Ted Cruz's dad: “The Average Black Does Not” Understand The Minimum Wage Is Bad
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:13:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ted Cruz's dad: “The Average Black Does Not” Understand The Minimum Wage Is Bad
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Ted Cruz's dad: “The Average Black Does Not” Understand The Minimum Wage Is Bad  (Read 4203 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 02, 2014, 04:19:31 PM »

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/ted-cruzs-dad-the-average-black-does-not-understand-the-mini?utm_term=3jqu3vk#3m5wbx9

The father of Republican Texas Sen. Ted Cruz said black people “need to be educated” about Democrats, so that they will vote Republican. Cruz, who made the comments at the Western Williamson Republican Club August meeting added “the average black does not” understand that the minimum wage is bad.

The Aug. 21 meeting advertised that Cruz would “speak passionately on what can be done to return our nation to the principles that made America exceptional.” During the speech, Cruz spoke at length about a recent conversation he said he had with a black pastor in Bakersfield, California.

“I said, as a matter of fact, ‘Did you know that Civil Rights legislation was passed by Republicans? It was passed by a Republican Senate under the threat of a filibuster by the Democrats,’” Cruz said. “‘Oh, I didn’t know that.’ And then I said, ‘Did you know that every member of the Ku Klux Klan were Democrats from the South?’ ‘Oh I didn’t know that.’ You know, they need to be educated.”

“Jason Riley said in an interview, Did you know before we had minimum wage laws black unemployment and white unemployment were the same? If we increase the minimum wage, black unemployment will skyrocket. See, he understands it, but the average black does not.”
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 04:21:44 PM »

Is this the GOP minority outreach? Blacks "need to be educated"?
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 04:22:39 PM »

Is this the GOP minority outreach? Blacks "need to be educated"?

Some would call it an upgrade from the "blacks are too stupid to be educated" version of racism.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 04:28:16 PM »

I'm glad they don't understand a complete falsehood.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 04:47:21 PM »

Ted Cruz's dad needs educated, period.

But then some fellow Republicans actually consider me "moderate" for supporting a minimum wage at all.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 05:59:32 PM »

If Ted does run for president, he may have spend a lot of time explaining and/or appoligizing for things his dad says
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 06:00:00 PM »

Ted Cruz's dad needs to STFU.  
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 06:07:22 PM »

Good. This will take attention off of Rand Paul's dad Tongue.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 06:56:49 PM »

Ted Cruz's dad needs educated, period.

But then some fellow Republicans actually consider me "moderate" for supporting a minimum wage at all.

Actually I'm pretty sure they'd call you a liberal/Marxist. Wink
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2014, 07:12:38 PM »

Someone get this man a parody twitter account.

@sh**tTedCruzsDadSays
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2014, 07:26:52 PM »

The average Republican doesn't understand black people.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2014, 07:55:16 PM »

The average Republican doesn't understand black people.
Do you?

I'm not defending Cruz's dad, but this isn't a left/right issue when it comes to race relations in general, as numerous recent threads prove.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2014, 08:42:35 PM »

Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2014, 08:43:26 PM »

Of course I don't, no white person does. The difference is that I can admit it.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2014, 08:45:32 PM »

Of course I don't, no white person does. The difference is that I can admit it.
Alright, you passed the test Tongue. I was afraid we lost you to the Progressive elitism bubble.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2014, 09:19:01 PM »

“And then I said, ‘Did you know that every member of the Ku Klux Klan were Democrats from the South?’ ‘Oh I didn’t know that.’ You know, they need to be educated.”
So does he.  The KKK wasn't just in the South and when it did leave the confines of the solidly Democratic South in the 1920s, it was just as warmly welcomed by Republicans as Democrats.  Indeed, it in the North, it likely was more Republican than Democrats, especially amongst people whose grandparents had been nativist Know-Nothings.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2014, 09:59:24 PM »

This is golden. The more the merrier.

/Dem hack
GaussLaw
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2014, 10:37:20 PM »

Most Americans, including a good chunk of Republicans, support raising the minimum wage, white or black.

Raphael Cruz is a racist idiot.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2014, 12:27:45 AM »

“And then I said, ‘Did you know that every member of the Ku Klux Klan were Democrats from the South?’ ‘Oh I didn’t know that.’ You know, they need to be educated.”
So does he.  The KKK wasn't just in the South and when it did leave the confines of the solidly Democratic South in the 1920s, it was just as warmly welcomed by Republicans as Democrats.  Indeed, it in the North, it likely was more Republican than Democrats, especially amongst people whose grandparents had been nativist Know-Nothings.

Sounds like the Civil Rights vote. Once you correct for Northern'/Southern, Democrats in both places were more likely than Republicans to vote for it.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2014, 12:52:16 AM »

Didn't the KKK's base in states like Indiana/Ohio mainly consist of Prohibitionist anti-Catholic Republicans?
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2014, 10:45:25 AM »
« Edited: September 05, 2014, 08:56:32 AM by pbrower2a »

Bigots rarely hate selectively. They usually attribute to those whom they despise what they dislike or fear about themselves. Lust. Greed. Violent impulses. Rebellion.  

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Also anti-Jewish and anti-union (Catholics largely associated with labor unions). And of course, all for keeping blacks 'in their place', to use the code-words of the time. The Klan in the North was basically people who wanted the preservation of WASP supremacy and did not care how brutally such would be done.

The 1915 Klan had most of the hallmarks of fascism before Mussolini used the word fascism.    
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2014, 11:18:14 AM »

African American voters have Stockholm Syndrome, and Democrats are incredibly proud for the psychological disease they have engendered in the minority community.

That said, Ted Cruz's dad to learn that Republicans talk a big game, but when it comes down to brass tacks, they are usually willing to go so far as to cut the top marginal tax rate by 2%. My God, how can the middle class not worship Republicans?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2014, 01:50:13 PM »

African American voters have Stockholm Syndrome, and Democrats are incredibly proud for the psychological disease they have engendered in the minority community.

That said, Ted Cruz's dad to learn that Republicans talk a big game, but when it comes down to brass tacks, they are usually willing to go so far as to cut the top marginal tax rate by 2%. My God, how can the middle class not worship Republicans?

FTFY
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2014, 09:06:42 AM »

Middle-class, educated blacks reject the Republican Party in droves even if they would seem to have a shared interest of white people of similar education and income for lower personal taxes. Of course,  middle-class, educated blacks may be more likely to be government employees -- and even if professionals or business owners they may have clientele that use government aid. If your patients are Medicaid recipients or your grocery store relies heavily upon food aid, then you might have an interest in preserving a generous welfare state.

Lower taxes on much lowered income -- or having to get a new job that pays much less -- is a losing proposition for Republicans with blacks at any demographic level.

Stockholm syndrome? No. Rational self-interest. It need not be identical with your idea of rational self-interest to be personally valid.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Maybe it is because the Republicans have little to offer but "Profits first, profits only, until we say otherwise".
Heimdal
HenryH

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2014, 09:46:42 AM »

I agree that Ted Cruz is an idiot, but is this really that much worse than Obamas «typical white person»?
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies