Liz Warren shocks everyone who doesn't know her foreign policy.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:38:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Liz Warren shocks everyone who doesn't know her foreign policy.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Liz Warren shocks everyone who doesn't know her foreign policy.  (Read 1902 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 31, 2014, 12:06:52 PM »

http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2014/08/28/elizabeth_warren_sides_with_israel_not_with_the_liberals_who_keep_daydreaming.html

The Liz Warren crowd, try as they might, continue to pretend she would be different on foreign policy. She's not.
Dixie Reborn
BeyondTruthAndIdeals
Canada

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 12:10:08 PM »

Then again, the Liz Warren crowd probably has a combined IQ which barely reaches the double digits.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 12:27:23 PM »

What is liberal foreign policy? I would argue liberal foreign policy would support a liberal Democracy defending itself from terrorism.  Unfortunately, the left in other countries has fallen victim to this mindset that Israel represents the "evil colonialist west" and Hamas are the Che Guevara like third world freedom fighters.  In America, we're going to have to deal with that attitude at some point I believe.  But, at the moment, it's the minority view mostly confined to radical left who don't really belong in the Democratic Party anyway.

That said, let's just be honest, the United States is pro-Israel.  There's no margin in being anti-Israel.  On top of that, who do you think gives money to Democrats?  Jews!  Jewish people are a key part of the financial and intellectual base of the Democratic party.  Some anti-Semites see that fact as some sort of conspiracy, but it's definitely a fact. 
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 12:28:35 PM »

Then again, the Liz Warren crowd probably has a combined IQ which barely reaches the double digits.

I'm not sure about IQ, but I think they may be deaf. Due to things like this, the fact that she's said she isn't running 5000 times and they continue to insist she is, and bashing Hillary for supporting Goldwater in 1964 when Warren was a Republican until 1996.

Anyway, good for Warren for standing up against Hamas apologism, just like Bernie did.
KCDem

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 01:32:29 PM »

Just like most people from Alabama.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 01:52:41 PM »

[/thread]
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 02:18:55 PM »

Basically every American politician is right-wing on Israel and supports Israel stealing land from the West Bank.
Lurker
Norway
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 02:40:33 PM »
« Edited: August 31, 2014, 03:04:30 PM by Lurker »

This doesn't surprise me at all. She's an American politician, with presumably high ambitions - supporting Israel strongly is the only logical thing for her to do (no matter here personal views, which of course may well be very pro-Israeli as well).

What does surprise me is the fact that she was a Republican as late as 1996, according to the article. Warren was near 50 at the time, so it's hardly some "youthful mistake" either. It's funny though how she uses that old tired (and generally untrue) cliché of "I didn't leave the party, the party left me" (paraphrasing her, of course). A strange choice for Hero of the True Leftists.
Lurker
Norway
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2014, 02:42:35 PM »

I'm not sure about IQ, but I think they may be deaf. Due to things like this, the fact that she's said she isn't running 5000 times and they continue to insist she is, and bashing Hillary for supporting Goldwater in 1964 when Warren was a Republican until 1996.

Anyway, good for Warren for standing up against Hamas apologism, just like Bernie did.

Haha, I actually did not know that until just now, but that's absolutely hilarious. But of course, Warren will say she was a member of the "reasonable" and "moderate" GOP (led by that famous moderate, Newt Gingrich...).
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2014, 03:19:37 PM »

This doesn't surprise me at all. She's an American politician, with presumably high ambitions - supporting Israel strongly is the only logical thing for her to do (no matter here personal views, which of course may well be very pro-Israeli as well).

What does surprise me is the fact that she was a Republican as late as 1996, according to the article. Warren was near 50 at the time, so it's hardly some "youthful mistake" either. It's funny though how she uses that old tired (and generally untrue) cliché of "I didn't leave the party, the party left me" (paraphrasing her, of course). A strange choice for Hero of the True Leftists.
I don't know where you got this from... in her memoir she makes it very clear that she switched from because she did research on the causes of bankruptcies and figured out the Republican excuse of irresponsible spending sprees to be BS. Also, I think (though I'm not sure) her family was ancestrally Republican.

Also, True Leftists universally despise Warren
Lurker
Norway
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2014, 03:24:13 PM »

I don't know where you got this from... in her memoir she makes it very clear that she switched from because she did research on the causes of bankruptcies and figured out the Republican excuse of irresponsible spending sprees to be BS. Also, I think (though I'm not sure) her family was ancestrally Republican.

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2014/04/27/3431303/warren-left-gop/

This quote in particular: "I was with the GOP for a while because I really thought that it was a party that was principled in its conservative approach to economics and to markets. And I feel like the GOP party just left that. They moved to a party that said, “No, it’s not about a level playing field. It’s now about a field that’s gotten tilted.” And they really stood up for the big financial institutions when the big financial institutions are just hammering middle class American families. I just feel like that’s a party that moved way, way away."
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2014, 03:26:41 PM »

Wait, aren't True Leftists her fanbase?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2014, 03:38:52 PM »

Well, "activists" are her fanbase.  I bet if you asked TNF, SWE, or Sagestalker their opinion of her it probably won't be as glowing of an endorsement as you would figure.

If she left the GOP in 19freaking96 because she thought it was too pro-Wall Street she certainly isn't as bright as her degrees would imply.  Not saying the Dems were/are more so, but that the GOP being the Party of Big Business goes back a lot freaking further than Newt Gingrich and Ronnie Reagan, unlike what a few retards on this forum like to believe.
Dixie Reborn
BeyondTruthAndIdeals
Canada

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2014, 05:07:38 PM »

There aren't too many Warren supporters in Alabama.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2014, 06:22:25 PM »

Very few Democrats in DC who don't side in Israel and I really don't know why people are surprised by it I mean even Bernie Sanders backs Israel 100%.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2014, 07:07:18 PM »

There aren't too many Warren supporters in Alabama.

You didn't understand what KCDem said. Maybe it's because you are from Alabama.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2014, 07:16:25 PM »

Guys, should we cool it with the "OMFG Republicans/Democrats are stoooopid!!1!!" posts? That sort of garbage is what comments under news articles are for.

I also don't see why someone can't support Iron Dome, while also opposing Israel's constant sabre-rattling, but maybe that's me.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2014, 07:24:29 PM »

Basically every American politician is right-wing on Israel and supports Israel stealing land from the West Bank.

You've decided in your own mind that being pro-Israel is "conservative" because you don't like that viewpoint.  It's not conservative or liberal to be an interventionist.  Period.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2014, 11:34:37 PM »

It depends on the context Rocky GOP, but in the case of Israel,it is conservative inherently no matter  how the intent is (be it some kind of regressive/dogmatic desire to support the Holy Land and protect the first chosen people or some kind of liberal desire to attempt to repay for the Holocaust) because it supports an occupation and does not leave any room for a diplomatic solution.

Freeing Palestine or trying to find a middle ground on the hand would be good case of liberal intervention since that supports ending an occupation,but there can be liberal and conservative reasonings for that too.

However, except for the last sane man who brokered the one decent peace in the Middle East and  wrote Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid Jimmy Carter and Herbert Hoover, pretty much all American foreign policy has been conservative-interventionist since Grover Cleveland left the White House.

So it really shouldn't be any surprise that Warren follows suit.

The real question is how conservative-interventionist on foreign policy is she?

MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2014, 12:22:46 AM »

Basically every American politician is right-wing on Israel and supports Israel stealing land from the West Bank. rightfully ruling the West Bank.

And how do you explain Obama supporting the Muslims in any conflict involving Islam and Israel?
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2014, 01:58:34 AM »

Because he literally sides with Israel over Islam every single time?
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2014, 12:32:18 PM »

Well, "activists" are her fanbase.  I bet if you asked TNF, SWE, or Sagestalker their opinion of her it probably won't be as glowing of an endorsement as you would figure.

If she left the GOP in 19freaking96 because she thought it was too pro-Wall Street she certainly isn't as bright as her degrees would imply.  Not saying the Dems were/are more so, but that the GOP being the Party of Big Business goes back a lot freaking further than Newt Gingrich and Ronnie Reagan, unlike what a few retards on this forum like to believe.

Warren's framing of it, at least that I heard during her campaign against Brown, was that the Republican Party didn't become more pro-Wall Street in the nineties so much as she became less so.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2014, 02:00:13 PM »

The GOP being pro-big busisness goes back to at least the Guilded Age.

Warren's framing of it, at least that I heard during her campaign against Brown, was that the Republican Party didn't become more pro-Wall Street in the nineties so much as she became less so.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2014, 07:41:54 PM »

The GOP being pro-big busisness goes back to at least the Guilded Age.

I'd argue there has never been a time when the GOP wasn't the party of big business.  Lincoln was certainly cosy with the railroad tycoons.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2014, 07:46:54 PM »

Is there anyone in Congress who isn't a blatant puppet of Tel Aviv?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies