Council of Atlasian Regional Executives (C.A.R.E.)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:37:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Council of Atlasian Regional Executives (C.A.R.E.)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Council of Atlasian Regional Executives (C.A.R.E.)  (Read 725 times)
Talleyrand
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 01, 2014, 05:38:52 PM »

This organization aims to improve governance and regional co-operation in Atlasia by creating a forum where regional executives may work together and discuss proposals to improve the state of the nation.

List of Regional Executives

Mideast

Governor TJ- Office

Midwest

Governor LeBron Fitzgerald- Office

Northeast

Governor Talleyrand- Office

Southeast

Emperor Maxwell- Office

Pacific

Governor Varavour- Office

C.A.R.E. welcomes all contributions from Atlasian citizens to further foster discussion and objectives between regional executives. Any input is appreciated.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 05:41:59 PM »

Signing in.

x Talleyrand, Governor of the Northeast
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 05:42:59 PM »

Signing in.

x TJ, Governor of the Mideast
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 05:54:15 PM »

x Maxwell, IDS Emperor

effortpost coming tomorrow maybe
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 06:44:16 PM »
« Edited: September 01, 2014, 06:59:11 PM by MW Governor LeBron FitzGerald »

Sounds like a great idea. It should allow us to work across the aisle much more to considering the diverse party makeup among the 5 of us, so hopefully we can work together for the better of our regions.

x LeBron FitzGerald, Governor of the Most Serene Republic of the Midwest
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 06:55:54 PM »

Signing in.

x Varavour,  Governor of the People's Region of the Pacific
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 09:15:36 PM »

Greetings fellow Regional Executives, We are all fairly new to our jobs, but some of us have been around for a long time. I think bringing back this organization is deeply important to the future of regions, as we are seeing a time when the Federal Government is not only in charge of a lot of power, but also has a lot of activity. The regions are not what they were in the last couple of years. Even when consolidation first came up, many thought it would be difficult to make the argument due to the relative success of regional governments. However, regional governments now are struggling, so now more than ever, we need communication.

C.A.R.E. is a way for regional executives to promote their methods of success, or to work together with fellow regional executives in order to see what works and if it could work somewhere else. I'm confident that this revival will be able to shake up the Atlasian establishment and get some real energy going again.

I think the first thing we should focus on as Regional Executives is employment. We, as leaders, should understand the plight of our people, and without good paying jobs, our people struggle, whether that's in poverty or living in a line of work that doesn't suit them. I think we should start with plans for employment in our respective regions.

I will try to work on something big for the IDS, as I have some small projects we are already going through. I hope you all do the same.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 09:25:31 PM »

One idea that I like, and which was suggested by Representative Dallasfan65, was a large tax rebate, if not some sort of stimulus with the budget surplus we've accumulated in the Northeast. While I understand that some regions might want to build a larger rainy day fund with all the money they've accumulated over the past years/trimesters, this might be a good step in regard to boosting the economy (especially as Atlasia has no debt to pay off as far as I know).

TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2014, 11:59:33 AM »

The Mideast has been running a budgetary surplus every year since we've had a well-defined budget. This has lead to economic stability and gives us leeway now to fund infrastructure projects and cut taxes. The model I have proposed for tax cuts focuses on the sales tax because cutting it would help working families to make ends meet and give them greater spending power to in turn further grow the economy.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2014, 01:03:45 PM »

The Mideast has been running a budgetary surplus every year since we've had a well-defined budget. This has lead to economic stability and gives us leeway now to fund infrastructure projects and cut taxes. The model I have proposed for tax cuts focuses on the sales tax because cutting it would help working families to make ends meet and give them greater spending power to in turn further grow the economy.

What sort of infrastructure projects are you interested in doing?
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2014, 10:40:32 PM »

What sort of infrastructure projects are you interested in doing?

In this year's budget, we didn't specify any new projects. I was referring to two things: First, the High Speed Rail project we funded last year, and second, I fought to stop proposed cuts to energy infrastructure spending in this year's budget.

Right now, the biggest infrastructure need of the Mideast region is to improve water quality by reducing phosphate entering our lakes. We're looking into how to best address the problem. A couple years ago we added collection pools to waters entering the Grand Lake St. Marys to help curb algae blooms with some success. Unfortunately, Lake Erie is a problem on a different scale where the answers aren't as simple.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2014, 06:01:50 PM »

I would like to congratulate you folks on following through with this. I would like to play a role when I'm back from sabbatical; I think this organization could very effectively bridge the gap between the federal and regional governments.

Best of luck.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies