Israel steals another 1000 acres of the West Bank
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:09:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel steals another 1000 acres of the West Bank
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Israel steals another 1000 acres of the West Bank  (Read 4282 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 31, 2014, 02:08:06 PM »

http://maannews.net/eng/ViewDetails.aspx?ID=724424

It's the largest land grab in 30 years.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 07:19:22 PM »

Jews, right?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 08:09:50 PM »

The Palestinian ghetto gets smaller and smaller. When is liquidation day? [/antisemitic]
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 08:10:28 PM »

Hamas' fault, clearly.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 09:35:29 PM »

The Palestinian ghetto gets smaller and smaller. When is liquidation day? [/antisemitic]

Yeah, idiotic hyperbole like this isn't really helping your cause.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 09:51:26 PM »

All the right people hear the dogwhistles. That's what matters to the "Israel is the new Nazis" crew.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 10:15:46 PM »

All the right people hear the dogwhistles. That's what matters to the "Israel is the new Nazis" crew.

Yet, what is your opinion on the subject?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 10:19:05 PM »

My cause?
Would it be better for me to describe this as "sovereign Israel reclaiming their rightful land"?

The Israeli government should know better than anyone that moving and resettling people they don't like into ever smaller, more restrictive pieces of land in order to open up lands for the settlement of their own people is a dangerous road to go down.

Your reactionary demand that we tiptoe around the Israelis because of the Holocaust is dangerous and both minimizes and justifies what Israel is doing.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2014, 10:28:37 PM »

My opinion is that comparing Israel to Nazi Germany is hate speech.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2014, 10:30:37 PM »

Yes. Comparing Israel to Nazi Germany should be banned.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2014, 10:33:28 PM »
« Edited: August 31, 2014, 10:35:30 PM by A.G. Snowstalker »

When the colonialists stop killing children and locking millions of human beings into open-air prisons we can talk about "hate speech".
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2014, 10:38:29 PM »

Hitler wanted to expand to the east and clear out the undesirables along the way. The murderers are doing sort of the same thing today, aren't they?
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2014, 10:46:00 PM »

Hitler wanted to expand to the east and clear out the undesirables along the way. The murderers are doing sort of the same thing today, aren't they?

No, except in your fevered delusions where a Palestinian holocaust has been inevitable forever and oh, heavens, someone had better do something about it because this time it's really going to happen!

We see you.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2014, 10:52:37 PM »

This is not a negative development - the two state solution has been dead for some time, and the present goal should be a unitary, secular (non Jewish) state where Jews and Muslims are treated as equals. This action does not move us away from that goal, and even brings it closer.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2014, 11:07:46 PM »

Waiting for dead0man to give some schpiel about how we can't criticize poor defenseless Israel because they really do feel bad about doing this but they have no choice because the Big Bad Palestinians etc etc.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2014, 11:11:33 PM »

Waiting for dead0man to give some schpiel about how we can't criticize poor defenseless Israel because they really do feel bad about doing this but they have no choice because the Big Bad Palestinians etc etc.

I mean, even I can see that this is pretty much a petty revenge strike against Hamas that will help absolutely nothing and probably hurt both sides in the long run. It's just ugly and pointless.

Probably would have said that first if the "Israel is the New Nazis" vultures didn't make such a quick swoop into the thread. But here we are.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2014, 11:13:56 PM »

The murderers just introduced a bill which would make Hebrew the sole official language of Israel. The deaths of three settlers were used as an excuse to slaughter children hiding in U.N. shelters as the denizens of the occupied West Bank are pushed into ever-smaller bantustans with help from Vichy Fatah. It's coming unless the fascists are stopped first. I doubt they will be.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2014, 12:03:29 AM »
« Edited: September 01, 2014, 12:06:18 AM by ag »

Are you sure you would prefer the comparison to South Africa and the bantustans? Or with the Russian Empire and the Pale?

True, these might be more appropriate.  But also more dangerous for Israel.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2014, 12:22:54 AM »

That wasn't my point and you're quite aware of it, but you answered lower.

As for your answer about hate speech, my answer is "don't feed the troll". They do it in big part to see offended reactions from people like you, Ray.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2014, 12:26:48 AM »

This is very bad. I condemn it strongly.

I still don't think it justifies violence though.

I think if the Palestinian leadership renounced violence, and sincerely denounced those who didn't, they could get this land back through negotiation.

It probably wouldn't be easy though.

I think it would have been at one point. I think as late as the Olmert premiership, Israel would have jumped at the chance to give land for peace.

The Israeli leadership now is more dickish, as this move itself shows. I don't think they are impervious to negotiation though. They probably would stall. They would probably be hoping in the back of their heads that the Palestinians respond to the stalling with violence, so they could say they were right about them all along. If the Palestinians could resist the urge to take up violence at the first roadblock though, there is basically no one Israel would be able to stall long term.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2014, 12:32:45 AM »

Are you sure you would prefer the comparison to South Africa and the bantustans? Or with the Russian Empire and the Pale?

They are more appropriate.  With rare exceptions, even ultra-Zionists don't want to kill the Untermenschen, they just want them to go someplace else and forget that there ever was such a thing as a Palestinian identity.   I don't see either ever happening now, and the Zionists better hope that the latter never happens.  If the Arab world ever does truly unite, Israel is doomed.
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2014, 12:47:38 AM »

The US and the Native Americans  along with South Africa and the bantustans work best. Probably the US/Native Americans is the better of the pair, as in both cases, the many of the initial immigrants had reason to move there (pogroms + holocaust vs. religious persecution) , and proceeded to thoroughly abuse the privilege. Also the fact that racism was not so much "offficial" than de facto.

Don't worry about the one language bill, either. It's always the same fascists who propose it every few years (last time was 2008), and it's always shelved. It's even less likely to happen now, since the current coalition is less amenable to that sort of thing.

I suppose there's nothing to do but hold out hope that Obama holds sending of some weapons and/or something else comparable. I highly doubt that's will happen unfortunately.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2014, 12:54:49 AM »

True, these might be more appropriate.  But also more dangerous for Israel.

Apartheid South Africa is the most obvious. But I don't know if apartheid South Africa ever made their bantustans smaller.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2014, 01:09:15 AM »

My cause?
Would it be better for me to describe this as "sovereign Israel reclaiming their rightful land"?

The Israeli government should know better than anyone that moving and resettling people they don't like into ever smaller, more restrictive pieces of land in order to open up lands for the settlement of their own people is a dangerous road to go down.

Your reactionary demand that we tiptoe around the Israelis because of the Holocaust is dangerous and both minimizes and justifies what Israel is doing.

What? When did I ever say anything remotely similar to this? What a bizarre comment. All I said was that it's idiotic hyperbole to compare Israel to Nazi Germany, because it is.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2014, 01:27:55 AM »

Guys, Israel is the rightful sovereign over the West Bank. Do their leaders do stupid things? Yes. We should have a One State Solution. Israel with full religious freedom and Muslims give control of the Temple Mount to the Jews.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies