Jennifer Lawrence and many other celebrities...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:57:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Jennifer Lawrence and many other celebrities...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Jennifer Lawrence and many other celebrities...  (Read 10812 times)
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2014, 09:18:05 PM »

Kate Upton is the face of uniquely American excess combined with an utter lack of talent or insight in any way. Her career was based entirely on being a tease, and now that that is gone she will establish herself as the only person whose career will actually be harmed by the leaks (J-Law will probably come out of this more popular).
What kind of "insight" do you want? You expect her to give political commentary or something? She seems "talented" enough to me.

Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2014, 09:33:09 PM »

Kate Upton is the face of uniquely American excess combined with an utter lack of talent or insight in any way. Her career was based entirely on being a tease, and now that that is gone she will establish herself as the only person whose career will actually be harmed by the leaks (J-Law will probably come out of this more popular).
What kind of "insight" do you want? You expect her to give political commentary or something? She seems "talented" enough to me.

Snow, she's a model.  She's paid to look good and that's it.  Suggesting that Kate Upton do all the extra stuff someone like Tyra Banks does (talk shows, philanthropy, etc.) would be the same as suggesting the guy at Big Box store try extra super hard so he can be "Employee Of The Month" like Bob is.  We can praise Bob all we want but that doesn't mean you have to pile on the other guy who justifiably toils as little as possible as collects his check. 
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2014, 09:49:18 PM »

I took excess another way... so ah great, I get to be the sexist jerk to point out that Upton is on her way to having weight problems for her profession.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2014, 09:54:57 PM »

She is very talented at being attractive. Which has been the successful root of careers for individuals since the beginning of time, I'd gather.

I, for one, derive far more satisfaction from Kate Upton's "talents" than I do from Snowstalker's "insights".
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2014, 09:57:36 PM »

I took excess another way... so ah great, I get to be the sexist jerk to point out that Upton is on her way to having weight problems for her profession.

I always thought she had a weird midsection....

But her face and jugs are incredible, so she'll likely be a successful American sex symbol for years to come. 
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2014, 10:02:54 PM »

She is a bit boxy yes but obviously attractive. If Im to engage in lookism, Id say at 22 years old I could see her going an Anna Nicole Smith route.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2014, 01:33:17 AM »

A " weird midsection"... " bit boxy"... "on her way to having weight problems"... what is wrong with you people? Perhaps this is the sexist patriarchy the angry people are always going on about.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2014, 01:39:43 AM »

Unattractive nerds discussing how a very successful model isn't perfect is like the 4th most popular activity on the internet.  Of course this isn't the fault of the internet, we heard the same sh**t about models from unattractive people long before the internet was a thing.  The internet just gives them a larger audience.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2014, 01:46:10 AM »

I may very well be an "unattractive nerd" myself but this is just... I'm out of here.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2014, 02:20:37 AM »

A " weird midsection"... " bit boxy"... "on her way to having weight problems"... what is wrong with you people? Perhaps this is the sexist patriarchy the angry people are always going on about.

This.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2014, 05:27:53 AM »

Im not the one who created these conditions.  Fact is, she is a very young girl.  She will likely get heavier and the model/entertainment world will move on to the next big thing that you fawn over and you will forget all about her. Same thing happens in music, when was the last time you heard about Britney Spears, outside the words comeback.

And dead0, sure nerds critique is a popular activity, however, so is the ridiculous glorification of the celebrity and putting people up on pedestals. It is part of the vicious cycle that always happens. Someone is built up to be the most perfect and special thing in the world, only to then be torn down.  These celebrities neither deserve the high praise nor the intense scrutiny.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2014, 06:01:26 AM »

Im not the one who created these conditions.  Fact is, she is a very young girl.  She will likely get heavier and the model/entertainment world will move on to the next big thing that you fawn over and you will forget all about her. Same thing happens in music, when was the last time you heard about Britney Spears, outside the words comeback.
and sport and acting (more so for ladies than dudes) and likely more things I can't think of right now.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Of course and we also shouldn't give two sh**ts what some actor thinks about whatever tragedy of the week he/she is bitching about (at least anymore than we give two sh**ts about any individual's opinion on sh**t) but, generally speaking, it's better to ignore it or at least mock it in a less personal way.....unless the individual being mocked actually, you know, deserves it.  I watch the Soup religiously for Og's sake, who am I to bash a mocker of celebrity?

..and FTR, I don't really care if you bitch about models and such, and I don't know if you are an unattractive nerd or not (odds are not on your side though Wink ), but the mental image of someone like Comic Book Guy (I almost called him Comic Book Man....they would have revoked my Simpsons fan club card if I had one) critiquing the looks of a woman known primarily for her attractiveness is a hilarious one.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2014, 01:00:09 PM »

Dudes discussing women in a male-dominated environment is sexist now?  I thought it was a normal thing guys just do.  Women discuss the physical attractiveness of men all the time!  And didn't I say she had killer t1ts and a beautiful face?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2014, 05:54:37 AM »

Dudes discussing women in a male-dominated environment is sexist now?  I thought it was a normal thing guys just do.  Women discuss the physical attractiveness of men all the time!  And didn't I say she had killer t1ts and a beautiful face?

Sentence 1: No, you didn't get it
Sentence 2: lol
Sentence 3: you're still not getting it
Sentence 4: wow, didn't know it was possible to miss the point THIS much. And why self-censor tits? I have no speech.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2014, 03:09:28 PM »

Fappening 2.0 has kicked off.  huge trove of Jennifer Lawrence, Cuoco, Rihanna, Kim Kardashian, Avril Lavigne..
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2014, 03:17:57 PM »

Ugh, horrible. Vulgar thing to do but terrible for them, the perps should be subjected to rigorous imprisonment. Feel badly for all except Kim, considering this sort of thing is why she is famous in the first place. Society has been made to pay the consequences for that, I think.

These sort of pics are bad but doing this is many many times worse. Disgusting.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2014, 06:01:42 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2014, 06:03:20 PM by HockeyDude »

Dudes discussing women in a male-dominated environment is sexist now?  I thought it was a normal thing guys just do.  Women discuss the physical attractiveness of men all the time!  And didn't I say she had killer t1ts and a beautiful face?

Sentence 4: wow, didn't know it was possible to miss the point THIS much. And why self-censor tits? I have no speech.

No, Gustaf, youre just a boring prick who likes to stand on your little cloud of judgment passing life lessons out to all the sinners.  Go ahead and report that.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2014, 06:28:15 PM »

I don't even know who "Cuoco" is.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2014, 08:08:30 PM »

Dudes discussing women in a male-dominated environment is sexist now?  I thought it was a normal thing guys just do.  Women discuss the physical attractiveness of men all the time!  And didn't I say she had killer t1ts and a beautiful face?

No, Gustaf, youre just a boring prick who likes to stand on your little cloud of judgment passing life lessons out to all the sinners.  Go ahead and report that.

I don't report a great many posts, I'm not like Opebo and those other cry babies. Smiley

And I think you once again, like other Atlas misogynists, conflate dislike of sexism with dislike of sex. They're very different things and you would probably get more of the latter if you weren't so enamoured with the former.

I'm certainly more of a sinner than a prude and have very little of a judgmental attitude in this realm.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2014, 08:58:35 PM »

I don't report a great many posts, I'm not like Opebo and those other cry babies. Smiley

And I think you once again, like other Atlas misogynists, conflate dislike of sexism with dislike of sex. They're very different things and you would probably get more of the latter if you weren't so enamoured with the former.

I'm certainly more of a sinner than a prude and have very little of a judgmental attitude in this realm.

I'm sorry, I'm not a misogynist or enamored with sexism because I talk about the physical appearance of women with other men.  If it makes me a misogynist in someone else's book, fine, but that's not something I'm going to feel guilty about. 
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2014, 09:57:49 PM »

Alright, that's enough Jennifer Lawrence nudes for two lifetimes. Time to stop leaking.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2014, 10:20:08 PM »

I always thought she had a weird midsection....
She is a bit boxy yes but obviously attractive.

But how sharp are her knees?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2014, 03:44:23 AM »

I'm sorry, I'm not a misogynist or enamored with sexism because I talk about the physical appearance of women with other men.  If it makes me a misogynist in someone else's book, fine, but that's not something I'm going to feel guilty about. 

I realize that it can be painful to question yourself, your flaws and your prejudices. It's much simpler to rely on one's dogma and insist that whatever you do can't be wrong 'just because'. But it's easy to educate yourself on how objectification, especially of the nasty kind displayed in this thread, hurts women and is part of a power structure that is essentially amoral.

But, sure complain about how mean other people are being to you by not being assholes. Tongue

(as an aside I find the whole "self-righteous/white knight" stuff that misogynists throw around to be one of the lamest type of arguments ever. It's essentially saying that other people being nicer than you makes you feel bad about yourself so they should stop. How did that ever become a socially accepted retort to anything?)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2014, 12:32:46 PM »

A "white night" in theory is an affected straight man who goes out of his way to defend women in a cynical effort to get laid. In practice it's often used for the majority of men who side with women over the Internet in any context.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2014, 06:25:46 PM »

Why do they even take these pictures anyway?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies