When you go to caucus this January, remember this: I'm Blanche Lincoln, and I'll never sell you out or for a donation. I'll never betray my values for a vote. And you'd better believe I approved this message.

badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2014, 10:10:31 PM »

OOC: fine.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2014, 12:48:46 PM »

GOTV & Talking Points

GOTV

The campaign has expanded its field operation this week. In Iowa, we now have field offices in Cedar Rapids, Des Moines, Siuox Falls, Davenport, and Iowa City. In South Carolina, there are now field offices in North Charleston and Columbia. The office openings have recruited over 1,000 enthusiastic volunteers in the two states and there are currently 665 scheduled volunteer shifts for the first week of volunteer events beginning on Oct. 1. This is truly a grassroots strategy we are relying on, and it will lead to success when the caucusing and voting begins.

Our new ad
2008 has mirrored Sen. Lincoln's schedule of Iowa, Florida, and South Carolina in the last ad cycle.

Talking Points

Blanche Lincoln's Anti-Poverty agenda will bring millions of hardworking Americans out of poverty and lay the foundation for the next generation to get ahead in the pursuit of the American dream.

Blanche Lincoln has a comprehensive plan to help the rising costs of college be curbed for our parents and students who work so hard to get that education. Student Loans will no longer shackle the economic future of college grads, and expenses from tuition to textbooks to transportation to and from out of state colleges will be reduced thanks to the progressive policies of the Lincoln plan.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2014, 10:45:40 PM »

Surrogates

People:
Rep. James Clyburn (D-SC) - Barnstorming in SC-6
Sen. Joe Biden (D-DE) - Barnstorming in SC
Sen. John Edwards (D-NC) - Barnstorming in Florida
Sen. Dan Mongiardo (D-KY) - Barnstorming in Iowa
Gov. Joe Manchin III (D-WV) - Hosting 2 pro-Lincoln fundraisers in West Virginia
Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-CA) Bundling for Lincoln
Gov. Jodi Rell (R-CT) - Barnstorming in New Hampshire
Gov. John Baldacci (D-ME) - Barnstorming in New Hampshire
Rep. Debbie Wasserman-Schultz (D-FL) - Barnstorming in Florida
Gov. Brian Schweitzer (D-MT) - Barnstorming in Iowa

Organizations:
NOW - Producing first ad in support of Lincoln.
Planned Parenthood - Fundraising for Lincoln
NAACP - Fundraising for Lincoln & producing TV spots for Florida and South Carolina
American Federation of Teachers - Producing mailers for Lincoln
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2014, 10:55:43 PM »

Gov. Jodi Rell (R-CT)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: A STATEMENT FROM GOV. RELL

Over the past week I have received many calls of support and many surprising calls of condemnation. One of those calls from the latter category have moved me to release this statement. I understand those disappointed in my endorsement, but I would ask that the trust we have developed, me your Governor, and you a citizen of Connecticut, will be enough for you to hear me out, no matter where you stand.

I am supporting former Senator and Gates Foundation CEO Blanche Lincoln for president. While I've received a lot of calls over the last week, my main concern has been the last three years. I supported President Giuliani back then; we all did. We gave him our votes and our trust. But all he's done is continue Bush's failures and impede Bush's successes. More war and more death was never the answer, but we thought President Giuliani would handle the issues in Iraq as peacefully as possible.

Now to Blanche. She is the most genuine and down to earth person who has ever run for the presidency. She is just like so many mothers and has faced the challenges of handling an important job while raising children. But that's not all. Blanche is the only candidate in this race who will follow through. Giuliani - he said he'd raise the minimum wage, all he wanted was our vote. He said he'd protect the environment, but all he wanted was our vote.

We are so hardworking here in Connecticut; and we need a President who is hardworking too. And because of that I am proud to support Blanche Lincoln for President.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2014, 11:37:52 AM »
« Edited: September 16, 2014, 11:40:40 AM by badgate »

OOC: Did Vilsack drop out? He's in the New Hampshire poll, but none of the others.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2014, 12:10:32 AM »

Lincoln Endorsements, IV

Rep. James Matheson (D-UT)

Gov. Brad Henry (D-OK)

Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr. (D-IL)

Sen. Maria Cantwell (D-WA)

Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length