Cris Survey - Consolidation (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:17:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Cris Survey - Consolidation (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Please answer the questions following the indications of my post.
1 - In favor

1 - Against

1 - Undecided

2 - In favor

2 - Against

2 - Undecided

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Cris Survey - Consolidation  (Read 695 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: August 31, 2014, 05:23:32 PM »

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 08:23:23 PM »
« Edited: August 31, 2014, 08:30:31 PM by Lowly Griff »

Preferably, I don't want any form of consolidation at all, but 4 regions would be better than 3.

The problem with 4 regions is that the primary reason for consolidation - inactivity and a lack of being able to fill all regional offices effectively - would only be addressed partially if we went to 4. Such a large change - as it has proven to be with more than a year of talks on the matter - might prove to be useless if we only eliminate 5-7 offices instead of 10-14. I recall several of us discussing this issue many months ago and somebody had a very compelling argument as to why we shouldn't bother with 4, which hinged on the outlined point above.

It is possible to make a map like this which (apart from shifting Oklahoma) keeps four of the five regions intact.

Which isn't fundamentally different than the CARCA map that came out of the convention (sans OK, MO, MN & IA). As I recall, there was a lot of heavy debate about this general region in the map making process.

I will point out that your map doesn't keep 4/5 regions intact wholly (not sure if that's what you meant). The NE gets split because of DE going south, the ME is obviously divided and the MW is divided due to OK.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies