Jennifer Lawrence and many other celebrities... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:19:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Jennifer Lawrence and many other celebrities... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jennifer Lawrence and many other celebrities...  (Read 10920 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« on: September 02, 2014, 11:57:39 AM »

I mean the obvious question is why female celebrities and not male celebrities? Would they have gotten any interest had they been, as Marokai suggested, been pictures of Taylor Lautner or, say, Michael Phelps? Would they have even bothered? This is obviously a disturbing invasion of privacy, an act of exploitation, and a show of depravity.

It also raises the question, however, of why there were naked pictures in the first place. Setting matters of prudery aside (and avoiding a moralistic argument), why did they decide to upload them to the Internet in the first place? For whom were they intended? Perhaps that last question is overly prying, but I would think celebrities would take greater caution with such things.

At the same time I sort of wonder what the big deal is here, as I often do in these "moral crises". Haven't we already seen these people topless? Even if not, is it such a big deal? We've gotten used to seeing actresses' beasts in movies, no? Of course this doesn't do anything to mitigate the invasion of privacy issue, but the main problem stemming for that, I'd say, is the fact that hacking into "the cloud" is apparently doable. Which should worry all of us. We as a society, again, have apparently decided paparazzi getting into the face of famous people at all times is acceptable, so I'm somewhat unconvinced by people suddenly up in arms about celebrities' "right to privacy".
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 12:22:22 PM »
« Edited: September 02, 2014, 12:24:03 PM by Governor Varavour »

Maybe it's just my strict African upbringing talking here, but I don't see why teenage girls would have access to their parents' credit cards. Then again I don't see why parents would be paying for their children to have credit cards, but it seems more common than not here... so maybe it's just me.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 08:18:50 PM »
« Edited: July 17, 2017, 11:54:26 PM by Simfan34 »

I've now seen the photos and let me tell you something......that Kate Upton is an attractive woman.

I haven't seen the pictures and I could tell you that much. It's not as if she's been seen only in an abaya until now or something like that:

(Does this violate the TOS? I recall the issue with the Hot Girls Thread was copyright, and not merely the fact it had images of attractive women, but I could be wrong. It might alternatively violate some sort of skin-showing limit that I am unaware of. Either way if there's a problem let me know instead of... just slapping me with death points, okay? The image is strictly for... illustrative purposes.)

I daresay you could manage with a lot less flesh to fairly determine attractiveness anyway, but it's not like there's much left to the imagination in the first place. Of course I realise you're being humorous but... I've already written this.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 09:54:57 PM »

Kate Upton is the face of uniquely American excess combined with an utter lack of talent or insight in any way. Her career was based entirely on being a tease, and now that that is gone she will establish herself as the only person whose career will actually be harmed by the leaks (J-Law will probably come out of this more popular).

She is very talented at being attractive. Which has been the successful root of careers for individuals since the beginning of time, I'd gather.

I, for one, derive far more satisfaction from Kate Upton's "talents" than I do from Snowstalker's "insights".
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 01:33:17 AM »

A " weird midsection"... " bit boxy"... "on her way to having weight problems"... what is wrong with you people? Perhaps this is the sexist patriarchy the angry people are always going on about.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 01:46:10 AM »

I may very well be an "unattractive nerd" myself but this is just... I'm out of here.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2014, 03:17:57 PM »

Ugh, horrible. Vulgar thing to do but terrible for them, the perps should be subjected to rigorous imprisonment. Feel badly for all except Kim, considering this sort of thing is why she is famous in the first place. Society has been made to pay the consequences for that, I think.

These sort of pics are bad but doing this is many many times worse. Disgusting.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2014, 08:20:35 PM »

I always thought she had a weird midsection....

She is a bit boxy yes but obviously attractive. If Im to engage in lookism, Id say at 22 years old I could see her going an Anna Nicole Smith route.

I took excess another way... so ah great, I get to be the sexist jerk to point out that Upton is on her way to having weight problems for her profession.

This is just not right.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies