Flo's sig on Gay Black Republican
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:15:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Flo's sig on Gay Black Republican
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Flo's sig on Gay Black Republican  (Read 543 times)
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 31, 2014, 08:24:24 PM »

Is this a joke? Does the band consist of a gay black Republican? I wonder what percent of gay blacks are Republican...gotta be under 5%.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 08:59:33 PM »

If you took the 6% of blacks that voted Romney and the 22% of gays that voted Romney, you would have 1.3% of gay black people voting Romney. Of course the gay numbers are different with black people and vise versa, so that math might not be accurate.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 09:02:04 PM »

This is the second thread about one of my signatures Tongue

Is this a joke? Does the band consist of a gay black Republican? I wonder what percent of gay blacks are Republican...gotta be under 5%.

Wasn't it like 8% of black men supported Romney? And 75% of LGBT supported Obama? So 2%?
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 09:12:23 PM »

Wasn't it like 8% of black men supported Romney? And 75% of LGBT supported Obama? So 2%?

Where is the other one? Can you answer my question about the band?
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 09:15:24 PM »

Where is the other one? Can you answer my question about the band?

1. https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=194023.0
2. http://www.gayblackrepublican.com/
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 11:07:44 PM »

You don't multiply percentages like that to calculate voters with multiple characteristics that would suggest a voting percentage. That's like saying, I'm a male and Republicans only get 50% of the male vote and I'm Catholic and Republicans only get 50% of the Catholic vote, so being a male Catholic, the Republicans should only have a 25% chance of getting my vote.

As it relates to the question, we'll probably never get reliable exit polling on how gay blacks vote and we'd have to try and answer which characteristic they would be more likely to identify as first, among other things to estimate a percentage.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 12:33:57 AM »

You don't multiply percentages like that to calculate voters with multiple characteristics that would suggest a voting percentage. That's like saying, I'm a male and Republicans only get 50% of the male vote and I'm Catholic and Republicans only get 50% of the Catholic vote, so being a male Catholic, the Republicans should only have a 25% chance of getting my vote.

As it relates to the question, we'll probably never get reliable exit polling on how gay blacks vote and we'd have to try and answer which characteristic they would be more likely to identify as first, among other things to estimate a percentage.

Yeah, I should've put a bit more thought into that post.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 12:57:46 AM »

If you took the 6% of blacks that voted Romney and the 22% of gays that voted Romney, you would have 1.3% of gay black people voting Romney. Of course the gay numbers are different with black people and vise versa, so that math might not be accurate.

Obviously the percentage that are Republicans is low, but it's going to be greater than 6% * 22%. It should be less than 6%, though.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 01:25:09 AM »

Obviously the percentage that are Republicans is low, but it's going to be greater than 6% * 22%. It should be less than 6%, though.

Yeah, should be around 2-3%.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2014, 06:24:24 AM »

They look like a hardcore punk band or something. . . . . so I'm lean yes on this.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies